Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    Packing up Helms Deep to make room for the Tumbler, which I'm finally going to make myself build now that it's retired. :)
    GothamConstructionCokiki180703
  • LegoTTLegoTT Member Posts: 483
    Finished the first story of the Brick Bank after clearance hunting at a couple of Targets today. Good build so far!  One of my favorite exteriors to date. 
  • brumeybrumey AustriaMember Posts: 1,002
    made the biggest bricklink haul ever with my paypal funds from selling bionicle and 90ies space!

now just waiting to get invoiced
  • MattsWhatMattsWhat Studley, UKMember Posts: 1,643
    snowhitie said:
    I finished up sorting my instructions. I had them in plastic folders in ringbinders, lying flat but it was a hassle to find them. Invested some money in boxes and hanging folders (after a lot of debate because obviously that is money that could be spend on Lego) but happy with the result. Now it's easy to find something again. The polybag instructions are still in a ringbinder, otherwise it would become a bit cluttered. Might still colour-code them.

Very happy now!
    That is epic.
    But I also get a chance to ask my favourite unanswered question - where do you keep your #10188 instructions? (For the record the one answer I did get of storing it protected by #10179 doesn't really count!)
  • masterX244masterX244 GermanyMember Posts: 530
    wish they would have used a box like the #10221 box used for the instruction.... that makes storing those large ones easier...
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,701
    My instructions for #10188 are in the box, in the attic.
    never go bricklink shopping on sunday in the morning without sleep after having 8 beer.

well. atleast i have col11 welder now  :)
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 3,054
    edited January 2016
    @MattsWhat regrettably I do not own the DS. My husband won't let me buy it.... But I guess that saves me from a problem on how to store it.... I'll look the bright side then ;) what are the dimensions of the instructions and I'll have a think if I can suggest something....

I did finally decide on the final way of storing minifigs. Ribba- frame is not an option seeing as I want to be able to get the mini figures out so my son and I can play with it.

I've got a couple of the official minifigure boxes from Lego, but it would become very expensive to to put everything in there, also we don't have enough wall-space to hang them all up.  Moreover, I find it annoying to put certain figures in there like the serpentine from Ninjago or General Grievous from Star Wars. Also this way everybody can be in that with all these weapons without any problems.

Some of them were already organised on baseplates in samla-boxes (IKEA) together with sets but now we've been able to find boxes that fit them almost perfectly and you can see through them.... Easily stackable and they keep the dust off!  We managed to clear out the shelf though... I know what I'll be doing tomorrow, fingers crossed I have enough baseplates.

This is as far as I got for now... See
    tallblocktooYodaliciousbandit778kiki180703catwranglerhkcrazy88
    ^ @snowhitie A3 paper format should be familiar to you, and 125 sheets of that stacked with a ring binder.....
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 3,054
    @masterX244 waw, that is big! They do have plastic storage boxes in arts stores, or nice wooden ones like this...  http://www.officeworks.com.au/shop/officeworks/p/x-a3-storage-box-light-oak-x14p200237

But it does seem silly to spend more money on an already expensive set but if you want to keep the stuff pristine ..

Just finished the Brick Bank. Honestly, I'm disappointed. The Detective's Office felt small, but the interior details were stellar- pool table, great office, the ceiling fan...

The Brick Bank felt small and had a neat chandelier, but that was about it. The roof was great, but it just felt...underwhelming. Ah well, maybe next year...

tallblocktookiki180703Rsa33hkcrazy88
  • Maniac4BricksManiac4Bricks Member Posts: 9
    Currently I have nothing else to build, but a lot of LEGO to pack before I move. I did clean a room of LEGO yesterday :)
  • TheOneVeyronianTheOneVeyronian Help me, I'm inside the M25! (UK)Member Posts: 1,372
    A bit depressed because I haven't heard from most of my LEGO-inclined friends for a while even though they're normally about every single day...

... but a chance trip to Tesco today saw me get #70312 Lance's Mecha Horse for £8. No that's not a typo! The price on the shelf for the set was accidentally marked at £8 (should have been £18), and the Tesco staff honoured it.

I seem to be having quite the luck with finding brand new sets wrongly priced and being able to get them this year...
    snowhitietallblocktookiki180703catwrangler
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,890
    Back to MOCing at last! :D I sat down with The Lego Ideas Book for inspiration and did some microbuilds using bricks from the Rescue Robot set. Very soothing. 
    Jennisnowhitiekiki180703
  • chrisalddinchrisalddin UKMember Posts: 3,022
    so my lego status, is changing my mind on what i going to get over the next 6 months.

the creator sub theme of fairground has been dropped (i may change my mind again on this) the three main points for dropping them from my list are. 1, found out about the Grand Carousell set (the sub theme would be incomplete.) 2, Ferris Wheel is to big. i have no ware to display it. and a set like that call's out to be displayed. 3, and to get Mixer with out Ferris Wheel would leave it all by it self. ware it is a very nice set. if i wish to think about getting any other big set's that come out in 2016 i have to limit my big buy's. now this is not to say i may not get them later (if Mixer don't retire 1st. i think it's retirement is getting close.) but as it stands at this time i will admirer them from afar. (in other words view them on youtube)

the other theme i am dropping at this time is Scooby Doo. yes the theme has some nice set's but after looking at the videos for all 5 set's i can not help but feel my money would be better spent on other set's. the inside of the two bigger building's are small. like Micro small. hell even the Pet Shop has more ground space to stand in (and 4 walls). if i going to get the theme, then i would wish to get all of it.
    i may pick up the Mystery Machine at some point (like if i spot it on amazon for a good price).  for now it off the main list of stuff i will buy.

in all the changes see me getting Ghostbuster Firehouse HQ sooner then my older plan. week's and not months away.
    as well as having all the Modular Buildings that lego [email protected] have for sale by August. i know i will never have all the Modular Buildings but i will have enough of them to make a Dam nice display of them, as well as some MOC Modular Buildings that i am planing to do.
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,444
    LegoTT said:
    Just finished the Brick Bank. Honestly, I'm disappointed. The Detective's Office felt small, but the interior details were stellar- pool table, great office, the ceiling fan...

The Brick Bank felt small and had a neat chandelier, but that was about it. The roof was great, but it just felt...underwhelming. Ah well, maybe next year...

I see what you mean, but you got it right next to the Town Hall. Many people are buying another one to at least make another floor; then it will look more impressive. 
    Pitfall69 said:
    LegoTT said:

I see what you mean, but you got it right next to the Town Hall. Many people are buying another one to at least make another floor; then it will look more impressive. 
    well dam, why did i not think of that,
    that's a dam good idea.
    right add 1 brick bank to my wish list.

any more ideas (like that one) for the Modular Buildings that you can buy from lego at this time?
  • Jern92Jern92 MalaysiaMember Posts: 845
    Pitfall69 said:
    that's a dam good idea.

any more ideas (like that one) for the Modular Buildings that you can buy from lego at this time?
    You know that all the modular buildings are stackable right? So you can buy 5 Parisian Restaurants or 7 Palace Cinemas and just keep stacking the first floors, one on top of the other.
    Jern92 said:
    Pitfall69 said:
    that's a dam good idea.

You know that all the modular buildings are stackable right? So you can buy 5 Parisian Restaurants or 7 Palace Cinemas and just keep stacking the first floors, one on top of the other.
    why would you do that with Palace Cinema its not that good a model. (go's off to look at the model again)
    hmmm ok maybe 2 of the Palace Cinema would look a little better then one model..

and i looked closer at Parisian Restaurant, could be done, whoever lived in the 2nd flat would have to own the art room to.
    snowhitie said:
    @masterX244 waw, that is big! They do have plastic storage boxes in arts stores, or nice wooden ones like this...  http://www.officeworks.com.au/shop/officeworks/p/x-a3-storage-box-light-oak-x14p200237

But it does seem silly to spend more money on an already expensive set but if you want to keep the stuff pristine ..

currently i keep the manual inside the set's box (works since i left the inner boxes in, too since i tend to use spare boxes as storage for stuff) its a bit annoying when you need the manual for some reason (like when you need to check how something was built inside when trying to change something). the #10221 manual is way easier to grab due to its box which allowed me to store it in a wide enough gap between some other boxes
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,444
    edited January 2016
    ^Why couldn't you just download the instructions and use the .pdf? I know people find it hard to build a model from a tablet, but if you are just trying to see how something was built, you can just do that instead of pulling manuals from boxes.
    @Pitfall69 you're absolutely right- the display cabinet I am using doesn't have any shelves tall enough to fit the Town Hall, so it has to stay up top. I've got the Palace Cinema and Pet Shop in the case below. A second floor to the bank would do wonders, I think.

Alex Nunes on YouTube mirror built his, by the way. A bit unrelated, but for those interested you should check it out. Worked for his (huge) city layout. 
  • JetWing34JetWing34 Michigan, USAMember Posts: 38
    Looks like I've completed #76025 (Green Lantern vs Sinestro). All in the bag, all ready to be stored in a safe place, I'm already looking for a safe place to donate the Lego set.

In other news, I will try to watch a video of someone building my next set in which I'll build. Not sure if #75915 (Pteranodon Capture) or #70733 (Blaster Bike) will be the next set to build. Just watch the video, and I'll hopefully master the set.
    LegoTT said:

Alex Nunes on YouTube mirror built his, by the way. A bit unrelated, but for those interested you should check it out. Worked for his (huge) city layout. 
    watched that just today.
    that city layout looked cool.
    wish i could do that.
    will have to live with the 1/5th sized space i have (if that) and go with the taller is better.
    maybe get 2 of each one and makes a Moc or two from the leftover levels.
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,697
    edited January 2016
    Bull****! Today and yesterday I have been going to most of the larger stores such as Tesco, Asda and Sainsburys but no luck to find good deals and when I did once, nothing was left...

Cough Cough...anyone have #75104 Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle and #75102 Poe's X-wing Fighter close to the Tesco sale prices? PM me.

Adzbadboy said:
    Bull****! Today and yesterday I have been going to most of the larger stores such as Tesco, Asda and Sainsburys but no luck to find good deals and when I did once, nothing was left...

Cough Cough...anyone have #75104 Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle and #75102 Poe's X-wing Fighter close to the Tesco sale prices? PM me.

WOW that Sainsburys has more stock then my local one do.
    and it got the same sized space devoted to Lego as in this picture 
    JetWing34 said:
    Looks like I've completed #76025 (Green Lantern vs Sinestro). All in the bag, all ready to be stored in a safe place, I'm already looking for a safe place to donate the Lego set.

In other news, I will try to watch a video of someone building my next set in which I'll build. Not sure if #75915 (Pteranodon Capture) or #70733 (Blaster Bike) will be the next set to build. Just watch the video, and I'll hopefully master the set.

How do you master a lego set?
    @Pitfall69 got no tablet, ususally the manuals that i expect to need a few times are easy to reach for me.
  • dragon114dragon114 United StatesMember Posts: 640
    dispointed in amazon for delaying my ghostbuster level pack today till mid febuary
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    That'll be all of us across the pond preordering from Amazon us. Sorry!
    Pitfall69kiki180703
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
    Pitfall69 said:
    Of course it will. But then it will have cost $140 more than the Town Hall and will still look smaller.
    Pitfall69kiki180703
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366
    dragon114 said:
    dispointed in amazon for delaying my ghostbuster level pack today till mid febuary

Just happened to me with Cyberman. An entire month or longer delay. Crazy.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 7,005
    ^Same.
    BuriedinBrickskiki180703
  • dragon114dragon114 United StatesMember Posts: 640
    atleast i got the fun packs coming
  • shotgunchipmunkshotgunchipmunk USMember Posts: 74
    Today I discovered that 75109 Obi-Wan fits rather nicely on the 42036 Technic street bike  :)
    Legoboy
    Today I discovered that 75109 Obi-Wan fits rather nicely on the 42036 Technic street bike  :)
    you got bored didn't you?
    The day after getting a delayed by a month shipment email from Amazon regarding my Dimensions orders, I get one saying they've shipped and will be here tomorrow. SMH. 
    Bumblepantskiki180703
    its that time of the month!
    all my  11 bricklink orders have now status: "SHIPPED"

looking forward!
  • RebelegoRebelego Georgia, USAMember Posts: 171
    I finished reorganizing my Bricklink store. I like the setup a lot better!

SirBenkiki180703ricecakehkcrazy88
  • legomentallegomental UkMember Posts: 346
    Adzbadboy said:

Think you must be local to me as that looks exactly like the Sainsburys near us
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,697
    Adzbadboy said:

legomental That was Sainsburys near the Crooked Billet roundabout.
  • shotgunchipmunkshotgunchipmunk USMember Posts: 74
    you got bored didn't you?
    Yes, yes I did.
  • madejp86madejp86 IllinoisMember Posts: 282
    Just finished cleaning the used palace cinema that I got. I have my old Legos from when I was young inbound. Not looking forward to cleaning those, that will take at least 2 weeks if not longer
    edited January 2016
    Adzbadboy said:

Seriously!? My local store has aisles with goods placed on them too, we don't all live close do we? ;)
  • jadedancjadedanc USAMember Posts: 1,303
    edited January 2016
    Very very poor right now. My bank acct got hacked and took all of my SSI I just got. Started a gofundsite to try and get money to pay my bills. :( they are investigating at the bank but bill don't want to wait for their money. I am desperate right now. Murphy's law pre fails yet again! We found out they somehow got my husband' card number and was using it in Iceland. What?!? Yep iceland. Fixing to get a bunch of my Lego and post in Marketplace. Don't want to but it seems I have no choice. :( happy 2016! :( not!
    madejp86 said:
    Just finished cleaning the used palace cinema that I got. I have my old Legos from when I was young inbound. Not looking forward to cleaning those, that will take at least 2 weeks if not longer

I'm in a similar boat when it comes to cleaning my childhood LEGO. I have two Rubbermaid bins left to go through, but they were the two that were stored at my mom's house for years. She had cats and I'm highly allergic. Not looking forward to what is going to happen to my sinuses the second I finally open them.
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,701
    I'd take those bins outdoors, dump in a cup or two of powdered laundry detergent and seal them back up for a couple of weeks. I've been using a few plastic bins that contained dishwasher detergent tablets, and the smell from those seems to overpower the smell of anything I put in them.
    Yodalicious
  • madejp86madejp86 IllinoisMember Posts: 282
    madejp86 said:

I'm in a similar boat when it comes to cleaning my childhood LEGO. I have two Rubbermaid bins left to go through, but they were the two that were stored at my mom's house for years. She had cats and I'm highly allergic. Not looking forward to what is going to happen to my sinuses the second I finally open them.
    Yup I have a huge bin coming from Poland to the US. I went through it when I was in Poland earlier this month. The bricks are dirty and I know some are missing. I know bricklink will be my friend trying to complete the sets in there
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,552
    lol, that police headquarters looks more realistic than any of the newer ones. except for the helipad.
    Pitfall69kiki180703