Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• The_Brick_BuilderThe_Brick_Builder Member Posts: 658
    edited August 2012
    Won a MISB Green Grocer for $580 shipped. :)
  • Penkid11Penkid11 Member Posts: 783
    Finished my first large MOC. Being new to actually having time to making MOC's, I really am proud of this one.

A pic for you all.
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367

ebay? Pretty sure I was watching that one. Curse my weak bank account!
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,518
    Checking some of my old collection of Lego into brickset and I passed the quarter million brick mark. :) :) :)
    Next stop 500K.
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    edited August 2012
    ^Did same as @Venunder today for the first time. Populated my "Owned" list and have nearly 250 sets. Most complete collections are in PotC and Large Sets.

But Brickset should have a UCS section that is separated from the Star Wars category. Not to mention separating Episodes IV, V, VI into individual episodes instead of lumped up into a giant overload of OT sets to sort through.
  • TyoSoloTyoSolo Member Posts: 539
    edited August 2012
    Happy with my recent Sabre Island steal (£8.99+postage), but disappointed with how yellowed the white pieces are. Retr0Bright here I come.
  • scarecrow2400scarecrow2400 USAMember Posts: 99
    Just finished building Hulk's Helicarrier Breakout. Surprisingly quite a good set!
    iccarus said:

ebay? Pretty sure I was watching that one. Curse my weak bank account!
    Yes it was eBay. Been saving a lot for it!

• BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,257
    @penkid11 Very nice. Do you have more pics elsewhere?
  • andyscouseandyscouse Western MAMember Posts: 365
    Finally sorted and put away my LUGBulk order!
    Penkid11 said:

Finished my first large MOC. Being new to actually having time to making MOC's, I really am proud of this one.

A pic for you all.

Very nice indeed! Especially for a first MOC ...

• Penkid11Penkid11 Member Posts: 783
    ^-^^ You can find it here.
    eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=72786
    While you're at it, you should check the entirety of the Guilds of Historica Forum plug!
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,912
    Found a wheel from the old Clone Turbo Tank. Anyone want it? haha
  • sadowsk1sadowsk1 Member Posts: 124
    Anticipating a toy run tomorrow!
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,912
    GREAT DAY TODAY! Received my full set of Team GB minifigs in the mail! Thank you @teamladd! First time trading overseas and it was a great experience.
  • TheBrickLaddTheBrickLadd Chippenham, Wilts, UK.Member Posts: 844
    Thanks @LegobrandonCP I also received all the gorgeous polys you have sent me. Thanks a lot
  • LordHarrierLordHarrier Member Posts: 21
    I'm down to 23lbs left to sort on about 200lbs from my last craigslist hauls. I won't let myself do anything else until I'm done. 1st thing on the list is to build MS, GG, and CC from this haul.
    Disappointed every time I search on CL for lego and see this ad:

http://madison.craigslist.org/tag/3170263093.html

Can you think of a more unattractive way to advertise bulk bricks?
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,248
    ^ yeah I saw that one too.
  • beegeedeebeegeedee Galway, IrelandMember Posts: 380
    Lego free weekend. Was going to be lego organise and build weekend but we got flight dates wrong for my wife...long story.
  • MinifigsMeMinifigsMe Member Posts: 2,844
    Coming down after a crazy day with the press yesterday. Who knew Lego would get me on the news and in an national newspaper's online edition??
    (http://minifigs.me for the links) and if you want to know what I look like! ;-)
    Picking up my MOC that was on display in the Burlington MA Lego store during July on Sunday in readiness for a one-day event in NH next weekend. Grab Bags & PaB also await, methinks.
    bah, went back to Walmart to see if any of the friends stuff was left on clearance. The entire section, even the display, was gone.
    ^ one of my WMs got rid of the separate LEGO section and put them with the rest, but they were gone completely for a couple weeks in between.
    The entire LEGO section was seriously condensed as well. Hopefully it's just a reset in progress, as this is the location where I've had the best luck finding deals so far.
  • sadowsk1sadowsk1 Member Posts: 124
    Finally found a Falcon at Walmart and Dino sets! It was kind of weird that I didn't see any Marvel, Pirates, Cars, or Harry Potter, not a set in sight...
  • krklintkrklint Member Posts: 503
    my lego status today = knee deep in dark red bricks... precious, precious dark red bricks :p
  • thebearcollectorthebearcollector Banned Posts: 30
    Trying to start my new Model -T MoC for my lego display yes its minifig scale
  • krklintkrklint Member Posts: 503
    today's lego status = Grab Bag Nirvana. Two bags contained necessary pieces to "widen" the modular fire station to include 2 garage doors!
  • BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,257
    My son and I built the Republic Cruiser. Sure was an intricate, fun, and demanding build for such an ugly finished model.
  • khmellymelkhmellymel United KingdomMember Posts: 1,235
    Want to build LEGO, not pack it all up! :(
  • LegopantsLegopants GermanyMember Posts: 2,015
    Yesterday was my birthday (44).
    Got a bumper crop of Lego sets from Mrs Legopants, the children and even my mother-in-law:

9474 - The Battle of Helm's Deep
    9476 - The Orc Forge
    9469 - Gandalf Arrives
    9463 - Werewolf
    9462 - Mummy
    9461 - Swamp Creature
    and 30105 - Friends Mailbox (my first ever Friends set which I shall cherish forever!)
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,727
    @legopants, there's always one that will be set on ruining your day isn't there?! Not to worry, there were six gooddens in there! ;-)
    5 Grab bags obtained from Burlington MA yesterday, which will assist me in my TH expansion (that, along with the 2nd TH I got yesterday!). Only downside was that they have temporarily "mislaid" the MOC I had displayed there during July (I had gone there to pick it up ready for a show next Sunday) ... hopefully I'll get a call this week about it!
  • JBricks27JBricks27 Member Posts: 674
    Finished Tower Bridge over the weekend and started on super star destroyer. "We could run out of space real fast" The SSD build reminds me a lot of the UCS R2 with all of the color. I wonder if all UCS will be this way from now on?
    My Green Grocer has arrived! :D
  • MorkManMorkMan Phoenix, Arizona, USAMember Posts: 861
    Happy day. Wife agreed that we should buy the Haunted House! Hooray!
    flump said:

@legopants, there's always one that will be set on ruining your day isn't there?! Not to worry, there were six gooddens in there! ;-)

Yeah, I know. Maybe I can sell Helm's Deep ;-D

• LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,547
    ^ In order to fund more Friends purchases? :-D
  • beegeedeebeegeedee Galway, IrelandMember Posts: 380
    Late night after playing Lego Star Wars III on Xbox. Roll on the weekend.

^ In order to fund more Friends purchases? :-D

Now there's an idea! ;-D
  • masterX244masterX244 GermanyMember Posts: 492

Finished Tower Bridge over the weekend and started on super star destroyer. "We could run out of space real fast" The SSD build reminds me a lot of the UCS R2 with all of the color. I wonder if all UCS will be this way from now on?

Built the Imperial Shuttle. Got almost an Ogel-Thumb. Itseems that iwill run out of space sooner or later. The SSD is already built(did it at last X-mas). Need moreshelfes and less cupboards wih doors :-(
  • caperberrycaperberry LondonMember Posts: 2,226

The SSD build reminds me a lot of the UCS R2 with all of the color. I wonder if all UCS will be this way from now on?

SSD was one of my first big sets after my dark Age, so I was horrified with all the filler brick colours. Darth Vader would never approve a green beam inside the SSD. And poor R2 with his technicolour innards.

I appreciate Lego are trying to make building easier, but could they not at least choose a more forgiving colour scheme? Maybe it just comes down to cost of parts.

... they [Lego store] have temporarily "mislaid" the MOC I had displayed there during July (I had gone there to pick it up ready for a show next Sunday) ... hopefully I'll get a call this week about it!

Turns out that friends of mine had visited that store on the previous day (and they live 90 miles from it as well) .. and enquired about my model, and when told it was in the back room ready to be picked up, they volunteered to bring it back for me ... only problem was they didn't tell me! (They had wanted to 'surprise' me!).

So all's well that ends well, as the Shakespeare ruff-wearing bloke from CMF S8 would say.

^ My how... thoughtful?
  • JBricks27JBricks27 Member Posts: 674

The SSD build reminds me a lot of the UCS R2 with all of the color. I wonder if all UCS will be this way from now on?

SSD was one of my first big sets after my dark Age, so I was horrified with all the filler brick colours. Darth Vader would never approve a green beam inside the SSD. And poor R2 with his technicolour innards.

I appreciate Lego are trying to make building easier, but could they not at least choose a more forgiving colour scheme? Maybe it just comes down to cost of parts.

I think LEGO responded to the complaints about all of the grey pieces on older UCS by trying to add as much color as possible.
    Then they got a complaint from me about the lack of it :O)

^ My how... thoughtful?

Indeed! At least I have it back. But it's potentially worrying that my MOC would be given out to someone without at least a phone call.

Ah well - onward and upward to Concord on Sunday!

• masterX244masterX244 GermanyMember Posts: 492
    Noticed after index updates that i have more than 30000 parts.
    (29999 according to peeron but got enough loose parts to pass that mark)
    brickset shows more pieces :-) )
    Missed on my third attempt to get a cheaper GG on BrickLink.

I always thought some of these odd colored parts just came down to what they may already be manufacturing for other sets. Why make a white or grey part of a certain size that no one will see when you're already making that part in green for another set. I've never noticed one of the hidden colored parts to make an easier build in any way.