Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 1,655
    ^ I just heard the news too. It is a sad day indeed! Prayers for her friends and family dealing with this as well.
    Coolguy5000kiki180703ClutchPower
  • Glacierfalls265Glacierfalls265 USAMember Posts: 244
    Why are we losing everyone this year? So many famous figures gone. Our thoughts are with Carrie Fisher's relations and friends. 
  • bendybadgerbendybadger 127.0.0.1 ::1Member Posts: 1,141
    @blogzilly @Legoboy he is not fast, he is just talking about the jigsaw taking a few days. Looks like his boys are going to be busy though.
    Legoboybandit778SprinkleOtterkiki180703
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,720
    @blogzilly @Legoboy he is not fast, he is just talking about the jigsaw taking a few days. Looks like his boys are going to be busy though.
    First time in history I have signal in North Yorkshire.  Congratulations.

khmellymel
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 1,974
    Now we know how to wake @Legoboy up in the middle of the night.    ;)
    SprinkleOtterstluxLegoboycatwranglerkiki180703ClutchPowerYodaliciousDoctorMcGann
  • josekaleljosekalel Rio Grande Valley, TexasMember Posts: 680
    Just when you thought 2016 could not get any worse.
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,720
    bandit778 said:
    Now we know how to wake @Legoboy up in the middle of the night.    ;)
    Will take more than a vibrating watch to wake me.  ;)

starwars4everbandit778
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,814
    Finally brought home that last tin of Lego (some Rock Raiders and Life on Mars stuff in an actual Lego tin; they did it years ago as an Easter thing in the UK - had biscuits and a small motorbike set in it) that turned up at my mum's a while back. Just when you think you've migrated your entire collection from your childhood home...
    chrisalddin
  • nexandernexander Glasgow Member Posts: 888
    Been an interesting Lego day. Started with a Lego gender shaming incident at smiths followed by picking up dimensions sets and a £15 Moro dragon at Tescos. Have realised that the massive pile of Lego I'm getting on Saturday likely contains older ninjago buildings so might be able to get a decent display going.  unfortunately it means I now have a reason to buy the temple :(
    catwranglerkiki180703
  • blogzillyblogzilly Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 598
    Just broke the seals of my Disney Castle! This is going to be a fun build!

Color me impressed! Please post stage updates. This is on my list.
    kiki180703ClutchPower
  • All_That_RocksAll_That_Rocks UKMember Posts: 643
    Uploaded my Xmas Lego haul to my YouTube Channel and built the Yellow Submarine. It's a lovely little build and a great display piece.
  • josekaleljosekalel Rio Grande Valley, TexasMember Posts: 680
    Went to Walmart to get apples, ended up with this...Not the best price but low enough. Tomorrow I'll visit the other stores nearby.

ClutchPowerJooTogkiki180703catwrangler
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,612
    Built #70595 Ultra Stealth Raider with my son yesterday evening. He 'helped' by opening and emptying into a single pile every bag. I got to it before he opened all the little ones inside though. That was a fun 3 hours. It is an awesome vehicle though. Somewhat fragile when played with by a 6 year old, but lots of fun!
    AanchirchrisalddinLEGO_Dad77kiki180703bandit778legonut80catwrangler
  • chrisalddinchrisalddin UKMember Posts: 2,865
    MaffyD said:
    Built #70595 Ultra Stealth Raider with my son yesterday evening. He 'helped' by opening and emptying into a single pile every bag. I got to it before he opened all the little ones inside though. That was a fun 3 hours. It is an awesome vehicle though. Somewhat fragile when played with by a 6 year old, but lots of fun!
    built that christmas day. it's fun build.
    MaffyD
  • JooTogJooTog Southern CaliforniaMember Posts: 938
    Big step for me today: stopped aligning the LEGO logos on the parts as I bui... uhm, that doesn't look right! *turns 1x2 plate* Never mind! Carry on. Nothing to see here.
    LegogramstluxcatwranglerLEGO_Dad77
  • kiki180703kiki180703 Montreal, CanadaMember Posts: 1,040
    Finished bag one!

However, I have come across this peculiarly colored LBG 2x6 plate (on the right):

I wonder how it passed TLG's quality control but it certainly looks nice! Now, on to bag 2.
    LegopantsClutchPowercatwranglerLEGO_Dad77tallblocktoo
  • flordflord CanadaMember Posts: 696
    I was worn out from applying a whopping 24 stickers to the City Service Station. But then today I was able to get this on clearance. Hello beautiful:

josekalelkiki180703Yodaliciouscatwrangler
  • kiki180703kiki180703 Montreal, CanadaMember Posts: 1,040
    Done with bags 2 and 3!

I will continue building this beauty tomorrow. I should probably go to bed now ;)

bandit778stluxLegogramLegopantssnowhitieClutchPowerlegonut80catwranglertallblocktoo
  • vizzitorvizzitor IrelandMember Posts: 235
    nexander said:
    Been an interesting Lego day. Started with a Lego gender shaming incident at smiths followed by picking up dimensions sets and a £15 Moro dragon at Tescos. Have realised that the massive pile of Lego I'm getting on Saturday likely contains older ninjago buildings so might be able to get a decent display going.  unfortunately it means I now have a reason to buy the temple :(
    Your post just made me realise the implication of my aunt's offer yesterday to give me all of my cousin's mostly unused Lego. There is a lot of Ninjago in there too.

And I was so good at talking myself out of buying the Temple of Airjitzu earlier in the year. This is going to force me to get it, isn't it?

Another thing it will lead to is me eventually taking my brother's and my own Lego from my mother's house. Some of it was my uncle's originally too, so there is about 40 years worth there. That's going to be a huge job to take on with cleaning and sorting. I've never done that before with a collection, just with new sets. This Lego problem of mine is going to spiral out of control in 2017, I think.
    VorpalRyuLegogramcatwranglernexanderLEGO_Dad77
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,363
    The kitchen table where I usually build sets is currently covered in Playmobil boxes from my daughters presents, so I've taken to the sofa in front of the TV with a tray on my lap to build. Boxing Day I built #75153 while watching the Ch4 program about LEGO, it looks a little oversized stood next to the last AT-AT, but they make a good pair surrounded by Imperial troopers.

Also started on building the sets from SS, can't bring myself to open the Year of the Rooster yet, but I'm sure I will in time for Chinese New Year.

After a couple busy days out at family, yesterday became our Boxing Day, so I braved Toys R Us with my six year old to spend her voucher on more Playmobil. I had to build the hospital for her on Christmas Day and soon realised how spoilt I am with the logical way LEGO is bagged up and the ease of following the instructions, I had to open seven separate bags to build a bed on the ward, it only had a dozen pieces to make it up but they spread them about with no rhyme or reason in different packs. Anyway she wanted more so we picked a few bits and then wandered into the LEGO section, treated myself to the new City Buggy #60145 that was going to be it until I passed an end display of Star Wars sets and spied K-2SO buildable figure, for some reason it rang through the till for only £15. Win!

Built those two last night, just need to clear the table now for the big #42054 build to begin.
    catwranglerLEGO_Dad77
  • masterX244masterX244 GermanyMember Posts: 482
    bricklinking fun... optimizing orders atm
  • masterX244masterX244 GermanyMember Posts: 482
    10 orders enroute... sorta a delayed x-mas delivery
  • LegopantsLegopants GermanyMember Posts: 2,000
    The Postperson has been delivering lovely Lego goodies from my German friend. Wunderbar!

Glad they arrived OK, Kenny :-))
    thebeermonkeykiki180703Bricklover18ClutchPowerkhmellymel
  • thebeermonkeythebeermonkey GlasgowMember Posts: 390
    edited December 2016
    @Legopants

Arrived safely. Will be building one of the chameleons today.

Many thanks Paul. 
    Legopantskiki180703

Hurray! Off we go...
    Should have Le Cinéma de Palais licked in an hour. Or two.

thebeermonkeyLostInTranslationbandit778kiki180703Bumblepantscatwranglervizzitordspigel
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,421
    Just built #6990 Monorail Transport System... ahh, my first monorail... <3 Once I've shown it to the girlfriend (who sponsored half of it as a christmas present) I'm going to try and transplant the #60097 tram onto the monorail base/tracks and start installing the track into my city layout :D
    snowhitiestluxLegopantscatwrangler
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,263
    I think once I get the Lego room sorted out, I might put the GE on hold & build PC first. Curious to know does anyone have the exact dimensions in millimetres for posters on PC? Thinking I might try turning a couple of these into posters...

ClutchPowerLEGO_Dad77dspigelcatwranglerLegogramkhmellymelgmonkey76

VorpalRyu said:
    I think once I get the Lego room sorted out, I might put the GE on hold & build PC first. Curious to know does anyone have the exact dimensions in millimetres for posters on PC? Thinking I might try turning a couple of these into posters...

50mm x 26mm :-)
    stluxVorpalRyu
  • starwars4everstarwars4ever The Forest Moon of EndorMember Posts: 479
    Just cracking the seals and building this blast from the past today, along with the not-so beloved Star Scavenger. These 2 sets ( #7258 and #75147 ) should keep me busy for a while!

• MegtheCatMegtheCat Houston, TXMember Posts: 497
    My Lego haul from the past week or so. The older Creator 3-in-1 sets came from TRU to make use of rapidly expiring Reward certificates and a promo gift card from November. I received three sets for Christmas from my Dad and sister. Some cash I also received paid for the Mr. Freeze, #30522 polys, and CMF's.  I found the City poly while on the hunt for new stuff at Target. And the rest (Joker sets, Robots, Dinosaurs) is my Lego Store purchase to get the mini batwing yesterday. I had $40 VIP points to use and got one set I hadn't planned on because the new sets were out.
    ClutchPowerdspigelstluxkiki180703catwranglerLegogramMooreFX
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366
    Turning this guy into a Human Torch minifig...

ClutchPowerSprinkleOtterbandit778dspigelstluxkiki180703MegtheCatcatwranglerLegogram
  • TheBigLegoskiTheBigLegoski Amsterdam, NederlandMember Posts: 1,384
    I caved and wobbled down the slippery slope, not only ordering my first constractrion figure #75112 General Grievous, but also ordering an Elven set #41073 Naida's Epic Adventure Ship, when I saw them on sale on Lego [email protected] a couple of days ago, among a bunch of other SW and superhero sets I ordered.

I vowed not to buy any constraction figures fearing the need to collect them all, having stood in shops standing with this Grievous set in my hands several times over the last two years when it was first released, as this particular figure just looks so fantastic, putting it back every time, now in the end I could not resist the urge when I saw it on sale again. I thought what the hell: 'just this one'! (and perhaps, maybe Darth Vader in the future if/when I see that one on sale)

Same kind of sentiment: 'I can't collect all themes etc.' but these Elven minidolls are just sooo cute, and so is this small sail ship. So my first 'girly' minidoll set is now a fact.
    stluxkiki180703YodaliciousBumblepantstallblocktoocatwranglerLegogram
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,363
    Cleared the kitchen table and cut the seals on #42054 Used an old advent calendar insert tray to sort the smaller pieces and set to work. Two hours later and I've got a thingamajig!

catwranglerJooTogkiki180703legonut80stluxMooreFXtallblocktoo
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,351
    1 bag left to finish off the lighthouse siege but saving it as an incentive to get me through going back to work tomorrow. 
    catwranglerkiki180703
    edited December 2016
    Built #31048 Lakeside Lodge. In my mind, it's Will Graham's cottage, from Hannibal. The minifig already has a checked shirt, a fishing rod and tousled black hair, so my partner found him a head with a stubble beard and worried expression, and also built some horrors and an improvised Buffalo Bill figure (I know he wasn't in the TV series, but hey, if we'd got a fourth season he could've been!). The guy in the suit from Palace Cinema is standing in for Hannibal at the moment, but I'll refine that later. And of course, with a little colour substitution the moose will make an excellent nightmare stag...
    Legopantsstlux
  • MegtheCatMegtheCat Houston, TXMember Posts: 497
    ^I think pictures are in order. Please!
    Legogram
  • JooTogJooTog Southern CaliforniaMember Posts: 938
    Cleared the kitchen table and cut the seals on #42054 Used an old advent calendar insert tray to sort the smaller pieces and set to work. Two hours later and I've got a thingamajig!
    The advent calendar's insert as trays! Of course!
    I bet those are some of the trays I've seen in past pictures and wondered where to get them.

Now... where are those old advent calendar boxes? I know I stored them somewhere.
    legonut80Speedman29
    MegtheCat said:
    ^I think pictures are in order. Please!
    Oh, definitely - I just need to do them in good natural light! :)