Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• KLOKRIECHERKLOKRIECHER GermanyMember Posts: 119
    Time to build another Mighty Micro and a LEGO Batman Movie set:

BumblepantsFowlerBricksLegopantsMegtheCatLEGO_Dad77
  • jediami65jediami65 United StatesMember Posts: 474
    Sorting, selling sealed/opened boxes, Lego store containers of unused parts. On way to changing career, at least trying and need room for new equipment. Not going to completely abandon lego but going from thousands spent a year to just a couple key sets. Have sold 60% sealed set in last 18 months and still so many to go image is only a 1/4 of what's left.
    BumblepantsFowlerBricksKLOKRIECHERMegtheCatLittleLorikiki180703
  • FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,661
    ^Kendo Kai is my favorite from that series! I've been trying to get him from the start. Five CMF's later and I still haven't found him. Even through feeling and I'm pretty good at it. Is he a more rare minifig? Is there less in each box?
  • Casper_vd_KorfCasper_vd_Korf Twente, The NetherlandsMember Posts: 61
    ^ I think there are 20 ninjago collectable figures, and there are 60 figures in a box, so 3 in each box.
    FowlerBricks
    ^Urgh. That's not good odds.
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,725
    ^ No, but pretty good odds I'll get 3 full sets in a sealed box.  ;)  I know what I'd prefer.
    SumoLegoFowlerBricksstluxkiki180703
  • BrikingBriking Dorset, UKMember Posts: 750
    @SirBrickalotOfLego I think that the Diner looks much better next to the PC.  The entertainment district of town!
    SirBrickalotOfLego
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,385
    Legoboy said:
    ^ No, but pretty good odds I'll get 3 full sets in a sealed box.  ;)  I know what I'd prefer.
    I certainly hope so!  I've got sealed TLBM and TLNM cases that depend on it.
    LegoboyFowlerBricksFizyxkiki180703
  • xwingpilotxwingpilot UKMember Posts: 797
    edited January 2018
    SumoLego said:

20,000 Likes can't be wrong...
    Yeah, but it's all about the likes/posts ratio* ;)

* Which you've also done rather well on...
    BrickByBrick
  • chrisalddinchrisalddin UKMember Posts: 2,868
    snowhitie said:
    The three kings came and went so the Xmas tree has to go. Gave me a chance to take a first time picture of the full collection of ornaments. So happy I've got all tree, thanks to @MaffyD .

that cool...
    but i am still ticked off that there was not 2018 tree set this year......
  • SirBrickalotOfLegoSirBrickalotOfLego WalesMember Posts: 420
    @chrisalddin it’s only January!
    BumblepantsAstrobricks
    Had a very LEGO-focused weekend with little miss xwingpilot building all her Elves and Friends sets :)
    Speedman29AanchirJennikiki180703
  • AndyPolAndyPol UKMember Posts: 373
    Trying to find room for my Ninjago City...
    Aanchir
  • chrisalddinchrisalddin UKMember Posts: 2,868
    @chrisalddin it’s only January!
    EPIC Miss type... !!!! i ment to time 2017*
    xwingpilot said:
    Yeah, but it's all about the likes/posts ratio* ;)
    * Which you've also done rather well on...
    I am a five-tool player.  Volume and quantity...

Courtesy of Wikipedia:

5-tool player

The ideal position player (non-pitcher); an athlete who excels at: 1. hitting for average; 2. hitting for power; 3. baserunning skills and speed; 4. throwing ability; and 5. fielding abilities.
    snowhitie
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,917
    edited January 2018
    ^ I'd heard of a tool but never that.

A lot of breaking down and sorting white pieces to build and MOC a new WV next year. My son helped and SW we listened to Winnie the Pooh. Quite relaxing. I couldn't resist to do a tiny bit of building though, ready for a summer village (right @Redbullgivesuwind )

I really liked the original 'treestand' feels very real to me, usually something repurposed. With special thanks to @bandit778.
    bandit778catwranglerLittleLoriKLOKRIECHERMooreFXsid3windrRedbullgivesuwindoldtodd33kiki180703
  • truck730truck730 Member Posts: 246
    I don't need any more Lego ,I just want All the Lego, I love to build it ,I don't break it up but it's in boxes ,30 euro sets max  so nothing big ,trying to only get truck stuff(love SCANIA) but remembering as a kid and the joy of building gives me that priceless fuzzy feeling, now my 4yr girl and nephew get some benefit of my  stuff but I do go President Business slightly when they play with the toy, I'm getting less PB the more they play so it's a form of therapy too. Status:Lego lovin trucker
    LittleLoriMooreFX
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,679
    snowhitie said:
    The three kings came and went so the Xmas tree has to go. Gave me a chance to take a first time picture of the full collection of ornaments. So happy I've got all tree, thanks to @MaffyD .

My absolute pleasure @snowhitie ! They look great together!
    snowhitie
  • KerreKerre In a bar, under the sea.Member Posts: 411
    edited January 2018
    Lego powerlunch/minifig rum. As I’m in the Leicester Square Store, I was just told the Lester purchase limit has been lifted!

Just after getting a bunch of Guards from Hamleys.  
    omniumstluxsnowhitieLostInTranslationMegtheCatsid3windrkiki180703
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,626
    ^^Hmm, would it be a good idea to get those older receipts out to gain those VIP points for all those Lesters I've purchased for international friends? Is it worth the risk of being blacklisted from the VIP program or the store itself? I'm sure I picked up over twelve for sure since they've been out.
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,540
    In other news, I built 4 small/medium sized sets this weekend. Good start to the year!
    Speedman29
    Adzbadboy said:
    ...I'm sure I picked up over twelve for sure since they've been out...
    There is nothing wrong with building an army of Lesters...
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 1,699
    My Lego Status is more in the form of a question at the moment. 

In using BL data to price sets for sale, should one consider the location of current sellers as meaningful data?

For example, if only 1 of 40 listings are selling in the USA, could that potentially increase the dollar amount at which I started the pricing if I intended on selling only in the USA? Obviously at some point it doesn't work if my price is more expensive than buying from another seller and paying the shipping/taxes is cheaper. But my Lego brain wheels are turning and I'm curious.

Would anyone be able to offer some thoughts on the matter? 
    My Lego Status is more in the form of a question at the moment. 

In using BL data to price sets for sale, should one consider the location of current sellers as meaningful data?

For example, if only 1 of 40 listings are selling in the USA, could that potentially increase the dollar amount at which I started the pricing if I intended on selling only in the USA? Obviously at some point it doesn't work if my price is more expensive than buying from another seller and paying the shipping/taxes is cheaper. But my Lego brain wheels are turning and I'm curious.

Would anyone be able to offer some thoughts on the matter? 
    It depends on what people are willing to pay and where they are. When I sell on Bricklink, I usually try to just be the lowest price, but I also only sell when I want to get rid of something so that works for me. My advice is just try listing at a higher price. You can always change it if it doesn't sell.
  • CaptainLegoCaptainLego FloridaMember Posts: 385
    I ordered parts via Bricklink in preparation for when I recieve this book:

Can’t wait for it to arrive. I’ve seen a couple of previews, and it looks really good. I plan on building the Ferrari 488 GTB from this.
    Due to impatience, I learned that the 488 is actually 8 wide. However, I still am looking forward to this book. I’ll be challenging myself by building the larger scale cars in this book in SC scale. 

As for the 488, it was the first to be shrunk down. I used the preview on Google Books+the final result on Flickr:

I was REALLY impatient, okay?
    omniumKLOKRIECHERsid3windrmadejp86kiki180703
    Building more Speed Champions sets:
    FowlerBricksLEGO_Dad77LegopantsMooreFXdspigelCaptainLegocatwranglermadejp86kiki180703
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,679
    ^ That Audi driver is being very fastidious - vacuuming his car like that.
    Fizyxsid3windrkiki180703
  • CharmiefcbCharmiefcb SydneyMember Posts: 185
    Went from I can wait for Downtown Diner when it first came out to I MUST HAVE IT and ordering it 30 minutes ago.
    I have no self discipline when it comes to certain things.
    FowlerBrickstallblocktooPolyphemuskiki180703
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,382
    A nice man from Yodel just brought me a rattly box.  Once again a switch in the day I usually work from home has had unexpected benefits!
    ^I dunno, the gray looks good.
    Switchfoot55BumblepantsomniumBrickByBricksid3windrMynattkiki180703
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,691
    omnium said:
    I reckon I'd like a parking lot to the left of #10260 Downtown Diner, so I figured I need a few different colour cars to park there. So I've built a white version of the Cadillac from the set.

I've realised that I don't have any spare white wheel arches in that style. The only ones I own are in Parisian Restaurant, and I'm not breaking that down. So Bricklink it is!

Louis Tully is heading out for lunch at Jim's Downtown Diner.

LEGO Cadillac

I’d be tempted to go for a classic red interior. :)
    MaffyD said:
    And what's with the Ferrari clone trooper?
    MaffyD
  • omniumomnium Brickenham, UKMember Posts: 795
    omnium said:
    I reckon I'd like a parking lot to the left of #10260 Downtown Diner, so I figured I need a few different colour cars to park there. So I've built a white version of the Cadillac from the set.

I've realised that I don't have any spare white wheel arches in that style. The only ones I own are in Parisian Restaurant, and I'm not breaking that down. So Bricklink it is!

LEGO Cadillac

I’d be tempted to go for a classic red interior. :)

That was the original plan, but I only have the new 1x3 jumper plates with two studs in black. I know how to hack it to use 1x2 jumper plates with 1 stud, but the the front headrests are a bit loose. I guess as it's only for me displaying it, it'll be fine.

I also used 1x3x1 doors with a 1x1 bricks and a 1x2 panel underneath because I don't have any 1x3x2 doors.
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,382
    Playing around with the parts from #10403 - not seen the 3 x 1 double slope piece before. 

FowlerBricksMooreFXFizyxsnowhitieKLOKRIECHERkiki180703
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,939
    Playing around with the parts from #10403 - not seen the 3 x 1 double slope piece before. 
    There's definitely one in one of the '89 Forestmen sets - so it's been around for a while, if not commonly used! (At least I think that's where I've seen it before!)
    rd1899BumblepantsKingAlanIkiki180703
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,409
    I prefer the grey mudguards actually. All the white is a bit too much for me, the grey breaks it up nicely and the red looks great on the interior
    omniumFowlerBricksFizyxBumblepantskiki180703
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,691
    ^^ Very nice. Has LEGO ever created a fender piece that covered the outside of the wheel, like in some of those old 50s cars?
    omnium
  • CaptainLegoCaptainLego FloridaMember Posts: 385
    omnium said:

LEGO Cadillac

I have to build one of these at some point.
    I like how it’s a six wide with room for three minifigures.
    omnium
  • PapaBearPapaBear East CoastMember Posts: 408
    jediami65 said:
    Sorting, selling sealed/opened boxes, Lego store containers of unused parts. On way to changing career, at least trying and need room for new equipment. Not going to completely abandon lego but going from thousands spent a year to just a couple key sets. Have sold 60% sealed set in last 18 months and still so many to go image is only a 1/4 of what's left.
    Good luck getting rid of that Alien Mothership.  It took me forever to get rid of that thing.  Although, after 6 years, it looks like it's almost at MSRP.
    KLOKRIECHER
    MaffyD said:
    And what's with the Ferrari clone trooper?
    The Ferrari trooper is my sigfig I'm using a lot in my YouTube videos.
    FowlerBricks