Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,111
    pxchris said:
    I'm also a bit dismayed at just exactly how much the price on Pirates minifigures have raised in the past few months. I love how many new people have rediscovered the LEGO hobby during this time, but I dislike what it's done to the aftermarket prices.
    Off to check bricklink to see how much my Pirate collection is worth... 
    KungFuKennypxchris
  • LordmoralLordmoral Puerto RicoMember Posts: 705
    I took advantage of a couple of weekends to make some progress on a long-standing project... a Friends themed modular.  It is corner oriented like the GE and uses an outdoor staircase like the PR.  The bottom floor is a coffee /  baked goods shop, while the upper floors will be residential (still in progress)...

I have a bad habit of letting unfinished MOCs pile up, but with some new-found motivation I may try to finish this up rather than let it sit for another year or two! 
    Man that is something awesome indeed. My status is opening an Extra Parts and Bricks LEGO order and searching for an apperantly delivered BrickLink order.
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,147
    Oh god... 
    I both hate and treasure these stupid cards.
    Speedman29
  • karritkarrit USAMember Posts: 172
    Waiting on hold with CS to get replacements from my B&P order.  They sent me two 2x2 white round slide shoes instead of the two transparent 6x6 satellite dishes I ordered.  They did throw in 6 more 1x2 olive profile bricks than I actually ordered.  First time I've had any issues other than the incorrect torso they originally sent to replace the missing one from my CMF diver.
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 1,902
    I figured out how to change my avatar! That's a common loon (state bird of Minnesota) with a chick on its back.
    Mr_CrossBumblepantsbandit778CymbelineSumoLegoKungFuKennyklintonpxchrisMynatt
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,510
    Pleased to see my Bespin Duel has shipped. Actually glad it was delayed a bit so the promo bits shipped separate and won't be able to mess the box up.
  • msandersmsanders Member Posts: 981
    karrit said:
    Waiting on hold with CS to get replacements from my B&P order.  They sent me two 2x2 white round slide shoes instead of the two transparent 6x6 satellite dishes I ordered.  They did throw in 6 more 1x2 olive profile bricks than I actually ordered.  First time I've had any issues other than the incorrect torso they originally sent to replace the missing one from my CMF diver.
    Unfortunately, recently my BnP orders have had missing pieces, but also pieces from someone elses order (so I presume other people have received my missing pieces). Customer services are good to just send replacements (although it takes a while for them to respond by email). Spoke to them via webchat the other day. Waited 40 mins to get through but a very quick resolution. 
    Switchfoot55
  • ModeltrainmanModeltrainman In the Disney Infinity Toybox, Windows, or digging through LEGO parts in the USA.Member Posts: 580
    My BnP order came!

560HeliportandheSwitchfoot55
  • CharmiefcbCharmiefcb SydneyMember Posts: 312
    I got my first warped/broken piece. Not in any hurry to replace it. For those that have had broken pieces do you have to show pictures of the piece when you report it?
  • CymbelineCymbeline CanadaMember Posts: 268
    @Charmiefcb No, Lego CS is awesome and they'll replace it with no hassle.
    gmonkey76KungFuKennySumoLego
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,341
    They might ask for a picture in case it's an IP-locked part, to prevent abuse. In all other cases: no hassle at all to get CS to replace parts.
    SumoLegoMr_Crossgmonkey76
  • LordmoralLordmoral Puerto RicoMember Posts: 705
    Hello, my LEGO status today is hearing about these supposed incoming sets coming [Redacted by the SCP], apperantly they sound somewhat cool.
  • Pumpkin_3CK5Pumpkin_3CK5 CaliforniaMember Posts: 783
    Costco Box: 

Target Box:
    For anyone that doesn't throw the boxes away.

560Heliport
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,619
    And so it begins!
    Mr_CrossKungFuKenny
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 1,969
    ^Every year I see these I think, "Man, I wish we had these in the US!" 

Then, two weeks into them starting, and seeing all of the, "I can't find #65!!!!" posts, I change my tune to, "Man, I'm so glad we don't have these in the US!" 

I'm not often a completionist. But, things like this tend to stoke that fire...
    Mr_Cross560HeliportKungFuKennypxchrisklintonandhegmonkey76
  • Gibbo1959Gibbo1959 Northumbria UKMember Posts: 364
    And so it begins!
    Annoyed we did a big Sainsbury’s shop last week! Is there a theme this time. Still Sam & Lily?
    Gibbo1959 said:
    Annoyed we did a big Sainsbury’s shop last week! Is there a theme this time. Still Sam & Lily?
    Still Sam and Lily (nice that my daughter is a Lily too) the theme is living amazingly, looking at food around the world

Gibbo1959Mr_Crosspanchox1LostInTranslation
  • panchox1panchox1 The Outer RimMember Posts: 472
    opened my recently received orders this morn. my VW vip bonus set was fairly smashed. a bit of a disappointment, but I did get two and the other was not perfect but in far better shape. the Hagrid/Buckbeak set was perfect.
  • CharmiefcbCharmiefcb SydneyMember Posts: 312
    Lego doesn't seem to like my pre paid Cash Passport anymore. (It's basically a pre paid credit card you can use with various currencies when you go overseas) They cancelled it so I had to call Mastercard and they reactivated i, tried again and still my order wouldn't go through. Tried another retailer and order went through no problem. Should I call Lego and talk about my card? I'm only using it because I had my trip money left over from an overseas trip that was ruined by Covid.
    I would call them. Maybe their system thinks it's not a "real" credit card? 
  • HugeBlueBrickHugeBlueBrick At my PCMember Posts: 25
    ^^^^^ Any sets to go with it this year?

No, it was only the first year they did the cards. The set didn't sell to well around here. I bought one on the first day. PIcked up another when they reduced the price half way through and a couple more as presents when they were £5 each. Still have a sealed one somewhere.
  • LegopantsLegopants GermanyMember Posts: 2,048
    Thought I'd treat myself to #21317 - and fill a gap in my 30xxx poly collection at the same time :-) 

SumoLegoBumblepants560Heliportbpk2300SeijiAmasawaCharmiefcbGothamConstructionCoLostInTranslationKungFuKenny
  • Gibbo1959Gibbo1959 Northumbria UKMember Posts: 364

No, it was only the first year they did the cards. The set didn't sell to well around here. I bought one on the first day. PIcked up another when they reduced the price half way through and a couple more as presents when they were £5 each. Still have a sealed one somewhere.
    Still have mine out on display. 

Looks a bit dusty close up!
    KungFuKenny
  • LegoPegasister2015LegoPegasister2015 New YorkMember Posts: 139
    edited September 18
    I recently finished a 400 piece Mini-Modular of my latest MOC, The Concession Corner! I've made instructions if you wish to build it.

Support the 3,000 piece main project on Ideas!
    vanvonfullcozyBosstone100omnium
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,487
    found a box of harry potter CMFs series 2 at the local store and they actually decreased the price. 3€ ! (previous series were 3,50)
    vanvonfullKungFuKennypanchox1
  • bookmumbookmum londonMember Posts: 1,217
    @Speedman29 I wasn't sure if I was going to bother with the cards this time because I have mostly switched to shopping at Aldi. But then a phone chat with my mum and she was "oh I have a pile of those cards for you already". So I suppose I am collecting then.....
    KungFuKenny560Heliportstluxgmonkey76panchox1Speedman29
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,664
    Original LEGO art. From my desk, to your home. | adeelzubair.com/shop
    KungFuKenny
  • benbacardibenbacardi EnglandMember Posts: 596
    I really don't find it clear from your website what I'd be buying… it just seems like very expensive instructions!
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,664
    edited September 19
    I really don't find it clear from your website what I'd be buying… it just seems like very expensive instructions!
    Hmm, I wonder if others feel the same...I'm selling original art, original MOCs I built that I'm selling as one off models. No kits, no instructions.
  • benbacardibenbacardi EnglandMember Posts: 596
    Huh, okay. That's an interesting idea, given that no one model is truly unique when it's made up of standard LEGO bricks that anybody could put together in exactly the same combination and have a therefore indistinguishable "forgery."
  • LegopantsLegopants GermanyMember Posts: 2,048
    Time to disassemble and bid a fond farewell to #6869 Quinjet Aerial Battle. A cracking set purchased in August 2012. I won't be sorry to see the back of "Lowkey" though - he's a foul-mouthed wrong 'un! 

GothamConstructionCoLostInTranslationKungFuKenny
  • bookmumbookmum londonMember Posts: 1,217
    5 packs already. 20 cards. 3 swappsies.
    KungFuKenny
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,147
    Legopants said:
    Time to disassemble and bid a fond farewell to #6869 Quinjet Aerial Battle.
    Huh, I should probably build mine.  As soon as I find it.
    560HeliportKungFuKenny
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,517
    ^That looks in excellent condition for the age.
    KungFuKennySeijiAmasawa
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Deep in the Heart of TexasMember Posts: 1,329
    edited September 21
    ^That looks in excellent condition for the age.
    There were a few chewed pieces, most of the stickers were gone, and one LG track piece had a crack, but otherwise it held up pretty well...
  • flordflord CanadaMember Posts: 732
    Was happy to assuage my OCD yesterday when I was able to complete the Super Mario character packs AND the HP 2 series.
    KungFuKennyklintonpanchox1
    I rescued a tub of old Lego from my parents storage area, and among other things found most of the parts for set #6383 “Public Works Center” from 1981.  A couple of Bricklink orders finished it off...
    Needless to say I have been scooping, loading, and dumping 1x1 bricks to my heart’s content this weekend!

I have found some other old parts in the mix, (including some Classic Space), so I’m looking forward to piecing together some more vintage sets soon...
    The bright primary colors are just so beautiful! I mean, I love Lego Star Wars (it would have been the perfect toy when I was a kid), but looking at my #75292 Razor Crest, if I didn't know what it was it would be... blah. 
    KungFuKennypxchrisiwybs
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Deep in the Heart of TexasMember Posts: 1,329
    The bright primary colors are just so beautiful! I mean, I love Lego Star Wars (it would have been the perfect toy when I was a kid), but looking at my #75292 Razor Crest, if I didn't know what it was it would be... blah. 
    After a run of SW builds I often will switch to Friends sets for a bit of “color therapy” ! ;-)
    560Heliportpanchox1GothamConstructionCo
    bookmum said:
    5 packs already. 20 cards. 3 swappsies.

Quite fortunate were doing my parents shopping at the moment, so double the cards plus our local Sainsburys seems to like dolling out big wodges of cards. Got about 15 duplicates and our book us over half full already! 
    KungFuKennybookmum
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,339
    Piano shipped! Purchased it on the release date 20 minutes after it went live. Ecstatic! 
    KungFuKennySwitchfoot55brickventures
  • ModeltrainmanModeltrainman In the Disney Infinity Toybox, Windows, or digging through LEGO parts in the USA.Member Posts: 580
    Been playing Mario a lot on my 3 day old Switch. I now understand what the things are in the Mario sets. Also, Casey Jr. is at 848. God is so good!
    KungFuKennySwitchfoot55panchox1
  • AfoltvAfoltv California Member Posts: 19
    New Micro Train tutorial on Youtube!

KungFuKennypanchox1GothamConstructionCo
  • WatfordScottyMWatfordScottyM Member Posts: 439
    Hmm, I wonder if others feel the same...I'm selling original art, original MOCs I built that I'm selling as one off models. No kits, no instructions.
    I do think you'll struggle to sell many of your 'art' pieces given the high prices.  £399 for your Taj Mahal build seems a bit off in particular, considering the real set is only £299.
    pxchris560HeliportLostInTranslationvanvonfull
  • jnscoelhojnscoelho PortugalMember Posts: 532
    This was delivered yesterday.

560Heliportbandit778Speedman29KungFuKennyCymbelinebpk2300Mr_Cross