Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,258
    Finally had enough time off work to set up my Rohan army in a suitable formation for battle. Now just waiting on Helm's Deep instruction booklet #3 from brickstruct to put the entire project together.

Pitfall69MasterBeefykiki180703legomattDroneYodaliciousSumoLegojaitheartistTheBigLegoski
  • DroneDrone U.KMember Posts: 194
    edited September 2015
    They look great! I'm just working on book 1.
    samiam391
  • legonut80legonut80 UKMember Posts: 314
    Just had a fright, the children shout there's a spider on the floor, they come to me expecting me to deal with it even though I really don't like them :( so I get myself together to go deal with it and as I get to it yes it's a lego spider :) the children then complain that lego spiders have too much detail haha think I need to get their glasses checked 
    Jennikiki180703BumblepantsLostInTranslationAdzbadboyhkcrazy88
  • workshybumworkshybum UKMember Posts: 64
    Lesson learned today. Don't build Lego in poor light conditions!
    kiki180703
  • LegoTTLegoTT Member Posts: 479
    edited September 2015
    Just finished The Tower Bridge. 

So. Many. Cheese slopes. 
    kiki180703JenniWatfordScottyMAdzbadboyBricklover18SumoLego1greenwinghkcrazy88
  • xwingpilotxwingpilot UKMember Posts: 797
    Signed my daughter up to the LEGO Club and Junior magazine :)
    Lego_Star
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,702
    What has the postie got for me today in this big box?

kiki180703khmellymelPitfall69hkcrazy88
  • chuxtoyboxchuxtoybox Member Posts: 711
    Legoboy said:

You just got punk'd!
  • chuxtoyboxchuxtoybox Member Posts: 711
    LegoTT said:

So. Many. Cheese slopes. 
    Do you build all through the night? Isn't that a pretty substantial set to finish in a day?:)

You did the same thing with the MF. Sept. 4: "Just bought the Falcon" Sept. 5 "Admiring my new MF". 
    kiki180703
  • LegoTTLegoTT Member Posts: 479
    LegoTT said:

So. Many. Cheese slopes. 
    Do you build all through the night? Isn't that a pretty substantial set to finish in a day?:)

You did the same thing with the MF. Sept. 4: "Just bought the Falcon" Sept. 5 "Admiring my new MF". 
    Haha, I legitimately did! The MF was built the night I purchased it.

The Tower Bridge...woof. I sorted the pieces and did about half of Book #1 the night I bought it, then started building the next morning around 7am (I'm an early riser...). Finished the build by mid afternoon. 

Tower Bridge is the most fun I've had with Lego since I was a kid, though. Pretty rewarding to see all of those pieces come together.
    kiki180703
  • jaitheartistjaitheartist Member Posts: 30
    Clearing shelf space and organizing Lego. Collapsing and storing boxes, organizing sets into ziplock bags and bins. Keeping Lego organized is a whole hobby in itself! 
    JELJ1SAllBrick
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,374
    Legoboy said:

kiki180703LegoboySumoLegoMasterBeefyJELJ1STheBigLegoskiricecake
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,933
    ^  All that for a FOLDED poster?

You should keep the box.  I reckon you could fit a whole mess of heads in there.  Or a whole person.

Or you could sell it to @Farmer_John for like $25.00...
    kiki180703
  • libelulexlibelulex New York, USAMember Posts: 15
    Building my first all Technic set, the F1 Racer. I am really loving how intricate it is but may take me forever as I am watching Narcos on Netflix.:)
  • LegoMosesLegoMoses IndonesiaMember Posts: 9
    My status would be, "I have my brain made up of LEGO!" :)
  • workshybumworkshybum UKMember Posts: 64
    I've just discovered I hate stickers. 
    Brikingkiki180703Jennihkcrazy88Mynatt
  • MattPetersenMattPetersen Florida, USAMember Posts: 282
    Today I'm organizing my DC and Marvel battle displays, and finally starting on some of the Scooby Doo sets. 
  • TheBigLegoskiTheBigLegoski Amsterdam, NederlandMember Posts: 1,346
    samiam391 said:
    Finally had enough time off work to set up my Rohan army in a suitable formation for battle. Now just waiting on Helm's Deep instruction booklet #3 from brickstruct to put the entire project together.

Wow, that eye-candy makes me almost drool! Your Rohirrim army is huge. You must have done a lot of Bricklinking, or bought a truck load of #9471 sets to amass that many mini-figures. Totally epic! 42 archers; a phalanx of another 42 footsoldiers, and 21 horsemen.

You better have quadruple the number of Orcs & Uruk-hai to match your Rohirrim!?
    There is always something fascinating about seeing a fully armed and equipped minifig army, especially when they are all posed in a MOC'ed landscape, travelling or engaging another army in the field or at some caste siege or tournament. Be sure to post some more pictures will you when you place them all in a MOC?! I'd love to see that!

I bet pretty soon pictures will start to emerge of people showing similar amounts of TFA SW first order Imperial (would they still be called Imperials?!) troops and what not.

In the mean while my own Lego activities are primarily focussed on (still) taking sets apart and putting them in Zip-lock baggies. Not much building going on lately.
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,484
    edited September 2015
    @samiam391. Buy another 42 horses and mount the infantry, then your Rohan army will be perfect.
    You do not even have to colour match the horses. Commanders could ride White or Black horses and the other cavalry can have plain brown or black horses. 
    I look forward to the day when I can display my own army, sallying forth from a Helms Deep MOC.  
    First two of a dozen Bricklink orders arrived today.  Whatever could I be building?

• binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
    Legoboy said:
    First two of a dozen Bricklink orders arrived today.  Whatever could I be building?
    Looks like #4000001.
    LegoboyPitfall69
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,624
    edited September 2015
    Sig Fig - 500 Flickr Followers Special

Sig Fig - 500 Flickr Followers Special

Today I have finally reached 500 followers on Flickr, and the fact the 500th follower happens to be the extremely talented Nannan Z. is awesome! I'll like to thank everyone who has favourited, commented and shared my work; without that I wouldn't have lasted this long and hope it continues as we progress into future :)

I have been uploading photos daily and I have finally come to see that it's over saturating my creativity and it's becoming less exciting. From now on I'll commit to at least one photograph, MOC or graphic a week. That way I can spend more time on other commitments and it will allow my work to have much better quality which is better than quantity.

I first joined Flickr to upload a portfolio as requested by one the universities in January 2014, I didn't get into that university and instead went to Middlesex University (Hendon Campus) where I have completed my first year studying BA Product Design. I didn't avidly use Flickr until Summer 2014 when I entered the 'Neo-Classic Space MOC Contest' on Brickset Forum to produce a Classic Space MOC under 338 pieces. From that contest I created several MOC's which got me really engaged in MOC building and pushed me to create some pretty awesome MOC's which progressed to my recent photography which allowed me to present my MOC's in a professional and unique manner.

legomattGothamConstructionCo
  • nexandernexander Glasgow Member Posts: 882
    After building my star destroyer last week the wife just pulled my republic gunship from my build pile and cracked it open. She may be my wife and mother of my children but there are limits. For reference that limit is Slave 1! On the positive side I tested my mk2s power functions with no gear crunches.
    Salamalex
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,258
    samiam391 said:

Wow, that eye-candy makes me almost drool! Your Rohirrim army is huge. You must have done a lot of Bricklinking, or bought a truck load of #9471 sets to amass that many mini-figures. Totally epic! 42 archers; a phalanx of another 42 footsoldiers, and 21 horsemen.

You better have quadruple the number of Orcs & Uruk-hai to match your Rohirrim!?
    There is always something fascinating about seeing a fully armed and equipped minifig army, especially when they are all posed in a MOC'ed landscape, travelling or engaging another army in the field or at some caste siege or tournament. Be sure to post some more pictures will you when you place them all in a MOC?! I'd love to see that!

I bet pretty soon pictures will start to emerge of people showing similar amounts of TFA SW first order Imperial (would they still be called Imperials?!) troops and what not.

In the mean while my own Lego activities are primarily focussed on (still) taking sets apart and putting them in Zip-lock baggies. Not much building going on lately.
    @TheBigLegoski - I'm set on the Uruk Hai with well over 600. I'll definitely need to set both armies up together as if they are in battle! 

@Venunder - I agree, something I'll need to look into. Although, when they are setup on Helm's Deep most won't be on horses. 

• brumeybrumey AustriaMember Posts: 994
    hunting for mixed lots
    Just had a telephone conversation starting with 'I think your Lego addiction is getting out of control'. Not good!
    kiki180703JELJ1S
  • RailsRails Brierley Hill, UKMember Posts: 143
    nexander said:
    Just had a telephone conversation starting with 'I think your Lego addiction is getting out of control'. Not good!

Was it your bank manager? But yeah not good. I am sort of glad I don't have anyone able to pass judgement on whether I have too much Lego or not.
    SumoLego
  • DroneDrone U.KMember Posts: 194
    nexander said:
    I'm feeling your pain!!
  • JELJ1SJELJ1S Member Posts: 94
    Im in a destructive mood.  I will be disassembling all of the Creator Houses this weekend in order to make room for my Modulars.  I have all except the Detective office to display.  It should be a fun weekend!  I'll have photos of the process as i go.
    Not the bank manager but close, the wife! Has a slip from the postie saying 4 parcels were too big to fit through the door. she hadn't ordered anything and I get everything delivered to work. Turns out I had one Lego related item due but 4 were sent! Best of all they do fit through the letterbox but she had to collect them, hence her being a bit peeved. After explaining there was an error and I didn't order 4 all was good, until the next time anyway.
  • masterX244masterX244 GermanyMember Posts: 474
    bandit778 said:
    Just finished my 1st bricklink project
    --SNIp-- ed the image
    Protip: add a few more of the small star destroyers and/or make a titled stand, the set looks better that way
  • LEGO_Dad77LEGO_Dad77 Northeastern CaliforniaMember Posts: 243
    Layaway is the BEST hiding place for a Boys new LEGO Millenium Falcon. :)
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,248
    The family Lego collection just exploded:
    #60097, #60090, #60091, #60092, #60093, #60095, #60077, #60078, #60079, #60080, #70411, #70412, #75900, #75901 & #75903.
    #10687 for little Mr six.
    #10582, #10590, #10592 & #10601 for little Mr not yet two.
    #41054, #41062, #41075 & #41077 for the wife, but nothing for me today.

My only annoyance, its the first day that Big W has had the Scooby-Doo sets (the only local retailer that has them so far) & some complete frakker was going from store to store cleaning them out of every #75904 & #75902 (staff members at three stores were obliging enough to get the extras from the back dock, because he mentioned he 'has a big family & all their kids will want one' one of them was so proud of his efforts to help this poor fellow).
    xiahna
    Someone, grab me a chair.
    GothamConstructionCoCapnRex101kiki180703Lego_StarEddieDoesntMindPitfall69Jern92Adzbadboy
  • martynmartyn Reading, UKMember Posts: 148
    @LostInTranslation Wow they are awesome. Loving the detail on the shirts
  • TheBigLegoskiTheBigLegoski Amsterdam, NederlandMember Posts: 1,346
    Another dreary evening of bagging and zip-locking up a bunch of sets.
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 1,943
    bandit778 said:
    Just finished my 1st bricklink project
    --SNIp-- ed the image
    Protip: add a few more of the small star destroyers and/or make a titled stand, the set looks better that way
    Would love to add more but, in a couple of weeks it will be disassembled so I can use some of the parts to build 10143. I am hoping when I have finished my current builds to have a go at building a more screen accurate version of the SSD with a better underside.
    Adzbadboy said:

As I'm building MOC's in my room my four year old brother comes and joins me.

He builds his own stuff so here are some of his best creations over the past few months. I didn't help or give any import; it's all his own interdependent work :)

I know the feeling. I don't moc yet some of the stuff my 2 sons make are totally out the box thinking. I have been thinking of starting a kiddie moc thread. Not in a 'look how clever my kid is' competition but more of a tapping into the imagination and unrestricted creativity kids have. My 5 year old made a 'weapon' for his warrior. It consists of a lightsaber hilt, 3 of the 3 thin leaf foliage pieces finished with a technic pin and mace. Apart from the green colour, looks quite deadly!
    AdzbadboyYodalicious
  • brumeybrumey AustriaMember Posts: 994
    I M FINISHED SORTING BIONICLE PARTS. feels so good! i can use my living room again!

took me 2 months.   now for the lego parts.
    Lego_StarTheBigLegoskikiki180703
    LegoboyaimlesspursuitsBrickDancerAdzbadboymatticus_brickshkcrazy88VorpalRyukiki180703
    edited September 2015
    "Great Hanging Gardens of Babylon Batman!"
    kiki180703
    Crazy MF. 
    khmellymelkiki180703
    Legoboy said:
    Crazy MF. 
    I am not crazy; I am just misunderstood ;)
  • Thanos75Thanos75 Member Posts: 1,117
    I found them much easier to store on the strips like that. I felt them all out and put my number stickers on them and hung them on the end of one of my storage racks up and out of the way.
    Pitfall69SumoLegokiki180703
  • SirBenSirBen In the Hall of the Mountain KingMember Posts: 551
    Celebrating Taco Tuesday with the safe arrival of my Bat-Pod!
    aimlesspursuitskiki180703
  • KavsterKavster London, UKMember Posts: 75
    My status (for the past week, and I imagine quite a few more to come) is simply...
    "The sorting! My god, the sorting! How can there still physically be more to sort? Where are these pieces coming from, are they breeding? So much sorting. What? A megablock brick? WHY?!"
    *Dramatic drop to knees, and scream up to the heavens*
    brumeyMasterBeefyVorpalRyuSalamalexkiki180703Adzbadboyprevere
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,218
    @Kavster - I've been doing a lot of sorting lately, buy I've worked out quite a good system and actually find it quite relaxing....then again I know I absolutely will not find any Megabloks bricks in my collection, so don't have to deal with that mental trauma ;-)
    SirKevbagsbrumeyPenkid11MasterBeefyVorpalRyuSalamalexkiki180703Adzbadboyprevere