Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,156
    edited March 2017
    My apologies for the double post but new status is....
    Due to an early start tomorrow, looking forward to building this now that I've sorted all the parts out. 

What a dufus. :(
    LegoboyLego_StarClutchPowersnowhitieGothamConstructionCocatwranglerkiki180703tallblocktoo
  • sa1sachicasa1sachica SoutheastMember Posts: 30
    edited March 2017
    What set would you get and would have most playtime between Elves Ragana Shadow or Friends Amusement Park both $99.
  • JenniJenni JapanMember Posts: 1,390
    @sa1sachica It would depend on the recipient but if I had to choose for my 12-year-old daughter it would be Ragana's castle. She's very story driven and loves the Elves storyline. I don't think we've seen a storyline for the Friends amusement park sets. I'd also choose it for the parts and for the clever little play features.
    sa1sachicaClutchPowerBumblepantscatwranglerkiki180703
  • SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member Posts: 4,030
    Spent the day building a mosaic at of all places Microsoft UK HQ in Reading. Helped by @ame_uwagi and @Shib we had a great time with the activity which was driven by staff there. Fingers crossed it will develop into more opportunities and if not, we had a bloody good time! And had free pop all day! 
    davetheoxygenmanShibLegopantsLostInTranslationcatwranglerstluxSpeedman29kiki180703tallblocktoo
  • BillyBricks84BillyBricks84 United StatesMember Posts: 355
    @sa1sachica If you don't mind going the ebay route, you can easily get those cheaper than $99--moreso between $65 and $80 without breaking a sweat on the Shadow Castle. With the cash you save, you can then get #41175 to go along with it so you have the castle and a dragon. 
    KingAlanIsa1sachicacatwranglerkiki180703
  • KingAlanIKingAlanI Rochester, NYMember Posts: 2,070
    Where I work closed early due to weather (huge snowstorm in the northeast US). Slight downside to afternoon shifts, but late nights and/or sleeping in are fine by me. Would've rather gotten paid, but I did avail myself of the opportunity for a lot of part sorting and even some building
  • LegopantsLegopants GermanyMember Posts: 2,051
    Spent the day building a mosaic at of all places Microsoft UK HQ in Reading. Helped by @ame_uwagi and @Shib we had a great time with the activity which was driven by staff there. Fingers crossed it will develop into more opportunities and if not, we had a bloody good time! And had free pop all day! 

@SirKevbags - sounds like a fun day out. Hope you all behaved yourselves ;-D
    Any chance of seeing a photo of the mosaic?
  • masterX244masterX244 GermanyMember Posts: 524
    ^ for me getting part trays means juggling around boxes in my lego storage (some ger temporarily rebagged into press-close bags and some are without a lid temporarily, (my system is based on a mix of cardboard shoeboxes, smaller lego set boxes and other small cardboard boxes )
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,577
    What kind of pop? Rola Cola or the Real Thing? 
    Legopantskiki180703
  • SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member Posts: 4,030
    @Legopants no pictures sadly as it was an internal employee driven activity but it was the minifig design from Bricktastic 2015

@LostInTranslation not a can of Rola in sight. Just top of the line branded! 
    LostInTranslationcatwranglerLegopantsstluxdspigelkiki180703
  • KingAlanIKingAlanI Rochester, NYMember Posts: 2,070
    Workplace closed today too - snow days aren't so fun when you're not getting paid. Did finish the #75149 x-wing, and continued to catch up on sorting

• SalamalexSalamalex UKMember Posts: 288
    @Legopants - @SirKevbags is unlikely to behave himself if there's free pop to be had...
    Legopants
  • RecceRecce Tiny Little Red DotMember Posts: 919
    iso3200 said:
    Been defrauded of £300 via eBay thanks to someone using a stolen credit card. I've done everything right as a seller yet Paypal have failed with their so called *seller protection* and closed the case without me seeing any money. 

Words cannot express how annoyed I am. Well some words can, but I can't post them here.

My life seems to consist of writing complaint emails to organisations (mostly government) recently so hey ho, what's another one to add to the pile.

Pissed off. Really really pissed off.

Remembered watching a movie that says the F word like every few seconds! Can't recall any other details of it though. On a related note I wonder which movie has the most spoken F word.
  • OnebricktoomanyOnebricktoomany United StatesMember Posts: 295
    edited March 2017
    ^ Swearnet: the movie, 2014...according to wiki
    Built these in last 2 days.

ClutchPowerSumoLegotallblocktoo
    ^ Swearnet: the movie, 2014...according to wiki
    Just did some google, looks like the movie I've watched is The Wolf of Wall Street, with the word spoken over 500 times.
    Salamalex said:
    @Legopants - @SirKevbags is unlikely to behave himself if there's free pop to be had...

But he has such an innocent demeanour ;-)
  • SalamalexSalamalex UKMember Posts: 288
    Legopants said:

But he's always getting led astray by those bigger boys...
    Legopantskiki180703
    Salamalex said:
    Legopants said:

But he's always getting led astray by those bigger boys...

I blame @Shib ;-)
    SprinkleOtterSalamalexkiki180703
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,348
    I do too, that guy is a total a-hole
    SprinkleOtterLegopantsSalamalexGothamConstructionCoSumoLegosnowhitiekiki180703gmonkey76
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,745
    SumoLego said:
    Being snowed in for most of the day made us all go a little build-crazy....

(Yes, that is a JW Helicopter.  As we all know, no set is complete without a helicopter.)

My mailbox has a snow-hawk.

(And not that I need to explain this, but this is actually the mailbox that was unceremoniously jettisoned from the road into my driveway by the municipal snow plows.  Because I am actually a naughty seven year-old at heart, I dug a hole and stuck it in my backyard.  Much to the chagrin of my lovely wife.)

(Editor's Footnote: "Dug a hole" really means that I parked my rear-wheel drive truck in the back yard on a rainy day and in my failed attempt to escape, I left tire ruts deep enough to adequately anchor a mailbox post.)

(Editor's further Footnote: I did thank my brother-in-law with his 4WD truck for towing me out of my own backyard.  He laughed the entire time.)

However, I am my children's hero for parking in the backyard, getting a truck stuck and making holes, and being the super-cool Dad that gave them a backyard mailbox.  My wife is 100% sure she married a complete moron.  Everyone wins!

Should we even bother asking why you were parked in your back yard on a rainy day?

Burying some Gungans?
    ClutchPowerSumoLegokiki180703gmonkey76
  • klatu003klatu003 Hobbiton, Shire, Middle EarthMember Posts: 723
    Most of my Lego collection is in a POD and will be in storage for six months.  All the important minifigs made it into the car (Frodo, friends, and enemies), I sure hope I have a sweet reunion with my bricks!  You know what is important in your stuff by what gets packed first and put in the far back of the POD.

ClutchPowerMegtheCat
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,642
    Back from a rubbish week working away in Wales. Collected Assembly Square from the office on the way home. Its huge!
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,247
    ^  Only when delivering lamb fries.
    VorpalRyukiki180703
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366
    ^ Most folks just don't seem to have a taste for testicles no more. 
    VorpalRyuSumoLegokiki180703
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,798
    SumoLego said:

Gungans bury themselves.  (Who made the motion to give Chancellor Palpatine emergency powers?)

Anyway, it was my sister-in-law's birthday.  And since my immediate family is 22 people with seven cars, it made sense to park on the back patio to avoid thr traffic.  The actual problem was backing down a drainage swale in a rear-wheel drive truck after a day of rain.

(Plus, my son is a shameless rule-follower, so I take any opportunity to burst his bubble.  And the prospect of the children sharing these stories with teachers mortifies my wife - which is another inadvertent benefit of such childish antics.)

Are you me, but American? I was thinking this all the way through the first paragraph, but that comment about your wife... my other half hates anything that might get fed back to school and show us up as disorganised parents... I usually spare her the worst of what I manage to foul up on a daily basis.
    SprinkleOtterVorpalRyuGothamConstructionCokiki180703catwrangler
  • Bricklover18Bricklover18 PA, USAMember Posts: 720
    edited March 2017
    Bought a complete set of batman CMFs for $82 from Amazon. I've only seen them at one store in my area and have not had the time to look elsewhere. 
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,524
    Hello Bendy.
    ClutchPowersnowhitieLego_Starkiki180703bendybadger
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,315
    This is why buying Mixels for parts is bad....& I haven't even finished going through my MOC parts containers, about 70-75% done at this time (referring to the stuff with the red borders).

Now I have to figure out how many to keep for myself & how many to throw into the stuff for the kids, then sell the rest.
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,884
    edited March 2017
    VorpalRyu said:
    This is why buying Mixels for parts is bad....& I haven't even finished going through my MOC parts containers, about 70-75% done at this time (referring to the stuff with the red borders).

Now I have to figure out how many to keep for myself & how many to throw into the stuff for the kids, then sell the rest.
    Joint pieces like that are super versatile. Great for making things you need to hinge at irregular angles. Have you seen the Halo ODST helmet somebody made using those? http://www.brothers-brick.com/2016/10/05/wearable-lego-odst-helmet-from-halo-is-ready-for-a-combat-drop/ I think "wearable" MOCs like this are a great use for those types of pieces, but it could also be good for other sorts of large-scale MOCs that you need a curved outer shell for. And of course they're also great for posable animals, mecha, monsters, dragons, dinosaurs, etc.

I went ahead and bought a whole small tub of 14417 and 14704 last time I saw a good variety of them on the Pick-A-Brick wall. Haven't decided on any particular big project to use them for yet, but already it's saved me from having to tear apart sets I love like the Master Wu Dragon or Park Animals every time I want to make a smaller MOC that uses those pieces.
    ClutchPowerrd1899kiki180703catwrangler
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,129
    Looking forward to the weekend; a couple of drinks and a set opening tonight is in store; Temple of Airjitzu I believe.
    YodaliciousBumblepantskiki180703ClutchPowerbendybadger
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 3,001
    Great to see you back @bendybadger!
    SumoLegokiki180703ClutchPowerstluxbendybadger
    MaffyD said:
    Are you me, but American?
    I think I get a wide berth because of my chosen vocation, but I could give a crap what others think.

My wife was horrified that her sister was lighting snowballs on fire to misguidedly demonstrate to the family that snow was filled with plastics and toxins.  When my daughter's illustration of this 'Mr. Wizard' moment was featured as an art project at the school - I've never laughed so hard in my life.  (A certain someone was mortified - but eventually got over it.)

Perhaps you are me, but UKaninan?  I'm more self-absorbed, so I'm most likely correct.
    SprinkleOtterkiki180703MaffyDVorpalRyucatwranglerstlux
  • kiki180703kiki180703 Montreal, CanadaMember Posts: 1,049
    Bought the GhostBusters HQ and the Volkswagen Beetle yesterday for double points! Back to collecting them now that I've spent them all ;)
    LegopantsBricklover18tallblocktoo
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,798
    @sumolego - see if this resonates: my gang like to listen to pop music in the car, and I agree to play it on one condition: I get to sing along and replace every utterance of "you" with "poo", "heart" with "fart" and anything ending in a long 'e' with... well, you get the idea. My wife still awaits the day she will get phoned up by the school, saying my 6 year old was singing inappropriate lyrics at break time. 

"UKaninan"? The correct term is "Britishese" :-)

I have no Lego-relevant status to share, sorry.
    SumoLegoVorpalRyucatwrangler
    ^ Naw - we just repeatedly listen to Disney Movie CDs in the car.  And then torture the least humorous person in our house with the most catchy lines from the song - just before bed.

"You're Welcome!"

ClutchPowerAanchirsnowhitieJern92
  • BillyBricks84BillyBricks84 United StatesMember Posts: 355
    Received a text from my mother-in-law today which said, "Adult uses for LEGO" and had a picture attached from a magazine that showed ways adults can use LEGO around the house (like placing below the soil in a potted plant to help water better drip through). Not sure if I am supposed to take this as 1) "I don't think building with LEGO is not something adults should do" or 2) "I saw this article about LEGO and I know you have LEGO." 
    SprinkleOtterkiki180703datsunrobbieYodalicioussnowhitieKingAlanIClutchPowercatwrangler
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,583
    ^She obviously has come to the realization that she needs LEGO in her life, having seen the adult uses for it, and is reaching out for help! Although the image you cited, with the Lego bricks buried, could have other implications...
    BillyBricks84KingAlanIkiki180703ClutchPowercatwrangler
  • flordflord CanadaMember Posts: 744
    Disappointed with the Lego Batman Movie minifigure frame. It's my own fault for not fully reading the description or reviews, but a cardboard frame? Really Lego? $22 for a baseplate glued to some cardboard. Couldn't do plastic or even wood?
    KingAlanIkiki180703ClutchPower
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,577
    Had a flying visit to the Brickish weekend at the National Space Centre today. Great to see @SirKevbags @MinifigsMe and @messy (and others).  

Also brilliant to see that Fairy Bricks are maintaining their excellent standards of tombola minifig randomness. 
    Legopantsbendybadgerkiki180703MrGudzmessystluxClutchPowerMinifigsMecatwrangler
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,532
    Visited the Brickish Weekend and National Space Center. 
    Tombola'd a few random Minifigs and supported Fairy Bricks. 
    Took a few pictures and bought a couple of polybags. 
    MrGudzstluxClutchPower