Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 5,079
    The owls are back 🦉👀 :)
    KungFuKennyMarshallmarioCymbelinegmonkey76560HeliportgratefulnatSpeedman29
  • ModeltrainmanModeltrainman In the Disney Infinity Toybox, Windows, or digging through LEGO parts in the USA.Member Posts: 865
    edited November 2021
    Working on my SS21 recipient's gift. I hope they like it. I tried something new, taking two popular sets that weren't much to look at, in my opinion, combined them, added some extra parts... basically, they're getting 3 different sets. And hopefully my instructions aren't awful. Nobody's ever given me feedback, so I can't learn. I just really like building. I prefer it to dumping a set in a box. OK, fine. My model isn't beautiful, either.
    560HeliportKungFuKennypanchox1
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 1,855
    edited November 2021
    I got excited at first thinking you were talking about set #40497 which I was still hoping to pick up, but is sadly out of stock.
    KungFuKenny560HeliportAstrobricks
  • ModeltrainmanModeltrainman In the Disney Infinity Toybox, Windows, or digging through LEGO parts in the USA.Member Posts: 865
    pxchris said:
    I got excited at first thinking you were talking about set #40497 which I was still hoping to pick up, but is sadly out of stock.
    Me too! I was quickly disappointed. 
    560Heliport
  • bpk2300bpk2300 Florida Member Posts: 189
    Was flipping through the Lego holiday catalog and noticed they used the Imperial logo in the advert for the Republic Gunship. History repeats itself 😂

560HeliportautolycussipusspxchrisSumoLegoFizyxgmonkey76KungFuKennyLordmoral
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 1,227
    SumoLego said:
    ^ Is it just me, or is that blurb quote a little passive-aggressive?

'...so here it is!...'

Maybe I'm a pessimist.

The ellipses before the 'so here it is!' definitely give it a bit of a zing I think.
    gmonkey76SumoLegolowlead560HeliportAstrobricks
  • autolycusautolycus US-SEMember Posts: 1,199
    I think the use of "so" instead of "and" adds something to the tone as well.
    gmonkey76lowlead560HeliportFizyxrd1899Astrobricksandhe
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 14,876
    ... so... if it doesn't sell, you only have yourselves to blame!
    lowleadYo_dA560HeliportautolycusKungFuKennygratefulnatandhe
  • lowleadlowlead Downeast, USAMember Posts: 423
    edited November 2021
    SumoLego said:
    ^ Is it just me, or is that blurb quote a little passive-aggressive?

'...so here it is!...'

Maybe I'm a pessimist.
    It comes across a bit sour, depending on my mood...
    Yep, all you little snot-nosed entitled brats wanted this sooooo bad.  So here, HAPPY?  Pfffft whatever, we don't even care.
    The exclamation point at the end saved them =oD
    gmonkey76560Heliportbpk2300Astrobricks
  • bookmumbookmum londonMember Posts: 1,383
    I can't speak for the rest of the world but here in the good ol' UK the 'must have' Christmas decoration thingy this year is a Gonk. Totally pointless. Nothing to actually do with Christmas. But kinda cute. Anyway.... I built a Lego one. 
    Switchfoot55KungFuKennyBumblepants560HeliportgratefulnatTheOriginalSimonB
  • lowleadlowlead Downeast, USAMember Posts: 423
    ^^Is it a Squid Game thing??
    Astrobricks
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Somewhere between Ice Station Odyssey and FabulandMember Posts: 2,340
    lowlead said:
    ^^Is it a Squid Game thing??
    I think it’s sort of like a Christmas gnome?  Their nose and beard sticks out from under a hat but you can’t see their eyes…
    Switchfoot55lowlead
    @lowlead not a Squid Game thing. They started appearing last Christmas but there's more of them this year. Available in just about every UK retailer. Obviously the breeding scheme was a success ! 
    For those that don't know. 
    A Gonk.
    Although this is a Halloween one. Those retailers know how to suck us in. 
    WesterBricks560HeliportKungFuKennyBumblepants
    bookmum said:
    @lowlead not a Squid Game thing. They started appearing last Christmas but there's more of them this year. Available in just about every UK retailer. Obviously the breeding scheme was a success ! 
    They were all over the Christmas markets in Munich and Vienna in 2019. I'm seeing a lot of the in the US already this year. I don't know where they originated, but they're rapidly spreading across the western world!
    bookmum
    @autolycus it's a mystery how these trends happen. Somebody somewhere must one day say "I have an idea...Gonks" but who is this person? How do you get that job? 
    autolycus
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,616
    Just Don't let the Gonks anywhere near the grain silo's....
    Status... dissatisfied with LEGO and the whole fiasco with the Vidiyo Bandmates series 2 availability here in the US.
    The figures were only available on lego.com for a very short window and had a limit of 12 figures. I was able to get an order in for 12 which I received today. Of the 12 I got 4 sets of duplicates and none of the 1 minifigure I was truly after (DJ Captain). Really unhappy about the whole hassle. Now I need to hopefully trade for the figure I want and then sell all of the others off. I really, REALLY hope that they do away completely with the blind boxes and rectify some of the many other mistakes they made with this whole theme.
    FizyxSumoLegoOnebricktoomanyBumblepantsbandit778Mr_Crossgmonkey76datsunrobbieMarshallmario
    edited November 2021
    Waiting on some stuff, and started #10293. Built a mini nativity for the inside. It needed one.

• Lo1sJessLo1sJess Alexandria, VirginiaMember Posts: 193
    If you would please share a picture of the nativity.  
    Thanks, Lois
    Modeltrainman
    I will!
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFW/BGMember Posts: 7,241
    Alright new X-Men cartoons in '23 confirmed. The Lego sets accompanying them had better happen!
    pxchrisWesterBricksKungFuKennyMaffyDMr_Cross
  • WesterBricksWesterBricks USAMember Posts: 360
    The 90s X-Men cartoon ruled, and it sounds like this is set in the same time period.  I will definitely be keeping an eye out for related Lego sets.
    KungFuKenny
  • truck730truck730 Member Posts: 345
    Maybe it's one of those feedback survey wins ,I stupidly do them every time to win something 
    560HeliportKungFuKennygmonkey76andhe
  • gratefulnatgratefulnat SwitzerlandMember Posts: 379
    @truck730 maybe you finally won something, and LEGO screwed up somewhere and sent your prize to @bpk2300 by mistake ...
    560HeliportKungFuKennygmonkey76andhe
    Slowly working through Corner Garage this weekend. I've finished the ground floor and the tow truck. Enjoying it so far. I have a Speed Champions classic Mustang that I think is going to go on the lift, assuming it fits ok. I still have to decide what car is going to be filling up at the pump--Diner's pink car or the Ideas teal one. It might just depend on what fits best between there and on the alleyway that's going to be between the Garage and Brick Bank -- it's all going to be a bit tight, unfortunately.

I also just got Town Hall in the mail from kwkw, so my modular collection is now looking very solid: GG, FB, GE, TH, PC, PR, DO, BB, AS, DD, and CG. I'm glad I got CG during the AFOL Day, since it's showing as sold out on [email protected]! (anybody who wants it, get it ASAP!)

I don't ever anticipate getting CC. Prices are just ridiculous, and availability isn't great even at those prices. PS will be easy to get. 
    gratefulnatKungFuKenny
  • Brickfan50Brickfan50 Zwolle, NetherlandsMember Posts: 412
    truck730 said:
    Maybe it's one of those feedback survey wins ,I stupidly do them every time to win something 

People actually fill in the product feedback survey? Heck, I never thought of it. "WIN - GEWINNE - GAGNE* - GANA"
    *This I like most :-)
    KungFuKennyandhe

People actually fill in the product feedback survey?
    I actually fill out the surveys most of the time, whether positive or negative.
    pxchris said:

Have you ever won something?
    pxchris said:

Have you ever won something?
    Nope - at least not from the surveys from LEGO.
    But I still think it's often valuable. I know at least the LEGO actually looks at the survey responses. The surveys for in-store shopping go directly back to the store managers even.
    KungFuKennyFizyx
  • LordmoralLordmoral Puerto RicoMember Posts: 882
    Spent a fun time taking the following pictures, I enjoyed the IAM as it actually serves what it is advertised for: carrying Troops into battle still, it would have been great that it came with a Driver and a gunner operator leaving the included troopers to stay inside the tank, an addition ST wouldn't be out of place.

Imperial Armored Marauder (2021) and the Imperial Landing Craft (2018) in my patio:

They all are out of sequencing, sorry about that.
    560Heliporttruck730KungFuKennyThe_RancorAddicted2Oxygengratefulnat
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 3,011
    @Lordmoral just for contrast, here's my Marauder:
    It's snowing lightly, we'll probably get an inch or two by tomorrow.
    truck730bpk2300KungFuKennyLordmoralAddicted2OxygengratefulnatGothamConstructionCo
  • LordmoralLordmoral Puerto RicoMember Posts: 882
    @506Heliport that is a great picture, I guess you should add a few Snow Troopers chasing Greef Karga on that vehicle.
    560Heliport
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 14,876
    EGRoberts said:
    ...The stress of moving when you collect lego is worse then getting a full physical at the doctor 😂...
    Agreed! I would rather get a weekly physical than trying to move my hoard.
    gmonkey76EGRobertsgratefulnat
    @EGRoberts That's an incredible amount of LBG and DBG plates/bricks! Star Wars collector?
    EGRoberts
  • EGRobertsEGRoberts OntarioMember Posts: 250
    @EGRoberts That's an incredible amount of LBG and DBG plates/bricks! Star Wars collector?
    Not intentionally but star wars would be the largest theme I have. I prefer castle and HP stuff but the amount released doesn't keep me building so star wars fills the void and there is no shortage of sets to collect there... Really love some of the new star wars set coming out lightly too which drives me crazy because 1 year ago I told myself no more star wars but I bought a ton over the past year anyways 😂
    gmonkey76
    edited November 2021
    ...which drives me crazy because 1 year ago I told myself no more star wars but I bought a ton over the past year anyways 😂
    I' hope your SO doesn't read this. Otherwise you can expect "Hear, hear!" being shouted from the other side of the room 😂

EGRoberts
  • EGRobertsEGRoberts OntarioMember Posts: 250
    ...which drives me crazy because 1 year ago I told myself no more star wars but I bought a ton over the past year anyways 😂
    I' hope your SO doesn't read this. Otherwise you can expect "Hear, hear!" being shouted from the other side of the room 😂

Funny thing is she handed me a bunch of sets yesterday in TRU to buy because I get an additional discount. I bought them got them to the car well she kept our son busy so he wouldn't see them for xmas gifts and by the time I got them out and in the trunk and back she handed me more lol. She complains on the amount of lego we have but she supports and at times enables my addictions lol. 
    560Heliportgmonkey76FizyxMarshallmario
    I give up. Given the support you receive from your wife, you are doomed when it comes to collecting. I'll see you again on a broadcast in the twelfth season of "Hoarders: Where Are They Now?"
    (tongue-in-cheek)
    560HeliportEGRobertsWesterBricksCymbelinegmonkey76pxchris
  • BastyBasty LondonMember Posts: 441
    At first I thought I was crazy for buying 50+ empty BAM boxes but they have really been great for helping me slowly sort out all my loose Lego.

WesterBricksFizyxBumblepantspxchrisdatsunrobbieKingAlanIbrickventures