Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• caperberrycaperberry LondonMember Posts: 2,226
    ^ £ or $?
  • dimefielddimefield Edmonton Alberta CanadaMember Posts: 314
    CA $..lol if it was quid id be in some trouble...lol
  • LegopantsLegopants GermanyMember Posts: 2,020
    Just about to open the VW Camper box and get building.
    Really looking forward to seeing it fully assembled in all its glory :-)
  • caperberrycaperberry LondonMember Posts: 2,226
    Returned home from my Sun promo hunter-gathering just in time for the postie to deliver a BrickLink package and my first Spongebob set! LEGO WIN DAY
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    WHSmiths much better than expected.
  • The_Brick_BuilderThe_Brick_Builder Member Posts: 658
    Built my Fire Brigade yesterday night. I stopped after 10 pieces as I was way too tired from the week!
  • dsdg88dsdg88 Member Posts: 133
    Stunned by my good luck:
    S6 was the first CMFs we'd collected but I just wasn't motivated to feel through a bunch of S7 bags even though my boys really wanted the Evil Knight and the Galaxy Patrol. While waiting for the order to be processed at the Lego store on the 16th I wandered over to check the CMF. I found a Knight in the first few bags I checked. But then checked the rest and no GP.
    Went to a Fred Meyer the next day and searched through three full boxes without success. Now I was beginning to wonder if they'd been picked over everywhere.
    So I went to another Fred Meyer yesterday where there seven mostly full boxes. I started with one from the back and within the first 10 bags found four GP! And two more as I kept searching that box for another Knight. I had a hard time limiting myself to taking home only two.
  • ktmoktmo Member Posts: 73
    Finally got my PAB order for mini Lego Store. Just finished putting it together. LOVE it.
  • princedravenprincedraven Essex, UKMember Posts: 3,768
    Happy Hammer!

(custom fig courtesy of @savage_steel )
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,734
    Just realised I recycled £50 of Smiths giftcards last Monday, bin emptied Wednesday :-(
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,912
    ^ That is unfortunate. You could of have spent those on the Sun newspaper.
    My TC-14 on back order finally arrived this afternoon.
  • MinifigsMeMinifigsMe Member Posts: 2,844
    I presume it was a good football day @princedraven?
  • Steve_J_OMSteve_J_OM Cork, IrelandMember Posts: 950
    Picked up the mini Batmobile - mercifully the only newspaper promo polybag I'm interested in! Also glad that Lego seemingly isn't quite as popular here as in the UK - I've never had to queue for one of these in any past promo |(nor has stock ever ran out on me) no matter what time of day I arrive.
  • stagusstagus Member Posts: 256
    Is off to a wedding and there will be some Lego in our gift! ;)
  • AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    Bought myself some friends today! Pffbt to my older sister who used to tell me I'd never have any friends. See how much she knows, she has to be nice to people th have friends. Us Lego fans can buy them!
  • SpaceCakeSpaceCake Member Posts: 291
    Annoyed - another order placed at Lego.com and still hasn't shipped after 48 hours, is this normal?
    48hrs?! I had to wait TEN DAYS for my order to ship during May the 4th. They're probably still running behind, even if it's just a day or two. Especially seeing as they released the Hulk minifig promo while they were still five working days behind schedule.

• BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    Victory! Cafe Corner is finished and she's a beauty =) Up next on the build table... Green Grocer.
  • princedravenprincedraven Essex, UKMember Posts: 3,768
    @savage_steel, West Ham won the play off finals which means they get promoted to the Premier League (top flight in the UK), they say that game is worth between £60-90 million to the winners!
  • andyscouseandyscouse Western MAMember Posts: 365
    Made a start on TH ... yay!
  • Brewer51Brewer51 Member Posts: 248
    @savage_steel, West Ham won the play off finals which means they get promoted to the Premier League (top flight in the UK), they say that game is worth between £60-90 million to the winners!
    That must make Ricardo Vaz Te the most valuable player on earth, right? :P
  • SpaceCakeSpaceCake Member Posts: 291
    Victory! Cafe Corner is finished and she's a beauty =) Up next on the build table... Green Grocer.
    Grats on your success! How long did it take to muster the pieces?
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    ^First purchase of parts was May 6th, so 14 days from beginning to end of everything and final bill of ~$300 for a 99% original CC.
    Congrats @princedraven :)
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,405
    Finishing building a suspended rail Lego train display in our Barber Shop.
  • jadedancjadedanc USAMember Posts: 1,303
    Sad :( Just finished tearing down my SSD that I just sold
    Yeah, that would not be good. I felt the same way about the first Star Destroyer. Now it just sits in a box.
    Need $ more than LEGOs. Gotta make my first visit with daughters in 6 mths and first vacation with them, the best it can be. :/ If it means sellin all LEGOs, XBox/Kinect then it will be done lol
    For sure man. The best for your children. Hopefully they will understand the sacrifices you made to make they're life better :)
    *their
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,935
    Dare I say it... a little bit sick of lego... or at least the money grabbing oportunists surrounding it (I enjoyed the hobby when it was that, a hobby).
  • andyscouseandyscouse Western MAMember Posts: 365
    So 1/3 of TH complete - a good build so far. Am already thinking of how to expand the TH once I get a 2nd set ... but building it in its original state first.
  • Si_UKNZSi_UKNZ NZMember Posts: 4,179
    ^^ Ahh, dont let it get to you. The good news is that it gets more people into Lego, and just some of those traders might remember the joy and become AFOLs. So its not all bad. Anyway its sunny, so who cares :)
  • tdhbrtdhbr Member Posts: 188
    Back from Lego Store ... LOTR in stock ... except that I surprised myself by deciding I think I like Monster Fighters better! Came home and already assembled Vampyre Hearse.
  • MCNwakeboardMCNwakeboard VirginiaMember Posts: 279
    Picked up the urak hai army set from the Lego store. Love the figures and can't wait for more
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,258
    Just finished sorting and inventorying all of the bricks and slopes in my loose LEGO collection. 4464 bricks bagged and tagged. On to the plates starting tomorrow.
  • dino_girldino_girl LondonMember Posts: 107
    I'm lego happy today
    1. ive got all sun promo so far
    2. after a good feel (of packets) i've completed cmf s6 and s7 !
    3. just ordered vw campervan!
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    I have come to the conclusion that someone out there is hoarding all the white 1x2x3 panels without side supports. Either that, or thousands of people are trying to piece together a CC.
  • martynmartyn Reading, UKMember Posts: 148
    ^If you live in Europe that is definately true. I went with the ones with side supports, may not be completely authentic, but looks good none the less.
    @martyn - It looks like that may be my only option. There are not even enough listed in the US right now to get the 20 I need.
    I have nice friends. I got given the yellow moleskine book today, just for being me. yay!
    @Savage_Steel that's awesome! I have been trying to keep my eye out for the black one but no luck so far. Guess I'll have to breakdown and order one online lol
  • stagusstagus Member Posts: 256
    ^I use the black one at work....it starts a few conversations!
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,520
    Loving the Sun Lego promotion.
  • dimefielddimefield Edmonton Alberta CanadaMember Posts: 314
    Finished second floor of Cafe Corner bricklink edition... sort of... only thing scarier than looking for a missing piece in a store bought Lego set is looking for missing pieces in a Bricklinked set. Missing two of the small arched windows...how did I miscount those? Substituted brown for now...grr
  • ErnstErnst Member Posts: 133
    Disassembled The Joust, the MMV and some other Castle sets standing on the windowsill to make place for some coming Pirates sets.
    Turns out that I'm going to have to buy a new Fire Brigade. When I opened the sealed box, I found out that all the bricks had deep scratches and dents. Gross! :(
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,912
    ^ Contact LEGO?
    Yeah, I would contact customer service. They'll probably have you send the defective copy in, but they seem to be very generous when it comes to quality control.
  • Steve_J_OMSteve_J_OM Cork, IrelandMember Posts: 950
    Looking forward to finally making room to display my SW polybags, I've wanted to open and build them for a while. In particular looking forward to displaying the mini Imperial Shuttle, Slave I, and AT-AT.

I managed to pick up the micro snowspeeder from the Advent calendar to display it with the mini AT-AT. I find it hard to judge the size of the walker from pictures, so I'm not sure if it'll work to scale - really hoping it does.