Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• bpk2300bpk2300 Florida Member Posts: 155
    Decided to take a cursory dive into the bins in my attic that store my childhood LEGO. I haven’t opened them in about 15 years. To my surprise, these were near-built in the top of the first bin! 

#7119 is missing Lobot, which I’ve already Bricklinked. #1728 is also missing a few parts, and everything needs to be cleaned up a bit. Not sure why I kept that Ford Anglia together. And who can miss Jack Stone! I’m realizing now that I had a lot of the Jack Stone sets. Which is odd because I was 11-12 years old when the theme was out, and they are 4+ sets. I suppose I enjoyed it at the time!

The rest of the LEGO in those bins are in pieces, but it might be time to go through it all and start piecing together full sets. I think the dog agrees.

560HeliportKungFuKennyBumblepantsbandit778gmonkey76pxchrisMr_CrossGothamConstructionCo
  • CymbelineCymbeline CanadaMember Posts: 268
    @KungFuKenny All those friends sleeping on bare floors no doubt littered with take-out containers and pizza boxes - reminds me of my first apartment except I had a sleeping bag! 
    KungFuKenny560Heliportandhe
  • OdeinoichusOdeinoichus CanadaMember Posts: 355
    @KungFuKenny inspired a bit by the Parisian Restaurant Design, and then wholly thrown off the rails. Love it. LEGO should seriously consider making a Modular Mini-Doll line.
    KungFuKenny
  • CharmiefcbCharmiefcb SydneyMember Posts: 312
    I'm back to I won't buy any more sets until I have gone through my backlog. Let's see how long this lasts. I give it until the Cantina is back in stock or another wave of a theme I'm interested in releases.
    560Heliport
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,619
    Finally finished up the exterior of my Friends modular... 

That is just beautiful, A good looking modular town house but with the pink accents and the castle style turret it really screams Friends. Top work
    KungFuKennySumoLegoMr_CrossOnebricktoomany
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 1,902
    SumoLego said:
    I'm on day eighteen of brushing past an unopened Razor Crest.  At this rate, they'll have re-issued it before I get around to opening and building this one.

- Guy that watched Rebels over the lock-down in April and had to get a Ghost/Phantom and has yet to build it -

- Guy that hasn't built his "Gotta get it day one, and build it immediately" SHIELD Helicarrier -

- Guy that still hasn't build is UCS B-Wing -

- Guy that still is 'looking for a space' for his UCS Super Star Destroyer-

Ugh... I think I suck at my hobby.
    Do you need me to build them for you? :)

Mr_Crossgmonkey76KungFuKennyAstrobricks
    SumoLego said:
    I'm on day eighteen of brushing past an unopened Razor Crest.  At this rate, they'll have re-issued it before I get around to opening and building this one.

- Guy that watched Rebels over the lock-down in April and had to get a Ghost/Phantom and has yet to build it -

- Guy that hasn't built his "Gotta get it day one, and build it immediately" SHIELD Helicarrier -

- Guy that still hasn't build is UCS B-Wing -

- Guy that still is 'looking for a space' for his UCS Super Star Destroyer-

I can outdo that. I still haven't built my Carousel, Ninjago City and Death Star bought in 2017. We won't even get into 2018-2020 large sets that have been bought and just sitting there. I'm kind of reluctant to build them in all honesty. I want to build them but then I'll be thinking I don't have those nice big heavy boxes in the corner anymore. Cantina is the only big set I'm going to buy and then no more until I build the backlog. I bought the Star Wars advent calendar yesterday but that doesn't count in my books.
    gmonkey76
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,593
    I can out do you all. According to my Brickset I have 4147 sets. If I'm lucky 147 of them could be built. They've been in storage for over two years. I'm in the process of buying a house, and if everything goes according to plan it will be ready in January. So I've got a lot of building and sorting for way too long. 
    KungFuKennyOnebricktoomany
    How does someone get over 4 thousand sets. It should be illegal to have that many sets haha.
    PS just saw you were from Chicago. I was just looking up the Congress Plaza Hotel. I stayed there a few years ago and I had no idea it was a 'haunted hotel'. I had no hauntings going on when I was but some of the stories out of that hotel. Jeez.
    gmonkey76KungFuKennypanchox1Onebricktoomany
  • JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,249
    My unbuilt backlog is positively tame compared to some of you!

#70620 NINJAGO City
    #70657 NINJAGO City Docks
    #10270 Bookshop
    #9476 The Orc Forge
    #75270 Obi-Wan's Hut

I'll be building Obi-Wan's hut in the next day or two and the Bookshop fairly soon, once I've done some re-arranging of my small City.

I'll probably still have Ninjago City and Docks still in their bags when the new Ninjago City Gardens is released!
    KungFuKennyOnebricktoomany
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Deep in the Heart of TexasMember Posts: 1,329
    edited October 1
    SumoLego said:

Nah... life (especially with kids) has a way of eating up free time... or maybe you are temporarily morphing into a collector and will have years of building backlogged once the kids are grown!
    How does someone get over 4 thousand sets.
    @gmonkey76 is just stockpiling for my Secret Santa gifts...

560HeliportSwitchfoot55jmeninnoMr_Crossgmonkey76andhepanchox1
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,147
    I can outdo that.
    So... I'm not 'counting' my LEGO City (featuring all modulars, multiples of the Pet Shop townhouses) with Amusement Park, possibly a Disney World Magic Kingdom area, with a port and train yard.  

And I've still got a few first-generation SW sets to finish sorting.  Also have plans for a modular-sized version of the Sanctum.
    Switchfoot55KungFuKennygmonkey76
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,619
    Gibbo1959 said:
    This might be appropriate moment to re-mention the acronym I first heard on a model railway TV prog - S.A.B.L.E. Stash Acquired Beyond Life Expectancy. At the time I laughed......
    My wife and her mum are both quilters, there is a saying "whoever dies with the most fabric, wins"
    Gibbo1959560HeliportstluxKungFuKennyCymbelinegmonkey76flowerpotgirl
  • iwybsiwybs PlutoMember Posts: 68
    edited October 1
    My biggest rule in buying Lego is that as soon as I get a set home from the store, or as soon as it gets delivered to my doorstep, I have to assemble it.  It won't necessarily stay assembled for long - it may stay disassembled in the closet the vast majority of the time afterwards, or broken up for parts - but it must be assembled according to the instructions, at least once, with minimal delay.  I find that a useful restraint against accumulating a FOMO stash.  Budget is the second restraint ... my university fellowship ran out this summer and the teaching assistantship I'm now on amounts to a 43% pay cut.  So it's back to rice and beans every day and Legos every other day, as the Red Queen might say.
    Switchfoot55560Heliportandhe
  • ModeltrainmanModeltrainman In the Disney Infinity Toybox, Windows, or digging through LEGO parts in the USA.Member Posts: 580
    Gibbo1959 said:
    This might be appropriate moment to re-mention the acronym I first heard on a model railway TV prog - S.A.B.L.E. Stash Acquired Beyond Life Expectancy. At the time I laughed......
    My wife and her mum are both quilters, there is a saying "whoever dies with the most fabric, wins"
    Which is funny, since we know we can't take it with us. If we could, I imagine God wouldn't exactly be thrilled...
    gmonkey76panchox1
  • OdeinoichusOdeinoichus CanadaMember Posts: 355
    The Backlog for me is pretty much my entire collection practically, since I only have so much space at a time I disassemble a lot. Guess that means I should work at making more space for sets.
    560HeliportKungFuKenny
  • mustang69mustang69 North CarolinaMember Posts: 485
    My backlog came about because we moved and ended up with a smaller house which eliminated the majority of my display space, but I still wanted to get the sets so I didnt miss out and they retired. I've got about 13 larger sets and 10 or so smaller ones waiting to be built.

We're hoping to build a garage with some living space on a second floor, which will become my new LEGO room. Though this is mostly in the hands of a zoning committee at the moment as we need a variance since it will be outside the setbacks defined by the county we live in.
    560HeliportKungFuKenny
  • LegopantsLegopants GermanyMember Posts: 2,048
    Time to disassemble #10144 Sandcrawler. I bought it second-hand off eBay Germany back in November 2011 - it's been on display in the man-cave ever since. Not a huge SW fan, but I really like this set (especially the Jawa minifigs). 

KungFuKennyGothamConstructionCo560HeliportbrickventuresmessyandheLostInTranslation
    Getting there, slowly... 

560Heliport
    Phew! Only the chassis left now. Oooh, just look at that dust! :-D

KungFuKennyGothamConstructionCo560Heliportandhe
    Reassembling my #75188 after knocking it off the table. It was one of those slow-motion, too late "Nnnoooooooo!!!" moments. Now, where are the instructions?
    andhe
    Done! That thing is surprisingly sturdy.
    KungFuKennyAstrobricksandhe
    That's that! Disassembled and dusted (just need to sort the parts and bag 'em up :-S). Time for a cup of tea now though coz I'm gagging! 

560HeliportmessyKungFuKennyLostInTranslation
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,517
    ^So, did all the brown parts survive?
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,487
    Done! That thing is surprisingly sturdy.
    I had a few instances of stuff falling from shelves and barely anything broke. I think once a model fell from like 1m50 high and nothing broke (and it wasn't technic, just system)
    ^So, did all the brown parts survive?

All seem OK to be me. Has there been a problem with brown parts? :-S
    edited October 5
    ^ Nerds ought to dial it back, as the Cantina isn't a real place and is just a movie studio set...
    Switchfoot55560HeliportKungFuKennyOnebricktoomany
    SumoLego said:
    ^ Nerds ought to dial it back, as the Cantina isn't a real place and is just a movie studio set...
    What's that got to do with anything? :)
    SumoLegoAstrobricksandheKungFuKennyOnebricktoomany
    What's that got to do with anything? :)
    About as much as which direction doors open up for a 'practical' rendering of a fictitious place.  Maybe it just irks me when the Continuity Police start questioning science fiction.
    Onebricktoomany
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 3,307
    Continuity still matters in fiction, science or otherwise :)

Now physics - that's another kettle of fish.
    560HeliportOnebricktoomany
    I decided to sort all the Sand Green parts I've bought from the PAB wall the last few years... 
    KungFuKennySwitchfoot55Mr_CrossBumblepantsandheAstrobricksOnebricktoomany
    If I ever need some Sand Green bricks, I could make them out of stacked 1x2 and 1x4 plates, or if I really want bricks, I could take them out of the back wall of #10228 Haunted House, and substitute plates. ...I don't know why I need so many telescopes, but topped with 1x4 plates, they make a nice railing.
    OnebricktoomanyKungFuKenny
  • panchox1panchox1 The Outer RimMember Posts: 472
    SumoLego said:
    Oga's Cantina on Batuu is real! :-P
    560HeliportSwitchfoot55iwybsOnebricktoomanySumoLegoKungFuKenny
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 1,969
    ^But, to be fair, Oga's doors open sideways too, not vertically. 

Probably to do with being a "crushing hazard" or something...
    OnebricktoomanyKungFuKenny
    Only the Empire uses doors that open vertically, because they don't care if a stormtrooper whacks his head because he didn't wait for the door to open completely! 
    Switchfoot55eMJeeNLOnebricktoomanypanchox1KungFuKenny
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 1,297
    Double VIP points on [email protected] made the exclusive Monkie Kid sets a more palatable purchase... #80008 Cloud Jet and #80015 Cloud Roadster ordered! :-D I have to wait til Christmas for them though :-(
    560HeliportKungFuKennyOnebricktoomany
  • omniumomnium Brickenham, UKMember Posts: 815
    Mr_Cross said:
    Double VIP points on [email protected] made the exclusive Monkie Kid sets a more palatable purchase... #80008 Cloud Jet and #80015 Cloud Roadster ordered! :-D I have to wait til Christmas for them though :-(

You were keen. I'm waiting till 15th for the mini mindstorms GWP.
    Mr_CrossOnebricktoomanyKungFuKenny
    Due to the renovations next door I decided I needed to get out of the house and went into the city. Public transport during covid is freaky. Before covid any bus into the city/downtown was almost full anytime of day. My bus stop is on a main artery into the city so I can catch multiple buses in and out. I get on and I'm the only one. By the end of the trip only 2 others had got on. Anyway I broke my promise about no new Lego. I got the Technic Ducati and Land Rover. It was kind of normal but still felt a bit odd. I hadn't been in there since March.
    560HeliportOnebricktoomanySwitchfoot55CymbelineKungFuKennyAstrobricksOldTownBricks
    Mr_Cross said:
    Christmas?! I got #80015 today and have been trying to wait until Sunday. I was going to go camping at a state park on the North Shore (that's what we Minnesotans call it; anyone else looking at a map would say it's more the west shore of Lake Superior.) I would build it after hiking and before supper. But the forecast is for rain and wind- either would be tolerable, but not both! So maybe I'll just go for the day Sunday or Monday... but it's 200 miles/320 kilometers! But I haven't been there yet this autumn, and I start my new job Wednesday. So maybe I'll build my Roadster tonight. :)
    Mr_CrossOnebricktoomany
    ...I am not a patient man...
    Mr_CrossCymbelinebandit778SirBrickalotOfLegoOnebricktoomanyKungFuKennybpk2300AstrobricksCharmiefcb
  • JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,249
    Caved in earlier than planned and ordered all the parts for @BenBuildsLego's The Hobbit Skyline and also purchased the instructions. I'll have to start on the OT Star Wars ones next, I think!
    560HeliportKungFuKenny