Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• PJ76ukPJ76uk EnglandMember Posts: 859
    edited October 3
    MaffyD said:
    ^ Where did you get that from!?
    Hallmark -  https://www.hallmarkcollections.co.uk

There is a few Lego ones

Switchfoot55MaffyD
  • ModeltrainmanModeltrainman Reading my Bible, sorting and buildingMember Posts: 1,044
    Wow! @pxchris, what's the gray/ silver one?
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 2,113
    @Modeltrainman it's a sand green actually... the lighting in the spot I took that photo was awful!
    It's the 3D printed drafting arm from the 2019 Inside Tour set #4000034.

We had Stuart Harris, the Master Builder from the LEGO House visiting us at BrickCon and he gave a talk on the LEGO House exclusive sets including the Inside Tour sets and he brought along these (so-far) only 3D printed (or additive manufacturing) elements which we got to check out up close. They're quite amazing pieces.
  • ModeltrainmanModeltrainman Reading my Bible, sorting and buildingMember Posts: 1,044
    I probably should have waited, but a Reddish Brown 1x10 plate snapped while I was working on Carl's house from Up.
  • WesterBricksWesterBricks USAMember Posts: 639
    I probably should have waited, but a Reddish Brown 1x10 plate snapped while I was working on Carl's house from Up.
    Those plates can get razor sharp when they break too, be careful!
    @WesterBricks, Amen to that! It's just a shame that it needs SO much Reddish Brown. Lord willing, I want to stick it on IDEAS, but I don't know that they'd ever produce it with the roof needing so much RB...I think I could be satisfied if they even just did Carl, Russell, Ellie, Kevin, Dug, but they seem unlikely for a CMF series. Kevin alone is too big for a bag. I guess we'll see, but if people don't keep trying, they'll never go beyond Toy Story, Cars, Princesses... 
    Marshallmario
    pxchris said:
    @Modeltrainman it's a sand green actually... the lighting in the spot I took that photo was awful!
    It's the 3D printed drafting arm from the 2019 Inside Tour set #4000034.

We had Stuart Harris, the Master Builder from the LEGO House visiting us at BrickCon and he gave a talk on the LEGO House exclusive sets including the Inside Tour sets and he brought along these (so-far) only 3D printed (or additive manufacturing) elements which we got to check out up close. They're quite amazing pieces.
    Super cool! Also, I could not have known that was sand green. Doesn't look it. I hope the duck, or at least a duck with those features makes it into a set. As of now it's too expensive, yet adorable.
  • lowleadlowlead Downeast, USAMember Posts: 655
    edited October 4
    MaffyD said:
    Available Oct 8th apparently!

MaffyD
    lowlead said:
    MaffyD said:
    Available Oct 8th apparently!

Already available in UK! 
    lowlead
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 3,397
    ^ The circle of life
    WesterBrickslowleadPJ76ukGibbo1959
    I’m sorting, endlessly sorting, and I can’t find the spare dividers for my parts drawers. Grr.
    560Heliportdatsunrobbie
  • GrannyLEGOGrannyLEGO FloridaMember Posts: 335
    Okay ... need help! I got #21336 The Office and built it, finishing earlier today ONLY, I have a sticker left over!!! It is a smallish probably a 1x2 tile bright yellow sticker that says Froggy101. I have been through the book three times now and cannot find where it goes! Help!
  • PDelahantyPDelahanty Petaluma, CaliforniaMember Posts: 293
    Okay ... need help! I got #21336 The Office and built it, finishing earlier today ONLY, I have a sticker left over!!! It is a smallish probably a 1x2 tile bright yellow sticker that says Froggy101. I have been through the book three times now and cannot find where it goes! Help!
    I don't have the set, but in the TV show it's near Dwight's desk.
    andhe
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,453
    Also don’t have the set but you can just see it here behind Dwight's monitor - taken from the Brickset review
    560HeliportMarshallmarioFollowsCloselygmonkey76
    The roof and dormer have been driving me nuts! Now I just have to even out the roof, do the blue trim, the fireplace, the chimney, the rest of the interior...At least both floors are now stable.  Any ideas on the roof gaps, anyone?
    The_Rancor
  • GrannyLEGOGrannyLEGO FloridaMember Posts: 335
    @PDelahanty and @Shib ... thank you so much!!! In the instruction book I found it (with this information) in the bottom corner of page 118 ... very tucked away for sure! Thank you thank you thank you
    Marshallmario
    edited October 8
    @Modeltrainman can you use a hinge to make a roof that bridges the gap?
    PJ76uk said:
    @Modeltrainman can you use a hinge to make a roof that bridges the gap?
    Trying! It's such a steep (65 degree) angle.

• FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,632
    looks similar to the roof of #10273
    Modeltrainman
    Fauch said:
    looks similar to the roof of #10273
    Thank you! I'll have to look at the instructions for it! 
  • bpk2300bpk2300 Florida Member Posts: 236
    Ugh… the final bin I was relocating in my attic after two hours of climbing around rafters decided to dive through the hole to the garage below

MarshallmarioBumblepants560HeliporteMJeeNLdatsunrobbiepxchrisFizyx
    (Vader voice) NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    bpk2300Bumblepants560HeliportThe_Rancorgratefulnatgmonkey76datsunrobbiepxchrisFizyx
  • Brickfan50Brickfan50 Zwolle, NetherlandsMember Posts: 452
    Went to the vet today with my 13 year old male cat. He's having bladder problems, losing urine. I left him at the clinic early this morning to pick him up late afternoon.

I was feeling a little sad and so I thought to ease my feeling I could buy a small LEGO set #60344.
    It was a nice little set for sure. But after I received the bill from the vet I was glad I didn't buy a more expensive set to ease my mind.
    Medicine + echo + x-ray were € 177!

Switchfoot55560HeliportThe_RancorgratefulnatRedbullgivesuwindYo_dAKungFuKenny
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 3,019
    Sorry to hear that, Brickfan50! I hope there's a speedy recovery for the Kitty. (And your wallet too!)
    Brickfan50gratefulnatMarshallmarioKungFuKenny
  • autolycusautolycus US-SEMember Posts: 1,351
    Went to the vet today with my 13 year old male cat. He's having bladder problems, losing urine. I left him at the clinic early this morning to pick him up late afternoon.

I was feeling a little sad and so I thought to ease my feeling I could buy a small LEGO set #60344.
    It was a nice little set for sure. But after I received the bill from the vet I was glad I didn't buy a more expensive set to ease my mind.
    Medicine + echo + x-ray were € 177!

Hope your little dude doesn't have anything serious wrong and heals up fast!
    Brickfan50Switchfoot55560HeliportgratefulnatMarshallmarioKungFuKenny
    ^he's doing fine now; small inflammation on his pee pee for which he got antibiotics.
    560HeliportYo_dACymbelineMaffyDMarshallmarioKungFuKenny
  • Lo1sJessLo1sJess Alexandria, VirginiaMember Posts: 310
    @Brickfan50
    glad to hear he’ll be better soon.  I had one that consistently had issues, I think due to him being neutered too soon.  We were able to adjust his diet so to have not too much of some mineral (can’t remember which one) which helped.  He lived to 20 and is missed.
    560HeliportYo_dAWesterBricksCymbelineBrickfan50
  • vizzitorvizzitor IrelandMember Posts: 461
    edited October 12
    Not sure if anyone else would be interested but there are some nice posters on the Lego site in the Halloween section. They are Lego Star Wars parody versions of some classic Halloween films: The Shining, Alien, The Thing, The Lost Boys, and The Exorcist on https://www.lego.com/en-ie/halloween.
    I'd prefer them without the big "Terrifying Tales" text but they're ads for the Disney+ programme so it's understandable.
    WesterBricksSwitchfoot55SilverLove
    edited October 12
    I found my drawer dividers. In my infinite wisdom, I had stored them in a drawer that has things in front of it.
    560HeliportSwitchfoot55lowlead
    I found my drawer dividers. In my infinite wisdom, I had stored them in a drawer that has things in front of it.

Surely your year of birth starts with 195 or 196.
    I made a note on thick cardboard paper that I put in the top drawer of my desk on which I wrote "where did I put.." and below that title I wrote down every item I found a new place for. Guess what???
    Switchfoot55560Heliport
    Surely your year of birth starts with 195 or 196.
    It starts with 198, but I like the term "elder millennial". And don't call me Shirley. :-)
    Switchfoot55560HeliportCymbelineGothamConstructionCoeMJeeNLpxchrisMarshallmario
    ^I'm glad I'm not the only elder millennial to misplace things...
    560HeliportWesterBrickseMJeeNLpxchris
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 3,366
    ^ My first thought was, " Why do you have a TV or monitor mounted on the wall already?" Then I realized it's a window. :)
    WesterBricksSwitchfoot55CymbelineOnebricktoomany
  • FollowsCloselyFollowsClosely Member Posts: 1,241
    ^^ Why are you painting the foundation? You should insulate and put up some drywall.
    WesterBricksiwybsautolycusOnebricktoomany
  • rd1899rd1899 U.S.A.Member Posts: 206
    Just spent hours taking a wire brush to the concrete walls in my basement.  I'm glad I wore eye protection and a mask because I was covered in gray dust!  I had to leave my shoes down there and immediately went to the shower and put my clothes in the laundry room.
    Do you have any more brushing/sanding/grinding to do?  If so, I would strongly recommend the use of a Shop-Vac to suck up the concrete dust as you brush/etc.  And make sure that your respirator has an "Assigned Protection Factor" (APF) of at least 10 (e.g., a genuine N95).

[PSA] For activities that could create concrete dust, either a vacuum should be used at the point where the dust is generated, or water should be used to avoid making the dust airborne.  🚨Concrete dust contains fine crystalline silica dust, which if inhaled gets trapped in the lungs. Incidental exposure to silica dust is rarely a significant health concern, but daily exposure over years*, can lead to silicosis and/or other potentially fatal lung diseases.🚨
    OSHA video:
    *Or even just weeks to months if intense enough, as with the Hawk's Nest Tunnel disaster.
    [/PSA]
    WesterBricksYo_dAMarshallmario
  • autolycusautolycus US-SEMember Posts: 1,351
    Waiting... Ordered the ISD earlier this week. Hasn't shipped yet. Going to be out of town week after next. Don't want our neighbor who will be coming over to cat-sit to have to deal with a box that big and heavy... Ugg!! Hopefully it will ship FedEx so I can maybe hold delivery.
    Switchfoot55
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 3,366
    I'm at tonight's (monthly) meeting of the Minnesota Military Figure Society- which started in the 1970s mainly as lead miniatures, but these days is mainly plastic models; tanks, planes, ships. But we're a pretty informal group, so any model is welcome. Tonight I brought my #42145 Airbus Rescue Helicopter. It's sitting on the display table, rotors spinning happily. It's proven quite popular. 
    iwybsSumoLegoSwitchfoot55WesterBricksBumblepantslowleadMarshallmario
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 15,146
    ...#42145 Airbus Rescue Helicopter...
    Wait!  LEGO makes helicopters?
    CymbelineBumblepantsiwybs560HeliportlowleaddatsunrobbieMarshallmarioKungFuKenny
    SumoLego said:
    Wait!  LEGO makes helicopters?
    RESCUE Helicopters 
    Bumblepants560HeliportSumoLegolowleadModeltrainmaneMJeeNLMarshallmarioKungFuKenny
  • lowleadlowlead Downeast, USAMember Posts: 655
    cue non-military lighthouse joke
    MaffyD
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark Near ManchesterMember Posts: 4,246
    I've been coming up with various ways of building abutments at weird angles to the main walls of the building. So far I've used three completely different techniques, all of which work well, and none of which are like anything I've ever done before.
    Cymbeline
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 15,146
    Frederickson!
    Modeltrainman
    SumoLego said:
    Frederickson!
    Yes! Now I just have to add balloons, minifigs, (Carl, Ellie, Russell,) Kevin and Dug...The roof was HARD with one hand, but God doesn't want me quitting, so I'm not!
    560HeliportRedbullgivesuwind