Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• LegopantsLegopants GermanyMember Posts: 2,020
    ^ Shelf's up - but Vampyre Castle is too high :-(
    I think extensive shelf-reshuffling is in order :-)
  • MinifigsMeMinifigsMe Member Posts: 2,844
    Been a busy minifig day. There's limbs and legs everywhere!
  • Si_UKNZSi_UKNZ NZMember Posts: 4,179
    edited June 2012
    ^ Those are fantastic! Lego Redbull - nice!

Set up the intellitrain today - it's awesome and my son loves it. The way it works is similar to the monorail but more flexible in that there are more 'commands' available. Thanks to the random person at AFOlcon who recommended it to me (I cant remeber who it was)
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    A day making dino lego. Really love it and would love to see some more sets coming. Although some medium sized current sets still to get yet.

QAR, police station and bank and money transfer tomorrow.
  • caperberrycaperberry LondonMember Posts: 2,226
    Hee hee lerv that Bishop!
    What's intellitrain?? pics please Si.

It's not red bull, but red wine (her derby name is red wiener) I was confused for a minute though as the Red Robin is for @redbullgivesyouwind, all v confusing!!

Thanks @caperberry - I've seen better ones out there, but I don't like to charge too much so couldn't spend too long on it, as most of my figs are for cuteness rather than lego fans per se.
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 1,835
    ^I got confused by that to for a second.

Stage one of my parting out of sets is done. On to stage two storing them somewhere.
  • Si_UKNZSi_UKNZ NZMember Posts: 4,179
    edited June 2012
  • andyscouseandyscouse Western MAMember Posts: 365
    Middle floor of TH built ...
  • AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    Hubby got the Sopwith Camel up on the shelf, i built the Olivia's Treehouse. Missing a red 1x4 base but we had them so will wait until I need to contact customer service for something more to request missing piece. Am planning to raid our bulk to make a large MOC tree soon!
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,750
    Father's Day here in the UK. A pair of slippers and chocolate coins. Seriously, a pair of slippers?? :-(

Oh......and big hug. :-)
  • martynmartyn Reading, UKMember Posts: 148
    ^ Sopwith Camel ;-) Yippee
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 1,835
    edited June 2012
    Your getting old @Flump if they think you need slippers :-D
    ^ Just moved into a new place with hard floors downstairs. Made the mistake of slipping into my wife's slippers (with 3 inches of foot hanging out the back) for a few moments last week.
    Finally got a CMF bagpiper. And I thought The Bride was hard to assemble.
    @si - that's very cute! want!
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    QAR still in box. Bloody in laws coming. :(
  • ErnstErnst Member Posts: 133
    Made my wife happy again, took apart and bagged up several sets (King's Castle, Brickbeards Bounty, Apple Tree House and 4956 House) and finished organising all my instructions.
  • princedravenprincedraven Essex, UKMember Posts: 3,768
    After moaning that it's pretty much impossible to buy me Lego, I was surprised with this for Fathers day: 2851198-1: Luke Skywalker & Han Solo Adult Watch, really nice thought as I haven't got a watch at the moment.
  • LegopantsLegopants GermanyMember Posts: 2,020
    Just done the first 3 bags of King's Castle (drawbridge assembly). Think I'll leave the rest for another day.
    Nice set and some nice minifigs too.
  • littletokilittletoki Member Posts: 517
    Finally sorting through some loose Lego we bought.

• AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    ^ Nice haul. That's gonna take some time!
  • MCNwakeboardMCNwakeboard VirginiaMember Posts: 279
    Just posted a stop motion film of the Orc Forge Set

Check it out here
    youtube
  • MCNwakeboardMCNwakeboard VirginiaMember Posts: 279
    ^ sorry, it doesn't work on mobile devices due to music copyright issues
  • Brewer51Brewer51 Member Posts: 248
    Just finished the Creator Lighthouse, it's a beaut.
    ^ completely agree! A great display piece, full of character and good functionality.
  • AvengerDrAvengerDr Member Posts: 453
    edited June 2012
    I have just finished building a #6211. I have always wanted it when I was younger.. now that I have finally built it I can't say I'm impressed. The building was not really that interesting. Most of the times I was wondering what I was doing.. Lego design has really come a long way..

Anyway I have a leftover part: 41752.

It seems I have missed the part where it was used in. Anyone remembers what it was used for?
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,912
    ^ I believe those were used to store the little rubber bands that come with sets. But I've always wondered what else you can do with that part.
  • jamiewjamiew Member Posts: 165
    Wonderful fathers day- wife and kids surprised me with the tower bridge set, a baseball game, and crabs
    ^^ ah I thought it had some actual purpose in the build.. Now I understand why it wasn't falling apart without it :)
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    Had a great Father's Day with the family today. My wife and kids got me this awesome Star Wars book called "Darth Vader and Son." It's essentially a collection of comic frames done in the context of what would have happened if Darth had to raise a 4-year old Luke.
    http://www.amazon.com/Darth-Vader-Star-Wars-Chronicle/dp/145210655X/

^ Good shout...ordered!
  • JenniJenni JapanMember Posts: 1,390
    ^^ Wishlisted, Jon will have to wait till Christmas :)
    ^ Poor Jon. :-(
  • jadedancjadedanc USAMember Posts: 1,303
    @littletoki Having my hip surgery tomorrow....send a couple of those totes up to me to sort so I have something to do for 7 wks lol
    @flump One, just one, of the things he got today was the Sopwith Camel, so I think your sympathy can be better bestowed slipper boy :)
    @Flump yeah mentioning or doing something around important dates is always a mistake. As people assume its what you want. My ex did it all the time and refused to get me lego
    Here at the university we are just testing a new 3D printer by printing a "trilego" brick! I'm really curious to see whether it fits with regular lego..
    edited June 2012
    @Jenni - Jon is a luck guy. :o)

@Redbullgivesuwind - You are so right. I thought within five minutes of wearing them, "Uh oh."

We went to John Lewis yesterday to place an order for an oven. The toy and appliance departments are next to each other. Whilst ordering, our youngest kept running between the departments asking if he could have whatever he was holding. The answer was "No" each time including his last visit of which he was holding a Lego stationary set. I double took and raised an eyebrow in interest as I thought it might go well in my 'new room'. My wife thought it smart to mention that she'd seen it the day before whilst initially viewing the ovens but didn't think I'd want it. "And you thought I'd want slippers?!"
  • princedravenprincedraven Essex, UKMember Posts: 3,768
    ^ haha!
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,734
    Somehow I seem to have spent most of my day off on the Lego Hp years 1-4 game, which I bought months ago because it was cheap, and opened last night to see what some of the characters are like...
  • masterX244masterX244 GermanyMember Posts: 512
    Being angry after reading that news:
    http://www.spielwarenmesse.de/news/einzelansicht/news/9030/?tx_ttnews[backPid]=4220&cHash=99e91c8397407dcd3fd395ce0a440cfc

Because Oberhausen which is only a few kilometres away has already a lego store.
    @legopants
    They dont need any other store there but should spread out a little bit more (southern germany)
    @Flumps lol as much as we love them women never listen. But if you get the wrong thing all hell breaks loose.
    @redbullgivesuwind excuse me?!?! Did you not see my post where my aeronautical engineer husband got the camel? I'd stick my tongue out at you if the symbol was on my phone keyboard. Don't generalize, you'll get in trouble :)
    @Jenni lol Okay I wont... 99% of women dont listen. Many of us can only dream of having a wife as cool as you :-D.

*mumbles* I think that flattery should work :-D
    @redbullgivesuwind lol. You can ask him how cool a wife he thought I was when I stopped cooking meat :).

Gift giving is my love language, I do that well and generously, housekeeping on the other hand ........
    Just received a replacement sticker for the Republic Frigate (the one that was in the box was torn and some had peeled off) and... inside the envelope there was a free Darth Vader Keychain! Thank you Lego! <3
  • Penkid11Penkid11 Member Posts: 784
    Got Gandalf arrives at above MSRP. I regret nothing, for now I must buy fifty more for parts.
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    edited June 2012
    Worried about getting surgery tomorrow =( Only bright spot of being down & out for 5-10 days is that it will give a chance for more bricking and less working.

Speaking of which, getting ready for The Dark Knight Rises with BL Project #6: Tumbler (7888). It is well under way with 65% of parts acquired after very little effort. Most of it was from existing inventory bricks, so will be much cheaper than the average $200 price range its going for now. Estimating less than <$40 total in the end, let's see...
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,549
    I've joined the Bricklinking party... today ordered the first few parts on my list for Cafe Corner.