Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• chrisalddinchrisalddin UKMember Posts: 3,013
    Nice work, @chrisalddin! The inside corner really works well, and I love the projection room, the kiosk and all the posters inside!
    thanks for the nice comment.
    however. it look's like i may have to we work the build.
    mirror the build as it is now or maybe try for a 96x32 build.
    my table can only fit 80 studs wide on the part ware i was planning to place the build. with the added 16 on the side of the MOC, i am short 1 space (16x32) for my 1 of my house build from pet shop.

in other words it looks grate but i need to re think this all again :/

catwrangler
  • JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,271
    Hi @chrisalddin, very nice indeed! On first view, I would only reposition the outside lamp. It looks stuck in an awkward place right now. Otherwise, love it. :-)
    Hi @chrisalddin, very nice indeed! On first view, I would only reposition the outside lamp. It looks stuck in an awkward place right now. Otherwise, love it. :-)
    getting the outside path way to work was a pain in the ass.
    as i also had to use 2x2 tiles to help link the 2 32x32 base plates
  • JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,271
    @chrisalddin I believe you, but given that the 2x2 plate underneath the lamp is the same size as the 2x2 tiles, it shouldn't be difficult to reposition. I would remove the orphan wall on the RHS of the front and position it as symmetrically as possible in the corner. It just look a bit "in the way" where it is now.
    All that said, I wish that I had a few extra modulars to play with like you have done!
    Show us more!  :-)
    @chrisalddin I believe you, but given that the 2x2 plate underneath the lamp is the same size as the 2x2 tiles, it shouldn't be difficult to reposition. I would remove the orphan wall on the RHS of the front and position it as symmetrically as possible in the corner. It just look a bit "in the way" where it is now.
    All that said, I wish that I had a few extra modulars to play with like you have done!
    Show us more!  :-)
    the good news is that i have a MOC of pet shop planned.
    the orphan wall as you call it will not look out off place when a building go's next to it.

• catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,854
    It's the nature of the beast, isn't it? Build the thing, love the thing, and then go, "Wait a minute... I need to fix such-and-such..." :)
    chrisalddinSalamalex
    It's the nature of the beast, isn't it? Build the thing, love the thing, and then go, "Wait a minute... I need to fix such-and-such..." :)
    or you find out that it just not going to fit in the space you have with the layout you wish to use.
    catwranglerkiki180703
  • msandersmsanders Member Posts: 982
    I really like what you've done with the face of the PC forming the corner area. The side looks pretty blocky though and I wonder whether it would benefit from some windows blackened out for example, or ''fake" windows (I.e. From outside they look like windows but you cant see out of them). Much better cinema area and great ground floor area! 

Shame me you have to redo it though! 
  • KingAlanIKingAlanI Rochester, NYMember Posts: 2,070
    edited March 2016
    I often tweak MOC designs as I'm actually building them - is that what's going on here?

PS
    Amazon Warehouse Deals had a set I wanted but it was gone before I could deposit the money to fund the payment. (not the first time that's slowed down my LEGO shopping)
    A few bucks cheaper than regular marketplace but I would've needed to buy a $10 set to get free shipping.
  • xwingpilotxwingpilot UKMember Posts: 797
    200 likes! How did that happen?

Not quite as many likes as posts though, so must try harder ;-)

Oh, and buy more LEGO :-)
    samiam391Pitfall69SumoLegokiki180703

Oh, and buy more LEGO :-)
    You can NEVER have Enough Lego
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,412
    ^Awesome!!!! Congrats!!!
    bandit778Lego_Starthebeermonkeykiki180703
  • Lego_StarLego_Star ... in a galaxy far, far away.Member Posts: 2,147
    ^^ Congratulations @thebeermonkey!
    bandit778thebeermonkeykiki180703
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 3,001
    ^^^ Great @thebeermonkey and good use of the new CMF baby, just on time :)
    Congrats to you and your wife!
    bandit778thebeermonkeyLego_Starkiki180703
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,156
    @thebeermonkey
    Congratulations to you and the missus, no excuse for not building now as you are going to be up most of the night anyway. 
    ;)
    thebeermonkeyJenniKingAlanILego_Starkiki180703
  • flordflord CanadaMember Posts: 743
    Pitfall69 said:
    Just finished making decals for my Palace Cinema. Not the greatest, but they will do :) I think one of the sheets I used was faulty. I am just going to reprint Episodes 1-3.
    Are these available somewhere as a PDF? Did you make them on your own? I would love a copy for mine.
    ^I am sure you can find them somewhere all together on a .pdf file, but mine are jpegs. I find it easier for me to play around with them in photoshop. The Force Awakens poster I had to Google and it doesn't have the same dimensions as the other posters, so I had to do some tweaking. 
    I reprinted Ep. 1-3. Much better result. Definitely some faultly paper.
    snowhitiebandit778BuriedinBricksLegoboyLego_StarSumoLegoGothamConstructionCopiratemania7kiki180703
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,240
    ^ And to think I was going to run my free giveaway posters through my Wonka-vision.
    Pitfall69snowhitiechuckpkiki180703
    Just finished bag(s) 5 from #75059, have really enjoyed the build so far (might flag a little bit when I get to bag(s) 7with all those tank tracks). I know a lot of people complain about it just being a big brown box but from a building point of view this has been really enjoyable so far.
    VortexKingAlanIcatwranglerkiki180703
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366
    Mighty Micros are much more fun than I thought. Son #1 and wife loved the Marvel ones. Now, to build the DC ones. 
    bandit778Pitfall69chuckpkiki180703
    @thebeermonkey unfortunately the cost of minifigures has gone way up. :)
    @bandit778 I've never built a set that big, but I have sometimes finished a bag but stop before opening the next one.

2 days ago, I accepted a job offer, one I really wanted. I have to take care of regular stuff like groceries, but this does give me more of a LEGO budget, or make me feel better about what I want to buy anyway.
    KingAlanI said:
    PS
    Amazon Warehouse Deals had a set I wanted but it was gone before I could deposit the money to fund the payment. (not the first time that's slowed down my LEGO shopping)
    A few bucks cheaper than regular marketplace but I would've needed to buy a $10 set to get free shipping.
    AWD had it after all. Maybe I misread something, maybe there was a cancellation/restock. Bought while I still had the chance.
    catwranglerthebeermonkeykiki180703
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,641
    Surfing the [email protected] site to decide what to buy before double VIP ends. Never got round to treating myself to something for my birthday day. Torn between another modular, the F40, maybe the Temple of Airjutzu, Mystery Mansion and about half a dozen other sets!

Pitfall69snowhitiecatwranglerkiki180703
  • SamJSamJ West Yorkshire, UK Member Posts: 118
    I'm still deciding on what to get before the double VIP ends too. I haven't purchased anything in a while since the other half started a lego ban until we've been on holiday in a few weeks! Sometimes I wonder if it'll be easier being single.. 

I think I'll order an F40. 
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,489
    I would be upset if I lost pieces on the mount everest, so I wouldn't take legos.
    Salamalexsnowhitiekiki180703
    I am oddly relaxed,
    I usually find building sets relaxing and a great way to unwind under normal circumstances but found putting the 300 odd pieces of tank track from the Sandcrawler together strangely therapeutic. 
    catwranglerkiki180703
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,854
    Had my neighbour in for coffee and due to her surprise arrival we were in the living room (Lego everywhere), so I found myself explaining it as my de-stressing hobby...
    Bumblepantstallblocktoobrickedinkiki180703
    I check LEGO aisles out of habit and sometimes actually find something different. Wegmans (local supermarket chain) had most of a Series 15 box. Got me thinking about CMF's again. Maybe I'll get Clumsy Guy for my hospital MOC, and Frightening Knight for one of my medieval projects. The others I don't specifically want, I'd just sort them with similar subject matter.
    Had my neighbour in for coffee and due to her surprise arrival we were in the living room (Lego everywhere), so I found myself explaining it as my de-stressing hobby...
    I thought this story was going to go somewhere. Yes, I need help :0
    SumoLegocatwranglertecjamkiki180703
    edited March 2016
    ... and that's why I have a 1x1 translucent orange piece stuck in my shoulder.  The End.

@Pitfall69 - you can 'Mad Lib' the middle part of the story to your own liking.

(I've been binge-watching Daredevil S2.  What time is it?)
    Pitfall69catwranglerkiki180703
    ^ Time for another episode? ;o)
    SumoLegokiki180703
  • Legopassion8Legopassion8 North CarolinaMember Posts: 1,181
    Went to Lego store to celebrate birthday. Came out with the beast set. My wife got the Lego ideas Ecto-1 and has already put it together at work. Er...I'm actually kinda surprised at how fast she threw it together. I hope  she's not a witch! Oh...and the new Harley Quinn is going in that cake. Cheers!

GothamConstructionCotallblocktoocatwranglerPitfall69kiki180703
    edited March 2016
    Lego_Star said:
    ^ Time for another episode? ;o)
    Yes - excellent idea.  Elektra just arrived.
    Came out with the beast set.
    It is a beast, indeed!
    Lego_Starkiki180703
    ^ I really ought to get Netflix.
    SumoLegoPitfall69kiki180703
    edited March 2016
    ^ If you're a fan of a more gritty superhero world, the DD/Jessica Jones shows are superb and well worth joining for 30 days to watch.

(House of Cards and Making a Murderer are pretty good.  Marco Polo was worth a watch as well.  I will not comment on Fuller House.)
    Lego_Starkiki180703
    edited March 2016

SumoLego said:
    ^ If you're a fan of a more gritty superhero world, the DD/Jessica Jones shows are superb and well worth joining for 30 days to watch.
    That sounds like a good suggestion to me. Cheers @SumoLego!
    SumoLegokiki180703
  • legonut80legonut80 UKMember Posts: 314
    I had a dream last night where we moved into a bigger house, there was a huge loft room with laminate flooring and I said if some of the children shared rooms still that we could have a Lego room..... I then woke up 
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,664
    edited March 2016
    I just placed 14 orders on Bricklink costing over £300 and over 3000 parts for my LEGO Brand Store and a couple of other MOC's. I do think I ordered a little extra as it's hard to keep track of my parts collection but no harm done; I can just resell them or use them in other MOC's. I spent over £200 in one store! :)

The deed is done; now we wait for results...
    Adzbadboy said:
    I just placed 14 orders on Bricklink costing over £300 and over 3000 parts for my LEGO Brand Store and a couple of other MOC's. I do think I ordered a little extra as it's hard to keep track of my parts collection but no harm done; I can just resell them or use them in other MOC's. I spent over £200 in one store! :)

i am going to need images. lots and lots of images :)
    MOC of Lego stores always get my interest. 
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,531
    I'm thinking about giving up my day job, so that I can afford more Lego. 

I just watched a beggar earn £3 in 5 minutes, £36/hour TAX FREE.
    and this was in a fairly average neighbourhood of Nottingham.
    The guy was hardly even trying, he was even wearing motorbike boots and a leatherjacket. 
    Pitfall69kiki180703
  • bendybadgerbendybadger 127.0.0.1 ::1Member Posts: 1,141
    Started on my Arvo Alien only to find I am missing some parts from all my bricklink orders, will head to town now to buy a set that has the parts I need.  The AT-DP microfighters series 3 has the pieces I need and I will replace them later.  I thought I had been so organised with this project too and patient as well but my patience is running out now and cannot stop now. So off I head out now
    Legoboykiki180703
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,664
    edited March 2016
    Adzbadboy said:

i am going to need images. lots and lots of images :)
    MOC of Lego stores always get my interest. 
    Sure, I plan to post the final pictures around August, although I also mentioned it would be done by last Christmas; it's been an extremely hard project considering the size and scale of the project as a whole. As much as I'd like to show you I'll rather build up the hype and anticipation. The exterior will notably be different to ones found in existing LEGO Brand Store MOC's however the interior will be replicating the the real LEGO Brand Stores detail for detail; whilst fitting into the style and context of the unique exterior.

Work in progress pictures can be publicly found on my Flickr:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/albums/72157646319243991
    Pitfall69chrisalddinGothamConstructionCokiki180703
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 3,001
    ^that was a sympathy like, good luck with the surgery for your dog!
  • mr.pigglesmr.piggles Snow FortMember Posts: 326
    Thanks, he's quite the dog. I adopted him as a senior dog about a year ago and his maladies keep me on my toes. I secretly think he just gets weird sicknesses so he can see the lovely people up at the vet office. jk 
  • bendybadgerbendybadger 127.0.0.1 ::1Member Posts: 1,141
    Hope you dog recovers well. I agree Barks before Bricks everyday :)
    mr.piggleskiki180703
  • Legopassion8Legopassion8 North CarolinaMember Posts: 1,181
    edited March 2016
    SumoLego said:

(House of Cards and Making a Murderer are pretty good.  Marco Polo was worth a watch as well.  I will not comment on Fuller House.)
    What did you think of the new Pee Wee Herman film? Fuller House is gold :)

(I will not comment on Jessica Jones or more importantly, The Purple Man. That role is definitely not the Doctor. Heh)