Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,458
    @snowhitie Such a fun set! I look forward to the day I have time to mod mine into a much bigger/longer bridge.
    snowhitieTheBigLegoski
  • FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,674
    What is Aunt May doing trying to drive a Police ATV??
    snowhitie
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,458
    @snowhitie I got two last year from Target really cheaply. Definitely needs an additional center section between the two supports to look right though. I might convert mine to a train bridge.
    bandit778TheBigLegoski
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,603
    Popped into Sainsburys on my way home from work to get some food shopping, came out with a discounted #75161 kicking myself for not picking up the Y-Wing version when it was on sale recently. Just need that and two more to complete my Microfighters collection up to 2017
    TheBigLegoski
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,854
    Bit of a frustrating evening at our house; my partner has built the Maze he got last Christmas (it was not a year conducive to a lot of big Lego projects), but found five missing pieces. I'll see about getting those replaced tomorrow, but I'm a bit boggled; I've never seen anything like it! 

On the up side, the Bus Station I bought on Ebay with the discount code has arrived. 
    FowlerBricksTheBigLegoski
  • kiki180703kiki180703 Montreal, CanadaMember Posts: 1,045
    Currently building the #42055 Bucket Wheel Excavator and there are so many bags! Some of them are even missing from the picture below. I also finally finished my Firehouse HQ, and I built the Berlin Skyline and the BMW Technic motorcycle. The suspension of the latter is amazing!

TheBigLegoskibandit778FizyxtallblocktooKLOKRIECHERMooreFXcatwrangler
  • CaptainLegoCaptainLego FloridaMember Posts: 385

This is my latest MOC: Gumpert Apollo S.
    FowlerBricksKLOKRIECHERcatwranglermadejp86
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,769
    SumoLego said:

Just finished the Saturn V! I need to build a better support system for it. 
    Agreed - leaning towers tend to make for bad supports...
    That was so bad.  Awful!
    FizyxSumoLegoBumblepantsBricklover18kiki180703SeijiAmasawa
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 880
    Legoboy said:
    SumoLego said:
    Agreed - leaning towers tend to make for bad supports...
    That was so bad.  Awful!
    I would tell him that he should feel bad for that one, but we all know @SumoLego feels no shame! :P
    SumoLegoLegoboykiki180703SeijiAmasawa
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,769
    ^ I think Likes should be deducted for trying too hard or a truly bad one and that was indeed.... a truly bad one.  I am not surprised you booed yourself.
    Bumblepantskiki180703SumoLegoMaffyD
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,864
    We went to the Leicester Square store for the first time yesterday. 10 minute wait to get in so not too bad, although it wasn't that busy inside so I'm not sure why they were making people queue. For a flagship store, I wasn't that impressed. It looked much bigger on the TV documentary. The Tube, Big Ben, and especially the wall mosaic were great, but the rest was no different to regular stores. I was quite surprised at customer service too. Upstairs knew nothing about the birthday set voucher from the calendar, so we had to go downstairs (luckily no queues at the tills). Downstairs then claimed the only birthday passport stamp was upstairs, and both claimed not to have the Leicester Square stamp (eventually downstairs found one). Lots of staff around, but chatting to each other rather than customers. Do they really need four people on the door? I'm glad we saw the models, but I'm not sure we'd go again for shopping. Didn't buy anything in the end, just got the stamps and the birthday freebie. 
    sid3windr
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 1,233
    ^ I visited the Leicester Square store last year and wasn't enormously impressed either. I'd just been to the Whisky Show with my brother, so I was obviously fairly well lubricated at the time. So, even with the enhancements of 'beer (whisky) goggles' it didn't really wow me.

"Today, I 'as mostly been buying Batman Mini-figures!" (Jesse's Lego purchases).
    LEGO_Dad77
  • SirBrickalotOfLegoSirBrickalotOfLego WalesMember Posts: 488
    ^ Oh, and I should add that I now have a pounding headache and feel fatigued as hell, so maybe I should lay off the big builds for a while... :)
  • bookmumbookmum londonMember Posts: 1,212
    @CCC did you then go to the M+M store across from Lego Store at Leicester Square? It is scary in there. Scary! 
    Legopants
  • xwingpilotxwingpilot UKMember Posts: 797
    CCC said:
    We went to the Leicester Square store for the first time yesterday. 10 minute wait to get in so not too bad, although it wasn't that busy inside so I'm not sure why they were making people queue. For a flagship store, I wasn't that impressed. It looked much bigger on the TV documentary. The Tube, Big Ben, and especially the wall mosaic were great, but the rest was no different to regular stores. I was quite surprised at customer service too. Upstairs knew nothing about the birthday set voucher from the calendar, so we had to go downstairs (luckily no queues at the tills). Downstairs then claimed the only birthday passport stamp was upstairs, and both claimed not to have the Leicester Square stamp (eventually downstairs found one). Lots of staff around, but chatting to each other rather than customers. Do they really need four people on the door? I'm glad we saw the models, but I'm not sure we'd go again for shopping. Didn't buy anything in the end, just got the stamps and the birthday freebie. 
    Wow - almost the opposite experience that I had.

Admittedly I went on my own whilst in London on a work trip. I went in the evening - no waiting to get in, the staff were all chatty (to the customers) and they were giving away polys to the kids in the store and marking up CMF bags so people knew what was in them! 
    FowlerBricksomniumLEGO_Dad77kiki180703
  • xwingpilotxwingpilot UKMember Posts: 797
    bookmum said:
    @CCC did you then go to the M+M store across from Lego Store at Leicester Square? It is scary in there. Scary! 
    I looked down in there from the street and thought the same!
  • BrikingBriking Dorset, UKMember Posts: 758
    @SirBrickalotOfLego Thanks for posting the photo of the Diner next to AS.  That staircase and the top two floors look kind of cramped when set next to another building.
  • KLOKRIECHERKLOKRIECHER GermanyMember Posts: 121
    Today I built the Flash vs. Captain Cold Mighty Micro set:

OnebricktoomanyFowlerBricksLEGO_Dad77MooreFX
    Built this today. This is my attempt at a Honda/Acura NSX Type R.

KLOKRIECHERricecakexwingpilotOnebricktoomanyMooreFXMaffyDmadejp86
    Briking said:
    @SirBrickalotOfLego Thanks for posting the photo of the Diner next to AS.  That staircase and the top two floors look kind of cramped when set next to another building.
    No problem, although personally I think it looks pretty good. Here’s it from the other side;

I think it looks equally as effective, but I’m more drawn to the initial one. If you want any other configurations, let me know, as I have all the modulars since 2013 + the Grand Emporium.
    FowlerBricksKLOKRIECHERMegtheCatMooreFXAyliffe
  • ClutchPowerClutchPower Austin, TexasMember Posts: 220
    Hey, are sausages still trending?

• VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,526
    ^ I think it is better like this.
    Although splitting the two blue buildings with a contrasting colour modular may look even better?
    SirBrickalotOfLego
  • OdeinoichusOdeinoichus CanadaMember Posts: 342
    Opening 10 New LEGO Batman Series 2 Minifigures... No dupes and only 5 more to go to have the complete 20 if my feeling of the bags is accurate to the predictions made.
    MooreFX
    Venunder said:
    ^ I think it is better like this.
    Although splitting the two blue buildings with a contrasting colour modular may look even better?
    Definitely, I’m thinking the PR.

Wouldn't the 50's Diner look best next to the Palace Cinema? Or am I just horribly mistaken?

9 out of 10 mystery bags guessed right. Vacation Alfred somehow turned out to be Killer Moth. So 5 more to track down, Vacation Alfred, FaF Alfred, General Zod, Black Vulcan and Vacation Dick Grayson.

snowhitieFowlerBrickskiki180703MooreFX
  • Coolguy5000Coolguy5000 Ireland Member Posts: 1,540
    Yep Diner definitely looks better that side of assembly square but I think that's because the walkway doesn't feel as cramped. I think any building on that side won't do it any favors though.

PS. Recently changed my username : scoiltreasa >>>>> Coolguy5000 to go with my bricklink username.
    FowlerBrickscatwrangler
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,603
    Picked up a second 21 litre Really Useful Box in the Hobbycraft sales. We bought one after Christmas to put all the new train set bits in....it was already full and we still had two boxes of track and the Winter train to go in. A second one means we can divide up track and rolling stock nicely. We now have 21 litres of track!
    GothamConstructionCoFowlerBricks
  • chrisalddinchrisalddin UKMember Posts: 3,013

Wouldn't the 50's Diner look best next to the Palace Cinema? Or am I just horribly mistaken?

That’s where I’ve placed mine, I think it looks fantastic.

Man... Look at the dust on that Palace Cinema........
    Switchfoot55SirBrickalotOfLegoFowlerBricksOnebricktoomany
    @chrisalddin Ah yes, dust, mortal ememy of Lego collections :) funnily enough I just dusted it down along with the rest of them.
    FowlerBrickschrisalddinOnebricktoomanyLEGO_Dad77KingAlanI
    I ordered parts via Bricklink in preparation for when I recieve this book:

Can’t wait for it to arrive. I’ve seen a couple of previews, and it looks really good. I plan on building the Ferrari 488 GTB from this.
    FowlerBrickscatwranglerFizyxSumoLegoKLOKRIECHER
  • CommanderJigglypuffCommanderJigglypuff NetherlandsMember Posts: 63
    I'm looking for a way to display all my Suit guys in a moc, but I currently have zero inspiration.. I've searched the entire web for some examples, but all people make are vignittes or display minifig cases. 

Has anyone have a good idea where all the suit guys could come together? I've come up with a birthday party, carnival or fairground.
    FowlerBricks
  • chrisalddinchrisalddin UKMember Posts: 3,013
    i think when i brack down WV this year i going to keep the Train Station build so i can use it as a Station for when i do train layouts on the floor.
    catwrangler
    I'm looking for a way to display all my Suit guys in a moc, but I currently have zero inspiration.. I've searched the entire web for some examples, but all people make are vignittes or display minifig cases. 

Has anyone have a good idea where all the suit guys could come together? I've come up with a birthday party, carnival or fairground.

Try a masquerade inspired by the scene in the peter sellers Pink Panther film.