Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 15,197
    Nice model... and the graphics guy on my local news station continues to fight against appropriate grammar and spelling.  

I suppose I should be happy it doesn't say 'LEGOES'.
    KungFuKenny560HeliportCharmiefcbpxchrisKLOKRIECHERomniumsnowhitieMynattandhe
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 Yellowstone, 1883Member Posts: 3,182
    I think I'd feel like I was being told off every time I heard news from her. 

By the way, your hooks need aligned.
    560HeliportSumoLegoBumblepantsgmonkey76
  • CharmiefcbCharmiefcb SydneyMember Posts: 451
    People saying Legos annoys me more than it should.
    SumoLegogmonkey76
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 3,578
    Yes, it does. ;)
    SumoLegogmonkey76
    I think I'd feel like I was being told off every time I heard news from her. 

By the way, your hooks need aligned.
    I really need to adjust the wall mount so the sound bar doesn't obscure the bottom of the screen.

And Maureen is a National Treasure - how dare you!
    (Yes, that is an inopportune screenshot.)

The hooks are for Christmas Stockings, so they're not up for alignment for five months...
    560HeliportKungFuKennyGothamConstructionCopxchrisSwitchfoot55gmonkey76andhe
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 2,257
    SumoLego said:
    Be still, my heart!
    Looks like something straight out of Sid's room...
    panchox1SumoLegoKungFuKennygmonkey76andhe
  • klintonklinton CanadaMember Posts: 1,248
    Until I scrolled down and saw it was a sales post, I assumed Sumo had uncovered a trove of Galidor amid his myriad boxes....
    Switchfoot55SumoLegopxchrisKungFuKennyandhe
    klinton said:
    Until I scrolled down and saw it was a sales post, I assumed Sumo had uncovered a trove of Galidor amid his myriad boxes....
    Sadly, I never actually opened any of the Galidor sets.  I think most of us knew it was going to be a spectacular failure, and might have some collectibilty years after...

And they did not disappoint.  Except on the collectible part.  Nobody wants those terrible toys.
    pxchrisklintoniwybsgmonkey76
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 2,257
    SumoLego said:

And they did not disappoint.  Except on the collectible part.  Nobody wants those terrible toys.
    It's been amusing watching Brick Tsar collect the theme...
    KungFuKennySumoLegoandhe
  • mustang69mustang69 North CarolinaMember Posts: 544
    Got my Pirates of Barracuda Bay just now from [email protected], also got a couple more Xtra sea accessories sets because I wanted more sharks. :)
    560HeliportKungFuKennypanchox1
    Got back to building after a few days off. Still waiting for the Death Star Duel and the AT AT to come in at my local store. They do have plenty of 501st Battle Packs. RRP for them here is $45. They're being cheeky and selling them for $50.
    If these weird times has taught me anything it's patience. I used to go out and get sets as soon as I could as soon as they were available. Now I'm just relaxed thinking I will get it but does it really matter if I get it now or in a few weeks?
    flightrisk
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,572
    I'm sure Disney+ will be worth it just for this

BumblepantsSwitchfoot55pxchris560Heliportgmonkey76GothamConstructionCoomniumKLOKRIECHER
    A masterpiece of what, we won't mention.
    KungFuKennygmonkey76omnium
    Hmm...how long is too long for an order to be invoiced on BL when there is nothing in the terms to suggest invoicing is only done on certain days. 

I have an international order (something I don't often do) that has been waiting for 4 days for an invoice. I messaged the seller yesterday with no response. I'm starting to get a bit worried.  ...unless this all seems reasonable to everyone else. In which case, I'm not worried. 
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Somewhere between Ice Station Odyssey and FabulandMember Posts: 2,368
    edited August 2020
    Hmm...how long is too long for an order to be invoiced on BL when there is nothing in the terms to suggest invoicing is only done on certain days. 

I have an international order (something I don't often do) that has been waiting for 4 days for an invoice. I messaged the seller yesterday with no response. I'm starting to get a bit worried.  ...unless this all seems reasonable to everyone else. In which case, I'm not worried. 
    If their feedback is good I wouldn't worry too much.  The worst thing that would happen is that you would just have to cancel the order.  I have held off on international purchases the last month or so because shipping has been so wonky.  It took almost 2 months for some Classic Space sets to arrive from Belgium, and 3 weeks to get some Castle sets from Canada.  

Seven days after placing an order you can file a Non Responding Seller complaint and then cancel the order if needed.

https://www.bricklink.com/help.asp?helpID=1111
    Thanks Kenny. The only issue is that this seller is the only one with this item in the exact number I need. I'd have to go to 2-3 different sellers otherwise, pay 5x as much per part, plus individual shipping. I'd rather hold onto hope that he'll respond shortly, even if it will take a month or two for them to arrive. 
    KungFuKenny
  • ModeltrainmanModeltrainman Reading my Bible, sorting and buildingMember Posts: 1,141
    @Switchfoot55, I think shipping and stuff is crazy everywhere. Two of my B&P orders are still '
    in warehouse.'
  • Brickfan50Brickfan50 Zwolle, NetherlandsMember Posts: 464
    My status is: in my underwear all day until the heatwave subsides. 
  • benbacardibenbacardi EnglandMember Posts: 712
    Unless your underwear is made of LEGO (ouch) I don't see how that's your "LEGO status" 😉 
    Astrobricksandhe
  • Brickfan50Brickfan50 Zwolle, NetherlandsMember Posts: 464
    Unless your underwear is made of LEGO (ouch) I don't see how that's your "LEGO status" 😉 
    Well, it’s too hot to build 😉
    KungFuKenny
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFW/BGMember Posts: 7,512
    Bought myself a set for the first time in ages, the Audi Speed Champions set. Have a cheap freight forwarding option to get Amazon UK sent to BG so I can start taking advantage of those sales.
    KungFuKennygmonkey76
  • klintonklinton CanadaMember Posts: 1,248
    No luck finding new HP or HS sets in the wild this week (*grumble, grumble*), but I did score #60234 at 40% off today. It's one of those sets that I've had in my hand countless times but have never grabbed. I just really wanted mullet guy and the duckies. At 40% off, it was a small consolation to the continued disappointment in my hunt for summer 2020 sets. :)
    560Heliport
  • ModeltrainmanModeltrainman Reading my Bible, sorting and buildingMember Posts: 1,141
    Casey Jr is still chugging resolutely along at 737 of 1000 needed for the next milestone!  I'm not sure what'll happen, but God knows, and He is good! I'm going to trust Him, and keep putting my work, and faith out there. In other news, @MinifiguresPlus just added a set of all 10 of the Mario blind bags, so I got in on that. I think the rounded plates and things look very classic Disney, so I'm excited to see what MOCs I can design.
    flightriskPapaBear
  • bpk2300bpk2300 Florida Member Posts: 242
    I’m slowly going through and bagging up sets the aren’t on display anymore. They are mostly polys :-x 

When I came out of my DA, I displayed everything. That became messy and untenable, so I stashed away most of my sets and cleaned up my displays.

My wife and I have our first kid on the way, which gave me the motivation to finally organize this stuff so that we can enjoy it properly together in the future. My progress so far, there’s much left to do:

Switchfoot55stlux560HeliportKungFuKennyvanvonfullKLOKRIECHER
    Finally heard back from my last BL order and got an invoice. Turns out he was camping and forgot to update his page to indicate possible delays. I figured it was something along those lines as he was so quick to respond to a previous message before I put my order in. He offered to reduce shipping costs to make up for it.  

As i'm sure it will be a few months until my B&P order ships, I'm in no rush. Just glad it all worked out!
    560HeliportCymbeline
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 5,394
    And in which case I’d suggest going “commando” ;-)
    560Heliport
    If it's too hot to build, it's certainly too hot for underwear!
    Astrobricksgmonkey76
  • CymbelineCymbeline CanadaMember Posts: 543
    Thanks to LEGO the minifigs always have a choice:
    560HeliportKungFuKennygmonkey76BumblepantsBrickfan50KLOKRIECHER
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 5,394
    How come the one with underwear is blurred?
    560Heliportgmonkey76vanvonfullMynattandhe
    edited August 2020
    I suppose one could fashion a loincloth from Pirates sails and strings... 😁
    andhe
  • OdeinoichusOdeinoichus CanadaMember Posts: 361
    edited August 2020
    Building the Parisian Restaurant has been very enjoyable, until this last steps. I find myself with a spare sand green brick, and can't for the life of me figure out if I missed a step or there's supposed to be a spare brick?

Does anybody know if this is supposed to be spare or did I miss a step in the loft?

Really wish they'd make it clear where to place bricks when building these creator experts instead of showing a parts list and then you have to figure out where you're supposed to put the parts.

EDIT: Never mind. It turns out I missed the brick that's supposed to go under the planters. UGH, this is what happens when you start building something and the cat comes in to sit on your piles of parts and tries to chew them while You're building. Darn cat.
    560HeliportAstrobricksKungFuKennyflightriskpanchox1bpk2300HugeBlueBrick
  • CymbelineCymbeline CanadaMember Posts: 543
    @Astrobricks The boxer shorts minifig was kind of shy so I had to snap the picture just as he bolted. The other minifig offered several different poses and I finally had to to throw a cloth over him before he got the hint...
    560HeliportAstrobricksKungFuKennySwitchfoot55Bumblepants
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,802
    Well, it’s too hot to build 😉
    Sounds like time to build #70809
    KungFuKenny
  • flightriskflightrisk USAMember Posts: 209
    @Modeltrainman.  Beyond the Brick is one of my favorite sites.  You never know what you will get to see there.  I can see why they chose you for an interview.   You thought of a good concept.  Pretty impressive sir.  
    panchox1Modeltrainman
    Picked up my AT AT today. Got the message and rushed down to my local store before closing time.
    panchox1KungFuKennyGothamConstructionCo
  • AfoltvAfoltv California Member Posts: 33
    Created a LEGO Microscale Subway Train Tutorial!! Hope you guys like it: 

https://youtu.be/tex9rpqgOvk
    panchox1dpa1CharmiefcbKLOKRIECHER
    Funny how 'redundancy' isn't really a term utilized in the US.  Although, I've never heard of a 'downsizing' pool.
    @Modeltrainman.  Beyond the Brick is one of my favorite sites.  You never know what you will get to see there.  I can see why they chose you for an interview.   You thought of a good concept.  Pretty impressive sir.  
    Wow, thank you for the kind words! I definitely can't take most of the credit, though, I just designed and built it.
    @Switchfoot55 Happy Birthday! 
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 2,250
    SumoLego said:
    Funny how 'redundancy' isn't really a term utilized in the US.  Although, I've never heard of a 'downsizing' pool.
    The make a job role redundant. Everyone at that level goes in the pool and a number removed.
    SumoLegoKungFuKenny
  • AfoltvAfoltv California Member Posts: 33
    NEW TUTORIAL! I have always loved the LEGO RV Camper Set, but thought it could use a few additions… so, I made it longer, added a kitchen (including a stove, sink, and fridge!), added a new side door, solar panels on the top, and extra storage!

KungFuKennyKLOKRIECHER
    Lego is alot less stressful than sports. Happy my spending spree to cheer me up if we lost won't be put into action.
    dpa1KungFuKenny