Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    ^What sails did you use?
  • Si_UKNZSi_UKNZ NZMember Posts: 4,179
    edited May 2012
    I have some spare QAR hull pieces if U want. I bought one cheap and just parted it out, dont need the hull.

Mine's a modern container ship, so a bit different (and a bit easier). Still sourcing some of the 5000 bricks I need for the containers, but the rest is done.
  • The_Brick_BuilderThe_Brick_Builder Member Posts: 658
    My package from Taiwan arrived. :)
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 3,156
    Just built my new Y-Wing. Quite big, despite the low piece count. Pity it doesn't look so good from below, as i've hung it from the ceiling to dogfight with the current new tie, while the current new X-Wing battles Darth's tie. Makes more shelf room for everything else.

Some May 4th orders that would appear to be in stock are being delayed because Lego ran out of posters (in the UK at least, probably same situation for Euro countries expecting English language poster) according to the nice lass I asked at Lego today.
  • aimlesspursuitsaimlesspursuits USMember Posts: 207
    ^^^ Not sure about the sails yet. Thinking about possibly buying the sails from a BP or making my own.

^^ I'm good on the hull pieces, it'll just be a smaller ship. Thanks! A smaller ship is good too as my brick collection will be pushed to the limit. Wow your ship sounds like it will be quite impressive.
  • caperberrycaperberry LondonMember Posts: 2,226
    Made an L-shaped handle out of Technic bricks and attached it to my smallworks 'lego compatible' iphone case. Now I don't even have to hold my iphone up in bed.
    ^hahaha good one @caperberry! Never even thought of using Lego for non-Lego related purposes before until now.
    ^My laziness spurs all kinds of creativity. ;O)
  • dimefielddimefield Edmonton Alberta CanadaMember Posts: 314
    Not enjoying the black on black instructions for the Bat Boat 7780 online!
    A bricklink order just arrived that's got marmite or something all over some of the bricks.
  • princedravenprincedraven Essex, UKMember Posts: 3,764
    Wondering if @caperberry is improving in awesomeness....
    A bricklink order just arrived that's got marmite or something all over some of the bricks.
    euw!

^^ LOL! George has been relegated to the bottom of the LEGO to-do pile. Maybe by the time I do all my other projects, I'll be awesome enough for the little drongo.
    ^ Actually thinking that my 5 year old will love that game, been searching around for a cheap copy on ebay or somewhere but no luck yet.
    ^^ Drongo - ha! Not heard that for a while! :)

My status today: wondering if I can use TLGs 'phone for bricks' and still get a hulk
    ^^ You're welcome to borrow mine!
  • MinifigsMeMinifigsMe Member Posts: 2,844
    Resisted life of george (I need to improve my awesomeness too) and stuck with the discounted mearsk ship for my hulk. First time I've been at a Lego store when there's been an offer on. No publicity for it at all, just on the calendar. Hmmm
  • AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    Turned out the CC and Market Street we bought on CL had a bunch of substituted pieces. Luckily we have a good amount of bulk and found most of the correct pieces there. A friend is providing even more of them. We're down to one piece we need for MS and can get it from bricklink. The best part was when we washed the last of the bulk we had bought a few weeks ago we found the whip we needed that makes half of the trim over the patio portion of MS.
  • SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member Posts: 4,027
    edited May 2012
    Thanks to Sav I also have a Maersk ship heading my way :-)

And thanks to Flump and some hard negotiation the instructions for 7662 arrived this morning.
    Where are the Maersk ships coming from? Hubby would give both eye teeth for one!
  • SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member Posts: 4,027
    ^ The Lego store in Brighton.
  • SpaceCakeSpaceCake Member Posts: 291
    My May the 4th order finally shipped within the last hour.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!
    ^^^ I have a spare, but its opened.
  • VenunderVenunder Grimsby, UK.Member Posts: 2,627
    My Town Hall ordered on the 5th has shipped from Denmark? :) :) :)
  • berniebondberniebond AustriaMember Posts: 137
    Ordered a DS finally. 342 € from amazon.es
    just in case it is (ever) discontinued.
    Was about to go to bed when I suddenly spent 3 hours and £70 on CrackLink.
    At long last, Cafe Corner! Toasted with the gf as the first tile hits the baseplate. So exciting!
    ^ Good for you! We just completed ours, with a few temporary substitutions!
    edited May 2012
    A box of s7 minifigs just arrived which I preordered months and months ago and thought had been cancelled. Where's it been all this time.

... And ooops! I've already got as many as I need!
  • ErnstErnst Member Posts: 133
    Taking apart some sets today for space, hoping to built some old Pirates sets the coming time.
  • The_Brick_BuilderThe_Brick_Builder Member Posts: 658
    Whats up with the smiley face avatars? ;)
    4 sets arrived today. I had a vision of my flat as a giant PAB cup that I'm trying to stack as effectively as possible
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    I like em. Also like that I can quote posts from the mobile version now. Must have been an upgrade.
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,917
    I like em. Also like that I can quote posts from the mobile version now. Must have been an upgrade.
    Yes! I've been waiting for that upgrade. Thanks for the heads up.
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    Well I see now there is a post covering the forum upgrade. I missed it at first because it didn't have the number of unread posts in the yellow style. Gotta get used to the new styling.
    Its 1:30 in the morning and i just put the top fin on my Imperial Shuttle...holy... this thing is huge! Just a few more pages and ill go to bed...
  • TheBrickLaddTheBrickLadd Chippenham, Wilts, UK.Member Posts: 844
    Annoyed - another order placed at Lego.com and still hasn't shipped after 48 hours, is this normal?
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    Seriously considering starting the process of sourcing a Cafe Corner. Am I going to regret this?
    edited May 2012
    ^Quite possibly @iccarus. I tried to start a few weeks ago and it was painful. But if you go about it in the right way, its not too bad. Just this week, I got it completed for ~$300 with almost all original & new parts (only substitution was the white panels for ones with side supports), but no instructions. Its okay to Bricklink Cafe Corner, but not worth it for Green Grocer which is better to just be bought complete. My only advice is if you're going to do it sooner or later, you should hurry before it becomes impossible.
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    @BrickDancer - did you go all through BL, or did you do some via PAB? I know some of the stuff is not available through PAB of course.
    Finally finished my first moc incorporating a little DUPLO. I think it's a Clinger Polpotron.
    edited May 2012
    @iccarus: I did some of it through Lego Replacement Program, for the Dark Red Slopes (~$15 for 36), the dark blue pieces (except arch, pillars, 1x4). Ebay for the White Windows and Panes (~$20 for 5). BL for rest, including both doors as new (~$30 for both) and Type 1 frames. The parrots costed a pretty penny (~$30 for 4). Hard to find was the inverted tan 33 degree 2x3 slope, for some reason.
  • andyscouseandyscouse Western MAMember Posts: 365
    Confirmed that I'll be a volunteer at the Grand Opening of the Peabody MA store next Saturday ... whoo hoo!
    Just finished groping a box of s7 CMFs.
    I feel dirty.
  • andyscouseandyscouse Western MAMember Posts: 365
    ^ Do they?
    The hippy seems generally pleased, but galaxy patrol looks none too impressed.
  • tdhbrtdhbr Member Posts: 188
    Filled a PaB cup today ... And they said LOTR will be in the store Monday!! Also busy on Bricklink for a cathedral MOC.
    ^^how about the bride?
    She was OK until she found out about the 2 other brides ;)
    Just totaled all my bricklink purchases from sourcing CC GG and MS.... 800. Done is done.. just glad i dont have to worry about getting the parts anymore. Used some of my own spare parts but generally im pretty happy with that number.