What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• stevecook132stevecook132 Member Posts: 112
    ∆ awesome! I've had that on my radar too, but having not long ago got to the end of a Anio Venator & Mortesv Nebulous B purchasing marathon, both me and my brain need a little breathing space. 
    Hoping to build both over winter and then start a big accumulation project all over again...the ISD would be 15000 pieces of fun...
    bandit778
  • truck730truck730 Member Posts: 214
    A friend of mine has started this project ,he has book 1 built but it only looks like a sub frame ,he's dedicated and it's fun to watch for now ,I don't have the 3 ingredients or the bricks to take this on
    bandit778
  • Addicted2OxygenAddicted2Oxygen Somewhere behind all the boxes of LegoMember Posts: 316
    Wondering how much trouble I will be in when we return from holiday to some large rattly packages. 

Also wondering if said packages will actually be there as they may be left for a few days before we return! Who do Smyths ship with?

(and apologies for my previous post with rather obnoxiously large photos - forgot that they would come out like that!)
  • RecceRecce Tiny Little Red DotMember Posts: 893
    bandit778 said:
    After having a lot of fun sourcing bricks and building Mortesv's Blockade Runner and despite the fact it took nearly 14 months from start to finish, I've decided to up the ante for my next major Bricklink project by having a go at this...

Raskolnikov's ISD. https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-9018 
    Will probably take till this time next year to source all the parts and it probably won't be built until 2020 but it will be worth the wait to see this behemoth built.

That's a nice and very detailed ISD model.

According to Rebrickable I had about 99.7% of the parts in my collection, though I suspect it's much easier to just BL the parts than digging them out. 

bandit778stevecook132FowlerBricksMaffyDsnowhitie
  • eMJeeNLeMJeeNL The NetherlandsMember Posts: 423
    My recent B&P order was a bit of a nightmare too. I had my cart set after spending a significant amount of time piecing it together. When I came back to proceed to checkout, my B&P order had disappeared. 

I put everything back the best I could, then, apparently not learning my lesson, left for a short time again to deal with my kids. Came back and it disappeared once again. 

I contacted CS and their response was, "Oh yeah, that system can have issues sometimes. It's best to drop items in your cart and then submit the order right away."  ....thanks. 

I ended up finding time to put things back together again, plus some additional items, and push my order through. The frustrating part is I realized the following day about 10 lots that I had forgotten to add. I also had missed out on two more items that went OOS between my first and third experience. None of which are enough to equal free shipping. So now I wait to submit the order again until my next [email protected] purchase, not risking to waste my time again by putting them in the cart only to have them disappear once more. 
    I'd call CS, explain and ask if they can add the items you missed.
    Last time i had a problem, they added items without a problem?
    Switchfoot55
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,306
    That feeling when you look to see if your delivery is on the system yet only to find it is less than 15 stops away!
    MaffyD
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,529
    edited October 2018

^^^ Apparently, I have 90.3%

But I would have to sacrifice my Falcon, Helicarrier, SSD, Slave 1, Tumbler, TIE Fighter, TIE Advanced, a different ISD, Red 5, Helm's Deep and my Porsche before the number of parts needed per set owned goes below 250. And even then I'd still need nearly 5.5k parts from the rest of my sets, and then buy another 1.5k on top. I think I'll leave well alone... so @Recce - you're not wrong about it being easier to just buy the parts!

Hello all, by the way - I've not been on this particular thread in over a month!

sid3windrsnowhitieSprinkleOtter
    Wanted to check if my BnP/PaB-orders already shipped. Site keeps asking for credentials, and after clicking "log in" just asks again. GRMBL.
    mustang69
  • mustang69mustang69 North CarolinaMember Posts: 402
    eMJeeNL said:
    Wanted to check if my BnP/PaB-orders already shipped. Site keeps asking for credentials, and after clicking "log in" just asks again. GRMBL.
    It was doing that to me too, very frustrating. It would work occasionally, maybe 5% of the time. For perspective, I placed my order on the 17th and got the shipping notice on the 23rd. Granted I’m in the US so elsewhere it might be different.
    Just got in. States "order in warehouse" for the BnP-items, and for the "parts ordering online (an item of no value) "send".

Let's see how it goes this time, last time they used DHL because the normal mail couldn't handle the (rollercoaster) parts I ordered, and the delivery-dude completely screwed up (something with non-scanned not-at-home notices etcetc, but really can't fault TLG for that). Orders are quite big this time too, so unsure if they would fit a normal postage.
    Also, just decided to part with 5 big Technic sets sitting in the cupboard for a couple of years now. 

Funds will fund the City i'm currently building. Sets will be picked up Friday.
    Switchfoot55FowlerBricks
  • Baby_YodaBaby_Yoda The world's backsideMember Posts: 1,225
    Having the age-old internal debate over whether to buy more sets or bigger sets. If I'm smart about deals I can get the Winter Train, Hogwarts Express and X-Wing by the end of the year, and I'll be able to comfortably buy people good Christmas presents. On the other hand, if I'm really stingy for the next two months and I buy cheap, crappy Christmas presents, I'll barely be able to afford Ninjago City...
    BumblepantsMr_CrossMegtheCatgmonkey76
    WT+HE+XW=less expensive then NC?
    In Australia, yes. By only $70 at RRP, but I can get them all at good discounts from places like Kmart whereas I'd need to get #70620 directly from Lego.
  • PapaBearPapaBear East CoastMember Posts: 395
    Woah, those are some serious MOCs.  I like the ISD Tyrant (biggest one).  Although, I don't know if I could ever finish one.
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,468
    Just bought another BWE because they’re 30% off at Amazon. 
    dmcc0
    edited October 2018
    For the very first time, just un-checked some sets from my Brickset-Setslist. The 5 large Technic sets will leave the premises this morning.

Really, stupid because the were in a cupboard for over 4 years, but still feel a little sad.

Well, the funds go rights into the expand-the-city-fund, so that is a positive, i guess.

@sid3windr ; have fun today!!
    BumblepantsMr_CrossSalamalexFowlerBricksSwitchfoot55Baby_Yodasnowhitie
  • mdtvandymdtvandy USAMember Posts: 58
    Built a mostly complete #7720 this morning. Watching the 1980s trains attempt to chug along is always such an experience.
    Baby_Yoda
    Having worked at home today, I have just clocked off and am now on holiday for a week.  Time to cut the seals on Saturn V I think.  I may be some time!
    PJ76ukJudgeChuckLegopantspxchrisMegtheCat
  • PJ76ukPJ76uk Derby, UKMember Posts: 435
    Having worked at home today, I have just clocked off and am now on holiday for a week.  Time to cut the seals on Saturn V I think.  I may be some time!
    Will be well worth it! Just hope you have somewhere to display it!
  • JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,095
    PJ76uk said:
    Will be well worth it! Just hope you have somewhere to display it!
    Mine sits upright next to my monitor. Don;t need a lot of space! :-)
    Cue fruit costumes, maybe you could TM  this and it could be the cherry on your year
    SumoLego
  • LittleLoriLittleLori CanadaMember Posts: 131
    Family Build time putting together the Haunted House on this cold afternoon.
    Pumpkin_3CK5Bumblepants
  • Gibbo1959Gibbo1959 Northumbria UKMember Posts: 283
    Little Miss Speedman was having fruit for pudding, I did a funny!
    We listened to some Prince.....
    Little Red Corvette? Purple Rain? 1999? 🤪
  • SeijiAmasawaSeijiAmasawa USMember Posts: 214
    edited October 2018
    raspberry beret...nice one!
  • starwars4everstarwars4ever The Forest Moon of EndorMember Posts: 477
    Super excited to have gotten to meet Jk Brickworks and Grant Davis (designers of the pop-up book) on Saturday, and getting my box signed was the cherry on top! Also, the build of the book itself was nothing short of fantastic!!! 
    (Sorry, technological difficulties prevent me from posting a picture)

Baby_YodaomniumMegtheCatpxchrissid3windr
    edited October 2018
    It’s been a week since my parts order was picked up and I still don’t see an update on the delivery status. (Im)patiently waiting, but what else should I expect from DHL.
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 1,563
    @mustang69, are you referring to a B&P order from Lego? I recently made a large parts order and had the same issue with no update on the delivery status. I contacted Lego CS and they said that because it ships from overseas, there is no tracking update. It took mine about 8 days to get to me from when I received the notice it had shipped. 
    mustang69
    @Switchfoot55 I was hoping mine would get here sooner since, at least according to DHL, it’s coming from Georgia which is only a state away from where I am now. 

COLLEGE PARK, GA 30337
    UNITED STATES

Anyway, keeping my fingers crossed it’ll get here by the end of the week so I can get to building this weekend.
    Switchfoot55
  • PapaBearPapaBear East CoastMember Posts: 395
    I haven't had a LEGO status worth sharing in a bit, but I think I have one today.

I've decided to open and start building LEGO set #75192 by the end of the year at the very latest!
    pxchrisAddicted2Oxygen
    I'm thinking perhaps LEGO is a little too big a part of my life... I saw a vehicle in a parking lot and thought, "That SUV is Sand Blue!" ...nah, I'm okay.
    Did you run over with a brick separator and a PaB cup and raid it for parts?
    560Heliportsid3windrAddicted2Oxygengmonkey76
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 1,940

BumblepantsLostInTranslationstluxPumpkin_3CK5LegopantsMegtheCatKLOKRIECHERAstrobricks
    PaB and BnP orders arrived yesterday, immediately got cracking on building @Mouseketeer’s Christmas sets!

bandit778Switchfoot55KLOKRIECHERAddicted2Oxygensnowhitie
  • MalkizidMalkizid Solihull, U.KMember Posts: 13
    With the niece and nephew off school for half term i'm putting them to good use today. We're cleaning, sorting, breaking down and storing a fair bit of my collection of lego.

Free labour is always good :)
    Addicted2Oxygen
    Check their pockets ,trust and free Labour don't bed well
    dmcc0Switchfoot55Addicted2Oxygengmonkey76sid3windrBaby_Yodapiratemania7scottdd2
    edited October 2018
    ^^Was wondering if it was still half term in some parts. Had a day in London yesterday and on a grey afternoon we once again had to queue for at least 15 minutes to get into Leicester Square and it was rammed with British kids who I thought should have been back at school.
  • RecceRecce Tiny Little Red DotMember Posts: 893
    Squeezing a mini Ninjago City with tram into a small Ikea coffee table.

Baby_YodastluxLegopantsAddicted2OxygenKLOKRIECHERsnowhitiesid3windrOnebricktoomany
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,822
    edited November 2018
    @stlux what about the disgusting food museum that just opened though? Malmo isnt too far from Billund.
    LostInTranslation
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,194
    @Bumblepants "Only" 325km to Malmö from Billund... I think I'll just concentrate on ABS bricks over the next 3 days ;)