Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,141
    samiam391 said:
    And thus it begins...

--Image snipped--
    Whats the plan with all those sorted parts?
    How are we supposed to play ping-pong?!?
    kiki180703tallblocktoo
  • chrisalddinchrisalddin UKMember Posts: 3,013
    my Status right now is planing what to buy for the next 6 months or so.

• VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,527
    Wishing a Happy New Lego Year to everyone at Brickset.
    Good health and more Lego to everyone in 2016.
    tallblocktooTheBigLegoski
  • ricecakericecake Maryland, USAMember Posts: 879
    I can't be bothered with speed building like some people do.
    Ironic, considering your username :)
    LegoboyGothamConstructionCoiso3200Lego_Starkiki180703TheBigLegoskiPitfall69SumoLego
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,524
    Bought Brick Bank first thing this morning. The Ghost Busters set was the hot item though, they had to have sold 20 or 30 while I was there while a few people bought 1 of each. 
  • Pumpkin_3CK5Pumpkin_3CK5 CaliforniaMember Posts: 783
    Nexo Knights complete. 
    right now i am working on the next video part of the speed build of the pet shop set.
    will be posting it today to my youtube at some point in the next 3 hours.
  • AltairAltair FranceMember Posts: 51
    Status: buying one or two SW OT sets to complete my original collection, and several TFA sets to start a new one... 
  • TheBigLegoskiTheBigLegoski Amsterdam, NederlandMember Posts: 1,418
    @everyone and all @bricksetters
    Best wishes for 2016, and happy Lego times
    khmellymel
  • BrikingBriking Dorset, UKMember Posts: 759
    Went to Westfield this morning. Got to the Lego store 15m after opening and not a single Brick Bank or Ghostbusters HQ to be seen.  My heart sank, considering it is a 4 hour round trip.  Turned out they had 1-2 staff members on re-stocking duty for those two sets. As soon as the sets were brought out, they were snaffled.

Returned with both those and my youngest picked up the Detctive Office. And we had time for brunch at Five Guys before heading home :-)
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,129
    ^love me some Five Guys.
    kiki180703ricecakeMordoor
  • TheBigLegoskiTheBigLegoski Amsterdam, NederlandMember Posts: 1,418
    ^ @Peter1975
    Wow! Nice..... very nice!
    Peter1975
  • Pumpkin_3CK5Pumpkin_3CK5 CaliforniaMember Posts: 783
    edited January 2016
    Peter1975 said:
    Just broke down my Winter Village. Back to the attic again. Till next X-mas. At least I saved some pictures.... :) 

Do you break it down completely or do you keep some pieces like rooftops and such intact?
    catwrangler
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    Sorting my plant parts. I seem to be running low on a color.
    Legoboykhmellymel
    ^ I suddenly have an urge for licorice.
    kiki180703Jennimonstblitzcatwrangler
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,339
    Sorting my plant parts. I seem to be running low on a color.
    @BuriedinBricks - I just finished ordering a mass number of each of these a few days ago for a MOC, but I think I might need some more after seeing that collection of leaves!
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    @samiam391 - I'm always amazed at how quickly it get used up. I always devote a chunk of my yearly lugbulk order to plant parts. I'm finally getting to a point where I feel comfortable with what I have access to. I still almost ran out of dark red during a show last fall though.

I probably have another 50-75 Dark Green currently tied up in MOCs. My regular green supply is just terrible though. I have maybe another 25 floating around in builds and some vintage sets that are on display, but it's the one I need to pick up more of.

Still not sure if I'm going to get any of the elves colors, but I'm super happy to see the white 4x3 elements in production. I would prefer 6x5s, but at least I can use the smaller ones to do snow effects on pine branches.
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,616
    edited January 2016
    Went out for big fry up on the last day before going back to work. Popped into one of the charity shops and walked out with the contents of this years Star Wars and City advent Calendars for £3. Unwanted gift or parents clearing out the clutter! Then I went home via the supermarket and got Reys Speeder with 30% off. Bargain LEGO day

khmellymelBrikingkiki180703
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,616
    Yesterdays status would have been. Finally finished the Detectives Office and cleared out the Christmas sets from my street. Set the new modular in place and modified the pavement to merge it with the road plate in front.

tallblocktookiki180703JudgeChuck
  • khmellymelkhmellymel United KingdomMember Posts: 1,245
    edited January 2016
    In the process of dismantling the winter scenes, which is a shame, because that means that I'm back to limited Lego display.  On the other hand, I think I'll be able to squeeze three mods onto my Lego surface, so that's a lot of building that I get to do in the next few weeks!

I also got a part time job to help fill my flat with Lego (and clothes, unfortunately... clear out time again!) while I continue the search for graduate positions, so 2016 is off to a pretty good start :)
    Legoboykiki180703BrikingLego_StarBricklover18legonut80iso3200hkcrazy88
  • tallblocktootallblocktoo CanadaMember Posts: 497
    edited January 2016
    Bought the Brick Bank #10251, Lakeside Lodge #31048, and two of the Nexo Knights.  The two I got were Ultimate Macy #70331 and Ultimate Lavaria #70335.  
    Yesterdays status would have been. Finally finished the Detectives Office and cleared out the Christmas sets from my street. Set the new modular in place and modified the pavement to merge it with the road plate in front.
    Stud counting is fun!  I expanded the sidewalk, with a slight overlay.

The expanded sidewalk provides just enough room for figures and stuff.  Although I have to go back and put it trees, newspaper stand, etc.

LegoboyPitfall69VorpalRyukiki180703JudgeChuckGothamConstructionCored237Yodalicious
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,771
    ^ And a fire hydrant.
    Pitfall69kiki180703
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,410
    SumoLego said:
    Stud counting is fun!  I expanded the sidewalk, with a slight overlay.

The expanded sidewalk provides just enough room for figures and stuff.  Although I have to go back and put it trees, newspaper stand, etc.

I say; do you have a leaky roof or did you just finish a bowl full of cereal? 
    VorpalRyukiki180703
  • nexandernexander Glasgow Member Posts: 897
    Trying to pin my Lego cake design down. Thinking 3 small minifig head cakes, one standard yellow head, one either boba or stormtrooper and one more undecided. Hoping I feel better tomorrow to make the things!
  • EluneElune QuébecMember Posts: 99
    I've started sorting my pieces today. I've roughly sorted 300 pieces out of 52K. Oh boy, this is gonna take a while... ^^;
    kiki180703tallblocktoo
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,133
    Just found out that one of the bosses make up brushes make a wonderful tool for cleaning dust off a set as you break it down for storage.

«««««««« really helpful tip for anybody trying this, check the brush first!!
    What looks like an unused brush may well not be...... managed to give the Santa from the Workshop set a really nice rosey red beard before I realised (aaargghhhhh).»»»»»»»»»

Fortunately it had only been used on face paint so it washed off and I have now acquired (stolen from the wife) an out of the packet brush with which to finish. :)
    GothamConstructionCokiki180703tallblocktoo
  • mmozzanommozzano UKMember Posts: 413
    Just took apart one of my favorite display sets #79008 Pirate Ship Ambush as I fancy a bit of a change.  Now to decide what to replace it with, I'm thinking #75094 Imperial Shuttle Tydirium which I've had sitting in the loft for months. 
    tallblocktoo
  • gratefulnatgratefulnat SwitzerlandMember Posts: 278
    ^My sympathies to the bush.
    Although it is the other way around for me.
    Pitfall69kiki180703Jern92All_That_Rocks
    edited January 2016
    Actually, quite riled.

Ordered 7mm hose for the Alien Project. Received RM card through the door 2 weeks later claiming insufficient postage had been paid by sender.  Drove to sorting office to discover it was indeed the 7mm hose inside a jiffy bag that had been sent as a large letter and so couldn't possibly slip through the 5mm regulation slot - do the maths.  Seller reimbursed RM fee but then left me bad feedback without so much as a bad word between us.

Just how does that work??  With a clean record himself, he earnt his first also.  Moron!
    kiki180703cheshirecatBumblepantsPitfall69bandit778catwranglerhkcrazy88
  • BrikingBriking Dorset, UKMember Posts: 759
    Finished bags 10 of GBHQ. Just 4 more sets of bags to go. Tomorrow perhaps.
    tallblocktoo
    Speedman29 said:

Nice. I did the same with my Palace Cinema, but used T-junction road plates to create parking spaces outside.
    that was a Dam clever idea. and looks great.
    klatu003SumoLego
    Legoboy said:
    Actually, quite riled.

Ordered 7mm hose for the Alien Project. Received RM card through the door 2 weeks later claiming insufficient postage had been paid by sender.  Drove to sorting office to discover it was indeed the 7mm hose inside a jiffy bag that had been sent as a large letter and so couldn't possibly slip through the 5mm regulation slot - do the maths.  Seller reimbursed RM fee but then left me bad feedback without so much as a bad word between us.

Just how does that work??  With a clean record himself, he earnt his first also.  Moron!
    I would have a go at him online. I got a NPB on an order one time. I explained that I NEVER got an invoice, so how am I supposed pay you?
    Legoboykiki180703
  • NickF22NickF22 United KingdomMember Posts: 446
    ^ Large letter goes up to 25mm thickness. Do you mean it was sent as a standard letter? Or did RM mess up?
    ^ Yeah, this.  Just a single 1st class stamp on the jiffy bag.  RM did fine.   A little frustrated it 2 weeks to travel across England but then I don't know if he posted it 2 weeks prior and RM sat in it or if it really did take 2 weeks due to the floods  The enveloped wasnt marked.  My frustration really lies with the fact he felt the need to do what he did after the transaction.  Not a bad word was said and I didn't claim for wasted time and expenses incurred in rectifying his cock up.  I have never left bad feedback for anyone before so felt really uneasy about it.  The negative feedback to be honest wasn't left due to his mess up as he dealt with it okay.  It was left in retaliation to unnecessarily leaving me mine without cause.
  • MattsWhatMattsWhat Studley, UKMember Posts: 1,643
    edited January 2016
    ^to be fair, at least the other bricklink stores know you're not a pushover, wear it like a badge of honour, an ASBO as it were ;)
    (For the record, 'frustrated' would be an overly nice way to describe my feelings if this had happened to me)
    On the plus side, you now have hoses! And, if you can convince everyone in your house to not nudge the table and make it fall over, a complete Alien :)
    kiki180703catwrangler
  • masterX244masterX244 GermanyMember Posts: 523
    edited January 2016
    2 BL orders went out just now, bunch of odd parts that i had not in storage and that are needed to finish a temporary workaround that is currently in use
  • matticus_bricksmatticus_bricks Member Posts: 651
    edited January 2016
    Today, my status is feeling a bit shocked by what my collecting has escalated to. I decided it would be fun to count how many minifigures are in my house. I thought 500 would be an overestimate. Well, I counted 679 minifigures (though this is more of an estimate as there are some stored away in sets I really didn't feel like pulling out), or 769 if I count the ones I have listed on my Bricklink store and sealed in sets/polybags I'm holding onto for later. Plus, I didn't even begin to count the potential minifigs I have in my minifig parts boxes for MOCs. Altogether, there has to be over 1000 minifigures in my house! O_O
    VorpalRyutallblocktookiki180703catwranglerhkcrazy88
    Legoboy said:
    Actually, quite riled.

@Legoboy - I have a similar story. I ordered from a seller in November and then was going to order more in December. I kindly asked the seller for a coupon. For some reason, the seller responded with a hostile attitude, saying that I had no reason to be asking for a coupon. For some reason, they also found it necessary to be incredibly rude by slipping in a few insults. 

I was going to let it slide and just leave it all alone, but then the seller came back a few weeks later and left me one of the stupidest neutrals I've ever seen:
    "If he comes back, whatever; if not, whatever. Will request coupon for no reason"

Talk about spiteful... I promptly left him a negative (which he deserved in the first place, but I was trying to give grace). Some people...
    kiki180703hkcrazy88
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,939
    samiam391 said:

@Legoboy - I have a similar story. I ordered from a seller in November and then was going to order more in December. I kindly asked the seller for a coupon. For some reason, the seller responded with a hostile attitude, saying that I had no reason to be asking for a coupon. 
    I'm curious - did you have a reason to be asking for a coupon? I don't mean to be rude, but I think I'd be a little offended as a seller if a buyer just randomly asked for a discount. To be fair, though, he could have said 'no' politely.
  • Peter1975Peter1975 DeventerMember Posts: 166
    #Pumpkin_3CK5 I have all original boxs, so I try to keep them in tact. Cars and minifigs I don't break down. Houses don't fit in the box, but I reduce to a size witch fit the boxes.
    samiam391 said:

@Legoboy - I have a similar story. I ordered from a seller in November and then was going to order more in December. I kindly asked the seller for a coupon. For some reason, the seller responded with a hostile attitude, saying that I had no reason to be asking for a coupon. 
    I'm curious - did you have a reason to be asking for a coupon? I don't mean to be rude, but I think I'd be a little offended as a seller if a buyer just randomly asked for a discount. To be fair, though, he could have said 'no' politely.
    There are plenty of Ebay and Bricklink "store" owners that offer coupons on a regular basis; especially to customers that frequent their stores. I don't think it is unreasonable to ask for a coupon; especially if you are planning on placing a huge order. People ask me for discounts all of the time on Ebay. It doesn't hurt to ask.
    samiam391 said:

I'm a haggler by nature. There's always a reason to ask for a coupon. 1st order, repeat customer... it never hurts to ask. If I can save a few bucks, I'm going to write you a message. If you don't want to offer a coupon, simply say no, and I may still order. That's my opinion. 

In this case, I had actually already ordered from him once before. So if "repeat customer" is the requirement for asking for a coupon by your standards... then yes, I did have a reason. 
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,939
    Fair enough. I've never really used Bricklink that much, so I'm not really aware of the 'culture' there and what is acceptable or not.
  • MattsWhatMattsWhat Studley, UKMember Posts: 1,643
    To be fair, the problem here isn't even asking for a reason or not.  If someone asked me I might think 'bloody cheek' but I would just reply and say no, my prices are already the best I can offer or I will issue a coupon once you spend £X or something. There is no need to be rude about it, and it doesn't change the feedback on the orignal transaction!
    plasmodiumkiki180703hkcrazy88
  • xiahnaxiahna Member Posts: 156
    Gah, I want to be building right now but I just said yes to looking after my cousin's three boys tomorrow morning. So cleaning has to be done. 5 boys romping around my place gah, what did I dooooooo?! (oh wait, my husband will be home as well, that makes 6 boys romping through the house!!! :S )
    tallblocktooVorpalRyukiki180703
    Pitfall69 said:

I say; do you have a leaky roof or did you just finish a bowl full of cereal? 
    Naw, those are the 'sorting' saucers.  That's nowhere large enough for a proper bowl of cereal...
    tallblocktooVorpalRyubandit778Pitfall69kiki180703Salamalex