Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• KingAlanIKingAlanI Rochester, NYMember Posts: 1,984
    #7200 is the smallest set with a Vader minifig.
  • RecceRecce Tiny Little Red DotMember Posts: 918
    Recce said:
    I have always been wondering, who actually coined the term AFOL?
    There was a thread about this many moons ago, preceding a blog post about the same topic by @BooTheMightyHamster (link in the thread):

http://bricksetforum.com/discussion/18043
    Thanks for the link.

Following on a similar way to how AFOL is used, my own creation would then have become Own Creation Of Mine (OCOM).

So I think ALF goes with MOC and AFOL goes with OCOM. :)
  • chrisalddinchrisalddin UKMember Posts: 3,007
    VorpalRyu said:
    @Recce, no this is an ALF (Alien Life Form), they used to eat cats, I think the last one died around the early nineties...

ooh the memory's.
    from what i remember that was an ok'iss show.
    probably, it would not stand up to today's standards.
    i have not seen it in years and years.
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,813
    Gordon Shumway?
    Pitfall69ricecakeYodaliciousxiahnaVorpalRyukiki180703
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,935
    edited February 2016
    Recovering from spinal surgery, so having to rest even more than before the operation, I am looking with envy at my son who is building his new friends airport set. Is it wrong to be so jealous of your child? At least I've got some NY toyfair news to read... And we live in hour the surgery will give me more Lego building opportunities in the future ;)
    LostInTranslationBrikingSumoLegoMrGudzbandit778kiki180703
  • legonut80legonut80 UKMember Posts: 314
    Having a Lego weekend with the children, watching the Lego Movie then building later, then tomorrow maybe play on the wii u, Lego dimensions or more likely Lego city undercover game.
    tallblocktooLostInTranslationkiki180703
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,549
    edited February 2016
    @snowhitie -  I really hope the surgery was a success for you. Wishing you all the best.  
    I've got to get myself in gear and do some reviews this weekend so hopefully there will some more interesting things for you to read next week :-) 
    snowhitieJennikiki180703
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,935
    edited February 2016
    @LostInTranslation thanks!  the surgery did go very well and I'm back home now so all the strenuous stuff is done. I hope you are totally recovered from your flu and I look forward to those reviews! 
    Jennikiki180703catwrangler
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,938
    Just completed bags "7" on the GBHQ, it is just over half done, and i'm missing a single 2x4 DBG tile that helps form the top skin of the 1st floor ceiling. 100% not there, but I did get a bigger "spare" than normal, a single small window frame in addition to the usual selection of tiny bits. Anyone else missing this piece?
  • BrikingBriking Dorset, UKMember Posts: 751
    ^ Can't recall missing anything. Nor gaining a window frame.
  • MrGudzMrGudz U.KMember Posts: 196
    Received my first Bricklink order for the year. Hoping to get back on track with my display for Steam later this year.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,257
    Just saw Megabloks is coming out with a Destiny line. As much as I love Destiny I don't want to be consumed by the darkness that is off-brand building kits. Just need to start working on some MOCs of my own.
    Worked on the checkerboard I already made. Rearranged the 4x4 plates so the word LEGO on the studs was pointing the same way.
    Got out 2x2's to use as checkers. Found a blue MegaBlok. Picked out my brightest white LEGO.
    Played a game against myself. Individual bricks can be picked up and set down fairly easily, stacks of 2 very much so.
    Now on to chess pieces. I may make abstract models rather than use minifigures.
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,092
    Quite satisfied today, picked up 8 series 15 minifigs, wanted all that I picked up and got 2 spare shark suit guys. Now only need the faun, the janitor and the ballerina.
  • Lego_StarLego_Star ... in a galaxy far, far away.Member Posts: 2,147
    More of a brickset status this one. Delighted to see the "in this conversation?" list is back in pm's. That should make it sooooo much easier for multiple recipient pm's. Yay! :o)
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,405
    bandit778 said:
    Quite satisfied today, picked up 8 series 15 minifigs, wanted all that I picked up and got 2 spare shark suit guys. Now only need the faun, the janitor and the ballerina.
    A Faun, a Janitor and a Ballerina walk into a bar...
    bandit778Bumblepantsricecakekiki180703SumoLego
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,092
    ^ can't wait to hear the punch line.
    :)
    VorpalRyuPitfall69kiki180703
  • truck730truck730 Member Posts: 261
    had a good feel of a box of minifigs ,searched a whole box -this AFOL felt silly, didnt find the queen, farmer and animal control were easy , the shop people let me go on another box ,got her in 4.  im not into completing lines or series so im tapped out 
  • SirBenSirBen In the Hall of the Mountain KingMember Posts: 565
    Take a look at #852676 I recently found it at a thrift store and picked it up for the baseplates. However as a fan of the Lego games I've not yet parted it out and currently stored it with my other games. I like the mix of pieces it uses for chess and thought it might give you an idea of where to begin.
    SirBen said:
    Take a look at #852676 I recently found it at a thrift store and picked it up for the baseplates. However as a fan of the Lego games I've not yet parted it out and currently stored it with my other games. I like the mix of pieces it uses for chess and thought it might give you an idea of where to begin.
    Seems like a good idea but I can't find instructions. Also, that's more minimalist than I need to go.
    Also looking through my currency collection for stuff I can spend
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366
    My son discovered Ninjago is also a show. He insisted we start from the beginning. So we did. And that has been our weekend. 
    Status No. 2 would be me wondering when CMF Series 15 will come to my area. I usually see them early around here, but nothing yet. 
  • JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,165
    Status No. 2 would be me wondering when CMF Series 15 will come to my area. I usually see them early around here, but nothing yet. 
    I'm not sure TLG has outlets or distributors on Dagobah yet... It's a bit off the beaten track, you know... Swampy as well; the delivery trucks sink and there's not often a Jedi around to pull them out of the murky water... Sorry!

;-)
    YodaliciousKingAlanIkiki180703
    ^ True, but I know a delivery guy that owns an X-Wing. He never has trouble getting here. Only leaving. 
    JudgeChuckKingAlanIkiki180703
  • LegopantsLegopants GermanyMember Posts: 2,020
    Not really a "today" status coz I did it last weekend:
    Wall-mounted a second cabinet in the man-cave to accommodate my CMF collection. Each cabinet holds 16 sets, so I'll need to find a different solution in a couple of years time :-S

tallblocktooBumblepantsGothamConstructionCosnowhitiePitfall69Lego_Starkiki180703
    edited February 2016
    VorpalRyu said:
    Valentine's Day presents from @xiahna, Grand Emporium is official mine. :D

what is that in the shot!
    Shampoo?
    SumoLego
  • tallblocktootallblocktoo CanadaMember Posts: 497
    @VorpalRyu and @xiahna must be lots of fun to have passion for the same hobby!  Great set would love to own it as well! 
    YodaliciousxiahnaVorpalRyukiki180703
    @VorpalRyu and @xiahna must be lots of fun to have passion for the same hobby!  Great set would love to own it as well! 
    i like to own it to. but i dont think it in the cards for me.
    no girlfriend who is a fan of lego, who will buy it for me.
    well no girlfriend at all. :p
    xiahna said:
    Nope, it's body wash that smells like apple pie. Really wish they still made it. But i went on a search and boom, someone who had one bottle left! Hazzah!! What I got besides dinner and a movie (Which would have been enough to be honest. A date night without kids was more than I'd hoped for!) He has won MAJOR brownie points for a while :D

nice. your both lucky to have each other.
    wish i had both of them but if i had to pick one over the other i would say the town hall.
    xiahna
  • tallblocktootallblocktoo CanadaMember Posts: 497
    Now you will have a romantic date night of building sometime!  Enjoy!  But now I am curious I haven't been around the forum long enough did you both always love Lego or did one convert the other?
    Started working on chess pieces, and sorted some of my stockpile in the process. Will look for a few parts that are better color matches.
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,322
    xiahna said:
    VorpalRyu said:

Shampoo?
    Nope, it's body wash that smells like apple pie. Really wish they still made it. But i went on a search and boom, someone who had one bottle left! Hazzah!! What I got besides dinner and a movie (Which would have been enough to be honest. A date night without kids was more than I'd hoped for!) He has won MAJOR brownie points for a while :D

Can I be the third wheel to your all's relationship?
    Pitfall69VorpalRyuxiahnakiki180703piratemania7
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,500
    Went to Milestones Museum in Basingstoke today to see this years LEGO event. It runs for two months. This year is themed towards Knights and medieval times and called Quest for the Brick Kingdom. Not as many display pieces as previous years, but with my daughter now 5½yrs old she got involved more in the big build and the mosaic. Got a few photos which I'll stick in a new thread. But here's one to be going on with.

xiahnakiki180703catwrangler
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,283
    ^ One for your dragon collection @TheOneVeyronian :o)
    JenniLego_Starkiki180703TheOneVeyronian
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,500
    edited February 2016
    They'll need a shelf about 10ft tall!

samiam391 said: can I be the third wheel to your all's relationship?
    "Your all's"? That is a new one to me. Is that a Kentucky thing?
    VorpalRyukiki180703SumoLego
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,322
    samiam391 said: can I be the third wheel to your all's relationship?
    "Your all's"? That is a new one to me. Is that a Kentucky thing?
    I was going to say "yall's", then I thought that was too "Kentucky". So I wrote it out in its entirety to fix that... but apparently I was wrong.
    Pitfall69ricecakeVorpalRyusnowhitiexiahnakiki180703SumoLego
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    Had a great turnout at our LUG meeting, despite some snow making the roads a little slick. The oddest thing happened though. Midway through the meeting, a random guy comes in with a taped up box for #7097 that he wants to donate to the group. He then proceeds to hand it over to me, takes a look at a few of the MOCs members brought, and then left.

We cracked open the box. Several parts of the fortress were there, along with some odds and ends from other sets. We weeded out the various megablocks, plastic army men, random action figure parts, and a couple of batteries...but still a good haul of stuff that members got to divide up among themselves. Thank you random guy with free box of LEGO!
    BumblepantssnowhitieMattsWhatxiahnakiki180703catwrangler
    Just saw Megabloks is coming out with a Destiny line. As much as I love Destiny I don't want to be consumed by the darkness that is off-brand building kits. Just need to start working on some MOCs of my own.
    I've thought of building LEGO versions of knockoff brand sets. Is that your idea?
    KingAlanI said:
    I've thought of building LEGO versions of knockoff brand sets. Is that your idea?
    I don't really have an idea at this point. I have made a few attempts at doing some landscape of Venus. If Mega puts instructions online I might look through them just to get ideas for building them in Lego.
    xiahnakiki180703KingAlanI
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,939
    Made my first-ever Bricklink order today - I tried to make one at Christmas but I just got obscure error messages. A CMF Astronaut to go with my 2014 [email protected] Classic Spaceman and another certain CMF for my housemate who is very fond of his shark onesie...
    bandit778Jennichrisalddintallblocktoocatwranglerricecake
  • xiahnaxiahna Member Posts: 156
    samiam391 said:
    xiahna said:
    VorpalRyu said:

Shampoo?

Can I be the third wheel to your all's relationship?
    I know the body wash smells good, but that's a huge commitment considering I can't get any more lol ;)
    tallblocktooVorpalRyu
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,939
    edited February 2016
    Also - and I'm not sure how I never noticed this before - but I just discovered that @MinifigsMe does Lego Kerbals! Brilliant!
    cheshirecat
  • TheOneVeyronianTheOneVeyronian Help me, I'm inside the M25! (UK)Member Posts: 1,360
    @CapnRex101 And where do you suppose I would put that monstrosity of a dragon in my bedroom/LEGO room? ;o) Well I suppose I could do without a bed.

And if I got that, I think I'd also need to get the dragon models found in LEGOLAND Windsor to go with it:

Sigh, a LEGO dragon fan's collection will never be complete it seems ;o)
    bandit778kiki180703catwranglerLego_Star