Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• nexandernexander Glasgow Member Posts: 885
    It might have been the village market I got. And I'm not 100% sure what I have, my sets tend to get stored away before the wife notices and I don't always update my brickset list. The toyshop is a safe bet to get though
  • JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,107
    ^
    Now you've got me worried!
    bandit778 said:
    Have just ordered the workshop just in case it sells out due to being available last year and those that missed it grabbing them all. I am waiting till 22nd to get the toy shop as it being a re release should be a safer bet to still be in stock to get the train.
    I just did some checking and it looks like we're getting a good deal in Europe, as the train is free with orders over £50, rather than an equivalent of $99, so I'm going to get Santa now and the Toy Shop, when that offer kicks in.
    How I'm going to refrain from building either of them until closer to Christmas is a totally different matter though!
    Ok, I'm 99% its Santa workshop. So with the bakery, workshop, toy shop, last years freebie Xmas sets, the train and the pile of white plates I have we will have a good day making our village! And it is a great deal, nothing better than a freebie and double points
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,871
    Just managed to find all the mini figures from series fourteen. Happy happy happy! my son will be very excited when coming home from school Abd building them all. the shop manager was very interested in what I was doing and I managed to find him a couple he wanted! Here's hoping I didn't make a mistake! Managed to get 15% off as well!
    Pitfall69xwingpilotLostInTranslationSirBen
    ^just realised I used a lot of exclamationmarks, sorry, I must have been really excited ;)

Son was a happy chappy as expected and we are building the Scooby sets tomorrow so these guys have a home..
    LostInTranslationkiki180703legomattSalamalex
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,521
    In the last 24 hours I've had two unexpected windfalls totalling £55 in gift vouchers (not for Lego but for several places that sell Lego).  Debating whether to squander them immediately or wait for better prices or indeed to spend them on something other than Lego! 
    snowhitiekiki180703bendybadgerSalamalexlegonut80
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,275
    ^ Well clearly you won't want to be spending them on anything other than LEGO, so that removes one option. I'm surprised that you even considered such an action!
    LostInTranslation
  • bendybadgerbendybadger 127.0.0.1 ::1Member Posts: 1,141
    Spend it now. It is unexpected so in my mind I would see it as free Lego.  It would burn a hole in my pocket so quickly. Congrats on the windfall. 
    LostInTranslation
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,380
    Someone sent me a "Winter Soldier" in the mail just for the heck of it :) 
    VorpalRyulegomattsnowhitieiso3200
  • SalamalexSalamalex UKMember Posts: 274
    In the last 24 hours I've had two unexpected windfalls totalling £55 in gift vouchers (not for Lego but for several places that sell Lego).  Debating whether to squander them immediately or wait for better prices or indeed to spend them on something other than Lego! 
    You simply can't use the word squander when contemplating Lego purchases.  It's an oxymoron! 
    LostInTranslationTheBigLegoski
  • LegoTTLegoTT Member Posts: 479
    Contemplating whether or not to make the trek to The Lego Store. If I do, I'll leave with the makings of a Winter Village and extra VIP Points. 

If I don't, I'll have an extra few hundred dollars in my bank account. 
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,521
    I've spent £30 of my vouchers towards the purchase of Arrow and The Flash dvds :-) 
    Sorry to disappoint @CapnRex101
    Still £25 left to spend at Amazon,  which will probably go towards an Avengers set I still don't have 
    ^ I think you made a wise decision...
  • JdawgJdawg St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada Member Posts: 83
    This weekend I was expecting to have all my BL and B&P orders in hand.  Waiting for parts to complete 4 batpods, a throne of ultron, summer riding camp and town hall.   

I always have too many projects on the go.  

I still need to order more parts for my lego logo 48x48.   

When end will it end?

....ended up buying Santa's Village, 3 Minifigs, a large cup of white parts, and a Build-a-Model... All to get a free $20 set and double VIP Points.  Sigh. Haha
    ^ I see nothing wrong with that! :-)
    I have just ordered #10245 Santa's Workshop and #70752 Jungle Trap, and will order #10249 Toy shop, as soon as the Christmas Train offer starts.
    I'm now trying to decide what to spend my 718 VIP points on... Dilemmas, dilemmas... ;-)
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 1,954
    Status today......impressed.
    Just finished building #75112 and although it was an easy build with not many parts, it does make an impressive display piece.
    Only hope Vader looks as good when built (also hoping they release a Bespin Luke to do a large scale "I am your father" disply).
    msanders
  • messymessy CambridgeshireMember Posts: 240
    Just opened #10218 it's about time I built my first modular set, I'll have to keep it out of reach from little hands!
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,366
    Came home to find out The Brick Show did a live tour of my LUG's display at Brick Fest Live in Milwaukee. Very cool. Check it out if you have some time (we're the first LUG they show)
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,046
    brumey said:
    Pitfall69 said:
    ^Grab a broomstick, hit the ceiling with it to get your parents attention, then ask them for more money to fix your car ;)
    i have my own flat dude. my own job and my own car. parents divorced and 300km away.
    Sarcasm: 0
    Literal Reading of Tongue-in-Cheek Comment: 1
    VorpalRyu
  • xwingpilotxwingpilot UKMember Posts: 797
    Just completed my Series 1 and 2 OT Microfighters collection :)

If the 2016 announcements are correct, there won't be any OT sets in Series 3, so it will be at least 2017 before we get any more...

khmellymelVorpalRyuCircleK
    ^love the bases!
  • DroneDrone U.KMember Posts: 194
    The Tumbler is mine at long last!!
    GothamConstructionCoJenniSlapNuts
  • GothamConstructionCoGothamConstructionCo Colchester UKMember Posts: 729
    ^ I have just purchased the Tumbler myself after deciding I would never buy it.
    I have no where to display it and the thought of dusting it terrifies me but I just wanted to build it.

Lego_StarDroneSumoLego
    The kids just discovered Ninjago on Netflix this today and spent the last hour spinning around. They are in their taekwondo class atm and I'm wondering if they will try any spinjago moves!
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,308
    spinjitsu
  • blackdeathgrblackdeathgr The MoonMember Posts: 2
    "Bring me that gray plates!!!" That is my LEGO status for this month!
  • dkprimusdkprimus RVAMember Posts: 31
    edited October 2015

getting ready for holiday season,  these sets just came in,  time to get busy. and thank you tru for the free kayaks this weekend, that kids have enjoyed them.

• bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 1,954
    edited October 2015

To check the authenticity and features of the new Lego Force Awakens sets before I buy them, have just purchased tickets to see study the film (Yay!) ..... purely for model/set accuracy and analysis ..... Honest.

Pitfall69SumoLego
  • xwingpilotxwingpilot UKMember Posts: 797
    ^ I didn't know you could book yet.

/Runs off to book Cinema de Lux on the first night...

X-Wing, X-Wing, X-WING!
    Just grabbed tickets for "The Force Awakens" IMX 3D on opening night :)
    Just saw the new "The Force Awakens" trailer
    bandit778Legoboyplasmodium
  • brumeybrumey AustriaMember Posts: 994
    whats the difference between "ninja turtles" and "teenage mutant ninja turtles" ? i m guessing something with the licence. the 80ies cartoon is "teenage mutant ninja turtles" right ?  but what about "ninja turtles". where does it belong to ?    i m thinking of getting some turtles sets. they are cheap now!
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366
    ^ Ninja Turtles was based on the movie. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was based on the recent cartoon on Nick. 
    an the 80ies cartoon with short haired yellow overall april ?
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366
    omg. it was called TEENAGE MUTANT HERO TURTLES here in austria! so confused now !
    til season 7 it was called "teenage mutant ninja turtles" .season 8,9,10 was called ninja turtles!

april o neal was a newsreporter
    casey jones also had an appearance

the only thing i witnessed in my life is "teenage mutant ninja turtles" 1984-1993 under mirage publishing.
    yea! it hurts much to see what has happened!
    It was called 'Hero' turtles instead of 'ninja' in the UK as during the 80s even the slightest exposure to anything 'ninja' would cause young children to run around attacking people with swords etc. Thankfully the 'someone think of the children' crowd saved us and now I can teach my kids to handle weapons properly, with minimal nunchuk injuries!
    MasterBeefy
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,308
    well, "tortues ninjas" here is short and to the point.
  • HobHob My Lego houseMember Posts: 223
    Very happy as Just been reminded that me and the family are off to LEGOLAND this Sunday (fireworks) and Monday.  Our only visit this year.
  • AyliffeAyliffe the UK innit?Member Posts: 307
    Been taking some BTTF-related photos to upload to Flickr today...
    VorpalRyu
  • SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member Posts: 4,030
    ^ Oh no! It's a factory leak! 
    pricey73kiki180703SalamalexMasterBeefy
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    Is it just me or are those bricks not lining up well at all?
  • pricey73pricey73 UKMember Posts: 352
    ^ definately the lighting
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
    pricey73 said:
    ^ definately the lighting
    Light generally doesn't lie. If the sides of the bricks were flush, there would be no shadow. The light could be exaggerating a slight difference because it's apparently very close or very bright, but there must be at least some difference.