Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,702
    ^ Am keeping a mental note of its members. :)
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,065
    Just ordered winter village market on the mobile device. Looking forward to that and perhaps the lego employee minifigure.
  • Wil348Wil348 Member Posts: 240
    edited September 2013
    Very simple purchase for me; The City Stunt Plane. I never make any big [email protected] purchases, but this was really just to find out what's going on with the LEGO Store Employee minifigure.
  • CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,055
    Just finished building my very first modular. It was a Green Grocer I bricklinked a few months ago. Holy smokes... I have a new appreciation for numbered bags now. That was a ton of work!!! My 37 year old body just doesn't tolerate marathon builds in the floor the way it used to. The end result makes it worth it though and I think it will always be special since I had to source it brick by brick. It looks spectacular and I kept it as true to the original as possible. The only substitution I made was to the sand green 1x8's. I used (2) 1x4s instead. Only a pro would know.
  • LegoMom1LegoMom1 Member Posts: 652
    edited September 2013

My status today is everyone in this house is getting LEGO at the moment apart from me! But I'm not bitter or jealous, well not much anyway, lol.

Don't forget to remind them of this come Mother's Day!!! ;)

• SquareSideSquareSide Member Posts: 170
    edited September 2013
    Checked out a new independent lego store last week. He had some old sets but I wasn't able to get there at grand opening. Talked with him for almost and hour while browsing and he sold most of his old sw and caste sets. Dx Got a built Darth Vader's Tie Fighter for cheap from him tho, already took it apart and will build later, manual came with it as well. Also got a CW Mace Windu(not gonna buy the sets he comes with xD) & Buzz Lightyear minifig. Also bought a little chrome sword which looks great with my series 9 Knight. Might buy more of those.

Might go shopping later today for Series 11 Scarecrow (he's really the only one I want).
  • LegobutterflyLegobutterfly Member Posts: 488
    LegoMom1 said:

My status today is everyone in this house is getting LEGO at the moment apart from me! But I'm not bitter or jealous, well not much anyway, lol.

Don't forget to remind them of this come Mother's Day!!! ;)

I will, and of course there is my birthday in January for them to spoil me as well, hehe
    Lego status today is I am sat up in bed full of flu trying to sort pieces back into kits whilst trying to keep my eyes open.

Hoping the LEGO and lemsip help me feel better
    carlq
  • carlqcarlq Ruislip Manor, MiddlesexMember Posts: 792
    Sorry to hear you're feeling poorly, Beth! Hope you perk up in the next week - you and your hair have a date with us at STEAM! :-)
    Legobutterfly
    @Legobutterfly- I know you Brits are big on your tea, but try hot lemon water with honey. Make it like lemonade, strong, but use honey instead of sugar. It really soothes and also helps break up all the junk in your lungs and sinuses.

Now on to you @carlq- What's up with Beth's hair?

To get back on topic- Lego status- catching up on threads I've not had time to read. ;)
    Legobutterfly
    @LegoMom1 - take a glance at the STEAM thread to understand the secret of Beth's hair....it is beyond me to describe here. ;-)
    LegoMom1
    carlq said:

Sorry to hear you're feeling poorly, Beth! Hope you perk up in the next week - you and your hair have a date with us at STEAM! :-)

And Beth, your husband's Christmas present depends on you attending Steam - be there! ;o)
    @Legoboy No pressure then, eh?!

@Legomom1 Thanks Kathy, I am drinking hot ribena (black currant juice) and am popping health supplements like they are smarties but this bug is horrible :( What happened to kids bringing home paintings from school instead of germ warfare?!

@carlq I will do my damnedest to be well enough for STEAM :)
    And funnily enough my hair actually surpassed itself earlier! Following a shower and before I attacked it with GHDs and a weed wacker it was large enough to pass for the hair of 4 people.
    carlq
    @carlq- I throughly enjoyed reading the posts about the driving, the waiting, the loyalty to the hairdresser, etc., etc. You seem like a fun and close knit bunch on that side of the pond.

@Legobutterfly- Sounds like you have the same type of situation that my teenage son has with his hair. He has tight ringlets that tend to get frizzy and he has to use 2 or 3 products to manage it when it gets longer than an inch or so and it takes him at least 5 or 10 minutes every morning to get it the way he wants. It's worth the work though, as last year he donated 10 or so inches to "Locks of Love." Now he's growing it out again to donate a second time. I couldn't be more proud of him.
    carlq
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,272
    @LegoMom1 - I suppose one of the main advantages of having a centralised LUG for the entire country (Brickish) is that everybody knows one another :o)
    @LegoMom1 - glad you liked the Swindon Saga! ;-)

@CapnRex101 - I don't know anybody yet (in the Real World(tm), that is), but I hope to rectify this deficiency in a week's time...and to spend a few minutes talking Brickish with LiT, too! :-)
    Did some lego shopping today. Went to an independent store and picked up an Indiana Jones Magnet Minifig set with Jones, Marion and his Dad. Was expecting them to be glued but to my surprise they weren't! Pretty ecstatic about that. Only spent $15 on it and was sealed of course.

Then went to TRU to laugh at the buy 1 get 1 50%. I really couldn't find much of a deal. I could of saved maybe $7. Tempted on Castle Gatehouse Raid and TMNT Shedder Bike(didn't check if deal actually worked with those). But Walmart will have those at $5 off eventually. Did pick up a Kraang Poly and found the Series 11 Chemist for my gf which did give me 50% off.
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,624
  • GoldchainsGoldchains Member Posts: 795
    Celebrated my birthday on the 27th. Received a couple of sets: Jabba's Sail Barge and Duel on Geonosis. I am a very happy man :-)
    GothamConstructionCo
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,624
    I received my replacement stickers and I got someone else's order as well. I contacted Lego and they said I can keep them free of charge :D
    rancorbait
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    Watching Sunday morning NFL Football, cracking the seals on a Bud and a #41999. God bless the good 'ol USA!
    samiam391BumblepantsGothamConstructionCoCapnRex101rancorbaitHarryPotterLoverGoldchainsPenkid11Johnnyfinlandia
    What the hell are you doing? I am blind!! I cannot see! Cover it up!!

The sweat lost in by some finding it for you....I CAN NOT believe you have opened it. Shame on you!
    ^I thought that's what you guys would want? For it to be played with as intended?
    GothamConstructionCoLegoboyrancorbaitcarlqLegoMom1SquareSideJohnnyfinlandia
    Of course it is. :) Just hadn't appreciated that day would come so soon. Almost choked when I saw it.
    It's part of my birthday celebration week and the perfect choice since it's actually my first technic build ever (since I pushed the helicopter back into the build pile). Very excited and still grateful for you & @sidersdd helping to get it for me. Thanks again for the save!
  • rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
    @BrickDancer - Birthday celebration week eh? Well happy birthday! Don't drink to much though, drinking and building is a bad combination ;-) I still have to wait over a year (legally ;-P) to crack open a cold one ;-) Anyway, have fun building.

LegoboyBrickDancer
    Happy birthday mate. Good choice. :)
    BrickDancer
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,834
    ^Congrats! But hey, get on outta here, you got better things to be doing right now!
  • AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    @fitzyfitz Congratulations! Wishing you the best!

Placed [email protected] order for my own birthday gift(s) seeing as hubby doesn't do computers. BD isn't until 29th but ordered now so the pkg will be here early.
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,065
    Placed an order with [email protected] for the thanksgiving feast and the halloween accessory pack; see if I get one of those LEGO employee minifigures!
    Is gutted to be missing STEAM due to illness :(
    I'm so sorry you're not better yet, Beth, and have to miss out. I promise to forward lots of photos of the exhibits to you, if that won't depress you too much. :-(
    ^ Oh that would be lovely Carl, yes please? Thank you so much
    carlq
  • ajien77ajien77 Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2013
    i just now finishing jaaba palace the hut and start to build lone ranger set after this
    edited October 2013
    Found S11 Scarecrow!!!, Yeti & an extra Tiki Warrior for my gf today at TRU and they actually had kind of a deal on a set. Picked up TMNT Baxter Robot Rampage #79105 for $34.99 with free Kraang poly (even though I bought that poly last week). Not much but considering it's an exclusive and a set I thought was pretty cool I bit. Then Kmart had SW Dual on Geonosis #75017 for $33.99. Wasn't marked on shelf so I had to scan it randomly. Bit on that as well.
  • Canuck26Canuck26 Member Posts: 55
    Anxiously awaiting the grand opening of our first ever LEGO store in Utah. Eleven hours until the doors opening. Hoping to be one of the first 300 customers so I can get my LEGO store.
    SquareSide
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,366
    First local LUG display was a success! Had many excellent MOCs to show and many happy kids coming through to play with bricks.
    edited October 2013
    Having a big tidy up in the study. Going through stuff that's been boxed since we last moved home in an attempt to begin living like civilised human beings. Look what my wife just stumbled upon.

What a nice surprise. Better update the spreadsheet. :o)
    AdzbadboySquareSideLadyLovesLegos
  • legogallegogal USMember Posts: 755
    Still recovering from 35 hour journey to Legoland Malaysia and the 35 hour journey back home. Eyes are still a bit crossed, but now can focus.

A great two weeks in Kuala Lumpur and Singapore with a final day at Legoland. Really enjoyed Miniland full of Asian scenes.

Photos at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/10130461804/lightbox/
    Is very excited to have a new cabinet in which to display LEGO, it's so purdy so yayness for that!

Was not so happy at having to wring my smyths order out over the bath this morning after it was dropped outside my door though.

The exciting rollercoaster life of a LEGO lover with the yayness highs and boo hoo lows, gotta love it!
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,909
    edited October 2013
    For those of you that sent in their minifigs to DK Books for the photo shoot, did you also receive an email this morning about the "smallest LEGO book ever"? They did mention that some are going to be sent my way as a token of appreciation, which is awesome!

More info here: http://t.co/o1PNxEXIAs
    GuroooJennisidersddGothamConstructionCo
    I have just signed for 2 of my Christmas presents from my husband which I know to be LEGO just not which sets, now to open and reseal the box before he returns home or leave the box well alone and let the suspense get to me?!

Decisions, decisions......

Best leave well alone me thinks, but the suspense is terrible!
    Jenni
    ^ @Legobutterfly- You have had enough stress the past few months, and everyone knows that stress is very bad for one's health. You should not stress yourself further with all the suspense of not knowing. Also, what if you see a set on sale and buy it and it turns out it is the same as the set your hubby got for you? That would make him feel bad now, wouldn't it? Logic demands you open the box. Reseal carefully or just say it arrived that way. That damn parcel service!

Or, you could just show him this post and blame it on outside pressure. ;)
    carlq
  • Big_Blue_WinkyBig_Blue_Winky Member Posts: 181
    After a busy few weeks with work and multiple trips to Belfast for various reasonsI finally had some time to myself and managed to dig out the bits for my old train station #4513 Grand Central station, only 3 bits missing and will hunt them down tonight hopefully.
    ^^ @LegoMom1 I tried and I tried, but he was having none of it!

I guess I will just have to not buy any LEGO for myself until after Christmas now *lip wobbles and tears trickle*

Nah, in all honesty my buying right now is all about him and our boys for Christmas anyway although I did sneak a MF keyring into my last [email protected] order for myself. But don't tell anyone ;-)
  • khmellymelkhmellymel United KingdomMember Posts: 1,232
    ^ Don't feel bad, I do it all the time in our Tesco grocery deliveries :D
    ^ Thanks, it's nice to know I am not alone :)
    @Legobutterfly said: I guess I will just have to not buy any LEGO for myself until after Christmas now *lip wobbles and tears trickle*

Good luck with that. I wish I could provide some stiff upper lip type support here, but since joining this forum my Lego buying has gone from an average of 1 or 2 sets per year to 5 sets in the past 5 months, with 2 more purchases planned over the next 2 months. And I'm a light weight compared to most others here!
  • BrikingBriking Dorset, UKMember Posts: 748
    I've started thinking of a Xmas display. Before coming out of my dark ages I bought all the WV sets for my CFOL (I should have known it was an addictioon sign!). In the last 12 months I've been buying/trading for myself and now only need #10199 Toy Shop to be up to date (not counting the Winter Market, as I can't get the freebie yet).

In the lounge we have an IKEA desk that is 150x71 cm which would make a perfect base. I'm thinking of a nice train track circling the village, maybe with a tunnel at one end with a ski resort on top...

So I'd need a railway station, a train, a chalet and a ski lift... and less than 2 months to the start of December. I thought of #10194 Emerald Night, but a main line train doesn't really fit this branch line. I'm sat looking at my #79111 and wondering if I can widen and shorten it to look like a tank engine. If so, the EN coach would look just perfect.