Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    edited May 2012
    ^^ & ^ We must be the Bricklink Trio with our CC & GG builds at the same time. I'm waiting on 1 more package to show up to start GG, hopefully tomorrow. Coming all the way from France, so its taking its frenching time.
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,938
    My UCS R2 arrived today and i'm resisting temptation to get stuck straight in. I'm going to wait until the weekend.
  • andyscouseandyscouse Western MAMember Posts: 365
    edited May 2012
    ^^ I got it on sale for $55 on TRU, but purely for parts -- as yet unopened but will be parted out soon.
    Actually, got this for $18 plus $18 shipping from Goodwill - it was City of Atlantis I got for $55 -- both to be parted when opened.

• andyscouseandyscouse Western MAMember Posts: 365
    Ship building weekend! Black Pearl, QAR, Imperial Flagship and Destiny's Bounty (although the latter barely counts).
    What about the Flying Dutchman? lol :)

• LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,912
    Browsing though the "gear" section on Bricklink and seeing all the weird things LEGO has produced before.
  • AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    It was a bulk buying and sorting kind of day! 69 minifigs complete, if not original parts, and lots of partials to match up with parts we already have. Several Insectoid sets to sort and assemble. Nice selection of parts from Belville sets and soooo much more in the 65-70 lbs we got.
  • jadedancjadedanc USAMember Posts: 1,303
    @AFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Gratz!! If you ever wanna get rid of bulk minifigs, lmk. Not worried about accessories, I have to fill my football stadium a lot at a time :)
  • Si_UKNZSi_UKNZ NZMember Posts: 4,179
    ^ I expect there'll be a few more ninjas, firemen, batmen etc in the stadium now? :)
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,324
    edited May 2012
    Ship building weekend! Black Pearl, QAR, Imperial Flagship and Destiny's Bounty (although the latter barely counts).
    What about the Flying Dutchman? lol :)

Still as elusive as ever. Sometimes I think that ship is somewhat magical, just like in the movies. Eh, @Flump?

Working on packing up around 30 boxes of LEGO I just sold on eBay, while also trying to think up what to do for my next mini modular design. Any suggestions?

^How about mini-Seaside House?

Day 5 of vacation underway and just added to list of completed builds:

9493: X-Wing
    5770: Lighthouse
  • starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,316
    @samiam391: How about a mini library or Police station?
  • caperberrycaperberry LondonMember Posts: 2,226
    @BrickDancer Isn't Lighthouse just too cute?
    Looking I buy a Rubbermaid tub full of random sets and parts for $30 from a friend. Apparently there are some vintage SW sets.
  • Si_UKNZSi_UKNZ NZMember Posts: 4,179
    still building batman jetski mocs. Have almost 20 lined up now :)
    ^ 20 pictures or it didn't happen
    @caperberry I thought the Lighthouse was nice before, but after building it I like it even better than expected. Ended up being a nice little piece that stands out amongst the rest. I was helping my gf out with her Beach Town layout, so it was added to the Marina, Seaside House and the Krusty Krab. This is her summer version of the Winter Village lol. Made me smile when she came up with it =)
    ^ wacky mix :0) My lighthouse has been displayed for a while. Maybe it needs a Spongebob friend
    @AFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Gratz!! If you ever wanna get rid of bulk minifigs, lmk. Not worried about accessories, I have to fill my football stadium a lot at a time :)
    No plan to at this point, but I'll keep you in mind.

There is a trans orange head here I'm having a problem identifying. Area around features is gold. Was not on a body when we found it. Are you, or anyone familiar with it? If not I'll take a pic and post in proper thread.
    Update: over 100 minifigs in the lot of bulk we bought. Also a this http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=6161 and about 20 light yellow bricks of various sizes. We're still sorting.
    edited May 2012
    No plan to at this point, but I'll keep you in mind.

There is a trans orange head here I'm having a problem identifying. Area around features is gold. Was not on a body when we found it. Are you, or anyone familiar with it? If not I'll take a pic and post in proper thread.
    Is it this?
    http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=3626bpb008
    @legobrandonCP Yes, that's the one! Thank you. Now I can look for the proper body and accessories!
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    Couldn't access the forums all mirning. Had this unsettling feeling that I was missing all kind of great lego deals...
    Made a mini modular hospital which can be now found on Cuusoo along with my other mini modulars. Any more ideas for my next one?
    Status: Day 6 of Lego binge and have built the new Y-Wing, organized instruction folders, watched The Padawan Menace (which was pretty darn funny), thinking about going to a Lego Store for another mini-Hulk, and hoping my last Bricklink package gets here today.
  • dimefielddimefield Edmonton Alberta CanadaMember Posts: 314
    Missing parts in my last 3 bricklink orders... annoying!
    Spent all night last night making our minifigs politically correct, or at least as sold, so tonight I'm eating chocolate cake and thinking about how many more need wardrobe changes, lobotomies, and various other surgeries to look as they did when they left the Lego factory! Think I'll make that cake ala mode!
  • starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,316
    ^I'll take a piece!
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,260
    Spent like 5 hours tonight working on sorting and bagging all of my 1x1 sized pieces (plates, tiles, rounds, cheese slopes etc). Couldn't imagine a worse hell. Only about 2/3 of the way through my used stuff which probably only would've filled 1/3-1/2 of a grab bag. Still have a full grab bag of new 1x1 stuff to sort after that.
    ^I'll take a piece!
    If you've ever eaten at a Claim Jumper restaurant and had the Motherlode Chocolate Cake for dessert you know what you just missed! Add strawberry ice cream to make it truly irresistable!

Think I'll do some minifig surgery after all!

Feeling brave after defeating CC and GG, spent last night (Day 6) tackling a new Bricklink project: 10187 Volkswagen Beetle.

Didn't like the Dark Blue/Medium Blue color combo so subbed them out for Yellow/White. Yellow because it reminds me of my favorite VW bug, Bumblebee. White was a toss up with Light bley or even reddish brown.

It went by fast after gaining the new BL skills and finished in a matter of hours for a total of $170 in all new parts (before shipping costs). Only missing the instructions and the sticker sheet.
    ^Impressive. I'd love to try do a custom Kombi on BL but lack the sanity required to complete it :O)
    Feeling very happy after scoring two chrome C-3POs, chrome vader, chrome stormtrooper, Cloud City Lando, and a Cloud City Boba Fett late last evening. :-)
    My appetite for minifigures is filled... for now.
  • mattheww888mattheww888 Member Posts: 87
    ^Wow. You trade the queen's wardrobe for all that?
    She kept a few dresses, but mostly yes. ;-)

Actually, I was able to get all of them at discounted prices through a lot of bartering!
    ^^^^Now you got me thinking @caperberry (its not that bad after you get the hang of it, Excel is your friend in this).

Since I already have the original Kombi in Red/White, maybe I should do matching Beetles and Kombi as pairs of Red/White & Yellow/Light Bley. It would go perfect with my existing Ferrari/Lamborghini F1 & Racer theme of Red/Yellow... But at about ~$200 a piece, this is something to ponder hhmmm...
    Sopwith Camel ordered, free shipping and a free mini Sopwith. Missed out on the Hulk minifig even though it was still in the banner on the Lego site.
    edited June 2012
    @BrickDancer I had a look at doing an all-yellow Kombi (which was what ours was), but not sure what to do about the 3x3 plate with rounded corner; unavailable in yellow :O(

Anyway, on the subject of colours, my LEGO status today is that I finally own my first dark orange! At last. It's the lovely pieces in Geonosian Cannon. I feel a new spaceship coming on.
    Lego store - happy, CL - happy, happy! Sorting - what awesome deals we got today! If I were any happier I'd need a pig sty!
  • littletokilittletoki Member Posts: 517
    Opening all of the LOTR sets and raiding them of their minifigs!!! :D
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,734
    Can someone get me off ebay? I've got 37 confirmed bid emails :(
    Careful what you wish for. I was hoping for Bricklink intervention and see what happened...lol. One of the few bills that comes in my email I cant wait to pay.
  • BJ21BJ21 Hampshire, UKMember Posts: 32
    Getting over a rubbish statistics exam this morning by spending the afternoon on a mass building session - rather than revising for my next exam...
  • UKtsumiUKtsumi Member Posts: 626
    Just put the finishing touches on a display case for my minifigures... very pleased with myself! - only problem is it only holds 4 series, so Im going to have to make some more.... epecially as Ive just bought my first batman set!
    Fiiiiinally returning to Tower Bridge after it has sat on my main table half-built for about 2 months.
    Did my UCS R2 today. Due to the massively organised bags and variety of colour of parts, it only took 4 hours. Wasn't impressed with the shade variation of white parts though. Same situation as I experienced with UCS Imperial shuttle - proper pure white, creamy white, blueish white, even amongst the same part type. The third leg's length renders it useless also. It barely causes R2 to tilt (about 3 degrees I guess). It needs to be an inch/4 studs longer at minimum. I can see why the made it the length they did, it wouldn't fit fully in the body when it wasn't deployed. To mod it is simple enough, but it'll mean commiting it to display in 3 legged pose.
    ^I'm having the same frustration with my R2. The finished model looks great, but the 3rd leg is practically useless as it doesn't stick out near far enough to be of any decent use.
    Samiam931: I'm going to extend the third leg on mine four or six studs length and leave it out. The leg is easy enough to remove and extend. Pop the head off, remove the wedge that limits how far it can come out and alter. Did you get a brick separator as per instructions? Don't know anyone yet that did.
    All my sand green bricks have arrived safely! Green Grocer tomorrow night... (stupid work)
    Our R2 had the brick seperator with it, the little orange one!
  • jadedancjadedanc USAMember Posts: 1,303
    ^^ So does the Vampyre Castle :)