Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,939
    Where did those 6 movie posters come from? I must have been out of the loop as I don't recognise them, but they look great!
    hkcrazy88
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,771
    edited January 2016
    There was given away each month through the summer with a qualifying purchase from TLG.

The US Ep5 poster @Pitfall69 sent me over Christmas has advertisements (inc. Droid Tales) whereas the European version is blank.  To satisfy my desire to compete everything,  I just need an Eu copy of Ep5 and to complete the US collection Pitfall has inadvertently started for me, only Ep1-4 and 6.
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    @plasmodium Yes as Legoboy said, these were giveaways starting this past Summer for each month up to November, with $75 purchase with a SW items. I already had a set (except missed Ep. II) of them this way, but they come folded like usual. However, I found them at the Con this way, as the booth told me they got them at SW Celebration where they were given out as new and not yet folded. So bought the whole set again because it would've been a shame to frame them with the unsightly crease lines.
    Pitfall69brumeyLegoboykiki180703hkcrazy88
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,664
    I have all of those posters but they are folded so it's disappointing.
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,771
    One of the stall sellers at Brick 2015 had them for sale unfolded also.  On close inspection, they appeared to be of inferior quality to those folded.  I suspected they had been printed illicitly.  Those from Con however were official Celebration ones.
  • dragon114dragon114 United StatesMember Posts: 635
    Finished and placed the GhstoBuster HQ in my city today.
    tallblocktookiki180703catwranglerhkcrazy88
  • chrisalddinchrisalddin UKMember Posts: 3,013
    edited January 2016
    ^oh god that look's nice
    but if i do-not wish to miss out on sets that are more at risk for being pulled by lego i have to wait to 18 Aug, before i can get it.
    but i well get it. just i have to get all my stuff i wish to get in the right order.
  • WatfordScottyMWatfordScottyM Member Posts: 439
    ^^ Problem is that you now can't open it up and enjoy the main features of the set.  With it in place like that you might as well just have a plain red box.  :(
    cheshirecatPitfall69brumeykiki180703
  • MattsWhatMattsWhat Studley, UKMember Posts: 1,643
    edited January 2016
    ^ I heard he mirrored the entire build so he could still open it, that's why there is no stop light. (I didn't really hear this and don't know where the light is, but it would be cool to see someone go through all that effort to fit it in their modular layout better).
  • Came64Came64 Member Posts: 50
    My Lego status? Got 4 cmf series15. ( only wanted the shark guy) and I got 2 of it!

Btw: they use the dots at the bottom to Mark, what's in the package again. Here's the one for the shark Suit guy:
    There are 2 in the left side and 1on the right.
    catwrangler
    Came64 said:
    My Lego status? Got 4 cmf series15. ( only wanted the shark guy) and I got 2 of it!

Btw: they use the dots at the bottom to Mark, what's in the package again. Here's the one for the shark Suit guy:
    you going on about the 63 B ?

if this is how you can tell who is inside then can someone get the full list.
    as my local toy shop has some and even if i like all of the S16 minifig's i dont have the money for more then 16.
  • brumeybrumey AustriaMember Posts: 1,002
    Came64 said:

should i be able to see this ?  NOT GETTING IT!!!!  could u mark it somehow ?
  • iso3200iso3200 97 miles from Brickset TowersMember Posts: 2,049
    63B5 is the batch number. The bump codes often change between batches. My shark guys were a batch beginning with 2. There was no bump on the right, so the codes are not always a guarantee.
    ^but if you are rooting through a single box you're good to assume that the bump codes are going to get you different minifigs?  Sometimes on the supermarket shop I like to dump in an extra couple of them and don't have time to feel, would be a good to know I won't end up with duplicates.
  • iso3200iso3200 97 miles from Brickset TowersMember Posts: 2,049
    MattsWhat said:
    ^but if you are rooting through a single box you're good to assume that the bump codes are going to get you different minifigs? 
    Yes. Or if you're purposely trying to pick up a two or three dupes of a particular figure, it's quicker to match the bumps once you've found your first one than feel every pack in the box.
    MattsWhatkiki180703
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,487
    that would be nice if there is a way to recognize the frightening knight in case I ever see them in shop.
  • MrGudzMrGudz U.KMember Posts: 197
    edited January 2016

RIP Alan Rickman.  
    You'll live on in our Lego collections as Professor Snape, and in our memories as all the amazing villains you played.  

"I'm gonna cut your heart out with a spoon!"  still one of my favourite movie quotes
     "And cancel Christmas!!"
    LostInTranslationSalamalexsnowhitie
    brumey said:
    Came64 said:

should i be able to see this ?  NOT GETTING IT!!!!  could u mark it somehow ?
    They are indeed really hard to see, so I'll do that tomorrow.
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,147
    Don't trust the dots.  They will betray you.
  • Lego_StarLego_Star ... in a galaxy far, far away.Member Posts: 2,147
    edited January 2016
    ^ Bump codes can be different if the batch (not sure if that's the official name for it, but it'll do) code is different. So Shark guy bump code pattern for 634Bsummat like the one above will be different to shark guy 653C3 (made up code) for example. Or at least it was a few series back. I just stick with feeling now, though that doesn't work for everyone.

Batch code is on the bottom at the back to the right of the middle seam of the pack.

A box of 60 would usually all have the same batch code but the code could vary from box to box. It's one way to tell if you have a box that looks full but has actually been filled from different boxes.

This info is probably only handy if you are looking for a lower distribution figure and are in a hurry though. ;o)
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366
    Wait, wait, wait. You all try to feel these things before you buy them? You don't just throw 100 packs in your cart and smile at the Target cashier as she rings you up then curse yourself for bringing home 57 skydivers?
    BuriedinBricksLego_Star
    Wait, wait, wait. You all try to feel these things before you buy them? You don't just throw 100 packs in your cart and smile at the Target cashier as she rings you up then curse yourself for bringing home 57 skydivers?
    nope, dont do any of what you just said, as i have yet to buy any of the CMFs.
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366
    Sigh. 
    SumoLegoPitfall69MattsWhatiso3200kiki180703SirBen
    edited January 2016
    ^ 63 Skydivers.  And 88 Sumo Wrestlers.

^^ Only missed the point by a country mile.
    Pitfall69Yodaliciouskiki180703SirBen
    No Hans Gruber minifigure.
    VorpalRyuPitfall69kiki180703
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,313
    Or Dr. Lazarus of Tev'Meck "By Grabthar's hammer, by the suns of Warvan, you shall be avenged!"
    Pitfall69catwranglerplasmodiumkiki180703Pumpkin_3CK5SumoLegoxiahna
    I marked the bumps now:
    piratemania7kiki180703
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,410
    Bump

Oh crap! I thought I was in a Marketplace thread.
    Bumblepantskiki180703SumoLego
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,410
    Very excited to receive an item in the mail; only to box it up and send it to a friend "across the pond". What could it be?
    Lego_Star
    Meesa thinks it's a Scooby snack!
    (ok, I'll admit it, I close my eyes and put my fingers in my ears and go "la la la" whenever you're on screen @Pitfall69 ,  so I'm not sure that's exactly right but I figured strange talking animals deal in the same currency, right) 
  • brumeybrumey AustriaMember Posts: 1,002
    feelin' brick'y today. 
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,939
    edited January 2016
    After I was very saddened to read of the news of Alan Rickman's passing this morning, I decided to put together this small memorial for him in one of his most iconic roles, Professor Snape. RIP Alan Rickman, you will certainly be missed and remembered. 
    Lovely tribute - nice idea to use the classic Snape fig. But I never understood why it had a glow in the dark head...
    Lee
    today i am waiting.
    one of my ordered from [email protected] should be with me today
    so i will wait.

I HATE TO WAIT!!!!
  • matticus_bricksmatticus_bricks Member Posts: 651
    @plasmodium Thanks for your praise! I used Classic Snape more out of necessity than choice, as I was in my dark ages during the more recent Harry Potter sets. It's the only Snape I have right now, but I used the more updated hairpiece. 
  • madejp86madejp86 IllinoisMember Posts: 276
    cleaning all the used legos I bought, so much fun
    brumeykiki180703
  • SalamalexSalamalex UKMember Posts: 288
    Taj reassembled and back in the corner after nearly a year in a box! :)
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,664

I’ve seen hundreds and hundred of hauls this year, and you'll find it rather odd to find one AFOL who has yet to make any purchase this year, that would be me. Unlike most of you guys I have to be very selective on what sets I will be purchasing this year and moving forward after what happened last year…

This is a loose concept that may change as new sets get announced throughout the year, The Ghostbusters HQ is clearly one heck of a set and it’s price is considerably high therefore it will most likely be moved to 2017 if required for any other awesome sets released during the second half of 2016. Although I don’t want to be playing catch up as that is what I have been doing ever since I started collecting LEGO, we don’t know what the future holds so sometimes it’s not worth waiting.

My main goal is to get the three current ‘Modular Buildings’ and make up for some outstanding models that I have missed out on. This year I will continue to avoiding sets for Minifigures as much as I can, these potential purchases are 90% based on the awesome models themselves. A couple of years ago it was the other way round and I totally regret it as I missed out on some awesome models, which is why my current wish list consists over 550 products! Hopefully as the years go by I can rectify that list and potentially make it smaller. LEGO doesn't seem to be slowing down!

Also having two sides to the hobby: collecting and producing MOC’s can be very expensive so I’ve prioritised what I really need and don’t.

Legoboycatwranglerkiki180703Lee
    i to also have a plan,
    it changes every day lol
    Salamalex
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    Saddened by the tragedy that has befallen US pab walls. Absolutely nothing at the Milwaukee store I would want to fill a cup with. Also, 6 slots lost to a cup dispenser and signage.
    I know I can use 10,000 eyes.
    phone lego CS, and advise them that less wall slot's is not a good thing.

• RebelegoRebelego Georgia, USAMember Posts: 171
    We had a great time at BrickFair Birmingham today! My wife actually had a lot of fun, too!

snowhitiekiki180703catwranglerLeehkcrazy88
  • nexandernexander Glasgow Member Posts: 897
    Just picked up a slightly damaged box deep sea exploration for £40 and 500 ziploc bags, let the breakdown commence!
  • JetWing34JetWing34 Michigan, USAMember Posts: 38
    Time has passed, making a decision whether to buy #75099 (Rey's Speeder Bike), or #76025 (Green Lantern/Sinestro). Hoping for another trip to Wal-Mart.
    JetWing34 said:
    Time has passed, making a decision whether to buy #75099 (Rey's Speeder Bike), or #76025 (Green Lantern/Sinestro). Hoping for another trip to Wal-Mart.
    comes down to a question of do you like star wars more or do you like DC more.
    the DC one comes with 3 minifig's but the star wars one only has 2, but the star wars one has more over all part's.

for me, if i had to pick from just the 2 set's, i would pick DC, its a ship, i like ship's of all types. be it water-boats, airships or spaceships. i have at least one of each now :) thank you Ninjago for an airship model. :)

• FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,487
    my sister (she is 16) totally freaked out when I showed her the legs motion of the hive crawler. she said she didn't like the model, too scary for her lol