Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,314
    edited December 2020
    @bpk2300 I'm not much of a MOCer either, but that looks really nice! Very dynamic. Much better than the massive technic beams with pins (although see-through). You've lost the "swoosh-ability" of the original model though! ;-)
    One other thing to try, which might improve it a little, would be to try to remove the (I think) DBG technic axles that used to connect the engines to the technic beams of the base. I have no idea whether that is possible though.
    bpk2300KungFuKenny
  • bpk2300bpk2300 Florida Member Posts: 162
    One other thing to try, which might improve it a little, would be to try to remove the (I think) DBG technic axles that used to connect the engines to the technic beams of the base. I have no idea whether that is possible though.
    I'm not sure how I can take those out, yet. Maybe I can Dremel them off?

(just kidding!!)
    Without looking at the instructions, can you not just replace them with a shorter axle?
    edited December 2020
    I did just look, and they are actually 2x 6553 Catch in Black on each pod, so you could just replace them with something like a 3713 Technic Bush in Black, or even just LBG:

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=3713#T=S&C=11&O={"color":"11","iconly":0}
    bpk2300
  • KLOKRIECHERKLOKRIECHER GermanyMember Posts: 204
    I've uploaded two videos on my YouTube channel: My review of LEGO set 6279 and the speed build of the first day of the 2019 Star Wars advent calendar:

• ModeltrainmanModeltrainman In the Disney Infinity Toybox, Windows, or digging through LEGO parts in the USA.Member Posts: 620
    My LEGO status today is 'quite disappointed'. I'd wanted the Dickens GWP, bought a bunch of Mario, because Elf Clubhouse wasn't in stock, EC came in stock AFTER, now I can't exactly afford the threshold to hit 40416...
  • iwybsiwybs PlutoMember Posts: 101
    edited December 2020
    Went to the Lego store on Monday to get the GWPs for a friend for Christmas.  Walked out the door with the Razor Crest and Steamboat Willie, plus three GWPs.  Got home, got cold feet, got to save money!  Took everything back to the store today for a refund.  Gotta make sure I'm not eating Ramen when I'm 64, you know.
    560Heliport
  • jmeninnojmeninno The Batcave (MA)Member Posts: 830
    There's enough different flavors of Ramen out there...
    gmonkey76Fizyx560HeliportCymbeline
    I've posted two more speed builds on my YouTube channel:

• Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 1,372
    Yikes! That's terrible. Good luck with it and getting the appropriate replacements.

I wonder how many more are out there with this error.
    SumoLego
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,732
    It seems every December 1st, I'm away from home for work and miss popping that first door of the advent calendar open. The upside is I got to open two last night when I got home.

KungFuKennyGothamConstructionComsandersCymbelineKLOKRIECHER
  • autolycusautolycus US-SEMember Posts: 683
    SumoLego said:
    it appears LEGO rushed production of the Razor Crest.  Missing the Child plus 30+ pieces from bag 2.  Makes for an awesome build experience when one has to flip between the last page to add to a list of missing pieces.

Never had this happen in 25+ years.  I can only imagine if others are holding these sets and find out years from now that they don't have the Child!  
    Is that worse, or will it be worse when that happens to someone's temperamental kid on Christmas Day?
    SumoLegoCymbeline
  • CharmiefcbCharmiefcb SydneyMember Posts: 350
    The only sets I have issues with missing pieces are Star Wars sets for some reason. 2017 I had 4 sets in a row with missing pieces. I also bought a Death Star around that time which I haven't built so I'm worried it may have the same issue the others I bought around that time. Never had an issue with any other themes except for a slightly warped piece in a City set.
    I managed to get an Ecto 1 in the 5 minutes it was available tonight. Soon as I bought it it was out of stock again. Now I only have to check on the Cantina multiple times a day.

SumoLego
    I have had more issues with SW sets, but that's largely just an odds issue since half my collection or more is SW. I had a single missing piece from Downtown Diner, and unfortunately it was a critical piece to finishing the structure for the marquee on the stair side.

Thankfully, I had the piece in the Reindeer and elves brickheadz set that I hadn't yet built for the season. And also thankfully, the part shipped much faster than normal and I had the replacement within a week.
    SumoLego
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,461
    ^ Unfortunately, I don't have eight of these laying around...

KLOKRIECHERandhe
    edited December 2020
    Nope, that's definitely not a part I would expect to have many of unless I had a lot of unbuilt technic sets!

Actually... that's a lie. I have 43 of them in a single unbuilt set: #75192. But it's all in the original box waiting for my Christmas break, so I wouldn't want to dig them out!
    SumoLego
    I've two more LEGO videos on my YouTube channel: The stopmotion build of LEGO set 4729 - Dumbledore's Office and the speed build for the 2019 LEGO Star Wars advent calendar:

• Ra226Ra226 Member Posts: 20
    Mine would be disappointed after the Gingerbread House finally came in stock--and went out of stock--and I missed it.
  • CharmiefcbCharmiefcb SydneyMember Posts: 350
    Welcome to the world of Lego [email protected] Going to Lego multiple times a day has now become second nature sadly when I want a sought after set.
  • eMJeeNLeMJeeNL The NetherlandsMember Posts: 584
    Really stoked as my good friend @obelix1971 pointed me towards Brickhunter. It's a plug-in for Chrome that let's you upload a BL-wanted list and see the prices from Lego [email protected] for those bricks, without having to create an extensive Excelsheet, getting prices from both PaB and BnP! This makes life much easier when ordering for MOCs. :)
    KungFuKennySwitchfoot55andhe
    I've uploaded the review of LEGO set 4729 and the speed build of day 4 of the 2019 LEGO Star Wars advent calendar:

• Diamondback_SixDiamondback_Six USAMember Posts: 127
    Status: a LITTLE happier, now that Barracuda Bay and the Ice Rink are on the way. Now to get Mom's Elf Clubhouse... if it ever comes back in stock.
    Switchfoot55rd1899FizyxKLOKRIECHERModeltrainmanKungFuKenny
  • OdeinoichusOdeinoichus CanadaMember Posts: 359
    SumoLego said:
    Update - looks like the 'second' bag 2 and the 'second' bag 6 were absent from my Razor Crest.  

The fabulous LEGO C/S person was able to identify for the parts missing that bag 2 was gone.  And then we verified the rest of the bags and discovered bag 6 was not there as well.

They always do an excellent job of keep customers happy.  (She also offered to refund the purchase and reorder another RC, but it would be a few weeks until stock came in.)
    Thank you for this post, it gave me an excuse to finally open my Razor's Crest.

So, in total, how many numbered bags are there supposed to be?

I have #1, #2, #2, #3, #4, #4, #5, #6 and #6. Is that correct or are there supposed to be two numbered bags for the odd numbers as well?
    SumoLego
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,461
    edited December 2020
    Yes, that's correct.

And the canopy isn't in a bag.
    Odeinoichus
    I got a speed build of LEGO set 4729 and day 5 of the 2019 Star Wars advent calendar:

• BastyBasty LondonMember Posts: 320
    Sad, called 3 Lego stores but sadly none had the Christmas Wreath anymore. 
  • arathemisarathemis sometimes here, sometimes thereMember Posts: 387
    edited December 2020
    So excited i checked the local lego shop on saturday. It had the wreath in stock. Bought 3 (2 for me, 1 for a gift), and 2 hours later, it was out of stock again.
    Talk about luck...
    And got the Rink #2 as well with the purchase.
    Fizyx
    Today I'm going to share a speed build for day 6 of the 2019 LEGO Star Wars advent calendar and anoher MOC displayed at the ExpoPiezas convention in Barcelona:

• madejp86madejp86 IllinoisMember Posts: 282
    My order for the Downtown Dinner was canceled. I was so pissed and sad at the same time. Luckily my local Lego Store had one left so I was able to snag one with the 40410 promo!
    FizyxBumblepantsSumoLegoCymbeline
  • PapaBearPapaBear East CoastMember Posts: 492
    Just finished bags #2 out of #21 (yes 21 steps!) of the Grand Piano.  Wow, it's an amazing build so far.  I think I will build up to at least the #4s today and probably finish it by the end of the week.
    Switchfoot55KungFuKennybandit778
    Does anybody remember set 4795? I got a stopmotion build of this set on my YouTube channel:

SumoLegomadejp86
  • PJ76ukPJ76uk Derby, UKMember Posts: 524
    These daily videos posted in both here and the videos thread seem to be getting a bit much. Is speed building an advent calendar micro build really a thing?!
    Guess @KLOKRIECHER missed this comment
    KLOKRIECHERbenbacardiomniumMr_Cross
    PJ76uk said:
    These daily videos posted in both here and the videos thread seem to be getting a bit much. Is speed building an advent calendar micro build really a thing?!
    Well, I guess, advent calendar videos are a thing on YouTube. BrickQueen and Ashnflash do some advent calendar videos every day for example. I try to do my calendar videos a bit different by making speed build versions of them... ;-)
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 1,026
    PJ76uk said:
    Well, I guess, advent calendar videos are a thing on YouTube. BrickQueen and Ashnflash do some advent calendar videos every day for example. I try to do my calendar videos a bit different by making speed build versions of them... ;-)
    @KLOKRIECHER people aren't complaining about your videos per se, the complaint is against your spamming of multiple threads with them. A single video linking to your channel and explaining that you will be doing daily advent speed build videos would be more than sufficient.
    560Heliportgmonkey76iwybsSumoLegoMr_CrossFizyxdatsunrobbieKLOKRIECHERdrdavewatford
    I'm curious how long an Advent Calendar speed build video would be? 5 seconds?

;-)
    Astrobricks560Heliportandhegmonkey76madejp86
  • ModeltrainmanModeltrainman In the Disney Infinity Toybox, Windows, or digging through LEGO parts in the USA.Member Posts: 620
    Wondering about the state of my LEGO collection. It's been in cardboard boxes for about a month, probably, and on a heated floor(in the cardboard boxes, in Ziploc bags), hoping it'll be OK ...(Can't access it, as it's now in a different state.)
  • OdeinoichusOdeinoichus CanadaMember Posts: 359
    Feeling the stirrings of wanting something new from the LEGO Design team.

Is it just me or does anybody else feel as if Ninjago has seriously overstayed its welcome?

Chima, Nexo Knights, Adventurers, Bionicle, Monster Fighters, Pharaoh's Quest, Scooby-Doo and many more themes come and go and offer up new innovations and ideas. At this point I look at the Ninjago Theme and every year it's got something new, some new villain team, but the core concepts and vehicle choices still seem to linger and, I don't know, it just doesn't look or feel as innovative or creative as it once did.

It seems tired and old hat. Hell I had more enjoyment out of Hidden Side and Monkie Kid lately compared to the Ninjago theme and after this latest wave I half expect them to go NINJAS IN SPACE or something.

Am I crazy or is Ninjago just that stale and no longer fresh?
    EGRobertskarritgmonkey76
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 3,738
    It seems to have hit a zenith around the TLNM era, especially with Ninjago City and the Docks. But I agree, everything since has seemed very blah. But, I don’t watch the series at all.
    gmonkey76
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 2,093
    ^ "...I half expect them to go NINJAS IN SPACE or something."  You say that like it's a bad thing! :)  For me, Ninjago subthemes have always been hit or miss: some I like, some I don't. I just collect what appeals to me. Usually it's the villains I like, more than the ninjas in slightly different outfits.
    KungFuKennyandheMr_CrossFizyxstluxAanchir
  • Diamondback_SixDiamondback_Six USAMember Posts: 127
    Does anybody remember set 4795? I got a stopmotion build of this set on my YouTube channel:

NOSTALGIA TRIP! The late 1990s weren't the Golden Age for LEGO like the late 1980s with Classic Pirates, but maybe a Silver Age.

Maybe I'm just a cranky old man, but named characters and media tie-in... sorry, it's not the quirky, blocky builds I grew up with. It's changed... like they lost something along the way. Don't know what, but...
    KLOKRIECHER