Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,734
    edited February 2012
    Checking house prices in the US somewhere between a Wal-mart, Target, K-Mart, Toys R Us and Brand Store.
    And added to list of LEGO items is an assistant - one who will do some of the sorting, organizing and buying.
    I think I could do with one of them, maybe to list the used parts on BrickLink = most tedious job in the world.
  • chakinochakino Member Posts: 159
    "wonders if lego forgot to put the surgeons in the new minifigures packs"
  • JenniJenni JapanMember Posts: 1,390
    is disturbed to realize that she has now memorized Target's DCPI number for the Valentine's polybag. Useful, but disturbing nonetheless.
  • legonut80legonut80 UKMember Posts: 314
    My little girl must be feeling better she's got my log cabin with her emma's sun bed and the outdoor bakery inside it, making squeaky voices with her brother :) playing nicely together
    Listening as my husband and daughter build the Droid Escape and being amused at the many ways she can mess up saying R2D2 and C3PO.
  • cynthilinacynthilina Member Posts: 188
    I would say my status is, To many legos and no where to build them right now
  • legoDadlegoDad Member Posts: 529
    edited February 2012
    Finished building 9492 Tie-Fighter. Good technique to firm up the wings.
    Fantastic looking display model as well.
  • OdinduskOdindusk Member Posts: 763
    "Bought a couple more polybags from eBay this week. These little bastards really add up. And I wonder why I can rarely afford the big sets..."
  • Si_UKNZSi_UKNZ NZMember Posts: 4,179
    parting out marins and pig farms and v happy with the parts for the price
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,577
    ^^ So true...

Going to dedicate myself today to working on my various Lego projects, and try to resist responding to @Matthew's provocation to make me lose our wager. Have bitten my tongue many times already... :-)
  • richoricho Member Posts: 3,830
    The latest Hogwarts Train is finished. ^ thanks @LostInTranslation!

My daughter is very taken with the Luna Lovegood figure which is now a firm favourite on the minifig front. Is this the best Potter minifig?

Am also thinking about trying to start a Cloud City MOC today, but just need that spark to get started.
    Waiting for the post, and for Lucy to give in to temptation...
  • legonut80legonut80 UKMember Posts: 314
    playing hide and seek with Argos again... i really must take note of cat numbers
    Parting out another MMV, what a great parts pack! 1600 pieces for £50 off ebay :o)
    edited February 2012
    I have spent the last hour seeing how far I can get building the offical Cloud City set with the various parts I have lying around. The answer is page 13 of the pdf I found of the instructions, although am a little tired, so could have probably ploughed on with creative modifications. Only major change at the moment is that the table seats are blue, although I can't seem to lay my hands on the string piece with studs at each end that you need for the door mechanism. All I have is the chain style drawbridge string. grr

My gut feel is I can build the whole thing, minus rare minifigs, using my own piece collection and perhaps £10 spend on bricklink for essential missing parts.

and my docking bay and landing pad will be miles better...
  • jb7brownjb7brown Member Posts: 3
    still working on my custom 10179 set. It may take me months. Ugh. But It will be sweet!
  • SupersympaSupersympa SwedenMember Posts: 534
    updating my lego inventory...
    i have 3 months of unregistered sets
  • legirllegirl Member Posts: 105
    attempting my first moc - turning hogwarts castle + battle for hogwarts into one modular building
    ^ Now that sounds like fun. Wish I could get started on my UCS Hogwarts, but I haven't got half of the bricks needed yet :-(
    ^ I would have thought tower bridge might make a good parts pack for that
    I thought that too, but if I laid my hands on one, I could never bring myself to part it out, so I'd have to find two for a half decent price.
    edited February 2012
    amazon.es :)
    I have the same problem, decided to build it to learn the techniques then part it out afterwards.
    edited February 2012
    @Si, wow, £132. I really hate this forum some times. Must avoid, must avoid.
    rich
  • tdhbrtdhbr Member Posts: 188
    Built first train (Yellow Cargo) with my son this weekend, now both boys are zooming it around, crashing it, and laughing hysterically. I may be looking down the long slippery slope of train collecting ....
  • rmarkworthrmarkworth GermanyMember Posts: 86
    @home: Building the Tantive IV with my son.
    @brickset: Categorized all SW and HP sets (setting/correcting the subtheme)
  • alstdaalstda Member Posts: 2
    Wishing I had my LEGO at uni with me :'(
    @alstda: buy some more! I know, by looking at the dates of some of the sets I've got, that they must've been bought with my student loan :P

My status: bored of my never-ending audits, would love to do some building tonight but duty calls, busywork to be done :(
    just found out that the little boy who lives next door has just entered his 'lego phase' and am working out how best to blow his mind - or whether itd be unfair on his parents to set his expectations too high.
  • legirllegirl Member Posts: 105
    ^ Do it! He will be so over the moon!
    ^^ just be prepared for them to send him over to play, frequently!
  • starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,329
    Irritated my 4 year old stepped on my Lego Spongebob Flying Dutchman's hand and broke it in 3 pieces and I can't locate the part online. I have to wait until morning to order it over the phone.
  • OdinduskOdindusk Member Posts: 763
    ^ GROUNDED UNTIL 18
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    Built Cafe Corner this weekend. She's a beauty.
  • dsdg88dsdg88 Member Posts: 133
    Dismayed that my 9 year old son said that he thinks we have too much LEGO.
    And he has no idea how much more is hidden in the closets.
    Where have I gone wrong?
  • MCNwakeboardMCNwakeboard VirginiaMember Posts: 305
    Waiting for some bricklink orders to arrive so I can start building a LOTR moc.
  • murphquakemurphquake Member Posts: 651
    Is the technic half-pin/stud I found under the bed a double extra from the Droid Tri-Fighter or did I lose one there before?
  • stagusstagus Member Posts: 256
    today I am mainly buying Fire Temple from John Lewis.....and drooling about getting home to my TH!
  • MinifigsMeMinifigsMe Member Posts: 2,844
    Wondering how it came to be that my husband builds more lego than me. He's loving the Technic supercar. Another slippery slope?
  • stagusstagus Member Posts: 256
    @Savage_Steel.....to use the immortal words...."He's doomed"
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    I'm falling down the minifig slippery slope and can't get up! No gold chrome C3PO, nnoooo!!!
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,914
    Ordered a Fire Brigade on Target.com and is now paranoid about it after reading reviews of Target.com online.
  • caperberrycaperberry LondonMember Posts: 2,226
    Ordered a Fire Brigade on Target.com and is now paranoid about it after reading reviews of Target.com online.
    Why? I bought it Sunday and now half way through and loving it

• LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,914
    Why? I bought it Sunday and now half way through and loving it

I ordered it off Target.com last night and it still has not shipped yet. I'm paranoid because I read reviews this morning about peoples experiences with Target and getting their orders canceled and such. Since this set is almost going to be discontinued, I don't want to miss such an extraordinary set. I should of have worded my 'status' correctly, sorry if I confused you.
    Looking at a boxed Town Hall and wishing I had the time to build it at the moment.
    Have decided to give my Tower Bridge to the boy next door to unbox and build, he should like that (but he wont like it much when I eventually ask for it back for the parts!)
    Wishing I lived next door to Si, so I could give him puppy dog eyes and build all his Lego
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,790
    Content.
    ^ LOL.
  • MinifigsMeMinifigsMe Member Posts: 2,844
    edited March 2012
    Listening to the click of technic bricks. And now the whirrrr of gears. I have a Happy husband.
  • The_Brick_BuilderThe_Brick_Builder Member Posts: 658
    Waiting to be invoiced for a BrickLink order. Painfully, agonizing wait :(
    I meant to say earlier, my status is also "Loving the generosity of the Brickset community".
    I had a very nice person PM me earlier with an offer to send me a polybag on my want list, just because they had spares and not expecting anything in return. A random act of kindness that typifies why this is such a nice place to be :-)
    Stacks