Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• ModeltrainmanModeltrainman In the Disney Infinity Toybox, Windows, or digging through LEGO parts in the USA.Member Posts: 815
    Lo1sJess said:
    Is there a difference between store VIP and on-line?
    For redeeming vouchers, I think so, otherwise, no.
    gmonkey76KingAlanI
  • Lo1sJessLo1sJess Alexandria, VirginiaMember Posts: 115
    Thanks, I haven’t tried to figure out vouchers yet.  It’s been a difficult couple of years with my Mom’s progressive Parkinson’s and a fall shattering her pelvis.  I have only been able to have some lego time recently.  I had been wondering why people got vouchers that expire when you just tell them at the store what you want to use.
    Modeltrainman
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,748
    OK, so I may have a big problem. Had a problem ordering the AT-AT, the first order I tried came up with an error message. So I tried again, and that order went through OK. Now I'm showing both orders in process. Hopefully I can cancel one before they fill it, or cancel both of them.
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 1,192
    Lo1sJess said:
    Is there a difference between store VIP and on-line?

No, other than that one will only work in-store, and the other will only work online.  I assume he redeemed an in-store certificate when he meant to redeem an online one.  Sucks, and I don't know if we've heard why they even split them up like that, but I think CS has been pretty understanding about it when people have mixups.  Not sure if they can do anything to credit it back on the purchase, but definitely worth a try! And at the very least I know they have refunded the VIP points to multiple people who got the wrong ones.
    gmonkey76
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFW/BGMember Posts: 7,124
    gmonkey76 said:
    OK, so I may have a big problem. Had a problem ordering the AT-AT, the first order I tried came up with an error message. So I tried again, and that order went through OK. Now I'm showing both orders in process. Hopefully I can cancel one before they fill it, or cancel both of them.
    Your best bet is to call. 
    FizyxKungFuKenny
    ^Unfortunately they don't open till 7am, but that's the first thing I do in the morning.
    So a follow-up both AT-AT orders are showing in the warehouse, and they can't cancel one. I have to wait until they show up, and then return it. Hopefully it ships, and gets here fast. 
  • tne328tne328 Member Posts: 16
    My copy of 4402-1, Sea Riders, is together again this morning for the first time in more than 15 years! 

I got 4402 when it was new, then rebuilt it into a pair of simple spaceships, bought another copy when it was slightly used, rebuilt both into a moonbase, then the pieces went into the general build bricks for several years. After rebuilding 4993 (Cool Convertible) last year after it had also been scrapped, I had hopes of rebuilding 4402 this summer, and even bought the parts that had gone missing. But life's busyness got in the way from summer until now.  Yesterday I got time to build during a Thanksgiving where other plans were cancelled, and I finished the build this morning. It still looks great, I'm glad to have it, and it's always fun to "rescue" a set from the parts heap.
    KungFuKenny560HeliportBumblepantsWesterBricksOnebricktoomanyAddicted2Oxygeniwybs
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,679
    KingAlanI said:
    Interested in #41938 DOTS Creative Designer Box for the 1x1 round tiles white with black letters, but don't want to buy a whole set just for them.

I got them from B&P.
    KingAlanI
  • kbwkbw NCMember Posts: 413
    I held strong. No AT-AT for me. Small victory for financial responsibility. 
    autolycusBumblepantsMarshallmarioAddicted2Oxygen560HeliportandheKingAlanI
  • autolycusautolycus US-SEMember Posts: 1,101
    kbw said:
    Sounds like the right choice for you. If you're not going to enjoy building it, then it's a waste of money. Spend that on something you'll enjoy more.
    kbwKingAlanI
  • ModeltrainmanModeltrainman In the Disney Infinity Toybox, Windows, or digging through LEGO parts in the USA.Member Posts: 815
    My first LEGO status of today is for @Lo1sJess, actually. She wanted to see my Nativity for minifigs, so here it is. By the door. They made this set very cramped. Just a small mod, but it reflects me, and my family much better. I don't put much stock in a flying chubby fellow hauled by deer, frankly.
    KungFuKennybpk2300
  • kbwkbw NCMember Posts: 413
    autolycus said:
    kbw said:
    Sounds like the right choice for you. If you're not going to enjoy building it, then it's a waste of money. Spend that on something you'll enjoy more.
    Yeah I may have enjoyed it, but the Falcon build was not something I cared to repeat. I have no idea if it would have been like that, but the MF certainly was in the back of my mind as I was considering it. Don’t get me wrong, it looks cool as hell and I was super tempted. Glad I held off though
    KungFuKennyKingAlanI
  • EGRobertsEGRoberts OntarioMember Posts: 231
    Well black friday was a bit of a bust, sales where lack luster and pre black friday with double VIP seemed better truthfully. Still went to lego store as we were passing through the city any ways. Had to get something and they didnt make it easy, no home alone, no disney castle, no diagon alley.. Needed clone force 99 though and pick a brick and build a fig where pretty good today. 

We move in 9 days now, lego packed! Anxious but excited as I have been without a lego room for 6 months and in 10 days I will have a new lego room a little bigger then the last one!  Can't wait to get building again..

Addicted2Oxygengmonkey76560HeliportBrickfan50OnebricktoomanyKungFuKennyMarshallmarioKingAlanI
    I assembled the Yoda species dream team today in a tidying session of various models! Still love the 2002 OG Yoda.

Just need to make a UCS Yaddle and I’m sorted!
    Is the plural Yodas, or Yodi?(Yodai?)
    560HeliportOnebricktoomanyKungFuKennyCymbelinepxchrisiwybs
  • CymbelineCymbeline CanadaMember Posts: 456

Out scrap bin got to the point of overflowing. Sorting Saturday...

The LEGO rite of passage: LEGO elements instead of hot coals. Definitely much, much worse!
    Speedman29Vgangandhe
  • Addicted2OxygenAddicted2Oxygen Somewhere behind all the boxes of LegoMember Posts: 462
    Bricklink orders are in. Time to start building. 

Can anyone guess what it is?

KungFuKennygratefulnatpxchris
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 14,538
    gmonkey76 said:
    Now I'm showing both orders in process.
    If they happen to send you an extra Luke Lightsaber, I know a guy...
    gmonkey76KungFuKenny
    Brickfan50 said:
    ...I am on vacation somewhere and have to leave within an hour...
    Where's Kevin?
    560Heliportgmonkey76KungFuKennyandhebrickventures
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 4,865
    @FollowsClosely, if you can sort that in a month I’d be impressed. Ouch.
    gmonkey76Fizyx
  • lowleadlowlead Downeast, USAMember Posts: 338
    ^^ I'd be more impressed if he walked down that pile with bare feet.  
    gmonkey76EGRobertsGrannyLEGOandhe
    lowlead said:
    ^^ I'd be more impressed if he walked down that pile with bare feet.  
    I would wonder what the hell was wrong with him!
    560Heliport
  • FollowsCloselyFollowsClosely Member Posts: 1,074
    edited November 2021
    @Astrobricks,
       A small pile a couple times a day... Yeah. A month.

Fizyxdpa1Astrobricks
  • gratefulnatgratefulnat SwitzerlandMember Posts: 379
    My knees, hips, and back start hurting just looking at that picture :-)
    dpa1Addicted2OxygenKungFuKennypxchrisstlux
    edited November 2021
    And bare feet, around all that Lego? Call OSHA! ;-)

And, I also just noticed the table leg sitting on the chair 😳
    gmonkey76
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Somewhere between Ice Station Odyssey and FabulandMember Posts: 2,267

I’m guessing a Star Wars set of some sort?
    I'd guess #77904 Nebulon-B Frigate
  • FollowsCloselyFollowsClosely Member Posts: 1,074
    Slow progress...

khmellymelstlux
  • Addicted2OxygenAddicted2Oxygen Somewhere behind all the boxes of LegoMember Posts: 462
    @KungFuKenny, @gratefulnat got it, but 4 hours after I posted the completed build in the building thread…..
    AstrobricksKungFuKennygratefulnat
    I did search all sets with a pink 2x2 plate on rebrickable before replying. And a little voice in the back of my head said 'hey, I just saw somebody post about bricklinking this set' which I had even liked.
    I'll just go sit in a corner for a while. Must be the jet lag after returning from the US.
    KungFuKennyAddicted2Oxygen
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 2,012
    A leak in our ceiling means I need to take all my Lego out of my office so they can get in to lift floorboards. At least it is a chance to put away some of the parts that I have kicking around from sets I took apart.
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 2,813
    edited November 2021
    I used my VIP points for two discounted $5 vouchers. Just need $605 more dollars for January first! (for all of the next wave of Monkie Kid sets 😀)
    Sure would be nice to win the 1,000,000 points sweepstakes!
    KungFuKennygmonkey76msanders
  • CharmiefcbCharmiefcb SydneyMember Posts: 410
    I just watched Home Alone again and I couldn't wait for mid December to buy the set. Bought it at 2am because why wait until a normal hour? Plus I added Santas Visit as it was available for back order.
    arathemisSwitchfoot55
    @gratefulnat :D you did some good sleuthing
    KungFuKennygratefulnat
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,603
    Without the TLG purchasing limits:

With 1,000,000 VIP points you could buy eight AT-AT,
    to get 44800 more VIP points, enough points to buy a ninth AT-AT,
    then really attack your Hoth Rebel Base. :)

Leaving you with 36800 VIP points so you could get £230 of other lego.
    Almost 3 x Santa's Visit, to add to your Hoth display.....
    dpa1Addicted2OxygenThe_RancorSwitchfoot55WesterBricksKungFuKennyBumblepantspxchris
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Somewhere between Ice Station Odyssey and FabulandMember Posts: 2,267
    Venunder said:

No, you would need that remaining 36,800 points to help defray the cost of your hernia surgery (from trying to carry 9 AT-ATs)…
    560Heliportgmonkey76KingAlanI
  • PJ76ukPJ76uk EnglandMember Posts: 651
    Venunder said:

Surely the remaining points would be better spent on #75320 Snowtrooper Battle Packs to fill the imperial forces in the AT-ATs?!
    FizyxautolycusSwitchfoot55560Heliportgmonkey76Addicted2OxygenKingAlanI
    PJ76uk said:
    Venunder said:

Surely the remaining points would be better spent on #75320 Snowtrooper Battle Packs to fill the imperial forces in the AT-ATs?!
    Yeah, I would do just 7 AT-ATs and use the rest for an AT-ST or two, plus lots of the battle packs and rumored "accessory pack" with Hoth rebels.
    Switchfoot55560Heliportgmonkey76Addicted2Oxygen
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 2,526
    Can anyone confirm whether or not the "E-Cert No." on a LEGO shipping box label is a unique code, or a batch code?

I've looked it up on the lego.com/compliance site and it shows as a valid E-Cert No., but not exactly sure what it's verifying. 

I only ask as I'm buying a sealed AT-AT for a friend in the shipping box. I have a picture of the label, but am doing what I can to verify the authenticity. 
    Can anyone confirm whether or not the "E-Cert No." on a LEGO shipping box label is a unique code, or a batch code?

I've looked it up on the lego.com/compliance site and it shows as a valid E-Cert No., but not exactly sure what it's verifying. 

I only ask as I'm buying a sealed AT-AT for a friend in the shipping box. I have a picture of the label, but am doing what I can to verify the authenticity. 
    Hmm... interesting question. I assume you're talking about this page?

https://www.lego.com/en-us/legal/notices-and-policies/compliance/

The output is a PDF (click the download arrow next to the relevant country/language) with the certification showing which laws the product complies with. It is not unique to a single set or even production run, as far as I can tell.

It should allow you to verify that the product is really an AT-AT though, I think.
    Switchfoot55
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 2,056
    Its December 1st tomorrow and I have a dilemma. Miss Speedy has a Friends advent calendar awaiting her for the morning. I have the Star Wars and the Marvel one......but we only have space to put two of them out downstairs! Friends and which one?
    truck730KungFuKenny
  • khmellymelkhmellymel United KingdomMember Posts: 1,304
    ^ I have a similar problem, although in my case, my husband does not know that I bought myself two advent calendars this year, so I can only put one out.  HP or Marvel?  I mean, I know he's going to find out anyway, but I'd like to at least wait until I've finished his (his will be a few days late due to poor shipping timing on my part!)
    Speedman29
  • truck730truck730 Member Posts: 338
    I'd plump for SW but marvel is premiering and it's not from such a long time ago
  • KingAlanIKingAlanI Rochester, NYMember Posts: 2,205
    kbw said:
    Sitting here today trying to decide if a Lego set is worth $800 and remembering how miserable I was putting together #75192. Lego FOMO is a helluva thing 
    Heck I thought it was a little tedious to put together Brick Bank at 1000+ pieces and right now I'm putting off the similar scale Tantive IV so the several thousand piece sets never entered consideration.

The $100+ Saturn V is the othee large model I've done but matching sections mainly quarters of the rocket cylinder expedited the process
  • KingAlanIKingAlanI Rochester, NYMember Posts: 2,205
    #60301 would have been better without the vehicles as a caveman themed wildlife set
    PJ76uk said:
    We all know an Assault on Hoth only requires two Snowtroopers.
    KungFuKennySwitchfoot55gmonkey76Bumblepants560Heliport