Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• CharmiefcbCharmiefcb SydneyMember Posts: 275
    I just got home from the US after cutting short my trip. Just before we took off the 14 day self isolation 'law' went into effect. Anyone coming into Australia has toself isolate for 2 weeks. That's great for me. I have a lot of sets to catch up on. I was terrified they were going to cancel the flight when they said they had an important announcement. Ah well. Home now.
    KungFuKenny560Heliportpanchox1Snizzlebutts
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,362
    Well my flights back to Bulgaria are cancelled and I woke up with a sore throat. Time to pop the seals on my UCS Falcon. Now or never!
    KungFuKennyPyrobugSumoLegoMr_CrossPumpkin_3CK5gmonkey76WatfordScottyMMynatt
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,775
    SumoLego said:
    I'm kinda afraid to see what a Ninjago 'Knife' would look like.  Maybe a bat'leth?
    I see a Star Trek reference, and I click like - it's a simple life that I lead.

In other news we're not yet isolating (the UK is 'experimenting') but it will mean sod all to me as I WFH anyway...
    KungFuKenny
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Deep in the Heart of TexasMember Posts: 1,095
    Well my flights back to Bulgaria are cancelled and I woke up with a sore throat. Time to pop the seals on my UCS Falcon. Now or never!
    (Peer pressure chorus of) "Do it! Do it!"
    Bumblepants560HeliportPyrobugstluxMr_Crossgmonkey76
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,775
    Well, it turns out that we are isolating, but not closing schools. I foresee a lot of frustrated older folk being confined to their own homes though...
  • eMJeeNLeMJeeNL The NetherlandsMember Posts: 529
    The Netherlands did just that: close the schools. Also all people in non-essential jobs are expected to work from home as much as possible, and avoid (social) contact. Contact with "vulnerable" people is to be avoided at all cost.

Basically means our 2 boys are at home for at least until the 6th of april, and I have to work at home for the same period.
    My wife is a paramedic, so she has to be at her best; fortunately my employer is very accommodating.

All the best too all affected!
    KungFuKennyBrickfan50MaffyD
    edited March 16
    Wish I could "work from home" (which would mean playing Xbox and building Lego) but my job doesn't allow for that-- instead I get the privilege of dressing up like Jude Law from "Contagion" !
    PyrobugSwitchfoot55SumoLegoBumblepantseMJeeNLgmonkey76VorpalRyuCymbeline
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,905
    Watch out for bats!
    KungFuKennygmonkey76VorpalRyu
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,362
    (Peer pressure chorus of) "Do it! Do it!"
    Bag 1 complete! 
    560HeliportKungFuKennyeMJeeNLPyrobugbandit778Mr_Crossgmonkey76MaffyDMynatt
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,991
    Seeing as I've got a bit more time on my hands thought I might catch up on the 320 pages of unread messages in this thread... 😆 
    LegoboyKungFuKenny560HeliportSumoLegoBumblepants
  • Jern92Jern92 MalaysiaMember Posts: 831
    So almost everything will be shut here for the next 2 weeks, and I'll be working from home for all of it. Unfortunately I am expected to actually sit in front of my laptop during working hours, but at least I get to watch Netflix/build Lego in the slow times.
    KungFuKenny560HeliportSumoLego
    edited March 17
    Patiently waiting for Frozen 2 to conclude so I can continue binging Picard...

Disney Operas are so sing-songy.

- Note to self, turn off the camera on the laptop.  Just in case some IT guy has a setting to check up on remote employees.  I don't need a 45 minute video of me sleeping circulating the InterWebs-
    mustang69VorpalRyu560HeliportCymbelineKungFuKennyJern92snowhitie
  • mustang69mustang69 North CarolinaMember Posts: 462
    @SumoLego I physically covered my laptop camera with a piece of paper and tape just to be sure. ;)
    560HeliportdatsunrobbieSumoLegoBumblepantsandheJern92
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,481
    Today - disappointed that Debenhams in Ipswich has new sets from all themes except Ninjago.  Given the state of the company recently I'm not sure they will still be trading next time I am near one as I start working from home for an indefinite period tomorrow.  (The assistant who served my even mentioned that they are reducing trading hours to 10-5 from tomorrow).  So I was forced to get the Hidden Side shrimp shack at 30% off so as to not waste the voucher I had hanging around from my birthday!
    560HeliportBumblepantsandhe
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,524
    ^There will be a few businesses that will go bust during this lock down....

At least the GOV are providing cheap bridging loans to try and keep businesses afloat and to allow them to pay staff until business can resume....

The idea is to cover mortgage and rental payments until business resumes.

Good luck to everyone..... 
    panchox1KungFuKennySumoLego
    Our local Lego store (Barton Creek) is closed for the next 10 days... maybe if I show them how much I’ve spent in the last 12 months they will allow me in for a private shopping trip? :-)
    SumoLego560Heliportandhe
    Victor, New York LEGO Store is closed until March 28th, as well.
    KungFuKenny
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 1,599
    The Mall of America is closing at 5 today, through the end of the month, at least.
    SumoLego
  • madejp86madejp86 IllinoisMember Posts: 275
    Wife has never really been a huge fan of Lego, especially buying so much of it. It has always been why the hell do u want/need so much. Our little man is 4 almost 5 and he loves Lego Trains. I got a used High Speed Passenger Train and brand new Cargo Train from 2014 for cheap and he has been playing with it like crazy lately. Of course, he bugs Daddy to build two sets of tracks so he can run both trains. Yesterday morning, the wife was super pissed that she had to clean up the build from the night before stating Lego is fricking everywhere! Last evening, she decides that since little man is stuck at home to get him the Lego City Passenger Train since he has been eyeing it for months. Really I get yelled at in the morning and in the evening it's a complete 180. Now what the hell do I do with the Harry Potter Train and the additional High Speed Passenger Train I got him earlier this month...
    JudgeChuckpxchrispanchox1
  • maniacmaniac Yorkshire, UKMember Posts: 822
    edited March 19
    Completed Series 1 of the LEGO DOTS 'Extra Dot' packs. Only took 4 (3 at random).

pxchrisstlux
  • bpk2300bpk2300 Florida Member Posts: 139
    ^ I must say I'm digging the aesthetic of the Lego Dots line, especially the cosmic poo
    Yo_dA
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 839
    maniac said:
    Completed Series 1 of the LEGO DOTS 'Extra Dot' packs. Only took 4 (3 at random).

So, is it confirmed that it's just a total of these 16 different prints in the packs? I don't think I've heard anywhere exactly what the total was.
  • panchox1panchox1 The Outer RimMember Posts: 405
    I haven't seen any dots stuff in my area yet.
    edited March 19
    Went out to get some COVID essentials yesterday... hard to pass up #11011 since it averaged 1.8 cents per piece...

Mr_CrossPyrobuggmonkey76snowhitie
    NICE! Been looking for that one too with no luck. In other news, got a notification that my PaB order shipped. So that's cool.
    KungFuKennyMr_Cross
    panchox1 said:
    NICE! Been looking for that one too with no luck. In other news, got a notification that my PaB order shipped. So that's cool.

Walmart had it on an end cap (for $28 I believe)...
    panchox1
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 1,599
    At that price, it's essential!
    KungFuKenny
    edited March 19
    panchox1 said:

yeah, not at my Walmart. been looking for weeks. But my rural Walmart is usually a few weeks behind so it may show up.
  • CymbelineCymbeline CanadaMember Posts: 209
    I just placed my order for the Book Shop and B & P's and got the train GWP and double points. I was so happy that I was able to get the anniversary train - I was afraid that it would be sold out. When #10270 arrives I'm going to build it very s-l-o-w-l-y as I'm self-isolating and want the fun to last a little longer to combat the boredom. Last month I bought the first 5 books of Game Of Thrones so that's Plan B. 
    KungFuKenny
  • maniacmaniac Yorkshire, UKMember Posts: 822
    edited March 20
    pxchris said:
    maniac said:

So, is it confirmed that it's just a total of these 16 different prints in the packs? I don't think I've heard anywhere exactly what the total was.
    Yes 16. They are all printed on the packet front.

Also the part number for all 16 is the same:
    https://brickset.com/parts/6299968/flat-tile-1x1-round-no-135

pxchris
    Cymbeline said:
    I just placed my order for the Book Shop and B & P's
    Is Bricks and Pieces back up and running?
  • jnscoelhojnscoelho PortugalMember Posts: 493
    maniac said:
    pxchris said:
    maniac said:

Yes 16. They are all printed on the packet front.

Also the part number for all 16 is the same:
    https://brickset.com/parts/6299968/flat-tile-1x1-round-no-135

Yeah, I found that out the bad way... Thought I was ordering all 16 of them, since that's what the pictures shows, and then only 1 arrived... lol Stupid me!
    Still, I'm just missing one, the second from the right on the top row of the image.
  • CymbelineCymbeline CanadaMember Posts: 209
    @panchox1 I had a B & P's order selected in my bag for a week or two waiting for double points before I finalized my order. I wondered at the time whether it would go through but it seems that it has because I received an acknowledgement. I think it's just closed to new orders.
  • vanvonfullvanvonfull washingtonMember Posts: 78
    panchox1 said:
    panchox1 said:

yeah, not at my Walmart. been looking for weeks. But my rural Walmart is usually a few weeks behind so it may show up.
    Thanks for the heads up, I had to wander a bit but I found one I think mine was $32?

I felt like Lloyd Christmas getting ‘just the essentials’ in this time of panic: 
    $6 in burritos
    $80 in Lego. 
    KungFuKenny
  • flightriskflightrisk USAMember Posts: 140
    Just placed a good size order from a very nice lady at LEGO [email protected]  Should keep me building and blazing for a few weeks.   Finally got the bookshop.  Was going to wait and get it with the next promo but it’s already on back order.   OOS could happen so - it’s ordered, no more waiting.  

CS rep said the train promo was OOS but it shows as processing.  Maybe I’ll get another one.   Still have the Taj Mahal to start tonite.  
  • flightriskflightrisk USAMember Posts: 140
    This is different, my order was placed today but shows yesterday’s date.   When I called to check on this I was told that both promos (train and dots) are OOS (but are still showing up as an order).   So I may not get any promo at all, not even the 2xVIP.   Weird.  But we’ll see how it plays out I guess.  
  • ModeltrainmanModeltrainman In the Disney Infinity Toybox, Windows, or digging through LEGO parts in the USA.Member Posts: 535
    Sorting, and putting together old sets to get my collection organized.
    flightrisk
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,651
    Phew! I've had the time to update two BrickLists...

Sets Designed by Marcos Bessa
    https://brickset.com/sets/list-10331

LEGO BrickHeadz (Chronological Order)
    https://brickset.com/sets/list-21991
    KungFuKennyBrickfan50
  • jnscoelhojnscoelho PortugalMember Posts: 493
    Adzbadboy said:

Your second link is sending me to Flickr and to some Hidden Side stuff if I click on it...
  • GrannyLEGOGrannyLEGO FloridaMember Posts: 151
    Mr_Cross said:
    I think we need a word for non-LEGO collectors/fans/enthusiasts, like Muggle is to Wizard. I don't really mind being referred to as an AFOL, but for balance, I'd like a word/name to use for our non-magical folk. I propose 'Noffler' (Not a Fan of LEGO) to be used in sentences thus:

"I buy a lot of LEGO, not as much as some but substantially more than your average Noffler, however, I've realised that what I actually collect is dust!"

or

"A Noffler just asked me whether I was too old to play with LEGO, so I flung some SNOT at him!"
    A good thing I was here at my computer and not at my work desk with dozens of bricks all over it as I just sprayed coffee all over the place when I read that. My very own Noffler is a dear and would not openly say that last (he might think it) but the first is probably true!
    SumoLegoMr_Cross
    edited March 22
    Mr_Cross said:
    I propose 'Noffler'...
    NAFOL

Rhymes with 'Awful'. 

Derogatory and descriptive - perfect for someone that wouldn't know they're being derided.

(Many of us would just use the term 'spouse'.)

I also like the term 'Luggite'.  Derived from luddite, but incorporates (ironically) a reference to LEGO user groups.

And I would personally use Anti-Brickite, but that's due to my unhealthy obsession with all things Seinfeld.  Tim Watley is definitely an anti-brickite.
    KungFuKennyBumblepantsMr_Crossjmeninnosnowhitie
  • GrannyLEGOGrannyLEGO FloridaMember Posts: 151
    SumoLego said:
    Mr_Cross said:
    I propose 'Noffler'...
    NAFOL

Rhymes with 'Awful'. 

Derogatory and descriptive - perfect for someone that wouldn't know they're being derided.

(Many of us would just use the term 'spouse'.)

I also like the term 'Luggite'.  Derived from luddite, but incorporates (ironically) a reference to LEGO user groups.

And I would personally use Anti-Brickite, but that's due to my unhealthy obsession with all things Seinfeld.  Tim Watley is definitely an anti-brickite.
    Some of your terms certainly would work well for some of the non-LEGO fans but they are derogatory and not all Nofflers are anti-LEGO they just don't understand the obsession although they may actually have different obsessions of their own!
    Mr_CrossSumoLego
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,651
    edited March 22
    jnscoelho said:
    Adzbadboy said:

Your second link is sending me to Flickr and to some Hidden Side stuff if I click on it...
    Thanks @jnscoelho, very bizarre...let's try again! (@Huw anything you can do on your end?)

https://brickset.com/bricklists/author-AdeelZubair
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,579
    Started on the Bookshop modular yesterday evening. My daughter and I are doing a bag an evening to prolong the build and just having fun together.
    Her school has set up a weekly build challenge, details on a sunday and you have until the Friday to build and then post photos. This week is the tallest tower and your name in bricks....we're trying to combine the two, a tower made up of our names!
    bpk2300PyrobugTheOriginalSimonBKungFuKennyCymbelineGothamConstructionCo
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 1,850
    I've decided to take some of the extra time during this lockdown to sort my bulk collection into parts instead of by color. Half of my bulk was already sorted by color and then parts, so it's been pretty easy to redistribute the rest into parts. I'm about 75% of the way through the first 50% of the bulk. 

My current storage solution is plastic baggies. I'll need to rethink that in the near future as I've graduated several part sorts from snack baggies to sandwich baggies to gallon baggies. Definitely time for some nicer bins I think!
    KungFuKennyBumblepantsPyrobugdatsunrobbie
  • Blockwork_OrangeBlockwork_Orange ON, CanadaMember Posts: 48
    ^^^How about: "Doesn't Understand My Brick (or Building) Obsession"

DUMBO for short!
    panchox1
  • ModeltrainmanModeltrainman In the Disney Infinity Toybox, Windows, or digging through LEGO parts in the USA.Member Posts: 535
    @Switchfoot55 I'm sorting by color first. Why exactly is that frowned upon, heavily?