Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• WesterBricksWesterBricks USAMember Posts: 751
    Strictly speaking, none of those minifigures came from the original 90s sets.
    iwybsgmonkey76Onebricktoomany
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 2,248
    Strictly speaking, none of those minifigures came from the original 90s sets.
    Well duh..........

*insert Michelle Tanner meme here*

But I have a thing for collecting the CMF figs that celebrate the classic themes of the past that I collect.
    WesterBricksSwitchfoot55iwybs560Heliportgmonkey76Onebricktoomany
  • The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 2,490
    edited October 2022
    pxchris said:
    Anybody which to venture a guess at what classic 90s LEGO theme I'm planning on collecting next?
    This is a challenge to rival even some of the rarest Pirates sets (although much less of them in total so that helps). :) Though not too bad if like your Pirate collection you’re mostly just looking to rebuild the sets rather than have them sealed or in box. The ‘Western town’ sets with buildings seem to be the most desirable nowadays. I have 2 Fort Legroredos and I always wanted to combine them into one massive fort but never got round to it. I love the Comanche-inspired native sub-theme even though the consistency in iconography and minifig design were always a bit off.
    andheBrickfan50Marshallmario560Heliportpxchrisgmonkey76Onebricktoomany
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 15,197
    ^ Umm... Aquazone?
    Don't be silly.  Those are clearly Rock Raiders.
    560HeliportMarshallmariopxchrislowleadgmonkey76Onebricktoomany
  • Brickfan50Brickfan50 Zwolle, NetherlandsMember Posts: 464
    edited October 2022
    Had eye surgery (strabismus) yesterday after being on the waiting list for almost 2 years. (Corona, you know)
    Am currently recovering. It's still quite painful now but at least I can already see better, despite the bloody eye and headache.
    I took 10 days off from work and ordered the Motorized Lighthouse. It arrived the day before my surgery and I'm definitely looking forward (pun intended) to build this beautiful set the moment I can focus my operated eye!

WesterBricksSwitchfoot55The_RancorgratefulnatCymbelinelowleadRedbullgivesuwindOnebricktoomanyKungFuKenny
  • ModeltrainmanModeltrainman Reading my Bible, sorting and buildingMember Posts: 1,135
    Had eye surgery (strabismus) yesterday after being on the waiting list for almost 2 years. (Corona, you know)
    Am currently recovering. It's still quite painful now but at least I can already see better, despite the bloody eye and headache.
    I took 10 days off from work and ordered the Motorized Lighthouse. It arrived the day before my surgery and I'm definitely looking forward (pun intended) to build this beautiful set the moment I can focus my operated eye!

Praying! My LEGO status? Wondering if I should bite the bullet and buy LEGO Brawls to not miss the current event...$40 for a game when I` don't play them often is a lot, though.

Brickfan50
    @gratefulnat Nice collection! What is the big white castle?
    gratefulnat
  • FollowsCloselyFollowsClosely Haymarket, VAMember Posts: 1,268
    @gratefulnat Can we get a close up of the white castle? Is that Neuschwanstein?
    gratefulnat
  • gratefulnatgratefulnat SwitzerlandMember Posts: 421
    FollowsClosely said:
    @gratefulnat Can we get a close up of the white castle? Is that Neuschwanstein?
    Yes, the castle is Neuschwannstein.
    I posted some pictures over in https://forum.brickset.com/discussion/comment/689793#Comment_689793 as the set is not LEGO.
    Switchfoot55Brickfan50OnebricktoomanyFizyx
  • PapaBearPapaBear East CoastMember Posts: 611
    edited October 2022
    I finally started building the UCS MF again after starting it way back in 2019.  I had to stop again because I couldn't find the 4 plates I need that came in two of the unnumbered bags.  Started working on #42043 instead and they've both been fun builds.  I was going to stop after bags 2, but I might move on to bags 3.  I've decided to use PDF instructions on one of my monitors from here on out as it makes things so much easier.
    OnebricktoomanyWesterBricks
  • OnebricktoomanyOnebricktoomany United StatesMember Posts: 410
    @Brickfan50 wish you all the best and a speedy recovery!
    The Lighthouse is a beautiful set - may you enjoy it fully, hope you can build it soon.

I think the light is great when on!

“Lighthouse! Dead Astern!!”
    560HeliportWesterBricks
    "Dead Astern - A position directly aft or behind the vessel."
    Nice find @Onebricktoomany for seeing the position of the Lighthouse behind the Titanic!
    Onebricktoomany560Heliport
  • gratefulnatgratefulnat SwitzerlandMember Posts: 421
    Lifeboats at the ready

Onebricktoomany560HeliportWesterBricksBrickfan50CymbelinePJ76ukJern92
  • WesterBricksWesterBricks USAMember Posts: 751
    I’m trying to get some work done today but the Empire keeps looking over my shoulder.

560HeliportgratefulnatBrickfan50LobotPJ76ukOnebricktoomanygmonkey76
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 3,573
    ^ You should make a deal to keep the Empire out of there forever.

Eh, never mind, the deal will just keep getting worse.
    :)
    CymbelineSwitchfoot55gratefulnatBumblepantspxchrisYo_dAlowleadLobotgmonkey76
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 15,197
    I pray they will not alter it further.
    560HeliportYo_dAlowleadLobotgmonkey76
  • KingAlanIKingAlanI Rochester, NYMember Posts: 2,326
    interesting off brand find Monday evening - Hot Wheels
    Bricking Speed, 2022 Experimotors 9/10, has studs for customizing the location of the spoiler and intake. the studs do hold regular bricks as well
  • The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 2,490
    ^ You should make a deal to keep the Empire out of there forever.

*Runs away with precious ice cream*
    560HeliportSumoLego
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 3,456
    @Brickfan50 - look after yourself - don't try too hard! Glad you're recovering though. Hope it all goes well.
    Just placed a handful of Bricklink orders to complete three Western sets that I pulled out of a $35 bulk lot I got off of OfferUp last summer. The bulk lot had the instructions to the sets and the majority of the pieces, but unfortunately a few relatively expensive items were missing. In the end my total cost will still be under what it would have cost me to get the three sets on eBay or Bricklink, but it won't end up being quite the awesome steel that I was originally thinking.

But, once those are complete, that will put me at 4/16 towards completing the theme. It's a great start!
    WesterBricks560HeliportThe_RancorCymbeline
    So awesome @The_Rancor!

It really is such a great set. Absolutely tons of opportunity for fun play, setting up battles or just conducting the business of the empire. This ended up being one of the very last sets for the Pirate theme that I collected and it's a shame it took me so long to be able to get it and appreciate it for what it is. While a long time die-hard Bluecoats apologist, I have to admit that this set really stands up there alongside Eldorado Fortress for imperial bases.
    Another thing I really appreciate is that other than the flags and colors on the soldiers, you really can mix and match any of the Imperial sets together and they all look like they belong! The consistency of color and design philosophy is wonderful.

Congratulations on your wonderful acquisition and I hope you truly enjoy it!
    iwybsThe_Rancor560HeliportMarshallmario
  • lowleadlowlead Downeast, USAMember Posts: 675
    Awaiting a reply from @Huw ...let's not abandon ship yet...
    pxchrisMarshallmarioMaffyDvizzitorCymbelineLobotiwybsOnebricktoomanyJudgeChuck
    Discord does seem to be the go-to place nowadays. I think if it came down to it, I would prefer that over options like Facebook.
    I'm on a total of 6 LEGO-related servers currently, 1 for my LUG, 2 for conventions, and three others. With the proper setup and moderation they can potentially serve as an OK replacement for a traditional webpage based forum.

That said, I too am certainly not advocating for abandoning ship!
    MarshallmarioCymbelineBumblepantsOnebricktoomanyKeilupJudgeChuck
  • MarshallmarioMarshallmario Madison WIMember Posts: 328
       Sorry but I don't even know what a discord server is. The news is awful! I really like the people here. I would be willing to pay a subscription fee but have no idea if that is a viable solution.
    pxchris560HeliportCymbelineOnebricktoomany
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 Yellowstone, 1883Member Posts: 3,173
    I know when this conversation came up last year there was a lot of support of alternative means of hosting the site at cheaper costs, people willing to pay a subscription fee, raffles, and a ton of other ideas. I feel confident that, give some brain power and will, we could find a reasonable solution. 

Curious if we were to move to a Discord server if Huw would still be willing to direct people to it from the main site? My fear with Discord would be little new traffic coming in unless advertised elsewhere. 

For those who are unfamiliar with Discord, it's just another location where a group of individuals can host chats. It allows for various channels, forum roles, moderators, etc.... I use Discord on a daily basis, so it's something I would lean pretty heavily toward. 

I am thankful to Huw for hosting as long as he has and for giving us nearly a year to find some alternative solutions! Perhaps we can somehow increase forum usage enough to justify another year? :)
    OnebricktoomanyMarshallmarioFizyx
  • JukEboXJukEboX Member Posts: 7
    Day 427 of trying to acquire sets I have wanted from my childhood.
    Switchfoot55lowleadpxchrisWesterBricks
    I'm wondering if the 2023 Forum closure topic deserves its own thread.  Lots to discuss...
    Switchfoot55560HeliportvizzitorBumblepantsOnebricktoomanyYo_dAMarshallmarioFizyx
  • SilverLoveSilverLove SwedenMember Posts: 105
    edited October 2022
    So I was looking for bags for my vaccum cleaner online. The shop that have the cheapest ones, i suddently remembered they also have Lego (new customer). So after adding the bags i started scrolling the Lego cathegory - despite not having any excuse like ”reaching threshold for free shipping”. And i found this:

Did you know that such exist?! Its a LED-lamp, not sure if there is a front cover since there was no description. This is common to me, and makes me irritated: That i usually miss out, finding out about such items only once they are not manufactured anymore + usually out of stock. (im only knowledgable if its sold at Lego store or [email protected])
    There was one in stock now, and ive placed an order (including the bags for the vaccum 😂) and have to wait for confirmation + shipping/arrival before being sure to be the owner of this.

But thats my status for today. + Being down over the news over the future of Brickset forum. Dont use FB or other social media. Hope there will be someway to keep the forum going, eg by some kind of subscription. Im also a member in one of the biggest forums for boardgames (dont know if im allowed to spell it out). But they have that users can be supporters by paying a yearly fee. Perhaps that can be done here too?
    560HeliportYo_dALegopantsPJ76ukCymbelineandheMarshallmariolowlead
  • karritkarrit USAMember Posts: 845
    @Speedman29 sorry for your losses.  Hope the rest of the year ends much better for you & yours.
    Speedman29truck730iwybs
    My condolences @Speedman29! That's an incredibly hard double blow to be dealing with.
    Speedman29truck730iwybsMr_Cross
    @Speedman29 Yikes, you have had a rough autumn sir.  Good to see your post!  Stay in the game, and may the future bring you some cheer.
    Speedman29truck730iwybsMr_Cross
  • ModeltrainmanModeltrainman Reading my Bible, sorting and buildingMember Posts: 1,135
    My LEGO status, starting ID Layout 2.0  Starting with the WV section. Running out of 16x16 plates, as going with pseudo MILS. (@SS22 hint...Just a lot of scenery stuff...) Trying to finish the WV section first, because my pastor is doing a docudrama about the Nativity, so I figured I'd help promote it with my God given talents. 
    Lo1sJess560HeliportPJ76uklowleadSwitchfoot55
  • PJ76ukPJ76uk EnglandMember Posts: 944
    @Speedman29 my sympathies to you and all your family, I can empathise having lost both my father and brother within months of each other a couple of years ago. It's never easy but time really does help heal the wounds, never quite get over it but it does become more bearable over time and the sense of grief and loss eases so that memories make you smile rather than cry! Wishing you all a better ending to 2022 and good fortune for 2023.
    MarshallmarioSpeedman29truck730ModeltrainmaniwybsCymbelineMr_Cross
  • eMJeeNLeMJeeNL The NetherlandsMember Posts: 749
    Wow what a sad news @Speedman29 . May 2023 bring you much more positivity. All the best from across the Channel.
    Speedman29iwybsSwitchfoot55CymbelineMr_Cross