Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,315
    Don't worry @vizzitor, until we get our Lego room sorted out & finished, the only building @xiahna & I have allowed ourselves is event exclusives & any second-hand sets (just to check they are complete).
    vizzitorcatwrangler
  • josekaleljosekalel Rio Grande Valley, TexasMember Posts: 681
    @vizzitor You know you can always buy smaller sets and build them (you know, those small creator sets) and just have a separate box for them. 
    vizzitor
  • GeddesGeddes Member Posts: 574
    Been too long since I've been here!
    LostInTranslationcatwranglerClutchPower
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,156
    edited May 2017
    Update from yesterday, turns out that the reason I had to contact customer services about my order was to tell me that 2 of the 4 sets that were supposed to be delivered in the lost parcel are now on back order so the won't be despatched until 23rd May.
     The R2 won't be coming at all because they have none but the Hoth Princess Leia key chain that I brought to take the order over the £60 for the R2 will be with me within the next few days (oh the irony).

Fortunatly the very nice ladies at TLG customer services gave me back half of the VIP points that I spent for my troubles so technically the sets have now become over 40% off which made it sort of worth while even though I'll have to source the R2 from somewhere else. 
    On a more positive note, my R3-M2 and yet another Dart Vader Keyring turned up today. :)
    LegoboycatwranglerLego_Star
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366
    ^ Love this idea. Will be making a color reference table ASAP.
  • xwingpilotxwingpilot UKMember Posts: 797
    No review yet, but I'm starting to think that a set of bounty hunters might be a rather nice addition to my display...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/brickset/albums/72157683609036806
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,291
    @xwingpilot - The review will be published tomorrow. Definitely recommended!
    xwingpilotClutchPower
    @Yodalicious, you're not alone, a few people on the AFOLs of FB group have asked for parts lists/instructions, so I'm quickly creating two sets of details, one including glow in the dark translucent & one without.

@xwingpilot, I will be getting one, just think including Dengar is a bit of a waste (considering he was recently in #75145, a large part of why I got it), we have 4-LOM but no Zuckuss... Hopefully another set is planned that will include Zuckuss.
    xwingpilotYodaliciousTheBigLegoski
  • LegopantsLegopants GermanyMember Posts: 2,050

Salamalex said:

^Something for the April monthly building competition? 

@Salamalex - done! :-)
    Salamalexbandit778
    Just in case anyone else wants to build the tr-colour reference chart, I've created XML & LDD files, plus instructions. Made two versions, a 15 colour chart (the one I posted earlier, includes Glow-in-the-dark TR) & 14 colour chart (only current in use TR-colours featured). All the files are located here: http://bricksafe.com/pages/VorpalRyu/lego-tools
    Yodaliciousstlux
  • xwingpilotxwingpilot UKMember Posts: 797

@xwingpilot - The review will be published tomorrow. Definitely recommended!

Great review @CapnRex101

https://brickset.com/article/27993/review-75167-bounty-hunter-speeder-bike-battle-pack
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,489

VorpalRyu said:

Just in case anyone else wants to build the tr-colour reference chart, I've created XML & LDD files, plus instructions. Made two versions, a 15 colour chart (the one I posted earlier, includes Glow-in-the-dark TR) & 14 colour chart (only current in use TR-colours featured). All the files are located here: http://bricksafe.com/pages/VorpalRyu/lego-tools

is the missing color, the glow in the dark one? couldn't figure it out.
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,347
    ...couldn't help myself...

Jennibandit778catwranglerClutchPowerHugeYellowBrickstluxsnowhitiericecakeTheBigLegoski

Fauch said:
    is the missing color, the glow in the dark one? couldn't figure it out.

Yes, the colour missing from the one I've built is the glow-in-the-dark translucent (for a total of 15 colours), waiting on a BrickLink order. I made the 14 colour version for those only interested in having translucent colours currently in use by TLG.
    Reorganised my DC Superheroes Minifigure display this morning....really need to do the Marvel one, but sooooooooo lazy :-P
    SumoLegostluxClutchPower
  • Coolguy5000Coolguy5000 Ireland Member Posts: 1,541
    My status : Finding out the Kylo Ren minifigure I bought a few weeks ago is a mishmash of real and fake parts. It's the takodana version and the lightsaber and helmet was fake :( it was part of a mixed lot that I've only sat to sort. Hopefully the only one.
    Wasn't going to do much else but wound up organising the animal shelf too...a lot of my animals are currently in use for the zoo so it's a bit hodgepodge 
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,240
    Be still, my heart.  If you need more photos, let me know.  A brain surgeon did not create the display...

The gold hydrolator remains my favorite part of the display.
    LegoboyVorpalRyuClutchPower
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,785
    edited May 2017
    ^ My friend, I will not divulge just how long it too me using your photo whilst ensuring it all held together.  The dark base didn't help.  :)  I think I have it but yes please......upload at your leisure, please.  :)

I did it for a laugh but have since taken a fancy to it.  :)
    SumoLegoClutchPower
    My aptitude of MOC is of caveman level.  

https://flic.kr/s/aHsk6Nvd6Y

I have no idea how I am going to do competent MOC of Himeji Castle from two Temples of Airjitsu.
    LegoboyVorpalRyuClutchPower
  • ClutchPowerClutchPower Austin, TexasMember Posts: 220
    Happy Birthday @bookmum! :D
    bookmum
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,358

bandit778 said:

<snip>

Big shout out to Lego as they really do have the best customer services department I have ever dealt with.

And a warehouse choke full of oversized boxes and airbags ;)
    bandit778SprinkleOtterSumoLegosid3windrcatwranglerKingAlanI
  • josekaleljosekalel Rio Grande Valley, TexasMember Posts: 681
    @bandit778 for a moment I thought the polybag was empty...
  • ateagueateague EnglandMember Posts: 171
    Lego customer service are exceptional. Hasn't nothing but good dealing with them and sounds like the same for others
  • Coolguy5000Coolguy5000 Ireland Member Posts: 1,541
    edited May 2017
    My may the4th order of 2 Scarif sets arrived completely smashed but they're sending replacements.(once I return others) My problem is one was supposed to be a gift this Friday so now I've to go buy something else. Anyone know what happens to sets they take back that are smashed and bashed?
    SumoLego
    (I know, but I can't tell you.)
  • Bricklover18Bricklover18 PA, USAMember Posts: 720
    I haven't built any sets in over two months and I really miss it. I just have not had the time to build. I may have to take a trip to target later this week to pick up a new set. 
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,452

Anyone know what happens to sets they take back that are smashed and bashed?

Sold to Amazon for them to send to unsuspecting customers?
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,744

SumoLego said:

(I know, but I can't tell you.)

Auctioned off to employees, I believe.
    SumoLegoKingAlanI
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,785
    Whist raising money for charity.
    SumoLego
    Not auctioned, but that's pretty close.
    SprinkleOtterLegoboy
  • mustang69mustang69 North CarolinaMember Posts: 492
    My status is patiently waiting for the carousel to become available on US [email protected]
  • William_TownsleyWilliam_Townsley Perth, Scotland Member Posts: 880

SumoLego said:

Not auctioned, but that's pretty close.

Raffled?
    Somebody dun goofed.... I want one!!
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,798
    ^ the creator 3 in 1 is a fab little set, and without spoiling the build, there's a twist you find out about at the end (if, like me, you haven't read about it beforehand, or got any of the similar sets). Really made me smile.
    catwranglersnowhitie
    ^ Gonna have to sharpen your ASCII art skills.
    SprinkleOttermonstblitz
  • chrisalddinchrisalddin UKMember Posts: 3,013
    my bet is this new rule is linked to the UCS falcon rumours post.
    I think it's OK as long as you don't click the X on the notification box ;)
    Pitfall69eggshenSumoLegoSprinkleOtterbandit778BillyBricks84ClutchPowerJohnyk668