Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• Penkid11Penkid11 Member Posts: 787
    Had a Bionicle knowledge fight with a friend. I came out victorious knowing that Tahu and Takanuva were two totally different Toa.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,263
    Just finished building the VW bus. Every time I build something like this it makes me love LEGO more. Just a really cool little model. Really don't like those clear stickers that go on the rear windows though. You get one try to get it on and have it be clear. If you let part of it stick when not aligned and you have to peel it off, the part that touched immediately looks "clouded" where the adhesive was disturbed.
  • tdhbrtdhbr Member Posts: 188
    Big relief. For a week my 8-year-old son thought he lost a baggie full of minifigs he took to play with during his big brother's tae kwon don class. Today big brother asked if the silver sword was in there - and younger son dissolved into tears. Mom asks what the problem is, then goes and digs in a bin in younger son's room and comes back with the baggie. Including the sword.
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,939
    I finished the main frame and lower pieces for the UCS MF today and then I realised...where the hell is it going to go, it's huge!
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    edited September 2012
    ^This is the reason why I hesitate to start building my MF, even though its just sitting there ready and waiting. Being nearly 3 ft long by 2 ft wide, its the size of a small child laying on a table.

@tdhbr nice story to start the day =)

Was half way through building UCS R2-D2 and came upon Clone Wars Season 3 Ep. 8 titled 'Evil Plans'. It starred R2-D2 and C3-PO in one of the most hilarious SW scene ever. Terrific episode and example of CW at its best. Felt great to watch R2 and build him simultaneously (fantastic build experience also).
    ^ which scene was it that you thought was the best? R2 at the droid salon?
    ^Yes exactly! The juxtaposing of R2 going to the droid spa salon and getting a make over while his buddy C3PO is being tied up in chains and tortured for information. Hahaha that scene made me laugh so hard.
    Don't forget the Jorgun fruit!
    ^That was a good one! Lol! Season 3 is a big jump in quality, both script and animation. Can't wait for S4 release in a couple weeks.
    Just the top plates of cladding to do on my UCS MF, and I can't help thinking, is this the Lego SW "Concorde" set? Will we ever see another SW set to top this in size, build complexity and number of pieces? There is absolutely nothing else i'm after in the forseeable except the Rancor set in 2013.
  • beegeedeebeegeedee Galway, IrelandMember Posts: 380
    Well, my birthday was Monday and I got 5 lego sets in total, including one in particular that I really wanted.

One of the the highlights was this cake and the little minifigs made for it. We have a friend who runs a cake decoration business and she helped with the heads and hands of the figs (which are edible) but my wife did the rest. And it tastes good too. in fact, It's amazing.

The bricks are rice crispy squares covered in coloured icing.

Had to share.
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,769

Just the top plates of cladding to do on my UCS MF, and I can't help thinking, is this the Lego SW "Concorde" set? Will we ever see another SW set to top this in size, build complexity and number of pieces? There is absolutely nothing else i'm after in the forseeable except the Rancor set in 2013.

Crumbs, you've done well. You did take photos during the build right?
    Flump: No photos taken. Plenty of "Lego blindness" were I searched high and low for certain pieces only to take some time out and find said pieces right next to me. I was as organised as I could be, with about 200 different clip lock bags containing either a single part type or the odd 2 or 3. I discovered a mistake in the manual I had printed off which has made me think initially I had lost some pieces, but the manual has just had me using them incorrectly. I have some 11 hole rounded end straight technic beams and the the 9 hole variant. The 9 hole variant is a must for holding up the front underside plating that goes between the mandibles. One of the gun turret assemblies has instructions to also use the 9 hole piece. As I built the gun turrets first, I then appeared to have the 11 hole variants going spare and no 9 hole variants for the mandible adjacent plating. Now that I actually come to add in the gun turret, the 11 hole variant isn't too long, so i've swapped them over. I have double checked the manual and it's wrong.

I am missing a few pieces that I absolutely know were saved for the project, so they'll be kicking around the mancave somewhere, but weren't critical to the main structure to stop me building.

I have all day tomorrow to complete it before i'm off to Mexico on my hols and would otherwise have to leave it unfinished for 2 weeks.

For anyone else bricklinking this for their own satisfaction, and not to sell, there are so many pieces I already had in altrnative colours that would not be seen externally. I probably could've done this £100 chaper doing it that way.
  • dino_girldino_girl LondonMember Posts: 107
    On the bus to get my 3 for 2 sets from Argos
    On the bus to get my 3 for 2 sets from Argos
    I'm a happy afol! My vampire castle arrived I got some cmf s8 no doubles and ok the all clear from the hospital! Good day around
  • caperberrycaperberry LondonMember Posts: 2,226
    The perils of Lego... have not cleared away the empty Amazon boxes littering my flat. Walked through holding a model and managed to somehow knock a box in between my legs, fell straight forward. Must have looked hilarious. The model remained intact, my knees less so.
  • AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    Getting ready to take apart a bunch of Pharoah's Quest and Lord of The Rings sets that will end up in the bulk Lego.
  • Si_UKNZSi_UKNZ NZMember Posts: 4,179
    My son's really digging the LOTR minifigs.
    He loves spiders too, so might get him Shelob for his second birthday :)
    "No kids, I have no idea where your Club Magazines have gone."
  • caperberrycaperberry LondonMember Posts: 2,226
    ^ Baaaaad Dad! Did the rest go inside?
    It did actually. :-)

Run out of paint though. Grrrrrrrrr.
    Just found out minimum wage is going to increase in January... >:)
  • gifinimgifinim UKMember Posts: 174
    Built the 3178 Seaplane last night, and was very impressed with the build for such a small set. The only problem is I want one of the bigger planes now!
  • LegopantsLegopants GermanyMember Posts: 2,048
    Just built the MonsterFighters Werewolf set.
    Oh, and getting very very excited about flying over to Steam at the weekend :-)
    murphquake
  • AySeaAySea Member Posts: 63
    Installed my Warehouse model in the Cardiff LEGO store's LUG Showcase yesterday; http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/8050442267/in/set-72157630466778386/
    This is my first model to go into a LUG Showcase, and my first to be put on display somewhere other than the internet or at work =D
    murphquake
  • RomanticWarriorRomanticWarrior United StatesMember Posts: 248
    Off to the LEGO store tonight for Christmas shopping haul #1 (double VIP)
    Got 2 new light bley doors for Cafe Corner the other week and stashed them away at the time. Spent 1 hour last night and 30 minutes this morning looking for them with no luck. Soo frustrating...
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367

Got 2 new light bley doors for Cafe Corner the other week and stashed them away at the time. Spent 1 hour last night and 30 minutes this morning looking for them with no luck. Soo frustrating...

What do you need two for? I resigned myself to never replacing my black framed one, since I would rather focus on getting other goodies.

On that note, I finally bit the bullet and found a decent deal on a Green Grocer. It arrived today at work and I have a very exciting evening planned.
    edited October 2012
    ^I actually have 3 of them now, the other one is used in my CC. The 2 new ones were still sealed in identical original bags (SpongeBob #3833) and bought on eBay as unknown bulk lots for $19 shipped (including 2 left opening ones). Figured I would sell both and have the rest of bricks left for free. I hope they surface sooner than later. Just hoping I didn't accidentally toss them with other trash and packing materials =(
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,912
    Is this a good deal for $55?

^You do see all those Mos Eisley Cantina parts, don't you?
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,912
    I know nothing about SW. But the green lizard thing was the first thing I Bricklink'ed.
    Should've built the complete set. Resells for $70+
    6 days into my 2 week Mexico holiday, it's peeing it down today and wishing I could be finishing off my UCS MF, which has all the top plating left to do except the mandibles and one of the side tunnel bits (not the ramp side). Only 40 mins to Newcastle's UEFA Cup game to watch in the sports bar. I read somewhere here that Amazon.it had a UCS SSD for £167, but can't see anyone say they got one at that price.
    ^Funny how you can be on a fantastic vacation filled with paradise and exciting sports. Yet, lamenting the lost time that can be spent on the living room floor building with Lego. I'm in the same boat, wishing I could spend a couple free weeks on my UCS MF instead of making plans to go to Bali.

Only consolation for being stuck in the office on a glorious late summer day in southern California was that I finished off my Batman minifig collection by getting the Wave 1 Poison Ivy, Catwoman, Bane, Riddler and Harley. Superheros Unite!
  • StompingFreakStompingFreak United KingdomMember Posts: 59
    ripped my nail in half trying to spilt some 1x1 bricks...
  • littletokilittletoki Member Posts: 517
    Sorting Lego while watching "The Adventures of Buckaroo Bonzai Across the 8th Dimension".

murphquake
  • AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    Listening to hubby talk to himself while he builds the alternate build on set 8069 wishing the hip pain would go away so I could sit for more than five minutes and build.
    edited October 2012
    ^^I'd never heard of that so I had to google it.
    Its banzai not bonzai by the way .. I was wondering how a bonzai could have adventures.

Looks good (in an 80s retro kinda way), will watch it later :)
  • AnthonyC173AnthonyC173 Member Posts: 101
    just built the PoC mill, i'm really enjoying it and took the mill, put the piece 4278275 from superheroes batwing battle over gotham on the side, and spun it like a top
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,734
    Finally bought a minifig from @savage_steel :-)
    MinifigsMe
  • gifinimgifinim UKMember Posts: 174
    Killing time till I can leave work and start building my HH
    edited October 2012
    Nearly built my Falcon today..........but didn't! :-(
  • BJ21BJ21 Hampshire, UKMember Posts: 32
    Not many students end up in a toy shop with their Mum. But even fewer have Mums who's eyes widen when they see the LOTR sets, exclaim "You never told me about these!" and "That's your Christmas sorted". I did tell her about them when they were first announced, but I didn't bring that up ;)
    Matthew
    gutted that im missing steam but went to legoland as consolation since it was on the way :) ... magnets there are half price btw including indiana jones
  • sirrich69sirrich69 Member Posts: 473
    Went to steam, had a great day, lots of truley fantastic models and met loads of the brickset posse. Nice to put names to faces, even though I was talking about James, and he was standing right next to me. Size 11's put back in the cupboard.

Impressed with @kevbags shoes.
    I built MF werewolf with dino jr today and I got series 8 diver just 2 more to complete it
    I've decided next year I'm going to Steam come hell or High water
    rich69 said:

Nice to put names to faces, even though I was talking about James, and he was standing right me.

A good job you weren't saying anything bad. "But I thought James bought that?" "I am James." Great big Brickset badge and lanyard round my neck with the name 'James' written on it. Was a funny moment.

Ten minutes from leaving home to go back with the kids. Might bump into you @Kempo81.
  • ErnstErnst Member Posts: 133
    Taking apart and bagging up several sets to make space for new ones.