Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• masterX244masterX244 GermanyMember Posts: 474
    Pitfall69 said:
    I keep my boxes, but I flatten them...so they take up far less space

I think stacking the empty Lego boxes make a very nice wall deco :)

Though if a strong wind were to blow through the windows the whole thing would topple, which happened once or twice.

Please, throw them all away or recycle them. You don't need them ;)
    if you open up the boxes the right way they are useful for storing other stuff, too :P
  • bookmumbookmum londonMember Posts: 1,197
    Status today is feeling sad. Daughter +tantrum +Geoffrey =

snowhitiekiki180703
  • iso3200iso3200 97 miles from Brickset TowersMember Posts: 2,035
    bookmum said:
    @Recce that picture is amazing but is that a tiny little microwave at the bottom? How do you heat up your food? 
    You are suggesting he has money left over for food?
    bookmumcatwranglerkiki180703SprinkleOtter
  • brumeybrumey AustriaMember Posts: 994
    somehow i m always short on white, light bley and dark bley bricks!
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,859
     @iso3200 that carrousel looks amazing - can't wait to see the result.

@bookmum I used to put boxes in boxes but found out that that doesn't work at all. I've now got them all flattened. Wouldn't feel right to get rid of them though, but I also keep playmobil boxes and Thomas the tank engine boxes and stuff, just cause I like it ;) But I'm not obsessing about it too much. I'v even bought a damaged box from Amazon warehouse yesterday (extra 5 quid off, whoop) - although I do complain when they send me a damaged box when I don't get the money off, they should pack it properly! Maybe that's a bit cheeky of me.

I do agree with the 'putting value' on the brick sentiment. I love Lego and whenever people see the buildings they automatically go 'oh and it's worth so much money', well, but that's not the point, look at all these great things you can make with it, look at all the enjoyment of it. Not everyone is like that though, but even the pianotuner yesterday was smitten, that was quite cool. He was also impressed that all the houses had a Lego-piano (he'd never seen one).
    catwrangler
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,218
    edited October 2016
    khmellymel said:

I don't know if I'll ever be able to recycle the instructions, but I'm working my way up to the boxes.  I realised that the boxes are quite a space suck when I started putting boxes inside of boxes inside of boxes... and it's like a never ending set of Russian Dolls to find sets.
    If a set had been broken down for parts and I know I'm never going to build it as that set again then I have no need for the instructions- I do still need to sort all my instructions from before I instituted this rule though! 
  • RecceRecce Tiny Little Red DotMember Posts: 897
    bookmum said:
    @Recce that picture is amazing but is that a tiny little microwave at the bottom? How do you heat up your food? 
    That's a Bluetooth speaker from Creative :) 
    Legoboy said:
    Pitfall69 said:
    You have no idea how bad the decor behind them is.  ;)
    Haha, there is indeed a feature wall behind. 
    iso3200 said:
    bookmum said:
    You are suggesting he has money left over for food?
    No money left for anything, really. 
    bookmumkiki180703
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,375
    Recce said:
    bookmum said:
    That's a Bluetooth speaker from Creative :) 
    I thought it was a white Etch-a-Sketch :) At least that wall-o-Lego looks better than my foyer rug as far as room decor goes.
    SprinkleOttercatwranglerkiki180703
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,539
    ^ Do you live in a hotel? Or, do you not know how to use the word 'hallway'? Or, or, American English strikes again!? ;-)
    legomental
  • khmellymelkhmellymel United KingdomMember Posts: 1,232
    Shib said:
    If a set had been broken down for parts and I know I'm never going to build it as that set again then I have no need for the instructions- I do still need to sort all my instructions from before I instituted this rule though! 
    I'm bad enough that I have instructions for sets I don't even own!  I'll try the smaller boxes first, especially the damaged ones that came from Amazon Warehouse LOL.  I used to break down sets for parts, but ever since I moved to the UK I've not done it so it's a lot harder for me to do - must overcome the hoarder collector mentality.
    MaffyD said:
    ^ Do you live in a hotel? Or, do you not know how to use the word 'hallway'? Or, or, American English strikes again!? ;-)
    Is foyer not a word here?!  How can I live in a country so long and not even realise...
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    It is, for hotels or offices but not for houses. 
  • JooTogJooTog Southern CaliforniaMember Posts: 938

Just planned all the LEGO purchases I need to do in November for all promos (not counting whatever they throw at us on "Brick" Friday)... and I'm not done with my October purchases.
    stluxSprinkleOttersnowhitie
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,065
    ^Oh I feel so much better now, like I am one step closer toward an inner circle of some sort.
    stluxPitfall69
    MaffyD said:
    It is, for hotels or offices but not for houses. 
    We use "foyer" in the US. Although, my house is pretty much a hotel and the guests haven't paid in quite some time ;)
    SprinkleOtterMaffyD
    Recce said:
    Legoboy said:
    Pitfall69 said:
    You have no idea how bad the decor behind them is.  ;)
    Haha, there is indeed a feature wall behind. 
    I am pretty sure there is a pick-a-brick wall behind all of those boxes.
    catwranglerkiki180703SprinkleOtter
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,791
    Hallelujah! After more nonsense, actually managed to get properly refunded at Argos, which I had not expected at this point! As a result, we didn't have to return the set. Had to resist hugging it when I got home... ;)

Also, new minifigs!
    bookmumkhmellymelkiki180703stluxsnowhitiericecakeJenniMaffyDHugeYellowBrick
  • Lego_StarLego_Star ... in a galaxy far, far away.Member Posts: 2,133
    Chuffed that I will finally own an awesome Fairy Scary Bricks t-shirt soon... :o)

So very cool.

http://bricksetforum.com/discussion/24885/scary-bricks-t-shirts
    TheMaker37Pitfall69kiki180703GothamConstructionCoBuriedinBricksstluxDronebandit778
    ^You better get some cream for that ;)
    SprinkleOtterLego_Star
  • Lego_StarLego_Star ... in a galaxy far, far away.Member Posts: 2,133
    edited October 2016
    That's ok @Pitfall69 that won't be necessary...

chuffed
    tʃʌft/
    adjective BRITISH informal
    1. very pleased.
      "I'm dead chuffed to have won"
    --------------------------------------------------

And besides, I think everyone should have a foyer ;o)
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366
    A little creeped out while building the Venom Symbiote...

SprinkleOttersnowhitiecatwranglerTheMaker37josekalel
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,835
    Too old to play with all the friends roller coaster track and Ninjago bricks in the play area of the Doha airport toy shop apparently.
    snowhitieLostInTranslationcatwranglerbandit778Jennikiki180703tallblocktoo
  • masterX244masterX244 GermanyMember Posts: 474
    Another bricklink order received... 600 more pieces for a project
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,195
    Too old to play with all the friends roller coaster track and Ninjago bricks in the play area of the Doha airport toy shop apparently.
    Whoever stopped you from playing should have their licence to work in a toy shop revoked! And carry a big grumpy old man sign at all times.
    SprinkleOtterkiki180703LEGO_Dad77
  • BrikingBriking Dorset, UKMember Posts: 748
    Waiting for my PaB orders.  The courier picked them up Wed evening, but the tracking info is a joke!
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,298
    Just spotted while surfing the net this evening. RoscoPC has released the latest F1 car MOC plans. This time its Vittorio Brambilla's March 751. Its going to take a while to gather together loads of orange and the rims and tyres needed. Might make it a 2017 on going project!

catwranglerkiki180703snowhitietallblocktoo
  • TheMaker37TheMaker37 Norfolk,VaMember Posts: 476
    edited October 2016
    My TV went out on me last night, so after buying the new one today I will be unable to buy the Porsche and Big Ben until next year:(
    My TV went out on me last night, so after buying the new one today I will be unable to buy the Porsche and Big Ben until next year:(

That's what credit cards are for ;-)
    Pitfall69kiki180703
    JooTog said:

Haven't had on of those since my 20's, I am fine on emergency savings, though I don't think this qualifies as an emergency.

Or does it?
    SprinkleOtterPitfall69kiki180703snowhitie
    JooTog said:

Haven't had on of those since my 20's, I am fine on emergency savings, though I don't think this qualifies as an emergency.

Or does it?

I get a sense of "emergency frenzy" during short-timed promos... that's how I ended with 6 orders from [email protected] a couple of weeks ago trying to get Revan :-(

I have 1 credit card dedicated to LEGO. 
    TheMaker37kiki180703
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,731
    JooTog said:
    JooTog said:

Or does it?

I get a sense of "emergency frenzy" during short-timed promos... that's how I ended with 6 orders from [email protected] a couple of weeks ago trying to get Revan :-(

I have 1 credit card dedicated to LEGO. 
    "Hi, my name is JooTog, and I have a problem..." ;)
    TheMaker37JooTogPitfall69kiki180703
    JooTog said:

Or does it?
    Technically a broken TV may qualify as an "emergency", since I used money from my entertainment fund to replace it I could take money from my emergency fund to replace my entertainment fund..... blah, blah.....blah

Grrr....the twisted logic puzzles I put my mind through to justify buying more Lego.
  • LegopantsLegopants GermanyMember Posts: 1,985
    Ordered Detective's Office yesterday morning to take advantage of Double VIPs and to get a London Bus - parcel has just arrived! Really quick!!! Lego even enclosed a #30305 poly as a "thank you for ordering" prezzie :-))
    khmellymelLostInTranslationkiki180703
  • Peter1975Peter1975 DeventerMember Posts: 165
    edited October 2016
    I just ordered the new winter holiday train #10254 at the Lego shop.com From there I surfed to the Lego idea's, see what is new. And the I saw this one. A really nice MOC about the seven wonders of the world. Check this one out. Hope you'll enjoy it to. https://ideas.lego.com/projects/155970
    stluxsnowhitiekiki180703
  • khmellymelkhmellymel United KingdomMember Posts: 1,232
    ^ I really like that one, thanks for sharing!  I do wish it had more photos from different angles though.
  • JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,097
    LEGO Status: Bl**dy annoyed!

I'm working today, so am in London and was hoping to pop along to the LEGO Store in Stratford before I went into the office... Because of engineering works on the trains, they were all being diverted into Victoria and were late, so I had to go straight into the office and miss out on a PAB cup and browse...
    Grrr... Bally Network Rail! :-(
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,298
    Bit of LEGO maintenance day to day. Gave my daughters bedroom a complete tidy including dusting and rebuilding all the broken sets laying around. Then a walk to the shop to get the Daily Fail set. Chap in front of me rolled up in a KTM X-Bow (bonkers bathtub on wheels style car), bought two papers and bought up all the left over sets from last week! Built our Ninjago dragon set and tucked the spares I picked up away for a rainy day!
  • TigerMothTigerMoth Member Posts: 2,343
    When would you prefer they did engineering work? 4 p.m. on a Friday afternoon? The work has been known about for months (as has future work - hint!), so either blame the operator for not putting up the posters or somebody else for not reading them - but not the whipping boy!
    SumoLegokiki180703
  • iso3200iso3200 97 miles from Brickset TowersMember Posts: 2,035
    Finally got my Grand Carousel powered up today. What a disappointment. Been looking forward to this day for so long to find it's jerky, very fragile and slowly comes apart here and there when running. Now I'm going to have to do some strengthening work which I hadn't budgeted for. Plus all the areas that I feel need some help are near the start of the build.

Status - annoyed.

• SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,942
    TigerMoth said:
    When would you prefer they did engineering work? 4 p.m. on a Friday afternoon?
    Yes.  That's how we roll.
    SprinkleOtterkiki180703Bricklover18Yodalicious
    TigerMoth said:
    When would you prefer they did engineering work? 4 p.m. on a Friday afternoon? The work has been known about for months (as has future work - hint!), so either blame the operator for not putting up the posters or somebody else for not reading them - but not the whipping boy!
    They had said that Hastings trains would be terminating at London Bridge... But there weren't any; at least, none between 09:00 and about 10:00 this morning.

Of course I wouldn't prefer that they did the work at 4pm on a Friday, but I've been putting up with the cr*p around LB for donkey's years, so I'll "Bally Network Rail" as much as I like. Bally Network Rail!

Anyway, my comments were partially tongue-in-cheek. It's hardly the end of the world.

At least I don't have to put up with Southern Rail, unlike many colleagues and other people...
    snowhitieShibkiki180703catwranglerDrone
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,859
    Having a great couple of days since my son is ill. Okay, that sounds wrong! He's not that bad but building Lego seems to make him feel better. One set after the other he's doing (and playing with them in between) so I've been keeping him company (would be rude not too).

In a SW mood so after making the #9496 (thank you @james.sparham) I'm now doing the Sandcrawler. It's a really really great build. I'd been looking forward to it for a while but it's even better than I thought... Lovely jubbly!

I'm sending some of my happy vibes to @JudgeChuck and @iso3200.
    stluxJudgeChuckkiki180703Bricklover18bandit778catwranglertallblocktoo
  • brumeybrumey AustriaMember Posts: 994
    just have been to vienna lego store with my girlfriend

she wants the disney castle!!!   WINNING    :)
    stluxkiki180703snowhitiecatwranglerJenniLEGO_Dad77HugeYellowBrick
  • BillyBricks84BillyBricks84 United StatesMember Posts: 344
    Status: Concerned. This is thanks to @snowhitie for sending my first Mixel. I built it and thought to myself, "Hmmm, it might be nice to have a few more of these around so this little guy isn't so lonely." I've never purchased one before because I didn't want to spend the $5 on one, but now I see a store on Bricklink that is selling them new for $3.50 apiece. So I could pick up a few. Of course, that same store is running a deal with a purchase of 10 or more dropping their price down to $3.15 apiece...

Self control, where are you in my times of need???
    SprinkleOtterkiki180703DoctorMcGannsnowhitiecatwranglertallblocktoo
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,195
    Self control is for people who hate Lego ;)
    SprinkleOtterkiki180703DoctorMcGanncatwranglertallblocktooSeijiAmasawajosekalel
    edited October 2016
    snowhitie said:

I'm sending some of my happy vibes to @JudgeChuck and @iso3200.
    Thanks @snowhitie! :-)

Happily, it looks like I *might* be finished work earlier than expected, so I might have enough time to pop along the Jubilee Line in time before the store closes tonight. Fingers crossed! :-)

(Still "Bally Network Rail", though! ;-) )
    snowhitie
  • TigerMothTigerMoth Member Posts: 2,343
    JudgeChuck said:

They had said that Hastings trains would be terminating at London Bridge... But there weren't any; at least, none between 09:00 and about 10:00 this morning.
    There were services every 30 minutes from Hastings to London Bridge this morning, starting at 0539. Every single one of them ran and arrived at London Bridge within a few minutes of the advertised time. They kept to what they said they'd do.

The bit that was probably missed was that they didn't go via Sevenoaks or Orpington - if that's where you were, you'd still be waiting, although I doubt posters at those stations mentioned Hastings services. Whoever's to blame, it's still not Network Rail.
    SumoLego said:

Yes.  That's how we roll.
    Surely you mean that's how you don't roll?