Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• lowleadlowlead Downeast, USAMember Posts: 338
    ^^ That's too much like a jigsaw puzzle to me! :)
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,732
    lowlead said:
    Phoenixio said:
    ...Can't imagine how incredibly tedious GLORIOUS it must be for those giant Star Wars builds of light blueish grey only...
    =oD
    Sorting and organizing is half the fun!
    Who sorts the parts from used sets before building? I just dive right in, not even knowing if everything is there!
    For real fun, try a 55L tub full of Bionicle sets all jumbled together, with no instructions or boxes. Or Ninjago sets. Just figuring out which sets are in the tub can be quite a challenge.
    Addicted2Oxygen
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,451
    edited December 2021
    Sorting through some dots parts, seem to have an odd misprinted part…

Looked at the front of the pack and it’s not really a misprint, just scruffy around the edge!
    ^^ You gonna be here all week?
    560HeliportBumblepantsCymbelineSumoLegogmonkey76
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 2,520
    Better post that on Ebay for big bucks!
    560HeliportModeltrainmanKungFuKennygmonkey76
  • Gibbo1959Gibbo1959 Northumbria UKMember Posts: 448
    Got Mrs Gibbo her own minifig as a birthday extra, mainly inspired by recent BAM selection, as she does love dungarees.

Now keeping me company on my calendar but made me realise I really need to refresh my wardrobe. Admittedly about 80% of my clothes are in shades of blue but think I need to find something with a bit more variety.
    KungFuKennySpeedman29560Heliportgmonkey76OnebricktoomanySumoLegoWesterBricksstlux
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 2,054
    Picked Little Miss Speedy up from school this afternoon, we were sat on the sofa taking about Christmas and she asked what big LEGO set I was going to treat myself to this year! Now spent the last hour with #42131sat in my basket with double VIP points pondering whether to pull the trigger or not!

Switchfoot55560HeliportAstrobricksAddicted2Oxygen
  • ModeltrainmanModeltrainman In the Disney Infinity Toybox, Windows, or digging through LEGO parts in the USA.Member Posts: 815
    My LEGO status: BLESSED! Now, I'm going to brag on God for a minute, and y'all won't want to stop me, because it's super cool, but He basically confirmed that my efforts in trying to use my LEGO building for Him is something I should keep doing. I shall now defer to another member, should they want to explain further. They know who they are. But God is SO good. Layout progress photo...
    560HeliportSwitchfoot55WesterBricksflightriskveyniactne328
    ^One of my local LEGO stores has the same display. There were only a few of them distributed around the brand stores apparently. Very fun to look at and see all the little details. 

A particular favorite detail of mine are the sling shots creating the railing along the opening below the right ear. 
    KungFuKennySpeedman29
    ^^ Dang!  Does anyone know who actually builds these things?  Are they sent to each store fully assembled in a crate, or?
    Speedman29
  • Gibbo1959Gibbo1959 Northumbria UKMember Posts: 448
    tne328 said:
    ^^ I saw that build recently on Reddit, and thought "There's a UCS Arctic Terrain Antlered Transport!"
    My first thought was it’s a Sant-At-At.
    Switchfoot55Addicted2OxygenKungFuKennyCymbeline560HeliportFizyxarathemisSpeedman29
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 14,527
    lowlead said:
    ^^ Dang!  Does anyone know who actually builds these things?  Are they sent to each store fully assembled in a crate, or?
    From what I vaguely remember, these oversized models are assembled in Kladno, Czech Republic.  Years ago, there were promotional Green and Red Dragons traveling around the Toys R Us network as a 'guess the number of bricks' promotion.
    lowleadKungFuKennypxchrisFizyx
  • Addicted2OxygenAddicted2Oxygen Somewhere behind all the boxes of LegoMember Posts: 462
    Wow that is an amazing build! So many fun little details to spot.
    Speedman29
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Somewhere between Ice Station Odyssey and FabulandMember Posts: 2,267
    edited December 2021
    SumoLego said:
    lowlead said:
    From what I vaguely remember, these oversized models are assembled in Kladno, Czech Republic.  Years ago, there were promotional Green and Red Dragons traveling around the Toys R Us network as a 'guess the number of bricks' promotion.
    I know they have model shops (where these large scale models are built) in various locations (including California and Florida to supply the Legoland parks, as well as Denmark and other spots as well).  I’m not sure if the retail store models are built at those locations or elsewhere though… I would love one of these though, as well as the shark-boy model that’s been on display at our local store…maybe you could work your network for me @SumoLego? 🙂

Edit: found a couple of news stories

https://laughingsquid.com/wired-tours-the-legoland-model-shop-in-california-that-contains-more-than-3-million-lego-bricks/

https://apnews.com/article/cbce1b6f72dd443295c4cb21f7c7a33f
    Switchfoot55lowleadpxchrisFizyxgmonkey76MarshallmarioSpeedman29Onebricktoomany
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Somewhere between Ice Station Odyssey and FabulandMember Posts: 2,267
    lowlead said:
    I wonder how many crates that giant Time’s Square X-Wing took? 🙂

lowleadpxchrisSwitchfoot55
  • autolycusautolycus US-SEMember Posts: 1,096
    lowlead said:
    I wonder how many crates that giant Time’s Square X-Wing took? 🙂

That one is featured in one of the documentaries. Can’t remember which one, unfortunately. It took multiple freight containers. Steel frame inside. Lego outside. It is several pieces, which had to be reassembled on site in Times Square.
    KungFuKennySwitchfoot55
  • WesterBricksWesterBricks USAMember Posts: 226
    I just got sniped at the last second on a Dom’s Charger set on eBay, and I’m actually relieved. It was a late night bid that I instantly regretted.
    SumoLegoFizyxgmonkey76Bumblepantsandhepxchris
    edited December 2021
    ^ We've all been there.  

- Present owner of three #4504 Millennium Falcons, and parts of a fourth -
    EGRobertsWesterBricksFizyxgmonkey76BumblepantspxchrisMarshallmariodatsunrobbie
  • lessjunkfoodlessjunkfood United StatesMember Posts: 99
    With the sale purchases of Dots #41938 (Creative Designer Box) at Wal-Mart last week and Jurassic World #76940 (T. Rex Dinosaur Fossil Exhibition) at Meijer tonight I have exactly 1,000 total sets recorded here at Brickset.

Wasn’t initially going to mention it here because you all know that’s not a particularly high total, and I’m *definitely* not mentioning it to the family because they’ll think it’s an absurdly *high* total! 
    KungFuKennyAddicted2Oxygen560HeliportWesterBrickspxchrisMarshallmario
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,747
    ^Or you could use some of us as a bad example, when the family does find out. Don't worry my family has been using me as a bad example for years. One more person doing it won't matter to me.
    Addicted2Oxygenbandit778560HeliportWesterBrickspxchrisSwitchfoot55Marshallmariolessjunkfoodlowlead
  • KapiteinkrunchKapiteinkrunch NetherlandsMember Posts: 2
    I want to build the Winnie the Pooh set, but my gf is into HP Lego's (my own fault?! ;) ) So it's time for privet drive tonight.
    560Heliport
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,438
    SumoLego said:
    lowlead said:
    I know they have model shops (where these large scale models are built) in various locations (including California and Florida to supply the Legoland parks, as well as Denmark and other spots as well).  I’m not sure if the retail store models are built at those locations or elsewhere though… I would love one of these though, as well as the shark-boy model that’s been on display at our local store…maybe you could work your network for me @SumoLego? 🙂

Edit: found a couple of news stories

https://laughingsquid.com/wired-tours-the-legoland-model-shop-in-california-that-contains-more-than-3-million-lego-bricks/

https://apnews.com/article/cbce1b6f72dd443295c4cb21f7c7a33f
    As far as I recall, the model shops at the various Legoland parks strictly build the structures you see at Legoland.
    Kladno is where the large inhouse Lego structures are created for the brand stores and PR stunts such as the life-size Technic cars. (They also create a lot of the things you see in the Lego House.)

Keep in mind that although Legoland and TLG have partially the same owner, they are not the same company. (Kirkbi owns 50% of Merlin Entertainments, the parent company of Legoland, and 75% of TLG.)
    KungFuKenny
  • FollowsCloselyFollowsClosely Member Posts: 1,073
    @EGRoberts,
      What type of containers do you have inside your Sterilite drawers?

EGRoberts
  • Brickfan50Brickfan50 Zwolle, NetherlandsMember Posts: 402
    ^^^^^ Size doesn’t matter!
    I was never impressed by large size models. TLG has unlimited supply of bricks, you know. Real creativity is more likely to increase with a lack of parts than with a surplus of it. 
    FollowsCloselyiwybs
  • EGRobertsEGRoberts OntarioMember Posts: 231
    @FollowsClosely there Plastico clear organizer trays from Dollarama. They cost $1.25 Canadian each and in the 3 drawer wide sterilite units it fits exactly 4 long trays in the drawer or 4 square ones. I just bought a bunch more today.

Oh and btw I love your lego room! It is one of my many inspirations from all the great lego building areas members show on here. 

lessjunkfoodSwitchfoot55MarshallmarioCymbelineFollowsCloselyWesterBricksgmonkey76SumoLego
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 3,132
    ^One of my local LEGO stores has the same display. There were only a few of them distributed around the brand stores apparently. Very fun to look at and see all the little details. 

A particular favorite detail of mine are the sling shots creating the railing along the opening below the right ear. 
    Edinburgh also has one. Went in there... didn't buy a thing. Very odd feeling.
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 3,132
    SumoLego said:
    ^ We've all been there.  

Why 3? I have one, and love it, but 3?
    KungFuKennySumoLego
    ^^ LEGO is one helluva drug.
    jmeninnogmonkey76
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 1,724

Today’s status: I rearranged my wall display so all of my Vidiyo minifigs can hang out together.

I don’t have any of the stages, but I have all of the BandMates and BeatBoxes. I don’t care about the music app at all, but the minifigs are glorious.
    But check out them Pirates and Classic Space! *heart eyes*
    WesterBricksKungFuKennyandhe560HeliportSumoLego
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 2,812
    I just found out I have to work Saturday. So, more money to spend at the LEGO store January 1st! :)
    WesterBricksKungFuKennylowleadMarshallmarioSumoLego
  • mrlegomanmrlegoman UKMember Posts: 20
    Just completed a digital build of the new Super Mario Series 4 Goombrat mini-build.

560Heliport
    @WesterBricks, is that a shot glass display case standing up on it's side? 

The full collection of those is impressive!
    WesterBricksSumoLego
  • Brickfan50Brickfan50 Zwolle, NetherlandsMember Posts: 402
    @WesterBricks I'm not into Vidiyo but kudos to your organizing kills! Well done!
    WesterBricks
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 1,724
    bpk2300 said:
    My mom got me a $100 Lego gift card as an early Xmas gift. Someone finally understands just how easy xmas gifting should be for me! :0 
    I don't know why my wife never believes me that I would be happy with this for all gifts always.
    Switchfoot55560Heliportbpk2300bandit778iwybsgmonkey76SumoLego
    tne328 said:
    Perhaps TLG should include a small "Build Responsibly" label on all sets that cost $200 or more!
    ...a public service announcement from TLG...

WesterBricksgmonkey76SumoLegoMaffyD
  • WesterBricksWesterBricks USAMember Posts: 226
    edited December 2021
    @Switchfoot55 good eye! Turned on its side, the spaces are exactly 12 x 6 studs, and perfect height for minifigures.

Switchfoot55gmonkey76andheSumoLegobpk2300gratefulnat
  • CharmiefcbCharmiefcb SydneyMember Posts: 410
    Currently building the Typewriter. Brilliant set. How they managed to get the surprisingly close to accurate typewriter sound with only Lego. If you haven't got it pick it up.
    WesterBricksKungFuKennystluxgratefulnat
  • iwybsiwybs PlutoMember Posts: 192
    SumoLego said:
    ^ We've all been there.  

I'll take one of those for cheap ... 4504 was the biggest Lego set my brother and I had as kids, before he broke it up for parts.  I've thought many times about getting another copy.

Not that you were offering to let go of any of your 3.4 4504s, but in case you ever did ....
    WesterBricks560Heliportgmonkey76SumoLego
    ^ Some eBay over-enthusiasm.  And traded a couple of sets for a tote of miscellaneous 4504-era SW LEGO.  Still haven't completely re-assembled the AT-AT in that mess of sets...
    560HeliportFizyxgmonkey76lowlead