Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• masterX244masterX244 GermanyMember Posts: 482
    Finished sorting my PAB haul....
  • Muftak1Muftak1 Somewhere cold, probably raining (aka Ireland)Member Posts: 504
    After quite a while of not doing anything Lego related, after helping my son build a Titanic set he got as a present, I got the bug again and so far have managed to finish my Mustang (my first large-size lego car), Aston Martin (My 2nd!), Saturn V and just at the weekend, the UCS B-Wing.

I still haven't even touch the UCS MilF that I got on release... Need to do a clearout of the Lego room - its been used as a dumping room for all things not lego. Mightn't be this weekend but the following weekend I should start making a dent. Hopefully...

May start on the UCS Helicarrier next...
    omniumsnowhitie
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 1,655
    ^Glad to hear it! 

Also, your comment is the first time I've thought of the SS for this year and it now has me super excited for Christmas to come!
    FizyxBumblepantsKungFuKenny
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 924
    No! It's August! No talk of Christmas!!! :)
    Switchfoot55
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 805
    No! It's August! No talk of Christmas!!! :)
    I was going to start quoting Christmas songs at you, but then I remembered that this morning it was 80 degrees and 90% humidity, and two days ago it was 108 degrees and like 75% humidity, and I felt physically sick when I started to sing 'It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas' to myself...  Can't winter come any faster please? <.<

• 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 924
    Oh, I don't mind winter... it's the overhyping of Christmas I could do without.
    gmonkey76
    To be clear, I'm an avid supporter of holidays having an official start and end date when it comes to celebrating them. I'm the first the grumbles about Costco putting our their Christmas decorations in September....

That said, when it comes to Lego, my mind is pretty much always geared toward my Winter Village, various projects, purchases, etc... And the SS falls right into that too!
    FizyxKungFuKenny
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,814
    Finally dug the Hogwarts Great Hall set out from behind the (possibly moth-infested) armchair in the back room. Haven't dared to pour it out yet, but I'm hoping the fact the moths appear to prefer the carpet means I won't encounter too many. 

Also, after thoroughly losing my temper earlier, I've finally managed to get signed into the new Lego.com and access my VIP points balance. It remains a drop in the ocean as far as the Tree House is concerned, but on the other hand, can I really let that thing pass me by? Perhaps that question is best revisited in a couple of months...
    KungFuKennyBumblepantsCasper_vd_Korf
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,263
    SumoLego said:
    Finally completed most of the reorganization of my hoard.  There are a bunch of you waiting on trade stuff and inventory lists - I'm just about there.  All of the polybags, keychains, 'build backlog', minifigures, odds-and-ends...
    I can't help but feel like I'm probably one of culprits responsible for you needing to do this... Sorry if that's the case. :(
    SumoLego
  • LegopantsLegopants GermanyMember Posts: 2,000
    The time has come to bag up #6868 - it's been on display in the man-cave for quite a while and I need the space for new sets.

SirBrickalotOfLegomadejp86FizyxFowlerBricksM1J0E
  • eMJeeNLeMJeeNL The NetherlandsMember Posts: 443
    Sacrificing ourselves to the Merlin gods and gone to Legoland today. Walked in towards The Big Shop and was surprised to see the full size McLaren Senna parked up. It's awesome.

Weren’t all the parks bought back by Lego recently?
    Fizyx
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,238
    Shib said:
    @Speedman29

where was that, I’m actually headed to north Wales for holiday next week.
    Plastic Crack Collectbles on Wellington Rd Rhyl. LL18 1BD. Its a few doors down from the KFC, they only take cash, but there is a a cashpoint a 100yds up the road.
    Bit belated, but thanks @Speedman29 I did find the shop and had a bit of a nose around. They did have a very interesting range of older LEGO sets which for the most part seemed pretty reasonably priced. The lad who was working there (evidently the owners son) was talking my ear off about LEGO and collecting - I mean that in a nice way, good to see a young lad with a bit of enthusiasm and customer service. 

I bought a small old bionicle set for a bit of nostalgia and to support them. 
    truck730snowhitieSpeedman29GothamConstructionCoAddicted2Oxygen
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 805
    snowhitie said:
    Watching TLM2 while starting on Apocalypsburg, a nice Thursday night.
    Bag 1 was a nice start!
    Managed to grab it at ~%27 off from Walmart.com the other day, but I've been traveling so I won't be able to pick it up until tomorrow night... super excited about it, it looks like such an amazing set by itself, and then the minifig selection is off the charts.
  • Gibbo1959Gibbo1959 Northumbria UKMember Posts: 288
    Status is happy to have S19 all acquired nice and early courtesy of Tesco and Smyths. Thanks @Legopants for the box distribution list - very helpful in Tesco even with a partially rummaged box, not so much in Smyths who’d put them all out on hooks. Took about 3 times longer to find last few.

Great series with a nice variety of figures and loads of accessories. Extra dogs essential. And for whoever asked, shower guy has bubbles around his bits. 
    snowhitieLegopantsFizyxmadejp86LittleLoriMooreFXSirBrickalotOfLegoAddicted2Oxygen
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,878
    Nice one @Gibbo1959. I was actually looking for a S19 thread but maybe there isn't one, so I'll just go here seeing as it's related to your post.

I just found out the fox girl was in the song clip as an extra on the TLM2 dvd. Not noticed that before.
    stluxAddicted2Oxygen
    So it's been confirmed the figured distribution order that @Legopants posted is the same for most/all cases?
  • Gibbo1959Gibbo1959 Northumbria UKMember Posts: 288
    So it's been confirmed the figured distribution order that @Legopants posted is the same for most/all cases?
    I can only confirm for the one box in Tesco, which had some signs of previous attention. I did LH side. Fire lady was not at front (was one I needed to track down today) but next 10 were as shown. Others might have been too but was running late, hence today’s trip to  Smyths for the rest.

snowhitie said:
    Nice one @Gibbo1959. I was actually looking for a S19 thread but maybe there isn't one, so I'll just go here seeing as it's related to your post.

Think S19 got mentioned in Leaks, then in Marketplace but not had it’s own thread. Is it too soon to start talking about S20 next year? 10th anniversary of CMFs etc. Mr Platinum chase figure? Only 1 for whole series! Series made up of one from each previous series? Other ideas, anyone?
    snowhitie
  • jnscoelhojnscoelho PortugalMember Posts: 400
    An iconic minifig from 20 LEGO themes.
    560Heliport
  • eMJeeNLeMJeeNL The NetherlandsMember Posts: 443
    Whoa. @FowlerBricks thread selling a [US] FS Incomplete #5976 led me to take a look into the Johnny Thunder sets - from when I was firmly into my dark ages. Those are cool, and with so many play features and stories in there.

Just another trap to fall into; let's try not to. Sorry Fowlerbricks!
    BumblepantsFowlerBricksKungFuKenny
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,240
    stlux said:
    Visited the Umeda Sky Building in Osaka today. Stumbled across this this 1:250 Lego model of the building displayed in their observation deck's souvenir shop:

They had a larger model of this building in Legoland Japan (Nagoya):

pxchrisFizyxKungFuKennyLego_StarsnowhitieAddicted2Oxygen
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Deep in the Heart of TexasMember Posts: 603
    edited August 30
    bandit778 said:
    snowhitie said:

I just found out the fox girl was in the song clip as an extra on the TLM2 dvd. Not noticed that before. 
    On the subject of the foxy lady, my chicken suit guy didn't seem overly pleased that she's been released. 
    Most guys wouldn't mind being chased by a foxy lady but I guess if you're a chicken... :-)
    bandit778madejp86Fizyx
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 1,974
    Most guys wouldn't mind being chased by a foxy lady but I guess if you're a chicken... :-)
    Being chased is okay, it's if you're caught that causes the issues. ;)
    KungFuKennyFizyx
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,363
    Its been a bit warm and I've been a bit too busy to do much recently. Picked up a few bits for odd projects and sets I fancied, they've all been piled up in odd places and finally taken over the table.
    So Friday night, TV on the tablet, whisky in the glass and I'm just going to work through so bits.
    snowhitieKungFuKennyBumblepantsFizyxPJ76ukbpk2300catwranglerGothamConstructionCo
    So Friday night, TV on the tablet, whisky in the glass and I'm just going to work through so bits. 
    Sounds like a perfect combination-- which whiskey?
    Whisky, it's Scotish single malt. Whiskey is the Irish version. It's an 18yr old Glenlivet I've just finished along with an open topped roadsters using the bargain 50p McLaren P1 speed champions set I bought a few weeks ago. A race truck from crushed box eBay bargain police car and I'm mid way through mashing an old RV camping section onto the rear of a Unimog snowplough that arrived from eBay this morning.
    KungFuKenny
    Found a few mismatches between my index and the part storage. some  useful parts managed to hide due to that....
    Whisky, it's Scotish single malt. Whiskey is the Irish version. It's an 18yr old Glenlivet I've just finished along with an open topped roadsters using the bargain 50p McLaren P1 speed champions set I bought a few weeks ago. A race truck from crushed box eBay bargain police car and I'm mid way through mashing an old RV camping section onto the rear of a Unimog snowplough that arrived from eBay this morning.
    Ahhh...maybe the Irish brought the extra "e" with them to the States...
    Speedman29
    Added some more moon surface around the Apollo 11 lander. (yes i know that i forgot to put the flag down for the pic....)
    Had a shortage on gray plates for using for the studded parts, somehow most of mine are blocked by the star wars ships
    KungFuKennybpk2300FizyxM1J0EcatwranglerAddicted2Oxygen
  • Lego_StarLego_Star ... in a galaxy far, far away.Member Posts: 2,147
    Wondering if bumblepants bonus ball draw will rollover again tonight or will ten more people enter between now and 8.15*pm when it is drawn, meaning it will be won?

* time may not be accurate, I think the draw is at 8.20pm but saying 5 mins earlier just to be safe.
    BumblepantsSumoLego
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,949
    Lego_Star said:
    Wondering if bumblepants bonus ball draw will rollover again tonight or will ten more people enter between now and 8.15*pm when it is drawn, meaning it will be won?

* time may not be accurate, I think the draw is at 8.20pm but saying 5 mins earlier just to be safe.
    Have we really lost that many forum users? These used to fill up and spill over really fast. 
    SumoLego
    The continued sifting through the LEGO pile (with a large glass of red wine as the Whisky was finished last night!) has revealed a bag bit with an unknown origin. After I'd pulled the weird none LEGO building blocks out and a couple of farm yard trees I was left with a pair of flat train wagon bases (the 70s ones with the red and blue magnet ends) and this pile of Bionicle.
    I have no idea about Bionicle parts, the last lot I had got chucked on ebay in a 2kg bulk lot and netted me a few quid. But it was a lot of hassle with the buyer being very fussy for some reason, and theres not as mush here. Before I waste my time there is anyone interested? Any Bionicle fans out there recognise any parts?
    FowlerBricks
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,188
    VorpalRyu said:
    SumoLego said:
    Finally completed most of the reorganization of my hoard.
    I can't help but feel like I'm probably one of culprits responsible for you needing to do this... Sorry if that's the case. :(
    Um, my lovely wife is partially to 'blame'.  The primary culprit is some knucklehead named @SumoLego that can't remember what is in his hoard.  (And his plan to conquer the rest of his basement failed miserably...)
    Lego_StarBumblepantsgmonkey76Mr_Cross
  • OdeinoichusOdeinoichus CanadaMember Posts: 294

I am currently in the process of re-organizing how I store my sets since I can't display them all at this time. For a good decade or so I stored them fully constructed in Ziplock bags. This has turned out to be one of the worst ideas for two reasons:

1) Storing LEGO fully built or partially demolished easily to re-assemble limits the available space in the storage bins.

2) I now have at least several tree elements which have broken, three or four of the harder to come by orange/dark red coloured elements from The Hobbit/The Lord of the Rings. BaP has them listed as out of stock when I search by set number. On top of this my Holiday set from the LEGO Store... I think Valentine's Picnic had one of the light green plant elements completed shred itself somehow. I have no idea how, or if this is a result of plants from plants. Thankfully I still have Plants from Plants which allows me to swap in those elements which were made commonly available, but now I'm going to have to keep an eye on BaP for those harder to get plants. Considering the Tree House just came out I'm amazed that colour was out of stock, since that set has loads of those plant elements included and having to replace them seems to be something LEGO would have available at this time in large quantities.

Fortunately none of the sets have had broken pieces, but I haven't gotten to any of the few sets with dark maroon elements I own. Today I will now be disassembling my entire Marvel Super Heroes collection and seeing how much space they will take up in the bin.

Currently I have two full bins, the first includes The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Fantastic Beasts, Disney Princess, Scooby-Doo, The Angry Birds Movie, The Lone Ranger, Pirates of the Caribbean, Toy Story 3, Juniors Incredibles 2, Prince of Persia and Indiana Jones all stored within it in their respective ziplock bags. Granted a lot of these themes are incomplete and some of them I only own one or two sets from, but it does make things easier for storing my collection until I can afford a place that will accommodate the entire lot in a dedicated display room.

Bin #2 is currently housing Pirates, Space, Castle, Kingdoms, Dino, Pharaoh's Quest, Adventurers, Wild West, Studios, Island Extreme Stunts, Racers, Creator, Seasonal, Promotional, Ninjago, Atlantis, Alpha Team Mission Deep Sea, Monster Fighters and my lone Santa Key Chain freebie. (Also seeing if I can fit my trio of Bionicle sets in there once I get the chance.

I'm hoping this third bin can fit all of the Marvel sets with space to spare for new Marvel Sets I will be getting as time continues.

Which still leaves me with Jurassic World, City, Nexo Knights, Legends of Chima, DC Super Heroes, Star Wars, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Friends, Elves, DC Super Hero Girls and a few other small themes to fit in their buckets. It is definitely nice to be making more room for more LEGO, but some of these Themes may eventually need to go.

Fizyx
  • SalamalexSalamalex UKMember Posts: 274
    Legopants said:
    Legopants said:
    Meanwhile, discovered something very disturbing at Tesco today. I mean, I like peanut butter and I like Marmite, but...

I can confirm that, contrary to expectation, the Marmite/peanut butter combo is really rather nice :-)
    It is but it doesn’t mix too well with LEGO. 
    Legopants
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,240
    Every museum is made (even) better by having their own Lego model. Bonus after a visit to the excellent Toyota Automobile Museum in Nagoya:

The plexiglass cover didn't make taking pictures easy though, especially when in a hurry as they were closing...
    Lego_StarSpeedman29bandit778KungFuKennyBaby_YodaMooreFXpxchrisM1J0E
    next time bring a camera and a polarizing filter for it with you. that way you can "remove" reflections of nonmetallic surfaces => the plexiglass will get more transparent that way
    Fizyx
  • BastyBasty LondonMember Posts: 235
    Sad, because I’ve moved all my Lego to my girlfriends house already and I don’t move in for another month. On the plus side I did order some Papimax draws which I hope are worth the money
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,188
    I managed to unearth another #4504 and a #7965.  What the heck does one need with so many Aluminum Falcons?

Maybe I can sell one to Unkar Plutt.  Or the Irving Brothers, or maybe Ducain...
    BumblepantsKungFuKenny
  • FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,643
    edited September 2

Wasn't really a fan of McCree and his space-cowboy design until I got the Dorado Showdown. He's actually a lot of fun.
    KungFuKennyBumblepantsstluxFizyxMooreFXLittleLori