Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• nasrinasri Guest Posts: 4
    Mine would be "trying to be on top of Legos while studying for multiple tests "
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,557
    Wishing @Savage_Steel a fun- and Lego-filled birthday!
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,460
    Happy Birthday, Sav !

(and nice job, Lost - lovely little vignette !)
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,991
    edited December 2011
    ^I spy a hedgehog! (That's not my status, but is about as intelligent as most updates).

"Stop thinking about Lego, Start thinking about work" would be mine.
  • MinifigsMeMinifigsMe Member Posts: 2,844
    edited December 2011
    "awesome Lego filled birthday. Built Lion's Castle and kings carriage ambush. Diagon Alley and Family house to come. PLUS my wreaths and awesome Christmas card from @lostintranslation arrived. Massive win! " :-D

Also ^that is gorgeous! Sharing on facebook. Thanks lego friends :D Ps glad the Notts Forest figs arrived safely. Let me know if you want more pots later.
  • Silber334Silber334 Member Posts: 147
    edited December 2011
    Ack! Has changed from "STOP SHOPPING FOR LEGO NO ROOM LEFT" to
    "STOP SHOPPING FOR LEGO NO ROOM nor MONEY LEFT"
    Same here. Or shall I say, "begins wondering how much pcs of Legos he's accumulated so far from his measly collection."

BTW, Happy Birthday, Savage_Steel! :)
  • bor2112bor2112 Member Posts: 289
    @Savage_Steel, Happy belated birthday! Hope it was all you wished for!
  • vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,185
    Staring at my Super Heroes and thinking how awesome they are with the Modular buildings. I love Lego.
  • georgebjonesgeorgebjones Member Posts: 224
    Driving and calling all over town to try and find the Friends sets before Christmas
  • JohnnyFiveJohnnyFive Member Posts: 10
    Just wrapped the VW camper and the Maersk Container Ship for my daughter for Xmas whilst my partner is wrapping what i hope is the Space Shuttle Adventure for my Xmas pressie!
  • Si_UKNZSi_UKNZ NZMember Posts: 4,179
    Still prowling, expecting news of the sales soon.
    "happy death star day"! (my actual fb status)
  • legonut80legonut80 UKMember Posts: 314
    Lego Christmas crackers made, excited about the sales and watching my little ones open christmas presents... mostly Lego and Duplo :)
    edited December 2011
    Grateful to work for my Xmas vouchers that have paid for my 3061... but also frickin freezin waiting in TRU car park with my dad for a "special" train to pass through Peterborough... oh well, we've all got our hobbies, haven't we?
  • legoDadlegoDad Member Posts: 529
    Relaxing at 12:30am....putting in the final little gift into the stockings while my son sleeps. Finishing a Death Star and Millenium Falcon ornament (Chris McV designed) to complete the day. Peace to all!
    Finished reorganising my Lego hoard - found a home for the avalanche of stuff that arrived in December, and pulled out the next 5 or 6 builds - cant wait to get started!
    I'm similar to Si: spent the afternoon sorting out some loose bricks and bagging/storing sets, now laying into the backlog of builds while watching movies :)
  • paradisiaparadisia UKMember Posts: 15
    Cleared my Christmas Toy shop display from my City street layout, and looking through the 2012 Lego catalogue considering which sets to buy next
  • JenniJenni JapanMember Posts: 1,390
    Finally - Friends, my 7-year-old's best day ever, again :)
    Just finished building the Pharohs pyramid - better than expected but wouldnt have been worth full price. Back to building the joust - now THAT's more like it!
    Really chuffed with my first Superheroes set and that I'll be getting the Rise of the Sphinx for a very bargainous price, but now concerned that I'm looking at the PQ coin bank and thinking "if I get this I'll complete the theme" (which would be a personal first). So, clearly everyone on here has been a very bad influence on me!! I've never been a completionist before!
  • HobHob My Lego houseMember Posts: 223
    "really wants that box or random Lego (possible Star wars sets with instructions and minifigs) from his friends wife ASAP before she gives it to someone else"

That's mine for today.
  • omgitsrenzoomgitsrenzo Member Posts: 46
    mine would be

" the key to my friendship/heart - a warm smile , sense of humor , fantastic personality , smarts and most importantly loads of legos ;D
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,422
    @LostInTranslation - I say forget about the bank. It's not like it fits with the other sets. It just has the same markings, etc.

To me, I have the complete theme.
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    Picked up new Star Wars sets from Meijer today.
  • littletokilittletoki Member Posts: 517
    "Might be in need of an intervention. Can't. Stop. Buying."
    Getting up early and trying to hide all traces of extravagant Lego spending before my parents visit. I'm looking at you, Death Star !
  • AmikoAmiko Member Posts: 97
    edited January 2012
    "You should see the LEGO collection I have... erm... in my head! It's massive! Now I just need to buy the stuff!"
  • stagusstagus Member Posts: 256
    Feeling inspiration for my display at the Lego Show.....no, really I am.....but need to get more bricks for MOC's!
    Wondering what Stagus will be showing at the Lego show :)
    Finished building Pet Shop yesterday, the last set of my backlog. Finished sorting out loose elements this morning (despite the distraction of the Aussie open final).
    Now need to finish procrastinating, and get on with moccing (after the tennis!)
  • lulwutlulwut Member Posts: 417
    edited January 2012
    I would love to build my sets, but how does anyone find space to display these short of dedicating an entire room to it?
    Just finished MoD of 2x Grand Emporiums. Well, the exterior is finished anyway, interior needs a few bits yet. Aiming to use up all the bits in the original sets.
    Thought I might be able to get away with a snow day today, and do some building on my Willy Wonka chocolate factory MoC and work from home, but sadly the paths were clear enough for me to get to my bus...
  • richoricho Member Posts: 3,830
    edited February 2012
    My remaining John Lewis vouchers are burning a hole in my pocket given all the discounted stuff at my local branch. T-6, bounty hunter ship, naboo starfighter set and battle packs. Do I go after work tonight? Not that I currently need any more sets at the moment. hmm
  • ktmoktmo Member Posts: 73
    Waiting for a snow day to build Olivia's House.
    Has a table of dismembered minifigs, a new batch of decals and a bunch of orders to fill - but no snow day for me. The though of the limbless minifigs in pain is killing me!
    @Savage_steel: lol, you minifig butcher! Reminded me I need to check whether I have some body parts for you though :)
    thanks @lostintranslation. and honestly it does feel wrong. When I got my first batches of used lego from ebay I couldn't understand why some kids had pulled all their figs apart - it just seems cruel. but sadly it's necessary for this!
    edited February 2012
    Must build the sets I dont want in order to sell them. But the reason I want to sell them is because I dont want to build them. Oh the pain! The suffering!
    @Si - I'll come over and build them for you. Will accept commission of 20% of sale price or Lego of equivalent value.
    no really please do - Offer accepted - Especially the darn Ferris wheel!
    *Googles how to get to Dorking from High Wycombe...*
    Wondering if LIT is still stuck in a snowdrift on the M25 :)
    Also a day of the imperials, a shuttle and a flagship turned up all at once.
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,734
    edited February 2012
    Mine is
    In clinical depression because he didn't get any post today
    :o)
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    "NBA Basketball Minifig 2003 collection are now fave figs. But where are the NFL Football figs TLG?!?!"
    Wondering if LIT is still stuck in a snowdrift on the M25 :) </blockquote

Lol, that would be worrying, seeing as I don't drive!!
    edited February 2012
    I didn't win the lottery again.
    Dreaming of how much Lego I'd buy if I _did_ win the lottery and then thinking it's probably best that I dont. Good job the odds are 14 million to one (apparently).
  • littletokilittletoki Member Posts: 517
    ^ Been there and done that. And added to list of LEGO items is an assistant - one who will do some of the sorting, organizing and buying.

Can you imagine the job description for that?
  • richoricho Member Posts: 3,830
    on train back from working in central London today, reading the forum right now!

am wondering if my Italian imperial shuttle is on it's way...