Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,317
    ^ wow what was the cost of that?
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,912
    edited March 2012
    Halfway done with my FB. I've got to say, the building techniques used in this building are really cool.
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    awaiting the final BL shipment of my parted-out Cafe Corner. Hoping to build this weekend...
  • stagusstagus Member Posts: 256
    is heading home from work later then nipping to a friends house to present their sons with Fire Temple.....they have hit on tough times so as they were going so cheap my wife and I thought it would be a nice treat.
  • princedravenprincedraven Essex, UKMember Posts: 3,768
    ^ nice!
    My Lego status today is: Stressed!!
    Silly as its only Lego, but spent about 2-3hours trying to work something for a MoC last night and ended up achieving absolutely nothing, now my brain is trying to work it out on its own, so I can't concentrate at work...
    This MoC'ing biz is hard work when you are new to it and have no-one to bounce idea's off or learn techniques from. :(
  • Si_UKNZSi_UKNZ NZMember Posts: 4,179
    ^ Bounce ideas with us then :)

Interesting day today as it's the day the 10% off voucher runs out. Do I buy a death star or don't I? Might buy one and sell the minifigs, and end up with lots of cheap parts.
  • SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member Posts: 4,030
    Around half way on 10179 and loving it despite it taking me forever!
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,766
    edited March 2012
    ^ You're a lucky sod!!. Make sure you take pictures as you progress.
    ^ I've discovered the purchase price at last and I was very surprised ;-)
    ^^^ Only another week to go then :)
    Probably a fortnight :-P
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    Another member posted that you can use 2 MF 7965 sets together to have most of 10179. Is this true guys?
    ^ Brickdancer, just some simple maths shows that 2x 1238 pieces (7965) only equals 2476 pieces. 10179 is 5195 pieces.
    So even if every single piece of 1238 was needed twice in 10179 (clearly not!!!), you are still 2719 pieces short.
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    ^I missed the obvious piece count, thanks princedraven. I should have fact checked before moving on an unfounded tip like that. Now I'll have 2 MF's coming for the wrong reason =(
    @dougts: I too am waiting for some Bricklink orders to build a Cafe Corner. Cheaper than buying one used.
    On my way back from london with a 10% voucher still in my pocket and no death star. It would have broken 2 of my new years resolutions (no star wars, and buy less from TLG) and discipline rules this time.
  • MinifigsMeMinifigsMe Member Posts: 2,844
    Well done Si!

Given up on the kettle balls (for a gym fanatic friend) and making a beaver scout minifig for my nephew instead. Think it's my favorite custom yet. V cute!
    edited March 2012
    ^^ Props to you for holding back and keeping your new years resolutions alive.
    Just finished building the FB. I am now hungry for more modular buildings. Next up is the GE.
  • BrickSpyBrickSpy Member Posts: 24
    I'm currently building my GE! But finding it more difficult after I deconstructed it (harder to find the pieces of course)
  • richoricho Member Posts: 3,830
    edited March 2012
    @ kevbags,

Please post some pics of 10179 progress! Very jealous also, especially as I have had to make do with 7965.

This reminds me, must start the Death Star soon.

rich
  • llanowarsoldierllanowarsoldier Ohio USAMember Posts: 357
    My status for today: Stumped.

Also currently making my 1st MoD Modular building and have the 1st floor done but wondering if it looks any good. Plus not sure what to make it into.
    ^show us pics and we'll wade in with our opinions ;)
  • legonut80legonut80 UKMember Posts: 314
    My little boy has started to walk with the help of a Duplo sheep :) He takes it everywhere with him.
  • U2A2U2A2 Member Posts: 13
    llanowarsoldier, show us, we are after all, our own worst critics! Just build our GE and then had to build the FB again to connect them. Next purchase is the Pet Shop then the Town Hall.
    BTW, has anyone purchased the custom modulars on eBay? Was wondering if they are worth it....
  • jadedancjadedanc USAMember Posts: 1,303
    My Lego status today is: Going through withdrawal!!! Don't have any new sets to build....Ugh!! Lol
  • JenniJenni JapanMember Posts: 1,390
    @u2a2 do you mean the sets or the instructions? There's a thread about the instructions that's fairly recent.
    Thanks, I found the thread a few hours later. There are sooo many threads here. I can't find some of the ones I've written in.... :) Oh well, just means I need to be here more!!
  • JenniJenni JapanMember Posts: 1,390
    @u2a2 If you've posted to a thread you should be able to find your comment in your profile's comments page and get to the thread that way.
    ^^ type 'custom modular' into the search, 5 seconds later .. http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/comment/58705#Comment_58705

I know the search didnt work before but it does now.
    Todays Lego status ... 2/3 of the way through Town Hall, it's the first modular I'm not that excited about, possibly because I really want to be building a giant Maersk ship instead, might switch. Also playing with Duplo a lot, my son just 'got' it, so I can enjoy lego with him too.
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,506
    ^ Finished my TH today. I thought it was a good set to build. Then watch as my 2 youngest drop minifigures down the elevator shaft and shoot them back out the roof like a geyser.
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,766
    ^ lol.
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,524
    ^ LoL

Yesterday: Fell off the wagon.

Status today: Swimming in lego. :)

Status tomorrow. Can't fit, any, more, lego, in my store room. :(
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,734
    Looking at my phone and fuel bill, then shouting at innocent bystanders, then throwing stuff, then buying more LEGO anyway :o)
    Trying to clear all the Lego off of the Dining Room table so we can have a Mothers day cooked dinner. Can't honestly see why we can't eat it off our laps on the sofa!
    About to start my custom Cafe Corner...
    Just ordered £50 of female heads and hair from replacements parts! eek! There's gonna be a lot of little roller girls roaming my house soon :)

PS they said some more options are being released at the start of April. Perhaps some blonde hair finally! Also the friends parts can't be ordered as they're 'licensed' :-(
    ^ Nice one!

Gave tower bridge to the boy next door to build, and his jaw nearly hit the floor!
    when I said I was lending him a set, I dont think he expected one THAT big :)
    ^ that is awesome! I've got a neighbor kid who absolutely loves LEGO, (mostly SW), and I have done the same in the past. Talk about seeing someone's face light up.
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    I had a friend's kid build a Grand Emporium for me for a display I was doing in a recent show. Outsourcing the build brought joy to them, and saved me time so that I could focus on custom items in the display.
  • TwoRiderTwoRider Member Posts: 27
    Wishing I could buy another LEGO set. I haven't bought one in 6 years. My parents put their foot down and said no more LEGO in the house. Last set I bought was the minifigure ISD.
    Wishing I could buy another LEGO set. I haven't bought one in 6 years. My parents put their foot down and said no more LEGO in the house. Last set I bought was the minifigure ISD.
    Wow, that is very unfortunate. You could probably sneak a few collectible minifigures in the house. Just kidding. Don't do that. Well at least you are being a good boy by following their parents rules.
    I'm a girl and in my early 20's now, but I still live at home. It does stink that I can't buy any more LEGO while I remain under their roof, but I can't argue with them.
    I've really wanted to buy the Death Star, but even if I could save up the money, it wouldn't be allowed in the house.
    I'm a girl and in my early 20's now, but I still live at home. It does stink that I can't buy any more LEGO while I remain under their roof, but I can't argue with them.
    I've really wanted to buy the Death Star, but even if I could save up the money, it wouldn't be allowed in the house.
    Oh, I'm VERY sorry I assumed you were a guy. I feel bad now and embarrassed. I guess that is what happens when the LEGO community is (somewhat) dominated by guys. But there are female fans too. Again, I apologize for my assumption.
    It's all right. I understand how easy it is for people to make assumptions, but - no hard feelings.
    you can borrow my tower bridge once the boy next door's finished with it if u like :)
    Itching to build the Green Grocer that just came in the mail, but I have to make dinner soon.
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,557
    ^^ Si, can I join the Tower Bridge build waitlist? Kevbags has said I can build his UCS falcon at some point, and I'm sure when @flump6523 has moved house he'll let me rebuild has Cafe Corner for him. Between everyone on here, I'll get to build my wishlist without spending a bean :-)