Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• MinifigsMeMinifigsMe Member Posts: 2,844
    @si - welcome to the club! I've actually taken all my parts down for now, because I want to moc, and I don't have the energy for picking parts at the mo.

My status - buzzing! My niece, nephew and mine's entry to the Build Ben Fogle a Forest competition won (on the LEGO fb page)! The prize is a weekend in Manchester with Ben at LDC. Plus some lego and other bits (including a duvet cover!) Just fighting it out with my sis who gets to take them!
  • caperberrycaperberry LondonMember Posts: 2,226
    WHAT?!! Congratulations!!!!! That's so fantastic. Hope you score the duvet cover.
  • princedravenprincedraven Essex, UKMember Posts: 3,768
    ^^ Wow, congrats Savage, it was a lovely little model, well worthy!
    My status is 'a bit peeved after spending almost all of the long weekend boarding my loft and catalog'ing my entire collection I appear to have 'lost' my Chrome Vader...
    Chrome 3PO - Check
    Chrome Stormy - Check
    White Boba - Check
    Shadow Arf - Check
    Chrome TC-14 - Check
    Shirtless Maul - Check
    Chrome Vader - Where for art thou!!! :o
  • timinchicagotiminchicago USAMember Posts: 239
    Stopped by the Watertower Place LEGO store yesterday on the way home from work and picked up the Sopwith Camel. Saving it for this weekend!
    whoo hooo! the nice brand manager from Lego says I can go along to meet Ben (and have a bed time story read by him!) with my sis and the family. They can have the night in a hotel, I'm happy with just one day at LDC. Looking forward to chatting to Alex again too. :)
    Thanks @princedraven and @caperberry - Apparently there were 671 entries and 15 winners. Shows that with a bit of effort these things aren't that hard to win (if you have an AFOL to help you!)
    Bedtime story with Ben? *swoon*
    ^i know!! Should have asked if you could
    Come too!
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,549
    ^ Room for one more? ;-)
    Congratulations @savage_steel &family!
  • masterX244masterX244 GermanyMember Posts: 512
    Enjoyed yesterday's visit to my "local" Lego Store in Munich (2.5 hours away by car).
    Ended up buying Vampyre Castle - looking forward to building it.

Anyone know if there are plans for a Store in Stuttgart? That would be so cool! Not sure that Mrs Legopants would share my opinion though :-S
    Im waiting for that, too.
    A PAB Wall isneeded here very much because its way cheaper than BL on the available parts and with 4 hours to the next store it isnot usable for us here near Stuttgart.
    And for better set coverage it would be better, too.

• andyscouseandyscouse Western MAMember Posts: 365
    BL package arrived with bits to build with! Huzzah!
  • AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    Wavering between happy because I received the Sun Promos, plus parrot, fish and city truck poly bags in the mail today from the UK and the utter disappointment of knowing the huge Lego collection in the Bay Area nor the smaller one closer by are simply not in our budget.
  • jadedancjadedanc USAMember Posts: 1,303
    Awesome, found #3368 for $35, #8085 for $15 and #8089 for $30. Not sure if those are great prices but I was real happy. Found quite a few others but can't get them ATM lol.
  • jadedancjadedanc USAMember Posts: 1,303
    All found at Wm in Baker, LA
  • TheBrickLaddTheBrickLadd Chippenham, Wilts, UK.Member Posts: 844
    Wahoo, a lego store opening close to the in-laws. We must go visit them more! :)
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    edited June 2012
    Just finished Green Grocer and it was indeed a fantastic build. Lots of little details that were unnoticed in pictures that added to the experience. Very happy camper =)

Displaying the Modular block in order: GE, GG, PS(Shop), TH, PS(Apt), FB, CC

And for a cherry on top, next is the mini-Modular set. Gonna shoot for a mini TH and PS too.
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,549
    Wondering if I've missed STEAM - seem to have woken up in October this morning. Rubbish British weather.... :-(
  • Si_UKNZSi_UKNZ NZMember Posts: 4,179
    edited June 2012
    ^^ Just thinking about building the GG makes me smile :)

Todays status is moving boxes ... I had a loft allocated for my boxed sets, but I .. ahem.. spread into 2 other lofts and so today I'll be trying to squeeze them all into the place where they're supposed to be. Don't fancy my chances.

Oh, and while I'm there I might have a look at the roof, since I lie in bed last night listening to slates being blown off by the wind. Thankfully everything in there is sealed in Really Useful Boxes.
    @Si_Dorking_Surrey_UK I don't suppose you have found somewhere that sells the 'Really Useful Boxes' for 'Really Reasonable Prices"?
    I have been picking a few up over the past months but they are so expensive...
    Really could do with a dozen of the larger ones.
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 1,835
    Is having a moral dilema do I buy the lego death star, or the sopworth camel or R2D2 or the imperial shuttle or do I buy all the smaller sets that I have missed out on. Why cant I just win the lottery!
    @princedraven
    - Kaboodle are good for 64l and 84l and have them in black too.
    - Staples did a 2x 64L for £20 in store not long ago, and generally have something reduced in store
    - Rymans do the A4 one (19L I think - about 2 or 3 reams high) with 2x big hobby tray dividers for £10 - amazon pricematched if I recall
    - Asda have been known to have some cheap ones, 50L if I recall (probably my favourite size.
    - The massice (135L one is over £30 everywhere and you're unlikely to get a good deal on that. It's great for modular-sized boxes and above though.
    - If youre buying a lot, but from the manufacturer direct online and you'll probably cover the £13 postage OK and get a good deal.
    - occasionally youll see second hand ones on ebay but people tend not to sell them!

Just back from the loft and I managed to fit it all in! Not that anyone will care less, but I'm happy anyway :)
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    Picking up my QAR later today. Made the mistake of mentioning it to the wife - big mistake. Question is will she let me have it as my Fathers day present? Currently she wants it to go to our 3 year old on his 4th birthday. Seems like a waste to me. But will I be able to talk her round?
    4 is too young for QAR I would have said. It's more like 8 or 9 I reckon.
    edited June 2012
    Thanks for the info @Si_Dorking_Surrey_UK.
    Maybe I am being stupid, but any chance of a link to Kaboodle? Never heard of it and a google search turned up various sites which do not seem at all relevant.
    I would love to get some of the 135L to store my modulars, but am not confident I would be able to get them through the loft opening, may have to do some measuring.
    Glad you got all your stuff in your loft, the whole stacking and racking is a lot easier when they are in decent storage boxes I would guess.

Oh and @cheshirecat I agree with @Si_Dorking_Surrey_UK, 4 is too young for QAR in my opinion.
    edited June 2012
    Ahh, I spelt it wrong.. http://www.caboodle.co.uk/
    Yes, I cant get those 135Ls through the loft opening, I use them in the basement, and use a garden storage container in the loft (which came flat packed and so goes through the hatch when flat).
    (Just realised this should all probably be in 'how do you store your collection'!)

Managing stuff is so much easier in storage boxes. Each theme in it's own box, easy.
    ^ and ^^ I agree completely. I'm hoping that when she sees the box this evening she'll come around to my way of thinking. Perhaps a nice bottle of wine, some cheese and biscuits will help.
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,938
    Is having a moral dilema do I buy the lego death star, or the sopworth camel or R2D2 or the imperial shuttle or do I buy all the smaller sets that I have missed out on. Why cant I just win the lottery!
    Prioritise. R2 and Camel are just out - you'll be able to get hold of them for 2 years. Next UCS set to go is probably the shuttle, but maybe DS. They are both great sets, the IS far exceeded my expectations - it is just so good (and huge) in the flesh.
    I'm chomping at the bit to build my Jabba's palace and anticipate the scorn of my wife as another substantial bit of Lego enters the house. I'll probably do it tomorrow between the Euro matches. She's less of a nag on the money front right now as ebay was good to me a few weeks ago and I have a stack of battlepacks to sell.
    An exciting lego day. First john Lewis agree to pricematch hulk at £12. Then manage to order a couple from tesco anyway. Now just picked up my £60 pricematched QAR.
  • JenniJenni JapanMember Posts: 1,390
    Finally got around to building the Sydney Opera House, it was an interesting build so that makes up for the price a little. I'm not hating the jagged look as much as I've started to appreciate the clever little touches that suggest parts of the building, I'm such a sucker for microbuilding.
    At long last EDHQ is mine and I've started. The ship is so great.
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,734
    Just been on a spending spree on eBay, missing one crucial aspect - money! At least I've got 6d 02h until I have to pay most of them...
  • dimefielddimefield Edmonton Alberta CanadaMember Posts: 314
    Ha... I only go on Bricklink or Ebay on Payday!
  • MCNwakeboardMCNwakeboard VirginiaMember Posts: 279
    Found a damaged Helms Deep set at the Lego store and decided to just get it even though it still seems pricey.
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,734
    ^ Just wondering how many fools people are going to outbid me...
    Looking at Jabbas Palace built and feeling massively underwhelmed by the end result. Great minifigs, great detail on the palace, but it's tiny and cramped. Lego should've doubled the piece count on the building and charged an extra £20. Palace? Beach hut more like!
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 1,835
    @monkeyhanger yeah I was thinking the imperial shuttle. Im putting a moc together for a shop and that would set it off nicely
    Sad I hesitated on Shell_Bellz listing for Taj Mahal =( Was doing the BL check on it during and total came out to ~$650 with instructions using all new parts. That doesn't include shipping either.
  • JenniJenni JapanMember Posts: 1,390
    ^ this is why rebrickable.com is your friend. I think that between sets owned and recent PAB buys I have about a thousand parts left to find. After that I just have to convince my husband that Lego sets can be disassembled :)
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,520
    Must stop buying Lego for a while. Well maybeee next week, after "my" day. :).
  • wRuBwRuB Member Posts: 86
    Built the yellow cargo train today w my 5yo son and both my kids were playing with it... (the other one is 15 months old!)
    Sad I hesitated on Shell_Bellz listing for Taj Mahal =( Was doing the BL check on it during and total came out to ~$650 with instructions using all new parts. That doesn't include shipping either.
    Wish I had one for sale, but that was Momoftwoboys99 selling it. I do have the set but it holds a place of honor in Lego shop #2, and definitely not fo sale. Sorry you missed out on it.
  • andyscouseandyscouse Western MAMember Posts: 365
    Made good headway on spiffing up my Library and getting a good start on the side garden -- confirmed it'll be on view at the Burlington Lego store for about 6 weeks from Jun 20 ... so that gives me a deadline!
    ^^Oops, pardon me Miss, I had the wrong person. But now I'm thinking about BL'ing it now even worse than before. But just thinking that I can have a SSD, R2D2, and Jabba's Palace for the same price as the Taj. Choices...
    ^ NP, hope you're able to get one eventually!
    Best compromise I could get was that I could have the haunted house if I get the money from selling other stuff. So goodbye old records, hello more lego.
  • SWAT_StrachanSWAT_Strachan Member Posts: 24
    edited June 2012
    Status: Considering whether or not to unbox and build my UCS Imperial Shuttle and LAAT & AT-OC, or to wait until I actually have somewhere to put them once built! Space is at a premium at the moment, I still have a UCS R2D2, Republic Gunship, V-19 Torrent, and an AT-TE taking up the dining room table...
    Have been having a go at a bigger Jabba's palace, I think it's starting to take shape, but will need to increase the dome size on the main building to keep everything looking proportional. Looks like pick-a-brick will be on the cards this week.

• LegopantsLegopants GermanyMember Posts: 2,020
    Just unboxed Vampyre Castle (9468).
    Bag 1 (car with net launcher) built.
    Nice minifigs - really like the vampirette and the 2 vampire bats :-)
  • LegopantsLegopants GermanyMember Posts: 2,020
    ^Just finished building the Castle.
    Excellent set - loads of fun details.
    Looking forward to getting my hands on the other sets in the theme, esp. Haunted House!