Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• bookmumbookmum londonMember Posts: 1,207
    Oops was I not meant to tell the world about the secret models! It's mentioned on the main brickset page in the review for the 3 in 1 dinosaur dude creator set. (which is technically a 4 in 1 as it to has an extra model). I don't know if all the 3 in 1 sets have this extra 4th.
    Lego_Starsnowhitiebandit778kiki180703MooreFXClutchPower
  • bookmumbookmum londonMember Posts: 1,207

I just popped over to the main site and there are some links to these mystery 4th builds. I'm no good at putting the links here I'm afraid. Haven't figured out how to do that !

• chrisalddinchrisalddin UKMember Posts: 2,867
    edited January 2017
    oh. the fun of hacked e-mail account's.....
    the mad dash to work out just what has been compromised.
    the pulling out of your hair as you try to fix up all the new holes that the compromised e-mail account has given you.
    the shock as you note the hole of your old e-mail still web server side was download to a pop3 box on the
    OUTER SIDE OF THE WORLD.
    the hope that it was part of a mass e-mail grab and that the info in said e-mails well never see the light of day.
    the searching of your mail box for Key words to see just what info need to change. like Right NOW.
    the number of swear words you speak out load as to try to make the best out of this cluster fu*k.
    the knowing you have to have missed something.
    and the hope that it is just all out of date info.

yep... i am pissed off to hell and back.
    mortified that all my amazon order e-mail's for the last year have most-likely been grabbed.

there is not a lot i can do about it. i dont know just what was downloaded.
    i would guess all of my e-mail for the last.. god knows how long?

well i done what i can. can not think of any other plan's i can do.
    ranting about it dose make me feel a little better
    i have no will power.
    so i placed a order for it.
    @snowhitie and @gratefulnat
    thanks for the advise.
    well that was sent out fast.
    in under 3 hours from order to being sent.
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,402
    Apart from building all 20 of TLBM CMFs on Friday evening I've done nothing LEGO related all weekend. I had great plans to clear, dust, fit newly sized boards and re-lay my modular street. Then continue the great shelf dusting sessions....

....instead I had to bump start my 46 year old VW Campervan to take it off for a service and its MOT and collected my 43 year old VW Beetle from the same place. This then led to the dreaded garage tidy to put it away which spread throughout the house. Might squeeze a Sunday evening of dusting in before work tomorrow.
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,355
    Blasphemy!

There is a retail merchandiser that's going to get a memo!  And a TRU manager that can't read a plan-o-gram.
    bookmumkiki180703stluxClutchPowerVorpalRyu
    Woke up this morning and discovered I have 1000 likes!

Congrats - and you have a nice post-to-likes ratio, which will keep @samiam391 happy.  What is the power percentage on your smartphone?
    flordsnowhitiexwingpilotClutchPowerVorpalRyu
  • josekaleljosekalel Rio Grande Valley, TexasMember Posts: 680
    Went to a few Walmart stores and got some sets at a not so 'discount' or 'sales' price.
  • flordflord CanadaMember Posts: 704
    ^ Regular-priced Lego is a great antidote for my Lego addic......collecting.
    bandit778dspigelkiki180703stluxYodaliciousSumoLegoClutchPowerTheBigLegoskiVorpalRyu
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,742
    Jenni said:
    @SprinkleOtter You're at BrickFair? Come say hi. I'll be holding down a corner of the TNVLC table all day again today, probably by the rollercoaster. In fact, I should probably go turn that on.
    Ah! I'll have to come do that!
    Weird. Market street is listed as a Modular on the homepage poll, but has a 0% vote as people's favorites.
    SumoLegoiso3200ClutchPowerkiki180703BumblepantssnowhitieVorpalRyu
  • William_TownsleyWilliam_Townsley Perth, Scotland Member Posts: 880
    How much did you pay? 
  • iso3200iso3200 97 miles from Brickset TowersMember Posts: 2,047
    Legoboy said:

Ended up chatting for three quarters of an hour under a bus shelter before coming home with this.

Sounds like it was a hard negotiation... ;-)
    SprinkleOtterLegoboyTheBigLegoski
    I've been meaning to ask what that guy was...
    Now we know it's a ghostly minifigure.
  • William_TownsleyWilliam_Townsley Perth, Scotland Member Posts: 880
    Legoboy said:
    How much did you pay? 
    You work for her, right? Did she send you? Your cover is blown.
    No.... Erm I don't know what you are talking about. I'm just going to go
    Legoboykiki180703khmellymelVorpalRyu
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,725
    ^  Red Squirrel to Golden Eagle, the heron has flown, repeat, the heron has flown.  ;)
    William_Townsleykiki180703bandit778WatfordScottyMVorpalRyu
    edited January 2017
    Now we know it's a ghostly minifigure.
    It's a display figure from 15+ plus years ago.  I have a box of them somewhere that may make for good trade fodder one day...

It still boggles my mind why it has a non-Lego paintbrush.
    SprinkleOtterVorpalRyu
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,823
    @chrisalddin Sorry to hear about your email; if you've changed your password (and elsewhere, if you use it anywhere else) and enabled dual authentication it's about as much as you can do. Hopefully as you say it was just one of those mass grabs... if it cheers you up any, you've made me fall down the Frozen hole; now I want that set too!

Today I started a mental Lego to-do list for 2017. So far, and in order of immediacy: 

- decide what to build for the January contest
    - finish the sorting for god's sake!!
    - incorporate the Tentacled Thing into Palace Cinema
    chrisalddinkiki180703snowhitieMaffyDTheBigLegoski
  • KingAlanIKingAlanI Rochester, NYMember Posts: 1,925
    stlux said:
    Goes to store to get batteries (and I guess groceries?). Gets distracted by the staff finally putting out the 2017 Lego sets, including TLBM CMF's.

Walks out of store with Lego: Yes
    Walks out of store with batteries: No

Yay for having to go back and have another opportunity to ogle Lego boxes?
    Go somewhere to do X, do Y while you're there, forget about X - a general pattern

TheBigLegoskikiki180703
  • RecceRecce Tiny Little Red DotMember Posts: 904
    Super small build in super short time!

LegogramstluxLEGO_Dad77snowhitieClutchPowerTheBigLegoskiAanchircatwranglerkiki180703
  • KingAlanIKingAlanI Rochester, NYMember Posts: 1,925
    Got 2 LEGO related gifts
    Mom found small gripseal bags at a corner store, I was wondering where to get those, I mainly use food size bags from Walmart
    $25 Target gift card because I'm constantly in there buying LEGO. I explained I could use redcard for the subtotal, then gift card for the difference between that and final total
    with all the chat about the Modular Buildings and the poll on the main news page.
    i decided it was time to build one. i have 2 that i have yet to build. (and there are 2 that are still on sale that i don't own yet.)
    Brick Bank and Parisian Restaurant. so i picked Parisian Restaurant.
    just about to start on step 10 (page 14 of book 1.)
    i had a bit of a set back when one of the tubs fell on the (it need's a hoovering,) floor.
    so took some time to pick up all the part's that fell out and a good look around to see if i missed any parts. then dust off the part's that did find there way on to the (it need's a hoovering,) floor. right now i am taking a brake from the build. going to try and take my time with this build.
    btw what is "CHEZ" this is a question to anyone who had built Parisian Restaurant.

building this is also to make me feel better after the lack of fun i had last night.
    josekalelLegogramkiki180703
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,539
    edited January 2017
    @chrisalddin "Chez" is a French word literally meaning "at/in" or "at the home of" (and it's pronounced as "shay"). In the specific context, "Chez Albert" means "Albert's place [restaurant]". Another example: "chez moi" would mean "(at) my house". 
    tallblocktookiki180703
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,903
    @chrisalddin 'chez' is French for 'at' so 'chez Gaston' is 'Gaston's place' or 'at Gaston'. It's very usual to have restaurants or bistros that are named in this way.

Have you hoovered the floor before getting on?
    snowhitie said:
    @chrisalddin 'chez' is French for 'at' so 'chez Gaston' is 'Gaston's place' or 'at Gaston'. It's very usual to have restaurants or bistros that are named in this way.

Have you hoovered the floor before getting on?
    nope. may do it after i finish stage 1 (or bag's 1 of you like.)
    i fear the hoover. as i may hoover up lego.
    when i do it it will be done with care.
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,656

@chrisalddin - as @catwrangler has said, change your passwords and turn on 2-factor authentication. And if you don't mind more advice:

1. Change passwords for any account that uses the same password as your email provider AND any account that has password recovery links sent to that email account (those 'forgot your password' links). Especially Amazon.
    2. If your email provider doesn't offer two factor authentication (also known as 2FA or TFA) change to one that does, such as Gmail - it seriously inhibits any access to your account from an unknown device.
    3. Make sure your new passwords are sufficiently complex and long. And unique where important. Any account that can be used to buy something with (TRU, Amazon, eBay) should have unique passwords. Use a password manager to keep track, and for the seriously paranoid have the password DB on a USB stick rather than your PC. It makes it awkward for you, but hellish for anyone trying to steal it or delete it.
    4. Finally, monitor your email very carefully over the next few days, to see if you get signed up for stuff that you don't expect.

Hopefully this is helpful for others besides yourself (hence the post rather than PM) and that you manage to sort things out without too much fuss. And if all the above is what you were already doing, then I hope you don't mind me repeating it. Good luck.

My own Lego status: didn't have chance to build this last weekend, and I fear that this week will be devoted to tidying up the house, based on some cryptic messages I received yesterday evening!

snowhitieTheBigLegoskiricecakecatwranglerSalamalexchrisalddinVorpalRyukiki180703
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,274
    stlux said:
    stlux said:
    Puts out all parts required to motorize #21303 WALL-E. Never having used Power Functions before, realizes 9 AAA batteries are required (battery box: 6, remote control: 3). AAA batteries available at home: 2.

Shopping list updated...

Goes to store to get batteries (and I guess groceries?). Gets distracted by the staff finally putting out the 2017 Lego sets, including TLBM CMF's.

Walks out of store with Lego: Yes
    Walks out of store with batteries: No

Yay for having to go back and have another opportunity to ogle Lego boxes?
    Goes to local shopping centre during lunchtime to finally get those AAA batteries. Visits the Lego section first (duh). Gets annoyed that after months of no CMF's, they have now put out a box of Simpsons Series 2, at RRP. No TLBM CMF's in sight. Picks up the just retired #31036 Toy & Grocery Shop instead. 
    Just prior to paying, realizes there was also this whole "needs batteries!" thing, so goes back and picks up some AAA batteries as well.

Mission successful; WALL-E will finally ride!
    ClutchPowersnowhitiebandit778sid3windrTheBigLegoskiLegogramcatwranglerkiki180703
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,427
    How many tries did you need now to actually get batteries? :P
  • TheBigLegoskiTheBigLegoski Amsterdam, NederlandMember Posts: 1,399
    Project Ziplock continues...

Bye bye series 16. See you around in a one of the thousand plastic baggies I bought to store the lot of all you bricks.
    ClutchPowerkiki180703
    @sid3windr 3 attempts: 2 by myself, foiled by me being distracted by Lego; 1 by my wife, who got worried she would get me the wrong batteries.

I originally wanted to order AAA's from Amazon, but decided against that because I thought it would be quicker to get them from the shop. If ordered from Amazon, WALL-E would already have been driving around since several days...
    sid3windrkiki180703
    ^
    Poor WALL-E
    Exactly. I'm starting to feel bad for WALL-E having to just sit there, not being able to explore :(
    catwranglerjosekalelkiki180703
  • khmellymelkhmellymel United KingdomMember Posts: 1,234
    edited January 2017
    KingAlanI said:
    Got 2 LEGO related gifts
    Mom found small gripseal bags at a corner store, I was wondering where to get those, I mainly use food size bags from Walmart
    $25 Target gift card because I'm constantly in there buying LEGO. I explained I could use redcard for the subtotal, then gift card for the difference between that and final total
    When I lived in Canada/the US, I found the small grip seals fairly readily at the dollar store.  They're not as commonly found around here though, I have to buy them online.

Also I have been known to buy LEGO themed gift cards for places where I shop for groceries (ie Tesco or ASDA) so I can empty the card and keep it.  More clutter I don't need... but they are so cute!
    KingAlanI
    @khmellymel     @KingAlanI      
    Here in NL, but I assume the same might be the case in the UK, buying large quantities of ziplock (is 'ziplock' a brand name?) baggies or grip seal bags is cheapest when you go look for a: 'packaging, disposables, hygiene products and expendables' whole sale dealer.
    I bought mine in on of their stores, but they also have a webshop:
    https://www.paardekooper.nl/en_US/pdm/zak-304/industrie-zakken-algemeen-sluitgripzakken/2743/?s=2
    I am sure you should be able to find something similar in the UK, and not get over-charged as you most certainly will when you buy them in 'regular' stores, or via some online vendors. I paid about €35 for a box of a 1000 15x20CM bags, which seemed like a good deal to me at the time.

Don't know if others get them for a better price? If you do!?! Feel free to share.
    KingAlanI
  • xwingpilotxwingpilot UKMember Posts: 797
    LOL - terrible play features, but very funny review :)

Glacierfalls265chrisalddinClutchPowerstarwars4evertallblocktoogmonkey76Adzbadboykiki180703
    Remembered that video of an SBrick being used to motorise a Fortrex and am now considering the relative merits of that and my old motors... because clearly, my household needs to be terrorised by a motorised Fortrex!
    chrisalddinstluxNcodeMegtheCatLego_Starkiki180703
    I have resisted Nexo Knights so far, but a motorized Fortrex does sound appealing!

Shuffles away to find a video...
  • BillyBricks84BillyBricks84 United StatesMember Posts: 347
    ^I just hope you motorized Wall-E before making this comment. He's going to shove the batteries in himself soon enough.
    catwranglerstluxkiki180703KingAlanI
    stlux said:
    I have resisted Nexo Knights so far, but a motorized Fortrex does sound appealing!

Shuffles away to find a video...
    Jooooooiiiin ussssss... 
    bandit778MaffyDTheBigLegoskiNcodechrisalddinstluxsid3windrkiki180703
    Ayliffe said:

When you see something that makes you feel the opposite of happiness.
    Why punish the poor dumpster?

(Although Spider-Man will appreciate the 'retro-tech'.)
    SprinkleOtterAyliffekiki180703