Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,854
    Working on Moltor's Lava Smasher. I'm happy I never got round to that bundle of Nexo Knights sets I bought a year ago on sale; they comfort me on my sickbed (well, sofa) while my brain is mush...
    snowhitieTheOriginalSimonBKerrePumpkin_3CK5MegtheCat
  • tmgm528tmgm528 Member Posts: 457
    @JooTog That the MilF in the center of your room? I think it's okay to go commando around those! ;P
    FizyxKingAlanIJooToggmonkey76
  • KingAlanIKingAlanI Rochester, NYMember Posts: 2,048
    @JooTog pesky bed getting in way of bedroom lego storage

Took another look at 2018 sets. #41334 a maybe for park or music displays

Friends bedroom sets have exacerbated version of common problem with theme of tiled furniture minidolls can't actually use
  • gratefulnatgratefulnat SwitzerlandMember Posts: 278
    snowhitie said:
    I'm having fun with Ninjago city this week. So many different techniques!
    Definitely one of my favorite builds over the last few years, every part has its own uniqueness and yet it all somehow comes together wonderfully.
    Makes me want to build it again!
    snowhitieOnebricktoomanyGibbo1959Aanchir
  • KLOKRIECHERKLOKRIECHER GermanyMember Posts: 122
    I found a place for my Taj Mahal for now...
    FizyxSwitchfoot55gratefulnatJooTogFowlerBricksAddicted2OxygenOnebricktoomany
  • JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,244
    edited January 2018
    I haven't posted on BS for quite a long time, but have been following a number of threads, to keep in touch with what's going on.
    For my own part, I managed to grab #70620 NINJAGO City a while ago, but it is currently sitting in the closet, waiting for some space for it to be built. I think I'll have to dismantle #21137 The Mountain Cave finally.

I picked up a couple of Star Wars sets, even though I promised myself that I wouldn't fall down that rabbit hole. I've decided to only pick up a few small sets to get hold of the main and iconic characters from the OT, so bought the following:

#75137 Carbon-Freezing Chamber - Han, Boba and an Ugnaught
    #75167 Bounty Hunter Speeder Bike Battle Pack - Dengar, Bossk, 4-LOM and IG-88
    #75168 Yoda's Jedi Starfighter - I know the set's not OT, but it's a nice ship and gives me Yoda and R2-D2
    #75173 Luke's Landspeeder - Luke, Ben, C-3PO and a Tusken Raider
    #75183 Darth Vader Transformation - Again, not OT, but Darth Vader and The Emperor

I really now just need to add a Princess Leia & Chewbacca somehow, as well as a couple of other possibilities, such as Lando.

For my perennial favourite, LEGO Minecraft, I grabbed both #21135 The Crafting Box 2.0 and #21136 The Ocean Monument to complete my collection up to the end of 2017. I'm definitely planning on getting the 2018 sets, as they all look really great. I'm definitely looking at getting at least a couple of #21138 The Melon Farm and #21139 The Nether Fight for additional Villagers and Zombie Pigmen.

Other probable additions this year will be #10257 Carousel and the mooted roller coaster.

Finally, I've been very torn with #10260 Downtown Diner, as I took a bit of an instant dislike to it to begin with. Too modern. Too American (sorry!). However, I watched Jang's review of it and it has definitely grown on me and I think that I'll just have to pick it up, as it does look like a great set.

Phew! I think that's more than enough of an update for now. ;-)

Happy New Year to all Bricksetters! :-)

PS: Where's the Minecraft 2018 thread? I can't find it! ;-)
    stluxBumblepantsMaffyDMegtheCatsnowhitieLittleLori
  • gratefulnatgratefulnat SwitzerlandMember Posts: 278
    You might want to add a few more sets to that dispaly with so much free space!
    ;-)
    KLOKRIECHERFizyxAddicted2OxygenOnebricktoomanyoldtodd33MegtheCat
    Oh, I completely forgot to mention the Christmas debacle...

The other half and I tend not to spend a lot on each other for Xmas, as it's more for the kids, but there were 2 suspiciously rectangular, rattly presents with my name on them under the tree! Had she bought me a couple of nice City / Creator / Minecraft sets??!! I was on tenterhooks.

Now, I've always told her to not buy any LEGO without first checking with me, as she might get something that I don't collect or already have. Well, she didn't check and I'm afraid my face must have given me away when I opened:

#75177 First Order Heavy Scout Walker
    #75120 K-2SO

Now, the thought was lovely but, oh dear! I honestly can't think of any two sets that I have less desire for.

I don't think I'll be getting LEGO for Christmas 2018... :-(
    stluxFizyxsid3windrAddicted2OxygencatwranglerMegtheCatTheOriginalSimonB
  • redarmyredarmy AberdeenMember Posts: 729
    edited January 2018
    Definitely a great way to prevent dust from getting on your shelves..;-)
    KLOKRIECHEROnebricktoomanyLegopantsgmonkey76
  • chrisalddinchrisalddin UKMember Posts: 3,013
    i am looking at my new unopened #21310 box.
    i'd like to open it and start to build it but 1st i need to find a place to put it.
    going to have to make room. and i not 100% on how to do that....
    maybe it is time to get more bookcase units. only thing is. i would still have to unbuild stuff just to fit the bookcase's in to the room.
    hmmmm i dont use that window. and i have it so no light can get in to the room.
    maybe put a bookcase unit ware it is. nope. can not do that. ( it is a fire exit. )
    well i hope it is still a fire exit. never tryed to exit that way after the new windows got put in.

are the joys of the AFOL. who has more Lego than room to display it all.
  • CaptainLegoCaptainLego FloridaMember Posts: 385
    edited January 2018
    Just finished my Bugatti Veyron MOC. SC Chiron is there for comparison. After all, it is the Veyron’s successor.

FowlerBrickssid3windrKLOKRIECHEROnebricktoomanyVorpalRyuBumblepantsMaffyDcatwrangler

Made a few changes to my Veyron MOC.
    VorpalRyuKLOKRIECHERFowlerBricksmadejp86
    Finished building the nutcracker.
    FowlerBrickscatwranglerRsa33
    Haven't built an Ideas set for a while...
    sid3windrFowlerBricksFizyxsnowhitie
  • omniumomnium Brickenham, UKMember Posts: 815
    @KLOKRIECHER - I enjoy your images, but any chance you could resize them to something smaller? (800 pixels wide is plenty).
    I'm finding this thread to be a big suck on my mobile data when you include a lot of 4MB images; and my fibre broadband even struggles :-O
    sid3windrLostInTranslationYodaliciousShibFowlerBricksvizzitorsnowhitie
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,452
    Ahh, Lego's VIP mailing system is made by the same guys who do the web site, it seems... I was quite intrigued by the issue with balance vs reward - did I dream it was 100pt/5€ ? Was it really 1000 points?

A quick doublecheck on the web site cured my pains..

I wonder how you can **** something that simple up so easily...
    KLOKRIECHERvizzitorJenniKerrecatwranglerLego_StarMegtheCatsnowhitieKingAlanI
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,664
    ^^Yup, they said I had £45 available but I actually have £5 because I spent the £45 on the GBHQ a couple months ago.
  • WatfordScottyMWatfordScottyM Member Posts: 439
    My emails says I have £80, but actually I have £45.  I wonder if they're adding another users balance to the emails?
  • arathemisarathemis sometimes here, sometimes thereMember Posts: 359
    ^you don`t know but they are being proactive. Someone at Lego got this report a couple of months ago, to be sure they have it handy on January 19th to send it to people. So you have the data from a couple of months ago.

I can`t believe you didn`t figure this out
    sid3windrLEGO_Dad77
  • Mr_HobblesMr_Hobbles San FranciscoMember Posts: 302
    I too got the email screw up. I have 1,004 points worth £50, but the email I just got said I have 125 points worth £5.

A quick check on the website suggests the email is just wrong thankfully. Otherwise I'd have been quite unhappy! :)
  • mustang69mustang69 North CarolinaMember Posts: 483
    I got an email too. It got my hopes up since we bought the Joker Manor the day after Christmas. It was originally set to "Ships in 30 days" but now its in backordered. When I saw the email I thought that might mean it was going to ship. Sadly it's still listed as backordered. Not to mention the balance is wrong anyway.
  • chrisalddinchrisalddin UKMember Posts: 3,013
    finished the old fishing store.
    it's a grate build. and looks grate on display.
    now to save up for the feb GWP on lego.com
    My latest MOC: Ferrari F355 Berlinetta.

I wish I could figure out a way to include some rear exhaust, but it’s fine for now.
    KLOKRIECHERcatwranglermadejp86
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,485
    Finished building the nutcracker.

anyone else watching Supernatural way too much and knowing exactly what comes to my mind each time I see this set?
    datsunrobbie
  • Lego_Lord_MayorcaLego_Lord_Mayorca H-Town, USAMember Posts: 565
    Icy weather and snowfall really brought Houston to a halt this week, but I finally got my big Christmas gift to myself in the mail yesterday: sealed, so-new-looking-they-might-have-time-travelled-from-1994, sets from LEGO Town's RESQ911 theme. I got the Central Precinct HQ, Surveillance Squad, Hook and Ladder, and the long-sought, much-desired, Flame Fighters! It wasn't the first time I purchased MISB sets from the 1990s before, but these four are in such particularly good shape, I felt like I just came out of a Wal-Mart when I was seven years old again. Can't wait to build them and integrate them into my Town layout someday.
    MegtheCatBumblepantsYodaliciousOnebricktoomanyMAGNINOMINISUMBRAcatwrangler

Made changes to my F355 MOC. Much happier with it now.
    KLOKRIECHERFowlerBricksmadejp86
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,527
    My email said I had to get 34 points for my next reward of £5.
    They had me worried for a short time.... :(
    Fortunately the [email protected] site retains my true figures. :)
    TLG need a new set of IT programmers.  
    Starting a new series on my YouTube channel:

• milambermilamber Norfolk UKMember Posts: 626
    In Norwich to see Brick Wonders

Saw it a couple of times after Christmas. London Bridge was the best one, I thought. Seemed to contain a number of the medieval market 10193 sets mind which just made me want a couple, but the prices are silly.
    I decided that alongside the ‘Hemi Cuda, I want to build this car. Ferrari 288 GTO Evoluzione: 

488 Spider, ‘32 Ford, and 300SL are also planned as well. Just waiting on the parts. The Ford is this in red: 

The 488 Spider is basically this but six wide. This one is actually 8 wide. The GTB in this book was the basis for my blacked out SC 488 GTB.

And the 300SL will be built thanks to a good looking build on Flickr that I’ll be using as a reference.
    KLOKRIECHERFowlerBricksLEGO_Dad77
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,854
    After the reference to Brick Wonders, I looked up their Old London Bridge model and found this animated short! Love it. :) 

Also, we've received our spare parts for the Maze - still a few to put in, in harder to reach places...
    KLOKRIECHERstluxTheOriginalSimonBmilamberFizyxsnowhitie
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,129
     Mighty fine to receive on a Saturday afternoon...
    bandit778FizyxLego_StarKLOKRIECHERsnowhitie
    LEGO status? Totally destroyed. :-(

Blasted shelves collapsed and wrecked everything.

I can't even think how long it's going to take to rebuild everything. Somewhere in that pile is Bag End, a Minecraft Ocean Monument, bits of various Winter Village, City and Creator sets, plus my whole Minecraft microfig display.

I've already cleared most of the mess up, which included a load of earth from the cacti that were on the windowsill and smashed.

Utterly distraught. :-(
    BumblepantsFowlerBricksdmcc0Mr_CrossLEGO_Dad77
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,135
    And a new pair of sunglasses!
    dmcc0
  • Lego_Lord_MayorcaLego_Lord_Mayorca H-Town, USAMember Posts: 565
    Today, I opened the Central Precinct HQ (set #6398) and discovered that in spite of being sealed since 1993, it was missing its sticker sheet! Granted, I was going to avoid putting on STAMPs, but still, several of the stickers define the look of the building as a police station. Time to search the aftermarket for a sticker sheet.
    As much as I like SC windscreens, the traditional windscreens works better for certain cars:

I’m also going to be using my posts as an excuse to show other MOC ideas that I have. In this case, I added this to my list. Brabus Rocket 900.

For the vehicles I build on my own, I’m basically aiming for cars that have little to no builds of them, or at least no small scale builds.  
    KLOKRIECHERmadejp86LEGO_Dad77
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,994
    @JudgeChuck that's pretty crappy. Good luck with the tidy up!
    MooreFXcatwrangler
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,769
    @JudgeChuck. I am so sorry, I'm devastated for you.  There's no quick-fix solution.  :(
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,611
    @JudgeChuck thats a big fear of mine, two floating shelves are over my Modular st. If they came down there would be weeks of work rebuilding.

Good luck with the repairs.
    Thanks all. I'm just going to have to be very methodical and work set by set. I think I've managed to collect most of the LEGO together, but I'm sure I'll be finding odd bits for months.
    MaffyD
    @Speedman29 don't wait for the worst to happen, like I did. Double-check it now and make sure they're not overloaded!
    Speedman29Legoboy
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,611
    My shelves are Ikea floating ones, mounting on good quality plasterboard fixings. Theoretically they are good for 20kgs each, both are well under that level, but I do check from time to time to make sure they haven't moved at all!
    edited January 2018
    ^ Absolutely no f-ing way would I be brave enough to load a floating shelf on plasterboard fixings.  Even good quality ones.  Honestly, you're asking for trouble.
    SumoLegoFizyxSpeedman29xwingpilotgmonkey76
    ^ That don't leave much.  ;)
    SumoLegodavetheoxygenmanxwingpilotAddicted2Oxygenstarwars4everKingAlanI
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,132
    edited January 2018
    I knew there was a plus side to having no room to display any more than 2 sets at a time. @JudgeChuck, you have my sympathies, that's a lot of sets to sort out. Small silver lining to it is at least Lego sets have built in break points and can be fixed. Just as well you weren't into collecting Hot Toys or Gentle Giant statues, they don't fall very well (my IG-88 will never be the same again) :(
  • omniumomnium Brickenham, UKMember Posts: 815
    SumoLego said:
    Legoboy said:
    ^ Absolutely no f-ing way would I be brave enough to load a floating shelf on plasterboard fixings.
    If I can't hang on it - LEGO don't go on it.
    I've just read this taken a break from doing some DIY, getting the loft ready for more LEGO :-)

All of the walls in my house are plasterboard. If you use the right fixings, you can hang a lot of weight on them.

The fixings I'm using are rated to take 50kg per screw. If you hang a shelf, you should probably be using a minimum of two screws, most likely one screw per 50cm of shelf. And a bit of glue behind the baton for the shelf will add extra strength. If you can't hang from that, you must be Thor, complete with hammer. Either way, a bit of LEGO will be grand.