Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,154
    Feeling responsible, got 12 more storage tubs today instead of more bricks.
    560HeliportKungFuKennySwitchfoot55panchox1bandit778Jennigmonkey76bpk2300catwrangler
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,447
    Was in London so dropped in to Leicester Square. Needed to pick up a small London bus and Lester for a work mate and managed to get the lucky cat brickheadz for me. Was heaving though as its half term.
  • SalamalexSalamalex UKMember Posts: 277
    edited February 20
    I may have committed a cardinal sin. I’ve just built 21041 - Great Wall of China and, being in need of brown brick for a MOC and noticing six lovely brown rorys, (should that be ‘ies’?) I replaced them with red ones. Can I still call it a set?  
    VorpalRyuPyrobugbandit778
  • PyrobugPyrobug Louisville, KyMember Posts: 149
    Salamalex said:
    I may have committed a cardinal sin. I’ve just built 21041 - Great Wall of China and, being in need of brown brick for a MOC and noticing six lovely brown rorys, (should that be ‘ies’?) I replaced them with red ones. Can I still call it a set?  
    When I built #10266 Lunar Lander, there was a step where I had to create two stacks of two 35480 1x2 plate rounded. When I tried to put two of those pieces together, they sprung away from each other, sending one flying. I still haven't found that part. Because I didn't have any extras of that part in my collection at the time, I replaced one of the rounded 1x2 plates in each of the two stacks with regular 1x2 plates. At this point, I have a few extras of 35480 in light bluish grey but haven't gotten around to fixing my substitution on the Lander but I absolutely still consider it a set especially because my fix isn't visible from the exterior of the completed build. That one small change sure didn't take it from set status to MOC status.
    Salamalex
  • klintonklinton CanadaMember Posts: 922
    I nic parts I need from sets all the time. I always make sure to note it though, and tuck a written note in the ziploc that contains the set, detailing exactly what parts I've taken and where they were used. I would be completely screwed if I didn't keep track.
    SalamalexBrickfan50
  • RecceRecce Tiny Little Red DotMember Posts: 915
    edited February 21
    There are a few times when I swap parts in a set I'm building, namely those that I have limited quantity of and which I can use in MOC builds.

However I only limit the swappings on City sets and those non-exclusive sets, or small & medium sets which I have duplicates of. The swapped parts also need to be hidden from view in the finished model. 

I wouldn't call it a complete set anymore if it didn't have all the correct parts.

Recently when I sold around 10 of my used Uruk Hai sets, I consolidated all the parts from the parts list in the manual, just to be sure. That is the first and only time I sold a used set. 
    Salamalex
  • ModeltrainmanModeltrainman In the Disney Infinity Toybox, Windows, or digging through LEGO parts in the USA.Member Posts: 404
    My Casey Jr. project has made it to 217, and paused again, but it's better than nothing.
    Not a massive DC fan, but Little Miss Speedy fancied Wonderwoman, so I grabbed a couple of others too.
    They'll likely find a home on the rooftops of our modular. The clear angle stands are genius.
    GothamConstructionCoPyrobugcatwranglerJennisnowhitieFowlerBricksMooreFXMr_Cross
  • BastyBasty LondonMember Posts: 270
    Being the keen bean that I am, I went to my local toy shop to reserve myself a full box of series 20 CMFs for when they release in April. 
  • BrikingBriking Dorset, UKMember Posts: 751
    Finally got to the Southampton Lego Store yesterday.  Got the Book Store.  And they threw in a Xmas freebie that was left over.  Hope that’s not a reflection on the Southampton store!

In other news, my VIP had been wiped? New points system to make things better? Not sure that worked well!
  • madejp86madejp86 IllinoisMember Posts: 272
    Little man has been loving the Lego Trains later especially the High Speed Passenger train so I started looking for a train station but Lego has no made one in a while and the latest one is crazy high in price. Where is the new lego train station?
  • ModeltrainmanModeltrainman In the Disney Infinity Toybox, Windows, or digging through LEGO parts in the USA.Member Posts: 404
    I got my prize from @SumoLego, yesterday. #30247, #5004406 and #30543! Thanks Sumo!
    SumoLegoGothamConstructionCo
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Deep in the Heart of TexasMember Posts: 839
    Finally tracked down #41623 for a decent price and also ordered Donald, Goofy, and Pluto to add to my Disney BH...

panchox1BumblepantsPyrobugLostInTranslationMooreFX
    Decided I fancied the news stand set that was a build in store recently. Difficult to find a parts list thats readable, but I finally did, now making a BL wishlist ready for an order.
    panchox1KungFuKennyGothamConstructionCo
  • GrannyLEGOGrannyLEGO FloridaMember Posts: 84
    @bandit778 ... PICTURES PLEASE!
    Modeltrainmanpanchox1
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,895
    @bandit778 I have that set too!
    bandit778
  • CharmiefcbCharmiefcb SydneyMember Posts: 198

bandit778 said:
    Sunk to a new low today and will probably disgust a few purists with what I have
    I was expecting to read that you bought a Lepin set.

Anyway I might do one more Lego shop before I go to the US. Get those Jaguar Speed Champions cars. I saw them as I was shopping today and passed on them. One day next week I'd say.
    I did buy some Lego today. Just a couple of the smaller Creator sets. I really should stick to building the ones I already have and hold off buying new sets but I just have no will power. I walk past my local toy store and in I go.

VorpalRyu
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,055

bandit778 said:
    Sunk to a new low today and will probably disgust a few purists with what I have done.
    I was expecting to read that you bought a Lepin set.
    Steady on, no need to kick me while I'm down. ;)

@bandit778 I have that set too!
    Thanks for letting me know, it'll be nice to have someone to talk to at the support group.
    @bandit778 ... PICTURES PLEASE!
    Will do, I've just got to hide everyone's pitchforks first and leave a few instructions for someone to feed my cat. 
    VorpalRyuCymbeline
  • Baby_YodaBaby_Yoda The world's backsideMember Posts: 1,295
    My status is that I've returned to the forum after forgetting this place existed for two months. I'm getting ready to replace my avatar the moment the new figure is released.
    VorpalRyu560HeliportBumblepantsbpk2300Cymbelinegmonkey76Jenni
  • LordmoralLordmoral Puerto RicoMember Posts: 527
    Working and cleaning my LEGO CITY WORLD, the vision has expamded and I am now placing roads on a Desert Oasis, do you know of any piece that can work as a caldera in my factory?
    https://forum.brickset.com/discussion/30492/my-lego-city#latest
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,528
    @bandit778 I've got that Build-a-minion too, it's actually a pretty nice build. 
    bandit778
    I did my Lego shop today. I wanted potato chips as well so why not buy some Lego while I'm down at the shops? I finally got the Jaguar Speed Champions set. So 6 new sets this week that won't be built until I get back, along with the 30 or so others I have in my backlog.
  • OdeinoichusOdeinoichus CanadaMember Posts: 318
    I did my Lego shop today. I wanted potato chips as well so why not buy some Lego while I'm down at the shops? I finally got the Jaguar Speed Champions set. So 6 new sets this week that won't be built until I get back, along with the 30 or so others I have in my backlog.
    I feel slightly inadequate, I only have 9 sets I haven't built yet. I must be doing something wrong. LOL
    Charmiefcb
    Or you're doing something right. I didn't have a big backlog until the local toy store opened in a shopping centre I go to every few days. I'd keep seeing something I wanted and I like to see small business thrive and I would rather buy from a small business than a big chain store. My backlog went from around 3-5 sets at any one time to what I have now.
    I don't build fast enough, especially in summer as the Lego room gets so hot you can't stay in there for more than 30 minutes. Then Lego keep releasing sets that I would like to build. Like today the new Creator Fiat 500 was announced. Then when I get back from the US there will probably be new Star Wars sets and lord knows what else so off to Bondi Lego store I'll go. I just don't have the will power to say no. There needs to be an AA for people like me. AFOLs Anon.
    Odeinoichus560HeliportBaby_Yoda
  • OdeinoichusOdeinoichus CanadaMember Posts: 318
    Pre-Ordered The Razor's Quest. This year has been heavy on pre-ordering for my hobbies.
    KungFuKenny
    Went on a birthday spending spree in Southampton store. Mrs Speedy treated me to a few SW sets and the Bookstore.
    Treated Little Miss Speedy to a couple of the new Dots sets and got a couple of each of the GWP that started today.
    KungFuKennyPyrobugPJ76ukGothamConstructionCoMynattMooreFXsnowhitie
    @KungFuKenny, please do instructions!  
    A few days ago. I need to build the sets I have and not buy anymore.
    This morning after I finished what I needed to do. Ohhhhhh free Lego train with purchase. I'm going to the Lego store. Got the Fiat and a few random City sets and polybags.
  • benbacardibenbacardi EnglandMember Posts: 497
    Went on a birthday spending spree in Southampton store.
    You found poly bags at the Southampton store?!
    No, Mrs Speedy found them in our local Asda!
    benbacardiKungFuKenny
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,750
    Pre-Ordered The Razor's Quest. This year has been heavy on pre-ordering for my hobbies.
    I believe it’s The Razor Crest, unless you ordered something else :)
    panchox1
    @pxchris
    Seeing all of those Classic sets really warms my heart... which MOC won you the trophy?
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 666
    @pxchris
    Seeing all of those Classic sets really warms my heart... which MOC won you the trophy?
    Mine was the mostly yellow building with the red roof. It's a corner bar.

I pulled the corner panel with the brick printing which came from #6276 out of my parts and that was the seed for the rest of the build. I just knew I needed to use that specific part. I wanted to keep everything looking exactly like something I would have actually built in the 80s using period appropriate parts. I really wanted to go all in for the "classic" town feel to it. #nobley

It even had an interior (which you couldn't actually see on display at the show) and I build a couple of vehicles to go along with it too. Again, my goal was all "what would kid-me have built".

I was fairly pleased with how it turned out, but in no way did I expect to win a trophy at all for it!

Fun note on the trophy... our theme coordinator made some very specific color choices in the buildings... they match the classic LEGO logo color swatch. :-)

KungFuKennyLegopantsstluxsnowhitieGothamConstructionCoMaffyDbpk2300brickventures
  • panchox1panchox1 ColoradoMember Posts: 259
    Took advantage of a buy $50 get $10 off from Amazon. Was able to get another #60205 and 4 of the new white base plates. Along with the deal and some CC points, I saved 50% on it all.
    PyrobugKungFuKenny
    I opened and built the locomotive from #10219 today. Super surprised they put stickers across multiple pieces, because that means to ever use those pieces in anything else, the stickers will be destroyed.

BumblepantsPyrobugGothamConstructionCo
    I opened and built the locomotive from #10219 today. Super surprised they put stickers across multiple pieces, because that means to ever use those pieces in anything else, the stickers will be destroyed.

Ah, the dreaded STAMP!
    Pyrobug
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 1,161
    ^ and ^^ Well, it is supposed to represent a set from 40 years ago, right? :)
    @560Heliport , if that was to me, no, that's the Maersk Train...
    I actually prefer STAMP application to modern seperate stickers that you have to perfectly line up. A quick, careful incision with an x-acto knife and you can easily disassemble the set. It's far better the the stress of ensuring seperate decals are in line. I always dread applying those.
    ModeltrainmanPyrobug
    @klinton, interesting. How do you reuse stickers, should you want to rebuild the model? 

@klinton, interesting. How do you reuse stickers, should you want to rebuild the model? 

I leave them on. I slice the decal itself, between the bricks. I 'ruin' the decal, I suppose, but it prevents any chance of them tearing during storage. The rebuilt model looks perfectly fine.
    Pyrobug
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 1,161
    @Modeltrainman oops, I just assumed it was the current GWP! 
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,553
    Those better be insured.
    KungFuKennySwitchfoot55gmonkey76davetheoxygenman