Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,254
    so, it's the axle in the black gear which locks the whole thing
  • masterX244masterX244 GermanyMember Posts: 448

Fauch said:

so, it's the axle in the black gear which locks the whole thing

yeah, and usually snafus like that happen when its late and your brain is tired.
  • RecceRecce Tiny Little Red DotMember Posts: 884
    Just did this. One Punch Man to the rescue!

stluxTheBigLegoskicatwranglerdspigelLegogramtallblocktooClutchPowerRsa33
    another fight against technic pieces.. error in a bunch of connected O-Frames and then one had to be extracted to fix...
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,140
    Reached a 3-to-1 like/comment ratio! (which I am ruining by adding this comment...)

xwingpilotdavetheoxygenmanLegoboyClutchPowerSumoLegosnowhitiericecakeTheBigLegoski
  • xwingpilotxwingpilot UKMember Posts: 797
    ^ There you go. I've helped redress the balance :)
    SumoLegostluxVorpalRyu
  • davetheoxygenmandavetheoxygenman Colorado, USAMember Posts: 190
    ^^...and another for good measure :)
    SumoLegostluxVorpalRyu
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,695
    3rd.  :)
    SumoLegostluxVorpalRyu
  • redarmyredarmy AberdeenMember Posts: 691
    ^ Pretty much anything is far more fun and interesting than Facebook..and that includes Bubonic Plague...
    ^ thx for reminding, 6th year for me. and F***book is something i don't use at all. preferring more focused communities over "catch-alls". also: disassembling technic parts gets nasty after a while. Made me a tool out of a 6-long axle with stop and 2 beams to get those pesky axles out
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,500
    Does anybody get the Times newspaper or have an online subscription to it? The BBC Papers article today has the following snippet about a piece in there and I'd be interested to read the whole thing, especially regarding how they've arrived at that Star Destroyer price tag! Dodgy/lazy research methinks. 

"Finally, the Times highlights research that suggests adults are buying toys for themselves in record numbers. A retail analyst group says sales have grown by 65% since 2012.

Much of the growth is being attributed to the rise in collectible toys, with Star Wars and Lego among the favourites. The most expensive Lego Star Wars item - an Imperial Star Destroyer - costs more than £2,000.

The good news, says the paper, is that shipping is free."

ClutchPower
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,500
    And another Lego-related article on the BBC... 
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-39516354
    ClutchPowercatwrangler
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,936

Gonna be a fun night...

Looks like a big bundle of old 80s Lego my brother and I once had donated to us! We definitely had that small plane and the jousting set/pavilion at the top there!
    Yodalicious
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,731

Huw said:

Game of Thrones Risk board game, Deluxe Edition: £255.60. 

For Risk!?!
  • Legopassion8Legopassion8 North CarolinaMember Posts: 1,180
    What about the 2000 dollar nerf gun? Is that for real? Can I Mount it to the roof of my automobile and rock out like Roadblasters?
    SprinkleOtter
  • Addicted2OxygenAddicted2Oxygen Somewhere behind all the boxes of LegoMember Posts: 305
    edited April 2017
    <borked post> will try again later
  • TheBigLegoskiTheBigLegoski Amsterdam, NederlandMember Posts: 1,288
    Oooh Yeah! Relief & LOL
    I called customer service on March 24th because my Maul minifig from #75096 Sith Infiltrator does not have face printing, and I just now got an e-mail stating "Your LEGO® pieces are on their way and will be there in the next 3-5 weeks". I was already worried something had gone wrong, as loose/replacement/missing parts and 'pick a brick' orders are usually sent quicker, and a confirmation e-mail is customary sent straight away, or the next day after the call has been made.

Looking forward to finally having a complete set that includes all parts that should be included upon opening it. Of course I am especially eager to have Maul with his big diabolical growling toothpaste grin.

Just a little more waiting.....

snowhitie
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,254
    edited April 2017
    Huw said:

Game of Thrones Risk board game, Deluxe Edition: £255.60. 

but there is nothing surprising about adults buying board games. as long as we are not talking funny bunny. next they will mention card games?
  • JenniJenni USAMember Posts: 1,376
    @Switchfoot55 She had to ask?
    Switchfoot55
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,231
    Wow, they act like it's shocking news that some of us adults are buying toy for ourselves....it's not. Most of us Gen-Xers in the second half of the generation grew up with computer games & a widening array of toys, including interactive electronic gear. Many of us continued playing video games regularly all the way through high school & beyond, so most of us never stopping playing, it was just limited for a time to virtual action figures, digital race cars, etc.
    dspigelsid3windrjosekalelcatwranglerxiahna
  • Addicted2OxygenAddicted2Oxygen Somewhere behind all the boxes of LegoMember Posts: 305
    Well I have now learnt that the forum does not like emoji and will delete it and the rest of the post that follows it. 

Have been lurking and dipping in to the forum occasionally for the last few months. Not had time for Lego :( desperate to build my backlog of sets.

Was pleased to discover that I can set more than just 'want' and 'own' categories on brickset. Have been able to do some basic categorisation of my collection.

I also now now appear to be collecting ningjago. Not sure how that occurred. Still have no real interest in the theme, but the collection grows.... keep telling myself it is just for the parts.

Only building I have managed this year was months ago with the tie advanced prototype (a nice little build, love the inquisitor fig), at-st (really enjoyed that - cockpit build kept surprising me), and rock island refuge. Was pleased to reaquire rock island last year. That build was hard despite the small number of pieces. The improvements to the building instructions have made a massive difference. 
    snowhitieLegogram
  • Coolguy5000Coolguy5000 Ireland Member Posts: 1,514
    Serious lego fans be like :

LostInTranslationricecakeSwitchfoot55ClutchPowerdavetheoxygenmanLegogramTheBigLegoski
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,437
    ^Looks like a knock-off to me - Lego faces don't have noses!
    ClutchPowergmonkey76TheBigLegoski
  • vizzitorvizzitor IrelandMember Posts: 216
    Right now I'm agonising over whether to order #10255 Assembly Square or a few smaller sets from [email protected] with the triple points and the VW Beetle promotions.

I've a week off work in the middle of next month and plan to build a handful of sets in my backlog, including #75827 GB Firehouse and possibly #70912 Arkham Asylum.

I think if I get #10255, I'll end up spending my entire week building sets and do nothing else at home. Is it wrong to home the weather is terrible and I don't leave my apartment for the entire 9 days? This is probably the wrong place to ask really!

And on top of all that, I still have a lot of sorting to do.

To butcher a Simpsons quote: "To Lego! The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems"
    ClutchPowermustang69snowhitieYodaliciousricecakeLegogram
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,791

^Looks like a knock-off to me - Lego faces don't have noses!

When you remove your nose that's when you know you've taken your passion for LEGO too far!
    catwranglerTheBigLegoski
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,807
    ^Seem, not seam! too late to edit that one (guess I was still thinking of Steam-engines)
    TheBigLegoski
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,211
    Cool show @snowhitie I saw the Flying Scotsman at the Swindon LEGO show last year, its epic. They had miniature builds of it similar to the train you built. Seem to remember them being £8 for train and carriage.
    snowhitie
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,366
    House sold. Inspection is next Monday. That hopefully means I can pull out some stuff to build with again and put an end to my month-long drought...just in time to start packing for the move.
    JenniGlacierfalls265ClutchPowervizzitorcatwranglerLegogram
    After watching that Thor III trailer for the like 12th time, I can honestly say I can't wait for the Lego set to drop. Hela is hot , yo !
    SprinkleOtterClutchPower
    ^the movie looks alright, too...
    MaffyD
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,231
    edited April 2017

^the movie looks alright, too...

After seeing that trailer, I don't which I'm looking forward to more, GOTG Vol 2 or Thor Ragnarok, both look frakking awesome...
    BumblepantsClutchPowerxiahna
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,652
    ^The '80s style lettering at the end of the Thor trailer pushes that one to the top for me but both movies look like they will be high quality.

Meanwhile at DC: "How about we make everything even more dreary than last time and be even less fun?" 
    stluxVorpalRyuClutchPowerjosekalel
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 1,904

:D
    legomentalcatwranglerClutchPowersnowhitiejosekaleldavetheoxygenmanMegtheCat
  • legomentallegomental UkMember Posts: 309

bandit778 said:

:D

Wow I admire your restraint! 
    I spend them as soon as I earn them. Which is probably why I never have any money either!
    ClutchPower
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,342
    I'm almost at 1000 points, which is the highest it's ever gotten. :)
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,732
    Okay, I've decided. I'm giving up buying new CMFs. It's better value to wait and scoop a bundle of them at once from one person on Ebay or the Marketplace here. I have found serenity in my decision. The serenity of not paying £2.99 a pop. 

*resolute face*
    bandit778ClutchPowerdatsunrobbieTheOriginalSimonBLegogramjosekalel
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,460
    ^Why would you ever pay full price for a cmf? 
    Some retailer or other always has a 3 for 2 deal at some point. Or sells them off at £1.50 or even £1.
  • MAGNINOMINISUMBRAMAGNINOMINISUMBRA Member Posts: 977
    Finally dragged our butts down to the only LEGO retail store in Australia. I know - really slack effort considering it's only a 25 minute drive! The embarrassment of Mister 10 looking at every set on display and LOUDLY proclaiming every price to be a rip off was replaced by pride with the following exchange

Me - Wow the new Porsche is a lot bigger than I expected.
    Mister 10 - Yeah, but $499.00 is CRAZY!
    Me - Dude, you've got to remember this is a brand store - EVERYTHING is recommend retail. And you remember the first rule of buying LEGO don't you?
    Mister 10 - NEVER PAY RETAIL!

I must be doing something right...
    sid3windrVorpalRyuBumblepantsClutchPower
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366
    Debating on whether or not to make as second trip to the Lego store in three days even though I'll be back in Orlando in only a week and a half.
  • redarmyredarmy AberdeenMember Posts: 691

Venunder said:

^Why would you ever pay full price for a cmf? 
    Some retailer or other always has a 3 for 2 deal at some point. Or sells them off at £1.50 or even £1.

I must be doing something wrong..i've never come across a discounted cmf..:-(