Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• boadboad United KingdomMember Posts: 22
    Status: Waiting for 2 1x2 grey tiles to arrive from my local Lego store
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,791
    Finally got in on the Tesco 3 for 2 yesterday, irrationally feeling like: 

BumblepantsricecakeAdzbadboy
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,443
    edited November 2016
    Congratulations @bendybadger on passing your exams and on going to the store opening.
    catwranglerbendybadgerLegogramethanjwall
  • josekaleljosekalel Rio Grande Valley, TexasMember Posts: 680
    So, for @flord and everyone who has made an online PAB order, do you usually count the bricks? Yesterday I got my first order on the mail but completely forgot to count the pieces...
  • flordflord CanadaMember Posts: 673
    I always have. I think it's just because I'm used to counting Bricklink orders. I've never had a problem with PAB. When there's been an error it's always that there are extras.
    bandit778SprinkleOtter
  • bookmumbookmum londonMember Posts: 1,197
    Coming home from brief visit to the parents, decided to go home via lego store at westfield shepherds bush. I love lego store, I hate westfield. It like they took all the relaxing and pleasurable parts of the shopping experience and completely got rid of them and replaced them with the experience of horrible - ness. To hot, to loud, to bright and just arrrrrrrgh. But lego store was lovely. Got some minifigs and a keyring and staff were friendly and smiling. Big pile of yellow submarines! 
    Legopantssnowhitiecatwrangler
  • bookmumbookmum londonMember Posts: 1,197
    Oh I also got the new Wimpy Kid book. In it Greg meets a kid who has loads of big lego sets, but Greg can only build with the left over spares. He builds this.. 

JennidspigelstluxsnowhitiecatwranglerAanchirLEGO_Dad77sid3windr
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,484
    I am lego shopping sated, for about a week. :) 
    So much Lego waiting to be built. 
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    Went to 'Art of the Brick' exhibit for the 2nd time. This one being in San Diego Balboa Park Reuben H. Fleet's museum. Such a good opportunity to be up close with the pieces and to see them in the brick. Tempted to recreate a couple of the masterpiece paintings he replicated.
    LEGO_Dad77
  • BrikingBriking Dorset, UKMember Posts: 748
    That awkward moment when you realise that the two £50 PAB orders needed to have been two £60 orders to qualify for the free Lego 24-in-1 Christmas Builds sets.  Oh well, at least I got douple VIP points.
  • josekaleljosekalel Rio Grande Valley, TexasMember Posts: 680
    Decided to start building one of the two Creator sets on a 32x32 sand baseplate...today I built #31036 (fixed to the baseplate), and although I did have some fun building it, I really did not like the end result. I still need to redo-it so that it's easy to take the second floor and ceiling off like the modulars and to have the diagonal entrance to the floor. Maybe I should get another one of these.

Sorry about the photo quality, it was with my cell phone...to late to use my camera. 
    ClutchPowersnowhitiecatwranglertallblocktoodspigel
  • JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,097
    I'm a bit sad today, as I finally dismantled my LEGO Minecraft diorama last night, as the other half has been banging on for a while about not having a dining table... ;-)
    It took a while, as I reckon that there were about 10,500 bricks in total (1 of each LEGO Minecraft set, plus and extra Cave and Snow Hideout, plus a ton of extra plates, trees, elements and medium and dark stone grey and reddish brown bricks).
    At least everything is neatly packed away in their correct storage boxes! :-)
    SprinkleOtterstluxjosekalelsnowhitiecatwranglertallblocktooLegogramethanjwall
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    edited November 2016
    ^Have you got a photo of the completed thing, would be nice to see it (The diorama, not the empty dining table!)
    SprinkleOtterLegogram
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,624
    I'm starting to think about my placement year opportunities for university. I'll hopefully be applying for the next LEGO Design internship starting in August 2017 or February 2018, though accommodation costs for 5 months will cost an arm and a leg...
    snowhitiecatwranglertallblocktookhmellymelLegogramSalamalexVorpalRyu
    ^Have you got a photo of the completed thing, would be nice to see it (The diorama, not the empty dining table!)
    Yes, I posted a pic and a link to others of it a while ago in these threads:

https://bricksetforum.com/discussion/comment/456165/#Comment_456165
    https://bricksetforum.com/discussion/comment/455387/#Comment_455387

https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/albums/72157671681856736/with/28042359124/

I subsequently added #21127 The Fortress, but it was just tacked onto the edge of the layout this time, long after the main layout was created and so isn't in the pictures. I'll integrate it better next time around.

Hehe, the table's a bit sad now... Just a few White and New Dark Red bricks sitting in a pile in the middle, which I couldn't face packing away, as it was about 2am by that time!
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,195
    edited November 2016
    @snowhitie Those sand baseplates go pretty well with those Tatooine sets. And being Tatooine, you don't need much foliage ;)
    snowhitie
    ^^ I will add that I wasn't at all happy with the layout, but I learned a lot about what I will and won't do next time, especially with the "mountain", but also with the individual sets themselves. They all need far better integration into the overall layout, as they look far too "bolted together".
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,397
    edited November 2016
    flord said:
    I always have. I think it's just because I'm used to counting Bricklink orders. I've never had a problem with PAB. When there's been an error it's always that there are extras.
    I've had 2 wrong orders until now, one where one piece was missing, one where 2 were missing and 1 mysterious one that I didn't actually order was included... so yeah, I definitely count. Even that time when I ordered 200 2x2 tiles. :)

Edit: these were Bricks&Pieces orders, not Pick a Brick... might be a difference, there.
  • legodad1legodad1 New ZealandMember Posts: 48
    Currently rebuilding a number of  city sets post house-move: Multi-story car-park/garage, museum, town square, city square, railway station. Also looking forward to our second local Lego club gathering this Friday afternoon. (Considering changing to a Sunday avo after this one so more AFOLs can make it.)
  • TigerMothTigerMoth Member Posts: 2,343
    sid3windr said:

Edit: these were Bricks&Pieces orders, not Pick a Brick... might be a difference, there.
    Bricks & Pieces orders come from Billund.

Pick A Brick is outsourced to Sonoco at Stryków in Poland. The same company also handles packing of a number of LEGO products, although not necessarily in Poland.
    stluxsid3windr
  • tallblocktootallblocktoo CanadaMember Posts: 497
    Almost completely out of sets to build.  What a guy to do next?  Just completed building the last of my Elves collection.  Still have the Volkswagen Beetle, Doctor Who and one of the Creator animals sets left.  
    I just built the Yellow submarine and find myself slightly disappointed. 
    It is just too small....
    But it does have some nice printed elements and the Beatles minifigs are great. :)
    So maybe it is okay after all? 

dspigelLegogramsnowhitie
  • JooTogJooTog Southern CaliforniaMember Posts: 938
    Venunder said:
    I just built the Yellow submarine and find myself slightly disappointed. 
    It is just too small....
    But it does have some nice printed elements and the Beatles minifigs are great. :)
    So maybe it is okay after all? 

I'm planning on building mine tonight. I'll share my thoughts afterwards, but I doubt I'll be disappointed as I'm a Beatles fan and the minifigures alone got me all hyped :-D
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,375
    Looks like my Lego budget too a big hit tonight :(
    SprinkleOtterSumoLegodspigelbandit778TheMaker37VorpalRyucatwranglerBricklover18Yodalicious
  • Bricklover18Bricklover18 PA, USAMember Posts: 720
    @Pitfall69 deer? 
    SumoLegoPitfall69
  • chrisalddinchrisalddin UKMember Posts: 2,860
    Pitfall69 said:
    Looks like my Lego budget too a big hit tonight :(
    all member of the Pitfall69 family, are ok? that looks like a bad crash.
    snowhitiebandit778catwranglerdatsunrobbiePitfall69
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,944
    Doesn't look like Gungan hair to me.
    Pitfall69SprinkleOtterbandit778GothamConstructionCocatwrangler
    (Completely crass comment guy says: I'm sure you can help provide attentive care to your wife's injury.)
    Pitfall69SprinkleOtterbandit778sid3windr
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,859
    @Pitfall69 sorry to hear, hope your wife feels better soon and the car isn't out of action too long. Crappy thing to happen ...
    BrickDancer
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    ... especially for the buck. Buck Lives Matter!

(Glad to hear your wife wasn't seriously hurt @Pitfall69 although seat belt injuries (if thats what it is) can be really painful especially the day after)
    SumoLegoSprinkleOtterPitfall69bendybadgerLEGO_Dad77
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,308
    Ouch. Glad there was no serious personal damage. 
    Pitfall69
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,835
    Looks like 2017 is bringing us a Super Mario Bros. starter pack in #60136, just need to swap the heads for mustached ones and add some caps.

The pitiful truck wagon thing looks like it was designed in the '80s too
    sid3windrricecakeJern92
  • BrikingBriking Dorset, UKMember Posts: 748
    Ouch!  That looks bad.  Happy to hear your wife is ok.
    Pitfall69
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,541
    @Pitfall69 - sorry to hear about your car and your wife's accident. Hope both are right as rain in no time. I have no joke to end this comment with :-(
    bookmumPitfall69
  • TheMaker37TheMaker37 Norfolk,VaMember Posts: 476
    @Pitfall69 According to the new sitcom on tbs "People of Earth" deer accidents are replacement memories for alien abductions, you can recover the memories through hypnotherapy.

But seriously, I am glad to hear there are no serious injuries.
    SprinkleOtterPitfall69mldj77
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,791
    I'm glad your wife's not badly hurt, @Pitfall69, but damn, sorry about the car (and the Lego budget)! Not a shock or an expense anybody needs...
    Pitfall69
  • Bricklover18Bricklover18 PA, USAMember Posts: 720
    Sorry about the car, good to hear that your wife is ok.  It must be the season for hitting deer.  My mom hit one about 3 weeks ago.  It somehow dented the car from the front bumper to the back door. It caused $4200 in damage.
    Pitfall69
  • ricecakericecake Maryland, USAMember Posts: 879
    @Pitfall69 Glad your wife is OK!
    Pitfall69
    ^ If it was a buck, I can understand her confusion.  You have to go to Northern Michigan for reindeer and caribou...
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,397
    That one little story, just tacked on to bring me to tears... :) Great to read everyone was OK. Time to bricklink some car parts... :)
    Pitfall69
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,936
    sid3windr said:
    That one little story, just tacked on to bring me to tears... :) Great to read everyone was OK. Time to bricklink some car parts... :)
    It would be seriously amazing if @Pitfall69 fixed the car damage with Lego bricks. Not structural/mechanical components, obviously, but some of the cosmetic damage maybe. :-D
    Pitfall69stluxSprinkleOtterTheMaker37
    SumoLego said:
    ^ If it was a buck, I can understand her confusion.  You have to go to Northern Michigan for reindeer and caribou...
    Actually, there are a few areas around here that have reindeer. There is is place right down the road that we go to for Christmas that has a reindeer out roaming around.
    piratemania7SprinkleOtterLegogram
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,065
    Most importantly I am glad the wife is OK @Pitfall69, I'm sure it puts it all into perspective.
    With that much damage it was probably a Red Deer?, which is not much smaller than a Caribou (Reindeer). 
    Hopefully there is no further damage to the Pitfall family.

Venunder said:
    With that much damage it was probably a Red Deer?, which is not much smaller than a Caribou (Reindeer). 

I do not know about a "Red" deer, but I am pretty sure it was covered in red last night. Poor guy. I feel really bad, but what can you do?
    SprinkleOtterBricklover18sid3windr
  • bendybadgerbendybadger 127.0.0.1 ::1Member Posts: 1,141
    Pitfall69 said:
    Venunder said:

I do not know about a "Red" deer, but I am pretty sure it was covered in red last night. Poor guy. I feel really bad, but what can you do?
    No eye deer?
    bandit778Pitfall69Bricklover18LegogramLEGO_Dad77BumblepantssnowhitieMattDawson