Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• MCNwakeboardMCNwakeboard VirginiaMember Posts: 266
    Can someone explain the difference between BnP and Pick a Brick Online? Seems like to search BnP you need a set number or element ID (i.e. you can't just browse everything available)
  • omniumomnium Brickenham, UKMember Posts: 766
    edited August 20
    Can someone explain the difference between BnP and Pick a Brick Online? Seems like to search BnP you need a set number or element ID (i.e. you can't just browse everything available)
    Two main differences:
    1) BnP is hand picked, so slower to be picked, packed and delivered. PaB is automated to some extent, so quicker.
    2) BnP has a very different selection of parts to PaB.
    You'll often find rarer and newer parts on BnP, and more generic ones on PaB.
    BnP also allows you to search via set number, by the way. Searching both BnP and PaB are a PITA. But what else would you expect from TLG?! ;-)
    bandit778KungFuKennyMCNwakeboardLego_Stargmonkey76KeilupLittleLori
  • BastyBasty LondonMember Posts: 213
    Basty said:
    The lady in the Lego shop had to get a ladder to reach the bin, plus I didn’t have time to stack them to maximise cup usage. Currently @PJ76uk is very very close. 
    The answer was......*drum roll*.......

PJ76ukKungFuKennyBaby_YodaLego_StarLittleLori
  • M1J0EM1J0E Calgary, ABMember Posts: 456
    Hmmm... well in my current quest to throw a twenty at anything Marvel.... if only for the figs, which IIRC are exclusive to this set... at this rate I’ll need to find a $20 hall of armor (not here likely) to build onto the one I have for more fig space, or buy one & part out the figs to pay for it...

Lets see.  The box promises 91 pieces.  Iron Man, if I’m generous & count his helmet as 2 and include the trans blue hands/feet prices, makes up 9.  Mandarin has 5 of the pieces, well ok 6 if I include the Minifig pistol attached to the uh... wheeled thing.  Which means 91-15=76 pieces that appear to be a waste of plastic when assembled in this manner.  We shall see once I bust open the box.  IM3 is one of the few MCU movies I skipped over, so maybe the uh car? Is accurate, but according to the reviews it isn’t.  Ah well, a small set, you can only expect so much for one step above a poly bag!

PJ76ukBaby_Yoda
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 762
    M1J0E said:
    Hmmm... well in my current quest to throw a twenty at anything Marvel.... if only for the figs, which IIRC are exclusive to this set... at this rate I’ll need to find a $20 hall of armor (not here likely) to build onto the one I have for more fig space, or buy one & part out the figs to pay for it...

Lets see.  The box promises 91 pieces.  Iron Man, if I’m generous & count his helmet as 2 and include the trans blue hands/feet prices, makes up 9.  Mandarin has 5 of the pieces, well ok 6 if I include the Minifig pistol attached to the uh... wheeled thing.  Which means 91-15=76 pieces that appear to be a waste of plastic when assembled in this manner.  We shall see once I bust open the box.  IM3 is one of the few MCU movies I skipped over, so maybe the uh car? Is accurate, but according to the reviews it isn’t.  Ah well, a small set, you can only expect so much for one step above a poly bag!

Hey, how can ANY pieces be a waste of plastic in that set?!  It's the ULTIMATE SHOWDOWN!  I'm sure that every single piece is perfectly used and if it's not movie accurate then it must have improved on the movie, otherwise it wouldn't be very ULTIMATE SHOWDOWN of that set, which clearly can't be the case since it's right there in the name: Iron Man (tm) vs. the Mandaring (also tm); ULTIMATE SHOWDOWN!!!!!! (Insert pyrotechnics and 80's glam rock power chord explosion here)
    KungFuKennyM1J0EBumblepantsbpk2300Onebricktoomany
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Deep in the Heart of TexasMember Posts: 224
    Basty said:
    Basty said:
    The lady in the Lego shop had to get a ladder to reach the bin, plus I didn’t have time to stack them to maximise cup usage. Currently @PJ76uk is very very close. 
    The answer was......*drum roll*.......

Well, I guessed 432– not too bad I guess.  If the rules are like “The Price is Right”  (coming close without going over) then I did ok! ;-)
    LittleLori
    M1J0E said:
      IM3 is one of the few MCU movies I skipped over, so maybe the uh car? Is accurate, but according to the reviews it isn’t.  Ah well, a small set, you can only expect so much for one step above a poly bag!

I feel bad for the designer of this one... Marvel must have really kept a tight wrap on plot and design details because this set has exactly nothing to do with Iron Man 3... I also feel bad for the parts in this set.  They didn’t ask to be assembled into such a shoddy design 😀.  Luckily, once the set is broken down and the parts are sorted they get to have a new life in some MOC... :-)
    ^ Actually stuff like this does give a good reminder of just how difficult a set designers job could be.  I can picture the design brief meeting going something like ok, we need to plan a set wave for next summer’s iron man 3 release.  No, we don’t have any preliminary art or drawings of just what vehicles & models might be included in the movie.  You, the new intern.  Your job is to design the set that’ll come in at a price point one step above a poly bag, so yeah you get 2 figs & about a hundred pieces to design something with.  Yeah yeah I know 6 years later some AFOL that found your set on marketplace will riff on you because it’s not the ULTIMATE AVENGERS TOWER MODULAR SHOWDOWN UCS 5,000 piece set, but sometimes we’re just a toy company that sells y’know toys to like kids with allowance money.  So make sure it has shtuff kids like.  Flick fires & wheels.  That should do it.  We can’t do much more than guess since we don’t know what’s in the movie yet.  

Really, given the likely design parameters, WTF else would you come up with actually?  And yeah I kinda did go back over my set collection list and look at sets around a hundred pieces, & well, uh yeah some are better than others, but there’s only so much you can do with the price point that dictates the number of pieces.  This set is far from the worst one I own in that range. :D. Anything really very much better in the marvel line comes in at the 200 piece size & corresponding price point.
    KungFuKennyBumblepantsstlux
  • klintonklinton CanadaMember Posts: 510
    #76029 was the best Lego Marvel set at that price point. It was an intriguing build, with an instant army of Ultrons.

In fact, the entire 'Age of Ultron' sub-theme was pretty much the pinacle of Lego's Marvel offerings. There's not a set in the theme (well, outside of the absurd late offering of the D2C Hulkbuster) that wasn't spot on. 
  • jnscoelhojnscoelho PortugalMember Posts: 328
    ^ Yeah, but it has 4 minifigs. Almost half of the 90 pieces go into those. It's almost  cheating.
  • klintonklinton CanadaMember Posts: 510
    They were part of the main build, yo! It was rather a clever design, no? 
    Yeah that one is on my wanted list for sure!  At least now with #40343 they stopped pretending it’s about anything other than the figs.  And then #76101 seems to be in that same price point but just an extra couple dollars gives you a bit more substantial model to go with the figs :D.  I mean lets face it for say #76102, which I own, who bought that for anything but the figs, unless of course you also bought #76107 at a much higher price point.  
    My local toy shop phoned saying my box of Series 19 minifigures have arrived but Im currently on holiday so can’t collect them :( 
  • flordflord CanadaMember Posts: 672
    Series 19 is out early in Canada at TRU. Shower Guy and Monkey King are in the little interior bags for the gropers out there.
    PyrobugLittleLorigmonkey76
    Wow that looks awesome!
    KungFuKennySumoLegoOnebricktoomany
  • masterX244masterX244 GermanyMember Posts: 468
    First chance for me to get to a PaB wall for me.... conveniently frankfurt had 1x2 dark gray pieces at hand (they ask to be used for a extension on apollo 11 moon .......)
    KungFuKennyBumblepantsBasty
    Some nice element at the PaB wall in Köln. Loving the golden fences and large windows. Sadly they no longer have the translucent light blue studs, although they had half a small cup in the back which they gave me.

KungFuKennyeMJeeNLLego_StaromniumSwitchfoot55Mr_Crosssnowhitie
  • eMJeeNLeMJeeNL The NetherlandsMember Posts: 409
    Gold fences! So much need!

how was the staff today?
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,472
    ^needing some gold fencing and the new brown picket fencing.  #6150305 https://brickset.com/parts/6150305  

eMJeeNL said:
    Gold fences! So much need!

how was the staff today?
    The lady who helped me at the PaB wall was very nice. Then as I was walking around the shop another lady asked if I wanted to give her my PaB cups to go and tape up and leave behind the counter for me. The lady at the till allowed me to have an extra pretzel with my minifigure. All in all a great experience. 
    omniumLego_StarPyrobugMaffyD
  • Lego_StarLego_Star ... in a galaxy far, far away.Member Posts: 2,108
    ^ Love that there is a minifigure swinging from the tree vine @Peter1975 that's a really fun inclusion! :o)
    Peter1975

Peter1975 said:
    Just finished building the old Forestmen sets. Loved it!!
    Beautiful collection!  I’ve always liked the look of these sets and seeing them all together is quite impressive!

Peter1975
  • OdeinoichusOdeinoichus CanadaMember Posts: 274
    Completed Series 19 in two days thanks to TRU Canada. Just need to nab a few more dupes. Not sure what to do with the two dupe Monkey Kings I wound up with, may need to just sell'em or something.
    LittleLoriFizyx
  • masterX244masterX244 GermanyMember Posts: 468
    counting my way through the 2 PAB cups from Frankfurt atm.
    LittleLori
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,472
    So Disney are opening shops within some Target stores....
    Not sure if that is leading anywhere dark?
    @Legopants - Your S19 CMF, which was presumably a sealed box, could you check something, please?

Do all of the packs have the same 4 digit code on the back (expected), or does it vary?
    Like 26S9, 25S9 and 24S9 for example?

Got access to a single box (with some difficulty) that appeared "fresh" and yet doesn't have all the same codes. Later on or with plenty availability I wouldn't even question it, but given the difficulty finding any stock it seems weird.
  • LegopantsLegopants GermanyMember Posts: 1,985
    @Lego_Star - I hadn't even noticed the code on the back of each bag!
    My box, which was deffo sealed/untouched, appears to be a mixture of 22S9 and 23S9.
    Lego_Star
    edited August 26
    Cheers for that @Legopants. That's at the hands of LEGO then, and not someone buying boxes and returning a mixed box for some reason. Or a staff member mixing boxes up that are going out on shop floor, though that doesn't make sense without a chase figure.

Normally the code will be uniform for a sealed box, but since TLG took over doing their own packaging we've had box content errors and now we've got mixed codes it seems. The inner (display) carton used to have a code that matched the code on all the packs.

Makes it harder to tell if a box is new on the shelf and untouched than before.
    LegopantsFizyx
    edited August 26

stlux said:
    ...I decided to finally do something about this chaos in my Lego room:

Sorting all my loose parts years ago was the key for me in building MOCs.  I have found the Akro-Mills drawer system invaluable--I got mine at Amazon but they sell them in Europe also.
    Tom Alphin’s label system really simplified things also...

https://brickarchitect.com/labels/

Fizyxdavetheoxygenmandmcc0
  • madejp86madejp86 IllinoisMember Posts: 240
    I was totally not expecting this. I actually wanted to buy these out right and instead I got these for free:

So now I can update my fig to be exactly as the set

It seems I also have the new Trans Dark Blue nexo shield coming as well!
    FowlerBricks
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,179
    edited August 26

stlux said:
    ...I decided to finally do something about this chaos in my Lego room:

Sorting all my loose parts years ago was the key for me in building MOCs.  I have found the Akro-Mills drawer system invaluable--I got mine at Amazon but they sell them in Europe also.
    Tom Alphin’s label system really simplified things also...

https://brickarchitect.com/labels/

I already bought a label printer specifically to print Tom's labels :)

Instead of Akro-Mills I went for Papi Max StackX Drawers, as I preferred how deep and stackable they are. Tom reviewed them here.

In unrelated news, After collecting Lego since December 2015, today I reached the 2000 owned sets "milestone":

KungFuKennyomniumSumoLegodavetheoxygenmansnowhitieMr_Cross
    I was going to make a joke about the Label Baby Junior but wasn’t sure how many Seinfeld fans there were on this forum... ;-)

Switchfoot55SumoLego
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,856
    I was going to make a joke about the Label Baby Junior but wasn’t sure how many Seinfeld fans there were on this forum... ;-)
    We're here, and we're spectacular.  But I would stay away from making pronouncements that the Ukraine is weak.
    KungFuKenny
    stlux said:

How do you like that label printer?  Been considering getting one recently, as the sharpies on bags are just not cutting it (even with the supposedly super-permanent sharpies), but I don't want a printer that is going to be significantly more annoying to use than writing with sharpie on the bags for figs/sets...
    KungFuKenny
    edited August 26
    SumoLego said:
    We're here, and we're spectacular.  But I would stay away from making pronouncements that the Ukraine is weak.
    Another way to increase your Lego storage is by building levels, Jerry, levels...

Fizyx said:
    How do you like that label printer?  Been considering getting one recently, as the sharpies on bags are just not cutting it (even with the supposedly super-permanent sharpies), but I don't want a printer that is going to be significantly more annoying to use than writing with sharpie on the bags for figs/sets... 
    I was cheap when I did mine and printed the labels on paper, cut them out, and used clear packing tape to adhere... seems to have worked fine and no problems 4 years later... the sticker versions of the labels do look nice though
    SumoLego
    SumoLego said:
    Another way to increase your Lego storage is by building levels, Jerry, levels...

Fizyx said:
    I was cheap when I did mine and printed the labels on paper, cut them out, and used clear packing tape to adhere... seems to have worked fine and no problems 4 years later... the sticker versions of the labels do look nice though
    I considered doing this... but it's too much effort over just grabbing the sharpie and writing on the bag.  And using any kind of tape is just too much of a pain in the butt if you don't HAVE to do it :P
    KungFuKenny
    SumoLego said:

(Labor Day Weekend's task is to address 'long-term' storage, where some tradeable sets have surreptitiously seeped in.  Five Voltron sets is too many... or maybe not enough?)
    Sounds like not enough.  You clearly need one more, then you could have a Voltron driver for every different lion in your main Voltron.
    SumoLego
    @SumoLego Is one of those forgotten items for me? ;o) Your post just reminded me, I had forgotten.
    SumoLego
  • Muftak1Muftak1 Somewhere cold, probably raining (aka Ireland)Member Posts: 483
    @SumoLego ; I had forgotten about the Keychain- I need to organise and work out what I have!!!
    SumoLego
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,179
    Fizyx said:
    stlux said:
    Setting it up took no time at all; basically it's plug-and-play.

Anything will take longer than writing with a sharpie. However the printer doesn't take significantly longer. To use: switch on, type your text, print. And much better result.
    Fizyx
    edited August 27
    Went yesterday to check the status of the PAB wall here in Austin... a little disappointed as I needed to stock up on LBG plates and not many available.  Did pick up a small cup of these though... 

BumblepantsPyrobugLego_StarFowlerBricksLittleLori