Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• The_Brick_BuilderThe_Brick_Builder Member Posts: 658
    ^Woah. That must of cost a ton!
  • littletokilittletoki Member Posts: 517
    ^ Ack. Don't make me do the math!
  • brickstoriesbrickstories Member Posts: 36
    My status today - "Frustrated after toy run yesterday to try and find 2111 Kai"
  • Silber334Silber334 Member Posts: 147
    Currently putting together the new Ambulance and Garbage Truck I bought through Amazon Japan. And pissed about the extortionate prices they charge for the Town Hall they sell here at 29800 yen.
  • Brewer51Brewer51 Member Posts: 248
    Admiring my CMF Soccer Player, wishing Lego would release more football themed sets.
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,557
    @brewer51, glad you like him :-)
    You should talk to @savage_steel, she makes custom footballer minifigs. I've got a couple of Nottingham Forest ones she did and they're awesome - better than the real thing ;-)
    @LostInTranslation

I love him!

I'll be sure to do that. But one thing...a Forest fan from High Wycombe?!
    Need to buy a NISB 10210 Imperial Flagship! :(
  • MinifigsMeMinifigsMe Member Posts: 2,844
    Thanks @lostintranslation -how much is your commission again? ;-)
    Steep, Sav. Very steep. But you are putting me up in 3 weeks' time, so we'll call it quits, eh? ;-)
    ah go on then ;)
    Not sure if you put a link up to the figs and it's gone or what, but here they are @brewer51: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157629424396207/
    ^ Nah, I was lazy :-)
    @Savage_Steel

They are quite something! I'm very impressed. Unfortunately I'm short on funds at the moment but I've always wanted decent football Lego figs, as it combines my two passions. Would it be ok to contact you in the near future?
    edited March 2012
    yeah, of course. no rush. I plan on putting up a football form on my facebook page at some point, but at the minute it's more roller derby focused:
    http://www.facebook.com/customminifigs
  • starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,317
    Spending money parting out a Cafe Corner. My oldest son and I had about 30% of the pieces on hand.
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,912
    My beloved FB is still one state away from me. Expected delivery date of tomorrow.
  • doodlebirddoodlebird Austin. Texas. Member Posts: 88
    still waiting on a fire temple i ordered from amazon.co.uk... on feb 22. guess the waiting got to me. just ordered $100+ of bricks from 3 bricklink stores and PaB online. ($ is total... not from each) mostly dark tan plates and trees for a row sof suburban houses i've got planned. now for the time and space to build!
  • princedravenprincedraven Essex, UKMember Posts: 3,768
    Feeling serious deja vu today, I could have sworn we have seen these discussions before:
    Is this set due to go EOL?
    Is Death Star a good investment?
    I want a Cafe Corner, TLG should re-release it for me :(
    Power Boat Transporter £10 - again :)
    Please dont kill off Harry Potter...
  • Si_UKNZSi_UKNZ NZMember Posts: 4,179
    ^ hahaha - very true!
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    I've got a couple of Nottingham Forest ones she did and they're awesome - better than the real thing ;-)
    Would be hard not to be better than the real thing the way Forest are playing this season! ;)

Yay! UPS just dropped off my FB. Now all I got to do is drive all the way across the border to pick it up and pay customs/duties.
    edited March 2012
    My package from USPS is currently 3 days late!
    edited March 2012
    ^^^ Oi, only I'm allowed to mock them, rubbish as they may be are!

Excellent news from my brother today: my eldest nephew has gone mad-keen for Star Wars again, so when I visit at the weekend undoubtedly we will play with SW Lego and watch (at least) one of the films :)
  • JenniJenni JapanMember Posts: 1,390
    ^ awesome.

I'm rejoicing in possession of my first LEGO catalog, complete with discount coupon because I'll have a local store before it expires :).
    Today's status. "Trying to decide whether to go to Lego Show in May (for the first time) and looking forward to releasing the explosive episode of my brickstory at http://farmerwilf.tumblr.com tonight"
  • legonut80legonut80 UKMember Posts: 314
    I really must hide new sets better, my 3 year old asks can we build that cafe and the boat that's in your room Mummy? You can help me.... she says nodding her head.
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    Lego Rockefeller Center has the most beautiful displays, especially the large Rockefeller Center MOC. It turned a boring business trip into a memorable experience. Thanks ILUGNY for showing off such great work.
    @Brickdancer - I totally agree, was there in October. Wish I'd bought something but I still hadn't come out of my dark age then........
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    Problem for Lego Rockefeller is 10% markup over RRP across the board on sets. PAB was regular price so I got 1 cup and 3 Statue of Liberty polybags. Still good experience just to see the MOC sets and large Atlas Minifig sculpture.
  • richoricho Member Posts: 3,830
    edited March 2012
    whilst cooking tea in the next room, I came through to find my daughter had created a classroom with Olivia and her blackboard leading the class about robots. Had to laugh at the 'children', which consisted of Harry Potter, a Geonosian Warrior, one of the shopping ladies from The Grand Emporium, Luna Lovegood and Cleopatra. A few of them were allowed upstairs just now for 'film club', which is tv in bed before sleep.
  • mr_bennmr_benn United KingdomMember Posts: 859
    New baby daughter, born yesterday and home today, is approximately 60 studs long :)
  • SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member Posts: 4,030
    ^ Congratulations!
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,766
    edited March 2012
    Fantastic news. No good Lego sets to build 9 months ago then!? :-)

Edit:- ...and no more for a while! :-D
    Congratulations @mr_benn! :-)
    I think my little bean is about 12 studs long at the moment, and we just found out it's gonna be a boy! Many more years of Lego to come :-)
    ^ Congrats for Lucas - lots more SW sales!! :-)
    edited March 2012
    ^^ Hey cool, you don't have to buy those hideous Duplo Disney princesses!

^ Girls can like SW too you know!

Congratulations @Mr_benn (and @mrs_benn) ! Another BFOL is born. Does she have a name yet?
    Congratulations @mr_benn! She is lucky to have a dad that loves LEGO.
  • Si_UKNZSi_UKNZ NZMember Posts: 4,179
    congratulations!

• rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,289
    congrats @mr_benn, and lol at "60 studs long"!
    likewise, congrats to @savage_steel. Hiatus from more rollerderby, huh?
    my wife and I are also expecting a boy in June!
    Aw, this is such a nice thread, lots of good news! Congrats @Rocao and @mrsRocao!! Mine's not due till August, but yes, it's been a long while since I had my skates on :-( having to make do with making lego skaters instead :-)

Forgot to say @richo - cute story!
    edited March 2012
    Oh, congrats to you too @rocao !
    Between all of you guys, there'll be plenty of AFOLs: The Next Generation!

Edit, oh yeah I got distracted by all the baby talk and forgot to say also how adorable @richo's daughter sounds. I hope we manage to meet up at some point.
  • richoricho Member Posts: 3,830
    congratulations!
    Congrats Rocao. Shall we start a new thread do you think??
  • legirllegirl Member Posts: 105
    @mr_benn Congratulations!
  • JenniJenni JapanMember Posts: 1,390
    Congratulations @mr_benn, @rocao and @savage_steel. I love wandering into a thread filled with good news.
    Picked up my FB today. Thank goodness it isn't the 39R1 batch but instead it is 50R1. Going to start building tonight while watching the hockey game. Good day.
    Todays lego status - "I love my wife, she just bought me a weekend pass to The Lego Show in May"
  • littletokilittletoki Member Posts: 517
    Eying my husband's new SSD in its lovely, pristine box. I wonder if he'd notice if I started building it.
  • dsdg88dsdg88 Member Posts: 133
    In the midst of thinking about what to bid on some sets on eBay, and wondering where to track down "Outpost Attack" and when to get Atlantis HQ from Amazon, and how to use my latest $5 reward at BN.com and which sets to get tomorrow at the LEGO store with the Shamrock coupon and which to get with the mall coupon... I stopped to wonder: do I really need to try to complete the themes my kids (and I) like? And by doing so what behavior am I modeling for my kids?
    Congrats to @mr_benn, @rocao and @savage_steel. For those having a first, brace yourselves for the radical changes to your view of the world and of yourself.
  • sandtherapysandtherapy Member Posts: 108
    Still sorting through almost 50 pounds of random Legos that I got from Goodwill in Arizona. So many bricks, so little time.