What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• BrikingBriking Dorset, UKMember Posts: 748
    ^^ Make sausages?  Burgers?
    SprinkleOtter
  • nexandernexander Glasgow Member Posts: 882
    Glad nobody was badly hurt. I came close (stopped about 2ft away) from hitting a adult deer that was sitting in the middle of the road a few weeks ago. It gave me a bloody fright, then I spotted loads of the buggers next to the road for the next few miles. I drove a lot slower!
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,520
    That looks great Chris :-) 
    chrisalddin
  • JooTogJooTog Southern CaliforniaMember Posts: 938
    JooTog said:
    Venunder said:
    I just built the Yellow submarine and find myself slightly disappointed. 
    It is just too small....
    But it does have some nice printed elements and the Beatles minifigs are great. :)
    So maybe it is okay after all? 

I'm planning on building mine tonight. I'll share my thoughts afterwards, but I doubt I'll be disappointed as I'm a Beatles fan and the minifigures alone got me all hyped :-D
    Built it last  night. Love it! No complains on the size, it's about what I was expecting.
    Agree on the printed elements, they are very nice; though the one in the back has it's buttons covered by the two 1x1 round printed parts.

Not sure what am I going to do with a second set, but tempted to buy another one just for the minigures alone.
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,374
    Pitfall69 said:
    Venunder said:
    With that much damage it was probably a Red Deer?, which is not much smaller than a Caribou (Reindeer). 
    Hopefully there is no further damage to the Pitfall family.

I do not know about a "Red" deer, but I am pretty sure it was covered in red last night. Poor guy. I feel really bad, but what can you do?
    No eye deer?
    Aye!!!
    bandit778SprinkleOtterBricklover18stluxcatwranglersnowhitiegmonkey76
  • HugeYellowBrickHugeYellowBrick At my PCMember Posts: 493
    Pitfall69 said:
    Thanks Everyone!!! I will show her all the responses. It will make her happy :)

One little story and we can move on:

My 3 year old was crying most of the night about the accident and then she finally opened up as to why she was crying; she thought that we hit one of Santa's reindeer. Her words "Why is Santa's reindeer running into our car; it's not Christmas yet." 
    That's sweet. Still, even Santa should know that the front light should be white, the red light goes at the rear.

Glad to hear you are all safely recovering.
    KingAlanI
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,395
    Surprised noone has even used "oh deer" so far.
    KingAlanI
  • Jern92Jern92 MalaysiaMember Posts: 801
    Pitfall69 said:
    I do not know about a "Red" deer, but I am pretty sure it was covered in red last night. Poor guy. I feel really bad, but what can you do?
    A barbecue?
    Pitfall69gmonkey76
    sid3windr said:
    Surprised noone has even used "oh deer" so far.
    Red Deer Standing By!!!!
    BumblepantsVorpalRyusid3windrSprinkleOtterricecakeSumoLegogmonkey76
  • brumeybrumey AustriaMember Posts: 994
    nice1 chris
    chrisalddinPitfall69
    i have not 1 but 3 (WHOA!) middle wagons for high speed passenger train.
    nephew and me are having one of the greatest lego times ever with the trains.  and its just the beginning. i just unpacked high speed passenger! the rest will follow! and pics also...

the red one or the blue-yellow one? we where debatting over 1 hour which one to unpack next, then it was bedtime for him! 
    josekalelLegogramPitfall69
  • madejp86madejp86 IllinoisMember Posts: 242
    @Pitfall69 glad to hear everyone is alright, cars can always be fixed or replaced
    Pitfall69
  • JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,095
    I'm a bit annoyed today... Amazon sent a delivery date of Monday 7th Nov for my #60097 City Square, but it turned up at work today... And I'm working from home!

:-(
  • TigerMothTigerMoth Member Posts: 2,343
    I'm a bit annoyed today... Amazon sent a delivery date of Monday 7th Nov for my #60097 City Square, but it turned up at work today... And I'm working from home!

There's a lot to be said for Amazon's "other delivery services" - typically corner shops or even Amazon Locker. If there's one handy, they're often open at obscure times and it doesn't matter if your plans, or their deliveries, change at the last minute.
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,459
    Sometimes stuff just ships quickly. I ordered a couple Akro Mils cabinets from Amazon on Monday, was given a delivery window of Monday Nov 7 thru Thursday Nov 10. USPS delivered them to me yesterday! :)
  • JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,095
    TigerMoth said:

There's a lot to be said for Amazon's "other delivery services" - typically corner shops or even Amazon Locker. If there's one handy, they're often open at obscure times and it doesn't matter if your plans, or their deliveries, change at the last minute.
    Yes, that's very true... I might try that option out next time.
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639

Finished building the Doctor Strange set just in time to go watch the movie in 20 mins. Really looking forward to seeing it on 3D IMAX.
    LEGO_Dad77madejp86MaffyDstluxcatwranglersnowhitiedspigelMooreFXblogzilly
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,917

Finished building the Doctor Strange set just in time to go watch the movie in 20 mins. Really looking forward to seeing it on 3D IMAX.
    Not that this is the right thread, the film is excellent.  Despite tough and ridiculous source material, the folks at Marvel did a fantastic job.
    MaffyDLEGO_Dad77snowhitie
  • flordflord CanadaMember Posts: 673
    Just saw Dr. Strange (it was good, but not my fave), and now want to crack open and build Dr. Strange. I think I'm going to build it into a building though. So, not yet.
    SumoLegoLegogram
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    @SumoLego I really liked it myself. It was well done, refreshing and the visual effects were spectacular. I never watch movies in 3D but this was the perfect one to do so. It was immersive and created an experience you can feel. 

But when the heck did the Ancient One ever wear purple outfit like the fig? I want a version wearing the all yellow tunic with hoodie instead. And a fig of Mikkelsen's character Kaecilious.
    SumoLego
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,826
    I am getting pretty excited for all these Bat-villains we are getting next year! Glad my Arkham MOC is still in the planning stages. I am going to need way more cells than I originally planned for.
    LostInTranslationJohnyk668stluxAdzbadboySumoLegoBuriedinBricksGothamConstructionCo
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,624
    I experienced Doctor Strange (2016) in IMAX 3D last Wednesday, it was a fantastic experience, the depth of the screen during the movie was insane! 8/10
    I am getting pretty excited for all these Bat-villains we are getting next year! Glad my Arkham MOC is still in the planning stages. I am going to need way more cells than I originally planned for.
    Gonna need a bigger boat...
    @SumoLego I really liked it myself. It was well done, refreshing and the visual effects were spectacular. I never watch movies in 3D but this was the perfect one to do so. It was immersive and created an experience you can feel. 

But when the heck did the Ancient One ever wear purple outfit like the fig? I want a version wearing the all yellow tunic with hoodie instead. And a fig of Mikkelsen's character Kaecilious.
    You can tell the set designers had NO information on the actual content of the film.  
    catwranglerstlux
    I want to do an Arkham MOC too. I have a spare sealed 10937 that I'm debating whether to sell or open for the MOC. I'll get the new Arkham too but I think I prefer the DBG colour scheme of 10937.
    BumblepantsGothamConstructionCo
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,826
    ^Yeah I am going to stick with the 10937 look too. I prefer the more Gothic style even though the new one is also impressive.
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,788
    Christmas present for my partner arrived from [email protected] - had to send him to answer the door as I wasn't decent, and as a result had to intervene shortly afterwards because he was opening it! His Christmas present will remain a mystery, unless he starts reading the UK Shopping board here...
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,532
    @catwrangler - Was it addressed to him or you? Coz if it was you what on earth did he think he was doing by opening your Lego!? Yes, I'm sure you probably share, but the physical act of opening a [email protected] delivery must be done by the person who ordered it, surely? Or is it only me that likes this unboxing malarkey?
    LEGO_Dad77
  • ClutchPowerClutchPower Austin, TexasMember Posts: 220
    edited November 2016
                                                                                 Batman For President 2016!

TheMaker37SprinkleOtterLEGO_Dad77plasmodiumblogzilly
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,366
    lugbulk day is a glorious day! So many possibilities!
    Bumblepantsbandit778SirBen
    Finally had time to post an update from my latest trip. Had a great family-fun weekend at BF NJ.
    My family cleaned up at almost all of the games that didn't involve building on the spot. I soundly beat the other boats at the boat race, without even trying to win.
    My mother won her second ever game of Carcassone, while I believe I came in dead last.
    And last but exactly equal to the boat race (they had the same prize!), my brother pulled out a win in Tug of War.

I had the smallest gift for the gift swap, and it had a bit of a surprise for the opener.

@Pitfall69 at the top!

Some things I learned:
    If you're in a blind build game with @aanchir or his brother, just give up.
    Bring cash. Not for the vendors (all but one mark everything up past BL prices), but for the yard sale.
    Bring extra parts. No matter what, something always break down when I get there, and field modifications are a must.
    Funny; there have been times where I have awoke to find myself in a similar situation. 
    bandit778SprinkleOtterLEGO_Dad77YodaliciousSumoLegoGothamConstructionCogmonkey76
  • BrikingBriking Dorset, UKMember Posts: 748
    Waiting.  For 3 [email protected] orders and 4 Bricklink orders.  Next weekend I'll be building the corner drugs store from the Lego Neighbourhood book.
    bandit778LEGO_Dad77LegogramSpeedman29LostInTranslation
    Pitfall69 said:

@Pitfall69 at the top!
    Funny; there have been times where I have awoke to find myself in a similar situation. 
    They're all dudes.  Even the hairy one and the metal one.
    bandit778TheMaker37BumblepantsShibSprinkleOtterLEGO_Dad77gmonkey76
    SumoLego said:
    Pitfall69 said:

@Pitfall69 at the top!
    In a box; not in a box with a bunch of dudes.
    bandit778SumoLegoSprinkleOtter
    Briking said:
    Waiting.  For 3 [email protected] orders and 4 Bricklink orders.  Next weekend I'll be building the corner drugs store from the Lego Neighbourhood book.
    Coincidentally I was just flicking through my copy of the book earlier and was contemplating building that! I'll be interested to hear your thoughts on the build and final model. 
    Pitfall69 said:
    SumoLego said: 
    In a box; not in a box with a bunch of dudes.
    Riiiiight.  That's what I meant.  I'm Box-Man. 
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,788
    MaffyD said:
    @catwrangler - Was it addressed to him or you? Coz if it was you what on earth did he think he was doing by opening your Lego!? Yes, I'm sure you probably share, but the physical act of opening a [email protected] delivery must be done by the person who ordered it, surely? Or is it only me that likes this unboxing malarkey?
    I think I only really care about opening a parcel personally when I don't know what's in it! :D
    MaffyD
    sold half of my displayed sets (ninja copter, garmadons dark fortress, kings castle, rocky river retreat)...

the "where to display my new trains"-problem got solved by bricklink automatically.
    love the lego community!
    catwrangler
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,195
    A bit peeved by how stingy TGL seems to be about the availability of the Lester minifig at the Leicester Square store opening next week...

Fortunately I received my Scary Bricks t-shirt last week to cheer me up!

bandit778snowhitiecatwranglercheshirecatSpeedman29
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,195
    Mucking about in LDD with brick built roads. I like the look and flexibility of these over the standard road plates; seems pricey though.
    Will likely order the pieces for a couple of designs so I can compare them "in the brick" and take a final decision then.

In worst case I end up with a couple of hundred extra spare parts...
    JudgeChuckSalamalexcatwranglersnowhitieasrfarinha
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,297
    stlux said:
    A bit peeved by how stingy TGL seems to be about the availability of the Lester minifig at the Leicester Square store opening next week...
    It is annoying, when he first surfaced it appeared he would be sold, now they say there is no option to obtain him at present. I've seen a couple of nice replicas around though.

• Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,297
    Received a box from [email protected] today, contained the Yellow Submarine that somebody at work wanted for their husband a SW set and the 24 in 1 for my daughter. Got double VIP on it too so pretty good deal for me.
  • MattDawsonMattDawson Solihull, UKMember Posts: 1,202
    No eye deer?

You'd better buck your ideas up about humour.
    LEGO_Dad77snowhitiebrumey
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,532
    ^ It took you that long to think up that joke? That was a whole page ago! Still made me laugh... :-)
    SprinkleOtterLEGO_Dad77
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,395
    You get a lot of bang for the buck on this forum, I guess.
    LEGO_Dad77