Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• brumeybrumey AustriaMember Posts: 1,002
    edited January 2016
    altough i said to myself to not buy any comic hero stuff ...

after getting spiderman from my nephew to put into my modular layout (he's only 5 and gives his precious spiderman minifig TO ME, cuz he like mah city soo much), i feel inclined to get #76031 hulk buster smasher. damn cool set!
    Jenni
  • legonut80legonut80 UKMember Posts: 314
    While taking the Christmas decorations down we found minifigures in the Christmas tree, and that's not the ones in the baubles :)
    tallblocktooLostInTranslationVorpalRyukiki180703catwranglerLegoboyJennisnowhitiehkcrazy88
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,854
    I'm hoping I'll finally get to see The Force Awakens in the next few days, so I'm rebuilding all my old Star Wars sets that I collected back in the TPM era. I'm really happy I also acquired an X-Wing back then, looking at the prices now!
  • Patrik78Patrik78 Member Posts: 142
    Looking at the MISB Town Hall standing for more than 3 years in my closet untouched and asking myself: open or not to open?
  • BrikingBriking Dorset, UKMember Posts: 759
    ^Open :-D

We have the same conundrum.  I got one for my son just before [email protected] ran out and he hasn't opened it yet. Perhaps it is enough with my copy having been built?
  • chrisalddinchrisalddin UKMember Posts: 3,013
    Patrik78 said:
    Looking at the MISB Town Hall standing for more than 3 years in my closet untouched and asking myself: open or not to open?

gift it to me :P

ok so i dont think Town Hall is easy to moc with but could them not have let it have a longer run.

a town hall is quite a Key building for a town.

• SalamalexSalamalex UKMember Posts: 288
    edited January 2016
    Just finished building all my Christmas Sets so, to paraphrase Tennyson, 'January, when the LEGOist's fancy turns to MOCing'. 
    Jennicatwrangler
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,527
    Contemplating the day I should start breaking down my Winter Village?
    It took so long to build I think I should play with it a bit more, probably another week...maybe two.

I now understand why some MOC's take years to complete.
    I have found there is always something more that I want to add to my village. :) :) :)
    catwrangler
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,141
    ^ Leave the Village up, just convince everyone else it's the holidays... still.

I once left Christmas lights up until Easter.  I find it keeps everyone festive longer.
    VorpalRyuPitfall69SirBenYodalicioustallblocktoosnowhitie
  • masterX244masterX244 GermanyMember Posts: 523
    1 of 2 Bricklink orders arrived. Still waiting for the second larger one
  • JenniJenni JapanMember Posts: 1,390
    @Venunder It's a Winter Village, not a Christmas Village, you're good for months.
    legonut80kiki180703Pitfall69SirBentallblocktoohkcrazy88
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    @Venturer at least it's quicker to take apart than build, just dismantled ours today. To be replaced with a star wars display. 
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,487
    Jenni said:
    @Venunder It's a Winter Village, not a Christmas Village, you're good for months.
    then just replace the white plates and add grass and flowers
    SumoLegotallblocktoo
    edited January 2016
    Venunder said:
    Contemplating the day I should start breaking down my Winter Village?
    It took so long to build I think I should play with it a bit more, probably another week...maybe two.

I now understand why some MOC's take years to complete.
    I have found there is always something more that I want to add to my village. :) :) :)
    hmmm its a Village,
    people dont move out after Christmas in real life :)
    so set you self a challenge. come up with a way to mod the set for spring time and later on for summer time. it would be fun for you.
    VorpalRyu
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,133
    @LostInTranslation , I received Ecto 1 for my birthday last year from my lovely wife, and I found it to be a wonderful set to build. Enjoy the nostalgia trip this evening.
    Just settling down to build Ecto 1 and watch Ghostbusters on DVD.  I know I've seen it as a kid but I really don't remember it at all. Here's hoping both the build and the film are good! 
    i got Ecto one to and it is on display all the time, the only time it will get moved form ware it is now is when i get the HQ then it will be on display with that, no idea what i will do when i not displaying HQ (or if i will have room to not display it.
    Fauch said:
    Jenni said:
    then just replace the white plates and add grass and flowers
    Or just have everyone star talking with an Aussie accent and tell people it's a Southern-Hemisphere winter village.
    VorpalRyuxiahnatallblocktookiki180703
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,313
    @SumoLego great plan, one small issue, it doesn't snow in 99% of places around Australia... Better off with a Kiwi accent, more places there get snow, just have to start admiring sheep too...
    xiahnaSumoLegotallblocktookiki180703
    VorpalRyu said:
    @SumoLego great plan, one small issue, it doesn't snow in 99% of places around Australia... Better off with a Kiwi accent, more places there get snow, just have to start admiring sheep too...
    do lego have a "Lego sheep" we have the cat, the dog, the mouse, the frog. do we have a sheep?
    xiahnatallblocktookiki180703
  • xiahnaxiahna Member Posts: 156
    Duplo have sheep...
    SumoLegokiki180703VorpalRyu
  • LegoTTLegoTT Member Posts: 483
    Finally bough some drawer units to begin sorting my collection that's been growing for about a year now. Went to Menards to pick up the Akro Mils 44 drawer unit, but when I got there decided to go with the metal Holt 38 drawer and a Holt 17 drawer unit.  Got 15% off the larger unit and a few dividers- all told, it was $24.  Not bad!  I started sorting, though....

I'm gonna need more drawers....
    SumoLegokiki180703
    xiahna said:
    Duplo have sheep...

*gives you a deadpan look*
    xiahnakiki180703
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,313
    Yes, Duplo have sheep, which is why Duplo sells so well in New Zealand.
    SumoLegoJenniGothamConstructionCosnowhitiekiki180703Pitfall69xiahna
  • xiahnaxiahna Member Posts: 156
    edited January 2016
    xiahna said:
    Duplo have sheep...

*gives you a deadpan look*

what's the maaaaaaaaaatter? Ok I'm sorry, that was just baaaaaaaaaad.
    VorpalRyutallblocktoochrisalddinBumblepantssnowhitiekiki180703iso3200catwrangler
    LegoTT said:
    Finally bough some drawer units to begin sorting my collection that's been growing for about a year now. Went to Menards to pick up the Akro Mils 44 drawer unit, but when I got there decided to go with the metal Holt 38 drawer and a Holt 17 drawer unit.  Got 15% off the larger unit and a few dividers- all told, it was $24.  Not bad!  I started sorting, though....

I'm gonna need more drawers....
    and yet in england it is no ware near as cheep to get Drawer unit (that i have found)
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,343
    xiahna said:
    Duplo have sheep...
    There was also a Friends set with a lamb.
    VorpalRyukiki180703SumoLego
  • nexandernexander Glasgow Member Posts: 897
    Had a nice Lego day yesterday, hulkbuster and cantina birthday presents (from my stash but I need to get my sneakily purchased sets into circulation somehow!) also portal level pack for dimensions and a pile of Lego and star wars books. My planned Lego cake was cooked but was too ill to shape and decorate. Still plan to do it when I feel better though, just cant eat it :)
  • msandersmsanders Member Posts: 981
    All alone without my family after moving to Switzerland.  Spent all day Saturday building Ghost busters HQ whilst watching lots of films online. Took the whole day and it's massive! Had lots of fun building it and watching it come together. 
    tecjamkiki180703GothamConstructionCoAdeelZubairtallblocktoocatwrangler
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,527
    Thanks for the suggestions.
    Yes I can keep my Winter Village as long as I like. 
    I could modify it to be a Spring, Summer, Autumn Village before next year...
    But I need the space to build other things.
    I will think about this for a while....and enjoy my WV for a while longer. :)
  • AndyPolAndyPol UKMember Posts: 374
    Sad status today, finally packed away the Christmas LEGO, and this time I packed them up in their sets to make life easier for us next year!
  • JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,246
    Yup, finally packed away my small Winter Village, as well.

On the plus side, the other half was impressed by the PC that she bought me for Xmas and wasn't too phased by all the other modulars lined up in a row, so that's good! I should be able to sneak a BB onto the end soon, without too much comment being made. ;-)
    bandit778kiki180703tallblocktoo
  • khmellymelkhmellymel United KingdomMember Posts: 1,245
    I've been ill this past week and binge watchied the BBC's Merlin.  Shocked myself at how much I enjoyed it... I'm considering a moc of Camelot (ie a boring block grey castle, but still).
    catwranglersnowhitiehkcrazy88
  • ricecakericecake Maryland, USAMember Posts: 879
    do lego have a "Lego sheep" we have the cat, the dog, the mouse, the frog. do we have a sheep?
    My friend at work built #40148 while he was waiting on his computer to finish processing something.

mad at bricklink:
    whats the difference between #6350 and #10036

i bought #10036 only to realize today that #6350 is around 50% cheaper.

they could have told me before! again. i m still a bricklink noob. there is soo much to bricklink you cant learn it overnight!
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,569
    edited January 2016
    Very sad to see David Bowie has died.  Truly a music icon.
    Just the other day I was thinking about Lego and movies and how much I'd love to see a Labyrinth Ideas set.  Will have to watch the film tonight and try to make my own tribute.  

BTW I really enjoyed building the Ecto 1.  Really interesting techniques used. I had built the DeLorean just before and I have preferred the Ecto.  And the GB movie was good silly fun :-) 
    tallblocktooVorpalRyubandit778ricecakekiki180703catwranglerGothamConstructionCosnowhitiehkcrazy88
    yea  RIP david.

and RIP lemmy kilmister
    VorpalRyuricecakekiki180703catwrangler
  • legomentallegomental UkMember Posts: 339
    msanders said:
    All alone without my family after moving to Switzerland.  Spent all day Saturday building Ghost busters HQ whilst watching lots of films online. Took the whole day and it's massive! Had lots of fun building it and watching it come together. 
    Great pics thanks. It looks really impressive (and big!!)

We spent yesterday making the Scooby doo lighthouse. Very neat when finished and the five year old was delighted with hidden treasure and skull cave doors. 

He then wanted to take the speed boat in the bath (my ocd kicked in at the thought of stickers plus water)
    tallblocktoomsandershkcrazy88
  • masterX244masterX244 GermanyMember Posts: 523
    second bricklink order finally arrived...
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,410
    edited January 2016
    brumey said:
    mad at bricklink:
    whats the difference between #6350 and #10036

i bought #10036 only to realize today that #6350 is around 50% cheaper.

they could have told me before! again. i m still a bricklink noob. there is soo much to bricklink you cant learn it overnight!
    I thought this was common knowledge. Lego re-released a bunch of sets during the late 1990's and early 2000's; one of them was Pizza to Go. I have most of the re-released sets except Main Street and a couple of others. Some were released as "Legends" and some were just released under another set number. The re-releases were not received well and was short lived. The reason why #10036 may be more expensive is probably because it is rarer.

^nice.
    Heading to the framers again, but for something different this time. Was able to score these at BricksLA a couple days ago. All are perfectly flat and unfolded! Will be done as 2 frames, one for each Trilogy.

I was just informed that the US Posters differ than the UK ones.
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    What's the difference between them?
    edited January 2016
    Difference in parts? Not much. The "Legend" has slightly more parts and the sticker sheet is slightly different, but I don't know exactly what the difference is. The box is obviously different as it says Legend on it and it is a different part number. I believe the minifigures have the new molds for the torso and maybe the legs. 
    @Pitfall69 I meant about the posters being different between US & UK
    Pitfall69kiki180703
    @Pitfall69 I meant about the posters being different between US & UK
    The UK posters are blank on the back.
    SumoLegokiki180703
    ^Ah got it. Yea I would prefer the blank ones over these with Droid Tales on them.
    The words are translated to British.  
    BrickDancerBumblepantsYodaliciousPitfall69AdeelZubairkiki180703

^Ah got it. Yea I would prefer the blank ones over these with Droid Tales on them.
    Did you say Droid Tales poster ?  Unfortunately, my Droid Tales posters do not have SW Episode posters on the back...