Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    Slow to realize that the Ewok Village's arrival also brought with it the last needed pieces for 2 overdue monochrome colors. En route from BL to fill out the palette are Dark Bley and Dark Tan torsos woohoo!!
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,520
    @legonut80: Go for it! And all the best with baby #4 :-)
    legonut80
  • khmellymelkhmellymel United KingdomMember Posts: 1,232
    @legonut80, nowhere as life event-y as a baby, but I always take a favourite minifigure into a big exam, calms me down somewhat (and if you aren't able to build a polybag, you'll still have something to hold/entertain you).
    carlqlegonut80
  • programmerdanprogrammerdan Member Posts: 27
    edited January 2014
    @legonut80 congrats on the baby #4, best wishes for a safe delivery!

As for my status -- just parted out a 79003 that I got on discount at Walmart for $49. A lot of cool green slopes, plates, and more brick-face 1x2s than I remembered from my prior build.

My wife is a terrible enabler -- was going to keep walking, but she said the magic "You should get it if you want it" words ...
    margot
  • carlqcarlq Ruislip Manor, MiddlesexMember Posts: 792
    ^ - Terrible? She sounds like a FANTASTIC enabler to me...! ;-)
    programmerdan
  • legonut80legonut80 UKMember Posts: 314
    @khmellymel that's sort of what I was thinking as well, a little something to touch and focus on :)

Today I've been sorting out our bedroom to make room for where the baby will sleep, I found all sorts of sets in my wardrobe that I'd forgotten about. Also taken over half of my husband's side of the wardrobe to store Lego :) we don't need many clothes :)
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UK / KLMember Posts: 3,453
    The 18pack of AAA batteries I ordered for my PF trains turned up today. Duracell batteries for only £5.49 - bargain!
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    Putting together #6290 Red Beard Runner, and trying to order missing pieces to complete it.
    legonut80 said:

Baby number 4 due on Thursday, just wondering if I should pack a small set or poly in my bag as a calming effect kind of thing to take my mind away from the pain.

I laugh at the thought of trying to do a Lego set while in labor!!! My scene was more like Circus of the Epidurals, if you ever watched Coupling.
    Caution for language

carlq said:

^ - Terrible? She sounds like a FANTASTIC enabler to me...! ;-)

Indeed, you are correct :-)

carlq
  • legogallegogal USMember Posts: 755
    legonut80: Do you have the pink flamingo polybag with you at the hospital? It could come in handy when you have to tell the other three where number four came from. Have Hubby pm me your address, and I will send one to your house.
    It is my favorite poly placed above my kitchen sink; I talk to it every day because flamingoes were Mom's favorite, and she has been gone for 8 months now.
    By the way, CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Way to go, woman!
    margotcarlqlegonut80
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,272
    @khmellymel - The 2002 Yoda Minifigure accompanies me into all of my exams as a good luck charm, all the way from minor tests in Year 3 to A levels this year :o)

Best of luck @legonut80. I would not worry about it looking a bit strange though, at that point the midwives will not doubt have more pressing concerns! :o)
    margotlegonut80khmellymelEKSam
  • ErnstErnst Member Posts: 133
    Building a Mediëval Village with my son.
    Having just put batteries in the battery box of my Dark Red 0-6-0 tank engine, I have discovered that Big Ben medium driver wheels do not have very good grip. Especially when one of the motor axles has blind drivers on it (so it can go around corners), and the battery box sits directly over that axle and the only non-driven axle.

Seriously, it spins the wheels when setting off - even without any wagons - and can't move at all if it has more than two wagons attached... oh well! :P
  • SirBenSirBen In the Hall of the Mountain KingMember Posts: 551

...Big Ben medium driver wheels do not have very good grip...

Do the wheels have rubber bands around them? The Power Functions train motor #88002 has clear rubber bands on its wheels. The Emerald Night #10194 and the Toy Story train #7597 likewise use either red or black rubber bands on the wheel to provide friction between the wheel and the track. Looking at the Big Ben Bricks website, it doesn't look like their wheels come with rubber bands.

• BastaBasta Australia Member Posts: 1,259
    edited January 2014
    Son is on the floor playing Lego airport while I sit on the lounge watching the cricket and it's a lovely 41 degrees celsius outside and not much less inside.

...anyone know what temperature ABS melts at :p
  • BRCBRC Member Posts: 125
    edited January 2014
    Same here @Basta, watching the Aussies play and waiting for the temp to get below 40. We got the entire new City series vehicles and started putting them together. #60053 - #60071
  • BastaBasta Australia Member Posts: 1,259
    edited January 2014
    @BRC awesome finish to the game, almost feel sorry for the poms :p

My wife brought home the new creator cat #32021 set, looks great.
    SirBen said:

Do the wheels have rubber bands around them? The Power Functions train motor #88002 has clear rubber bands on its wheels. The Emerald Night #10194 and the Toy Story train #7597 likewise use either red or black rubber bands on the wheel to provide friction between the wheel and the track. Looking at the Big Ben Bricks website, it doesn't look like their wheels come with rubber bands.

Yes I'm going to try to find some small, flat, black rubber bands to fit around the wheels.
  • CupIsHalfEmptyCupIsHalfEmpty CanadaMember Posts: 547
    Basta said:

Son is on the floor playing Lego airport while I sit on the lounge watching the cricket and it's a lovely 41 degrees celsius outside and not much less inside.

...anyone know what temperature ABS melts at :p

Woke up to -24 degrees C this AM. Which felt quite nice compared to the -36 we were at only two weeks ago. These do make perfect days for building inside though... So if you are having issues with melting ABS, you can send them my way. :D
    rancorbait
  • Lego91Lego91 GermanyMember Posts: 86
    Waiting for my LEGO orders to arrive. I had my birthday this week and a online store gave me 10% off on one of my orders. So I finally bought my two missing Lone Ranger sets. (One of them at 40% off, the other one around 30%). The third Lone Ranger set is also on its way to me after Amazon lost the first parcel, within 20 minutes after my mail they shipped another one for me. Perfect service there. Never thought that I would buy these sets, but the carriage looks so nice and I thought that a little bit of decoration in the background would be nice. Also the week was horrible, so I made a "Frustkauf" like we say in German, retail therapy. (It does work!)
  • AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    The #21019 finally arrived today!
    margot
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,833
    Cashed in some VIP points and panic-bought the Grand Emporium. The expected ship date keeps drifting farther away and not closer and I do not want to miss out if it is about to disappear.
  • bricktuarybricktuary EuropeMember Posts: 470
    Fingers crossed my Rovers turn up today. Also my car needs a lot of work doing-they'll tell me how much this morning but I think that means no Simpsons House for me. (For now....)
  • alijoezacalijoezac UK, NottinghamMember Posts: 521
    Disassembling my Eldoras Golden Hall to make way for the Simpson's House
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,624
    edited January 2014
    I saw the "January-June" Lego Catalogue in the mail and yes the next one will be released in July, different to the usual: January, Spring, Summer, Autumn, Christmas, Late Christmas. I guess there wasn't much difference between the January and Spring catalogue so they merged the two together.

Also they have changed the Lego Store onthly newsletter: Now its a booklet with larger images of the promotions.
    The Rover arrived! The car unfortunately cost a fortune.
  • CntryislandboyCntryislandboy Member Posts: 28
    It's early here 0811, once wife gets up and other daughter gets ups, we going to do a little legoing. I just old off some old hobby stuff so I'vg got about $250 to spend. Target has some Galaxy Squad, Hobbit clearance, and the Walmart 45 minutes from me has some Hobbit clearance as well so should get some nice scores today.
  • Lego91Lego91 GermanyMember Posts: 86
    My Rover came today too! And my Mum is putting up some decoration right now but I lost the discussion about adding a LEGO set to it. It would have looked so great. :(

And the first of my three Lone Ranger sets arrived, my Mum is picking it up later. Other two are "due" next week.
  • rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
    edited January 2014
    I've seen a few rough pics of some of the summer sets. Some interesting stuff there! both of the trains which look great. a few hero factory images, some Arctic sets with polar bears and sled dogs. A few Super Heroes images, as well as Ninjago. And some rather interesting Chima pics, one of which appears to be a mammoth maxifig wielding a club!
  • kwkwkwkw USAMember Posts: 1,169
    I just finished ordering parts off Bricklink for x2 of the second floor of the Parisian Restaurant, I'm still not sure if I'm just gonna add the two additional floors above a single set or buy another set and lengthen the entire restaurant out and then add on another floor...hmmm...Lego building decisions are always so hard :)
    I just had to give up two of my new Chima beast packs for an emergency birthday present! What a sacrifice.
  • brickstoriesbrickstories Member Posts: 36
    Just finished building set 70126 - Chima Crocodile Legend Beast. Lovely build with some nice new pieces. Took lots of photos so planning to review it soon. 7 stickers though on such a small set, really? The printed pieces are lovely though. Must get on now as the next episode of my comic Is due tomorrow.
    That's one I gave up! I hope the kid appreciates it...
  • PaperbackwriterPaperbackwriter Member Posts: 105
    Looking at the Mars Rover and asking myself....so,you bought this because? Waiting for Amazon prime delivery of my fourth Modular series Pet Shop. Making a double wide version (so to speak) of the pet shop and hoping to have enough parts for a nice three or four story apt house.
    @Paperbackwriter -- Just pulled the trigger on the Pet Shop too, should be on its way soon. I bought at [email protected] for the VIP points & my credit card gives me bonus cash back ... so many tools to help justify and enable my addiction (hehe).

Yesterday went through a bunch of bulk parts I'd ordered -- they are all sorted, now need to clean and add to my general loose parts collection (which I've resorted three times in the last week as I recently got new storage containers) -- also went to a LEGO store and bought #31025 and nearly a dozen of the 50% off Friends foil bag kits, most of which I parted out and a few I've held in reserve ... been a busy weekend for me and LEGO!
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,484
    Finally got the LUG Notts Web page running. :)

http://lugnottinghamshireuk.wix.com/lug-notts

Time for a coffee and then Hobbit Lake Town.... :) :) :)
    Jennilegomatt
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    Nice one @Venunder
    Only one more year till officially an AFOL today! if this year goes by as fast as last year it won't be long :-)
    LegoboyCapnRex101carlqMatthewmargotJenniEKSamCupIsHalfEmptylegonut80
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,702
    Happy Birthday. :o) What d'ya get?
    @Legoboy Thanks!

Nothing yet, usually my parents only get something on my birthday, but today we have what you might call "an unexpected gathering" :o) so they probably won't have time to get anything till tomorrow.
    @Legoboy Now you know, i'm only 17, so forgive me when i ask "Which episode?" ;o)
    JenniStormKitty
    ^@rancorbait.. what?
    I actually questioned that myself. Was going through SW trying to find a connection. I'm wondering if he was performing a little underage drinking. ;-)
    Episode relating to 17?
    @margot http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/comment/244806/#Comment_244806

For some reason I thought @Legoboy had made that comment, but looking back now it was @Madforlego. Ok, well now you both know! ;o)
    Legoboy
    Maybe @legonut80 had her baby today.
    Legoboy said:

I actually questioned that myself. Was going through SW trying to find a connection. I'm wondering if he was performing a little underage drinking. ;-)

yeah! course im driIking . Inderage

;oP
  • legonut80legonut80 UKMember Posts: 314
    @margot no baby yet :( this one's playing games now. Hoping for today though.
    margot