Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,372
    Completed the entire minifigure collection today with the purchase of a NYCC Superman. Hurrah!
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    edited August 2012
    Mucho congrats Sam! You may very well be the first person to do so, kudos on the Superheroes!
    Mucho congrats Sam! You may very well be the first person to do so, kudos on the Superheroes!
    Thanks! It's not all the minifigures ever created (my gosh, can you imagine?), but it's the special ones :-)
  • Penkid11Penkid11 Member Posts: 789
    ^Congrats!

Just built the Friends Cafe. I would be such a fool to miss this "second Paradisa", or thats just my 2 cents. I must keep my money for a BL buy I have planned for the near future. It could be big. So to summarize:

-To much to buy with too little to spend
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,917
    @samiam391 Wait, you own every single minifg LEGO has ever produced? Congrats man, that's a huge achievement!
    Picked up the GE at the LEGO store today. Should of have waited for a discount on Amazon, but it's my birthday in a few days and I just can't wait. Also got the last birthday cake poly.
  • ErnstErnst Member Posts: 133
    Cleaned up my office where I have a great part of my collection in bags and boxes. Its starting to look a bit more organized now, was a sweaty job but happy with the result.

@samiam391 Wait, you own every single minifg LEGO has ever produced? Congrats man, that's a huge achievement!

My goodness, no. Just specific categories of them ;-)

I need to choose my words more carefully next time apparently!

• LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,828
    Broke the habit of year and cracked open a BNIB Beetle this evening. Ohhhhh, the loss in value - money is actually dropping between the floorboards. ;-)

Managed 'Book 1' in 4.5 hours - woohoo!! I can say with confidence that this build has got to be the most complicated I've had a go at in terms of following the instructions. Colours are off and it's so hard counting studs on the pages to work out the lines. Thank god they've made improvements over the years, although the set's not that old!?

Book 2 tomorrow. :-)
    @flump ::Applause:: Money be damned, let the fun times roll...

Besides, if you never sell it then there's no money lost... just experience earned.
  • PlayftlPlayftl Member Posts: 178
    Finished building the #10174 that I got from @BrickDancer A piece was broken and three pieces were missing, but luckily I had spares laying around. :)
  • AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    Received 855 Mobile Crane from 1978. Hubby just finished building it. Lots of Friends sets waiting to be put together, but the palm of the hand is still pretty sensitive . . . They will wait.
  • JBricks27JBricks27 Member Posts: 678
    Finished my SSD. Now I need to find a place to display it...
    Uploaded with Imgupr

@flump ::Applause:: Money be damned, let the fun times roll...

Besides, if you never sell it then there's no money lost... just experience earned.

Can't wait to get home and finish it off. All that money though! ;o)
  • masterX244masterX244 GermanyMember Posts: 530
    ^^ welcome to the club. you have a similar situation with the SSD like i had after x-mas. i have that currently with the imperial shuttle which is on your picture, too(seems to be a random funny coincidence)
    Guess what folks. James actually started and finished a set. Well happy!!

Unimog next me thinks.
  • The_Brick_BuilderThe_Brick_Builder Member Posts: 658
    ^ Wow, makes me want to open my sealed Green Grocer. :)
    ^ Now don't be putting ideas in my head. Beetles are one thing, but sealed Green Grocers? I'm not sure I'm ready for that yet. :-)

Maybe we should take the plunge together?!? ;-)
    ^^^ I can't help but notice those retired sets in the background. Are they sealed? :)
  • SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member Posts: 4,030
    @flump

Good to see you have built something. I have to say though to be concerned about the financial loss on a set you do have to pay for it first :-P
    kevbags said:

@flump

Good to see you have built something. I have to say though to be concerned about the financial loss on a set you do have to pay for it first :-P

Thought it was on a 30 day return. No?

• SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member Posts: 4,030
    ^ Only when it was sealed.......

^^^ I can't help but notice those retired sets in the background. Are they sealed? :)

I am ashamed to say they are. Of the sets I own, the majority are still sealed.  Two or three of my UCS sets are open as are my Cafe Corner and Market Street (because I built them), but everything else is sealed - ooh, with the exception of the Eiffel Tower (bought used). Gasp, shock, horror.

Now that I have my own room and am not planning on moving house again anytime soon, I'm hoping I will now build faster than I buy. I'm not sure realistically that will be the case, but the built vs sealed ratio I'm hoping will close up. :-)
    kevbags said:

^ Only when it was sealed.......

Can't even claim it was incomplete - it's the first build ever (including the dozens of kids I've helped with) that there's not been a single element missing. Bloody miracle!!! And no, I'm not carless, they're just not there usually! Not 'til the end anyway!!

• LordHarrierLordHarrier Member Posts: 21
    My status today: I've started putting the pieces for Market Street together from my craigslist finds. I've got black, dark blue and tan done.. now the greys and I can start building!
    ^ Good luck. I've also been trying to do the same!
    At long last, the Taj is finished. Started July 3rd and after many building sessions on and off. Swimming in white bricks for over a month, it felt like a long build. But the finished piece looks magnificent.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/brickdancer/7799770740/in/photostream
    edited August 2012
    Got a solid stud flower instead of a open stud for my GE. It took me a while to figure out what the problem was. Now to wait 10 days to get my new part. :(
  • beegeedeebeegeedee Galway, IrelandMember Posts: 380
    Currently putting together the Hillside house. As of this morning (pre-work building) I have the roof of the main model. Love the creator houses.

Built Pharoah's Quest Scorpion Pyramid yesterday after going running and this evening is a tidy-up of the loft. My lego corner is a mess.
  • kempo81kempo81 Wiltshire, UKMember Posts: 961
    just recieved my frodo poly's thanks to a friend across the pond - very happy :o)
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    About to book this years trip to Legoland Windsor - just the weather to worry about now.
    Spending day off and building Republic Gunship #7676. Excited to see finished product.
  • MinifigsMeMinifigsMe Member Posts: 2,844
    Made a DangleBoris (and about 25 other custom minifigs, but that's another story)
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,645
    ^ Why is it that he's my favourite?
  • MinifigsMeMinifigsMe Member Posts: 2,844
    Mine too :) think its the hazmut face that does it!
  • PlayftlPlayftl Member Posts: 178
    Just got my set of CMF S8 from TRU! Very happy that I don't have to wait for the local Lego store to stock them. The total also came out to be cheaper than buying from the Lego store using the $15 off $50 coupon. :)
  • krklintkrklint Member Posts: 502
    needing a brick fix... digging in and expanding the modular fire brigade from one bay to two :p
  • Si_UKNZSi_UKNZ NZMember Posts: 4,179
    love the dangleboris!
  • richoricho Member Posts: 3,830
    Starting a UCS Hogwarts Hall, as decided the one in the latest castle set is way too small.
    edited August 2012
    richo said:

Starting a UCS Hogwarts Hall, as decided the one in the latest castle set is way too small.

Thought you might.... following receipt of 30 Hogwarts - lucky sod! Wondered what you were going to do with them. ;-)
  • caperberrycaperberry LondonMember Posts: 2,226
    Just had my first serious minifigging session since coming out of my Dark Age. Man, all the big hair is hard to remove these days without decapitation.
    My PAB order finally came yesterday after 1 month and 2 days.
  • mathewmathew Member Posts: 2,098
    edited August 2012
    Finished Helm's Deep. Overall nice and detailed, but I'm a little disappointed in the Throne room/Dinner hall section. From the pictures it looks like it rises up higher than the main gate, but it's actually shorter. For the $98 I paid I'm alright with it though. Tons of useful bricks for MOC'ing.

I finally got see the Sith Fury in person at Target in their display case. I typically don't get excited about Star Wars but this set is one that I really want...but not at $90. I'll wait until Amazon has it for $70 again which seems to be a fair price.
  • JBricks27JBricks27 Member Posts: 678
    Playftl said:

Just got my set of CMF S8 from TRU! Very happy that I don't have to wait for the local Lego store to stock them. The total also came out to be cheaper than buying from the Lego store using the $15 off $50 coupon. :)

I also got my set of series 8 from TRU. It only took me 20 min to "feel up" the whole set; I'm getting good at this. With the $15 off $50, it came to about $2.55/minifig (plus tax). Not bad

Uploaded with Imgupr
  • masterX244masterX244 GermanyMember Posts: 530
    edited August 2012
    Bricklink-order arrived. Noticed too late, that i ordered not enough pieces :-(. NEeded a workaround but now the #10212 is studless.
  • AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    Nice buy at a garage sale. Easily 15 lbs of Lego, plus a stack of instructions, books (including a couple of hard back) and catalogs at least 8 inches thick for just $25.
    edited August 2012
    ^ :0 Wow, that is an amazing find.
  • richoricho Member Posts: 3,830
    flump said:

richo said:

Thought you might.... following receipt of 30 Hogwarts - lucky sod! Wondered what you were going to do with them. ;-)
    haha! I wish!

Playftl said:

I also got my set of series 8 from TRU. It only took me 20 min to "feel up" the whole set; I'm getting good at this. With the $15 off $50, it came to about $2.55/minifig (plus tax). Not bad

Uploaded with Imgupr
    Wait, there's a football player?! When did this happen? I must have fallen behind on the CMF news... I guess i'll be joining the CMF collecting frenzy now.
    Ugh, darn you LEGO.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,645
    Finished my dying experiments (see re-colouring thread).