Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• PlaugePlauge Member Posts: 39
    Got the Fire Bigrade today, love it!
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    Scheduled 2 vacation days off of work, so I can have an extra relaxed weekend of building to my heart's desire! Life sure is good with a little lego in it...
  • weinnerweinner Banned Posts: 148
    Just got done with Batmobile and two- face chase(6864) The Batmobile came out better than expected, really just got it fo the minifigs and pieces. I LOVE THE SUPER HERO MINIFIGS!
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind CheshireMember Posts: 2,098
    Two more mocs nicely planned. Just have to build the things now
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,857
    Kicking himself for still using ebay. Especially when sellers don't send items and then are 'no longer registered'... :(
  • jadedancjadedanc USAMember Posts: 1,302
    Just finished up with the SSD! Amazed and loving it! I have it displayed on the top of the bookshelf
  • Si_UKNZSi_UKNZ NZMember Posts: 4,179
    Enjoying a taste of Paradisa

(and especially enjoying the fact that lots of people seem to be selling it off cheap, perhaps because friends has now arrived)
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,714
    edited April 2012
    Has just filled the third post sack full of 4442 gliders, I never want to see a roll of bubble wrap or a sheet of airmail stickers again...

Anyone here expecting one - It will go out tomorrow.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,275
    Just finished up the rock sections of my "river" for my MOC train table. Bridge, river, dam. Need to add more 1x1 2/3 slopes to give some more detail but I need to lay out the edge baseplates and work on the overlap of the rocks first.

• LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,917
    ^ Looking good! Love the simple design of the bridge.
  • The_Brick_BuilderThe_Brick_Builder Member Posts: 658
    ^^ Cool! I especially love the rocks.
  • stagusstagus Member Posts: 256
    ^^^ excellent.
    I'm attempting to MOC for the Show.......2 weeks today!!
    Discovered my friend gets discount then discovered she only gets discount on up to 500 pounds worth thats not enough for my needs!
  • starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,329
    ^ pounds as in money or weight?
    Oh sorry its UK £ its a really small amount I was a bit surprised. Plus she cant use my points card I dont think. At the same time im think death star and star destroy half price :-).
  • ErnstErnst Member Posts: 133
    Finally built the King's Castle Siege which was waiting for almost a year. Now going to take some time organise and store a lot of small parts.
  • SparkyHamSparkyHam Bristol, UKMember Posts: 141
    Should I or shouldn't I open my MISB Cafe Corner? Oh the stress of it all!
  • JenniJenni JapanMember Posts: 1,390
    ^ Doing it is the only way to stop that question hounding you :)

Survived the LEGO birthday party, someone gave her Playmobil! It was her favorite gift :(. Hoping this is because it's a vet set and will only last till we give her the Heartlake Vet on Tuesday.
  • samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,457
    ^^Life is short... so build!
  • GothamConstructionCoGothamConstructionCo Colchester UKMember Posts: 798
    edited May 2012
    Lost my only transparent "umbrella". top.

Will have to put my Working bat signal search light with light brick on hiatus.
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,572
    My Lego addiction is becoming more widely known at work... a colleague has just asked me if I have any CMFs that I would be able to swap with her little boy!!
  • andyscouseandyscouse Western MAMember Posts: 365
    edited April 2012
    Had a nice visit to the Raleigh NC Lego store on way home from holiday / vacation (delete where applicable!), 3 grab bags and 1½ PaB tubs - now all sorted and organised. Took pics of the PaB wall, so will update that nice site that displays that info later today.
  • Steve_J_OMSteve_J_OM IrelandMember Posts: 993
    They say good things come to those who wait. Coming up to Christmas when the writing appeared to be on the wall for the Death Star, I just couldn't afford/justify it and was sure that I'd never own it. When the dust settled and it was still available in the new year, I thought that I might have a chance after all. I started saving, and justifying the expense by selling other things (both Lego and non-Lego items) to fund it.

Not five minutes ago, I received my order confirmation email :) Now it's just the wait for the all-important shipping confirmation! I was tempted to wait until May 4th, but if it's discounted I didn't want to run the risk of it selling out. I've been building up to the order with the OT on Blu-ray, might have to watch them again before it arrives!
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,825
    ^ Now that's something to be excited about. And it's going to mean even more given you saved up for the benefit. Good for you. :-)
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    Just received a ton of polybags in the mail from a pair of TRU orders. Picked up 10x Batman jet skis and 5x Friends. Between those and my LEGO store purchases over the weekend, there has been a massive influx of bricks in the house in the last few days.
  • minifiguresseriesminifiguresseries Member Posts: 17
    edited April 2012
    I just got the Special Olympic Games Minifigures Series from my uncle and the Olympic boxer is super cool. Very excited!
  • AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    That $45 USD spent at the optometrist today would have bought a Lego set! Thankfully it's only once a year. Wishing money actually stretched!
    Sent my NELUG t-shirt to the UK for loan by my brother at AFOLCon ... hope it gets there in time!
    @minifiguresseries: How? Where? The Brickset world needs to know!! And see pictures!
    Got the lego box this morning for the pick and mix. Lots of very interesting stuff. Hope next person enjoys red wheel hubs :-) all 600 of them.
  • samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,457
    @minifiguresseries: How? Where? The Brickset world needs to know!! And see pictures!
    I second that!
  • Si_UKNZSi_UKNZ NZMember Posts: 4,179
    Username: minifiguresseries Joined: April 12 Visits: 3

Does not inspire confidence that this is real :o)
    ^ Agreed. That's why I requested that he furnish proof of said minifigures :)
    "I want pictures, or it never happened"!
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,733
    ^ I think we can assume the latter, Lucy......
    Not another "I have a gold C-3PO" senario again
    Finally got invited to volunteer at the Nashville Grand Opening and get the 30% discount, my husband will be able to have the Death Star after all.
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    ^Congrats Jenni! I hope you both have a great time at the Grand Opening. It'll be a memorable experience that will stay with you every time you walk by the store. At 30% off, maybe a good time to double down on that bet and pick up an SSD to compliment the DS?
    Finally got invited to volunteer at the Nashville Grand Opening and get the 30% discount, my husband will be able to have the Death Star after all.
    Are you a volunteer for the grand opening build (large scale Yoda, R2-D2, Buzz Lightyear... etc)?
  • starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,329
    Congrats @Jenni! That is awesome.
  • The_Brick_BuilderThe_Brick_Builder Member Posts: 658
    @Jenni Wow, 30% off! Congrats!
    @legobrandoncp They haven't said what I'll be doing, just that if I want to "work with the public" there's a uniform. Hoping I'll get some guidance before Saturday. Probably though, and probably tearing Spongebob down Sunday night too.
    Cool! Congrats on the 30% off coupon as well, use it wisely. ;)
    Fortunately there's $1,000 limit :)
    ^ we have the same deal for helping out with the brand ribbon models for the Peabody MA store ... I have $700 of stuff in mind, so that'd be $490 ... not a bad deal - and the DS is one of the things! Our grand opening is May 24/5/6, but our discount is for week of May 5 ('soft' opening week)
    Picked up 4 S7 CMFs this evening (at a TRU, 'tis true, but I just 'happened' to be there!) ... finally! Made sure I got a bagpiper for sure!
    I scored the same deal for helping with the brand ribbon build on the WI store. I kept myself in check and manged to walk out spending just a bit over $400 after the discount...but I spent the whole drive home thinking "I should have gotten this, and this, and this, etc."

Biggest things I picked up were a Town Hall and Pet Shop. That Death Star was really tempting, but I had to prioritize my budget.
    @iccarus Priorities are important. I'm just not going to spend $400 on the DS. Things like the Town Hall and the Unimog are worth the full price to me, though I hope to take advantage of a TRU BOGO50% if I can, but they'll be around for a while and I will pick them up. It's now or never on the DS. That said I wouldn't lay any odds on that being our only purchase :).

@andyscouse I missed out on helping with the brand ribbon, we don't have a LUG yet, though we're working on it and that's how we got the invitation, and they used the Huntsville train club. I heard about it just afterwards though they'd've been happy to let me help, and kindly invited me to display with them. I think your shopping experience will be a little calmer :).

@brickdancer No!
    I totally understand wanting to pick up a DS if it's a set you truly must have. It's very hard to pass up a 30% discount on something that's likely to be gone soon, especially when it's a $400 set you normally would not even consider buying.

The set is just not a top priority for me though because I have been very hesitant about starting down the path of Star Wars sets. I was more interested in just finishing up my modular collection, but I fully understand others have different priorities.

The whole issue might be a moot point anyway. I'm looking into volunteering for the grand opening as well. Passing up the DS a second time is less likely. :p
    edited April 2012
    @iccarus and @Jenni ... who did you contact about helping out on the day(s) itself?

One thing I'm trying to get are the dimensions of the new Peabody MA store's PaB wall, so that the website where one can track the contents thereof can be set up for this store. For your new store, what's its name and dimension (cols x rows), and I'll pass that along too, if you'd like.