Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,484
    Finally got my next Lego purchase.  
    I think I may have overdone my buying a little....
    That is what happens when I can't buy lego for a while. :)
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,624
    BrickTsar's review of my LEGO Clockwork Robot

A huge thank you to BrickTsar for dedicating his time and effort to help me to promote my project.

boazalMrJ_NYkhmellymelLegoTTTheBigLegoski
  • boazalboazal IsraelMember Posts: 8
    Adzbadboy said:
    BrickTsar's review of my LEGO Clockwork Robot

A huge thank you to BrickTsar for dedicating his time and effort to help me to promote my project.

Cool !
    This is a really nice design. Everyone love robots
    :smile:  

• MrJ_NYMrJ_NY A flick missle away from Brickagara FallsMember Posts: 592
    Woke up with a bad craving for a Green Grocer... I think my wallet is in trouble :#
    BumblepantsBrickDancerAdzbadboyHangedSanchezhkcrazy8877ncaachamps
  • nexandernexander Glasgow Member Posts: 882
    edited July 2015
    The ups and downs of a Lego mad 3 yr old. The down (literally) - performing a double summersault from 3/4 up the stairs while rushing to get his cmf reward. The up- after a quick cuddle all he wanted was his minifig! Thankfully no broken bones and at least this time he wasn't 'helped' down by his brother.
    hkcrazy88
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,258
    Getting the strong urge to build a City/Town layout... despite not having any room in the house for a layout.

Perhaps it's time to convert the kitchen... (who needs it?)
    VorpalRyuGothamConstructionCoCapnRex101BumblepantsPitfall69snowhitieAdzbadboyhkcrazy88
  • namzepnamzep Member Posts: 42
    Took my nephew to the Lego store and picked up the Junior Pirate set and a copy of the July giveaway (30315).  For myself I picked up:

all 9 Series 4 Mixels @$2.48/ea
    two large pick a brick cups with multiples of the parts for the two new builds
    75904 - Mystery Mansion
    and I also got the lady to throw in a second 30315 for me

I also came home to 2 packages.  The first was a package from an eBay purchase of 200 of the grease treads (on the Sandcrawler wheels).  The second was from Lego.com and contained:

Mos Eisley Cantina
    Hulk Buster Smash 
    & the episode VI poster

Good Lego day.
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,295
    lol, I like how you bought for hundreds of dollars of lego, but your nephew only got a 10$ set.
    TheBigLegoski
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,248
    Captain America Sam Wilson has arrived to join Falcon Sam Wilson & the rest of my Marvel characters. :smiley: Didn't notice before, when looking at the pictures on the web, that his legs have been done with the new two piece moulding process. 
    xiahna
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,374
    edited July 2015
    ^What is the 2 piece molding process? 

My Guardians of the Galaxy Minifigures have different legs than previous minifigures, but why wouldn't Sam Wilson have the new legs if he was more likely produced after the GofG sets and minifigures? 
    @Pitfall69, similar thing to some of Simpson minifig arms, instead of a printed design, the design is made from two different colours of ABS. Example A:

Different legs for the GotG minifigs? Hmmm, I haven't really noticed any different in the legs.
    Pitfall69GothamConstructionCoxiahna
    Oh. Yeah, the mold changed for the leg assembly just recently, but I haven't seen these legs before.

Why do you have Sam Wilson out of his package? The horror!!! :)
    VorpalRyu
    edited July 2015
    Damn! I knew I should have lined him up next to Rocket (from the Warbird & the polybag), Jean Grey, the Collector & the ASM2 Electro... :smiley:

Yeah, these new two colour mouldings are interesting, hoping they don't have any issues. I will have to take a closer look at my minifigs tonight, seriously hadn't noticed the change.
    xiahna
    I think the new legs changed around the time the new heads with the recessed studs came out.
  • HangedSanchezHangedSanchez United KingdomMember Posts: 310
    I'm watching Amazon to see my #42009 Mobile Crane get dispatched. I nearly went for the #42043 Mercedes Benz AROCS, but thought I should save the £40 difference for the Lego store on Saturday.

I didn't mean to buy anything, but I made the mistake of showing it to my 4yr old nephew, who is a terrible influence!
  • Lego_StarLego_Star ... in a galaxy far, far away.Member Posts: 2,127
    ^^ New heads with recessed studs? Pictures please. :)
    Pitfall69
  • maniacmaniac Yorkshire, UKMember Posts: 794
    Fed up with people messaging me by eBay asking if I'll ship to Hong Kong.  I've said UK only, so no.  All four accounts have zero or low feedback so I suspect it's the same person but it's very annoying. Trying to stay polite in messaging, though, but when I try to reply to two of them via the App  I get "user ID not found". 
    I get people doing this but then saying they have a UK address. More like a redirect address...
  • TheBigLegoskiTheBigLegoski Amsterdam, NederlandMember Posts: 1,346
    Today I have decided to continue with the never ending story of taking more sets apart, either storing some as sets, or sorting, and more sorting of bricks, and putting all the different bricks according to size, shape and or colour in the hundreds of zip-lock baggies for storing.
    I bought a box containing a 1000 15 by 20 cm zip-lock baggies.
    I don't have the space in my house for batteries of brick file cabinets (the type of sorting boxes usually designated, I suppose for screws; bolts; nails; etc.), and I don't want my house to look like hardware store or a tool shed, so zip-lock baggies it is!
    I just have to figure out some sort of system for storing these according to type in all my IKEA black semi-transparent (SAMLA series) plastic storing containers in a way in which i can easily find the bricks again when I want to MOC stuff.
    Too long have I lingered in a growing world of utter Lego chaos!
    ps.
    Why does the air trapped in these Samla containers reek so bad when you reopen them after days or weeks. My Lego is clean, and has no scent, and my house also is free from any and all funky smells. Is it the plastic this IKEA stuff is made from?! Anyone else with IKEA SAMLA boxes, who also noticed this?
    Lego_Star said:
    ^^ New heads with recessed studs? Pictures please. :)
    Did I not say it correctly? 
    Lego_Star
    @Pitfall69
    I was more puzzled when you wrote "the mold changed for the leg assembly just recently". Aside from the molding with two colours, how have the minifig legs changed?
    @Pitfall69
    I was more puzzled when you wrote "the mold changed for the leg assembly just recently". Aside from the molding with two colours, how have the minifig legs changed?
    I was referring to the Lego trademark that are on the inside of the feet and the new hips have "Lego" running vertically in between the leg posts. I do not think it is a newly molded part, just a change in the mold itself to reflect these changes.
    VorpalRyu
    ^
    Ah! Thanks.
  • gandalfthebrickgandalfthebrick Member Posts: 40
    Just purchased #10672 for the batman and robin minifigures, after building the sdcc batmobile off bricklink, i knew i had to buy the figures, especially after getting the set on sale! unsure what to do with the set as of yet though...might have to go on ebay later!
    Just finalizing the events, guest panels and gift packages for PitfallCon 2015!!!!
    samiam391VorpalRyupiratemania7BumblepantskhmellymelSumoLegohkcrazy88
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,834
    Just packing up camping gear so I will be prepared to wait at the front of the line for the PitfallCon 2015 gates to open.
    samiam391VorpalRyuPitfall69
    Just packing up camping gear so I will be prepared to wait at the front of the line for the PitfallCon 2015 gates to open.
    It won't be as easy as being the first in line. If you want to win the Exclusive Pitfallcon 2015 Minifigure, you must complete the ritual of manhood and place your hand in a tree stump ala "Flash Gordon". If the creature bites you; you will win the Exclusive Minifigure. You will also die an agonizing death, but you still get the minifigure :)
    VorpalRyuGothamConstructionCoSumoLegohkcrazy88
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,484
    Loving the new Airjitsu toys. Spent an hour flying them last night. Brought back a few memories of other flying toys from my youth.
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,936
    Nice! That is pretty neat!
  • Vindic8edVindic8ed Member Posts: 163
    Attempting to sort out the rest of my collection I picked up from my parents while on leave...300lbs to give you an idea.
    300 pounds is a ton of Lego!!! Let us see pics :)
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,624
    edited August 2015
    Today is my birthday, thanks LEGO and product designer Mike for making this a great birthday present and an awesome product. Review coming soon :)

Ferrari F40 (10248)

Ferrari F40

Full Album: https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157656682870731
    rdflegoVortex
  • Vindic8edVindic8ed Member Posts: 163
    edited August 2015
    Pitfall69 said:

The grays blacks and whites I separated are in the three bins in the right corner; there's tons of Lego in the bags.  I stopped sorting to work on the Statue, went at it for 14 hours straight and got that far.
    Pitfall69hkcrazy88boazal
  • Jern92Jern92 MalaysiaMember Posts: 801
    Too poor to afford Lego at my current salary, so I'm dating another Lego fan and playing with his instead. :-P
    SirKevbagsVortexsnowhitiehkcrazy88
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,933
    edited August 2015
    ^  Be mindful of his Bilbo.  

Anyway, sorting some Paradisa sets.  The enthusiasm is running thin...
    SumoLego said:
    ^  Be mindful of his Bilbo.  
    I don't get it  :o
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,933
    edited August 2015
    It's probably better you don't...

Someone's naughty autocorrect made for some excitement in a couple of discussions.

http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/comment/369883/#Comment_369883

http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/20750/oops-someone-has-found-out-that-im-making-lego#latest
    Pitfall69
    SumoLego said:
    It's probably better you don't...

Someone's naughty autocorrect made for some excitement in a couple of discussions.

http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/comment/369883/#Comment_369883

http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/20750/oops-someone-has-found-out-that-im-making-lego#latest
    hahahahahahhahahahahahhaha

I did think of that, but wasn't exactly sure. :-P
  • VortexVortex Pakistan/USMember Posts: 342
    Lol , that's too funny . I think we should officially coin this phrase " being mindful of someone's Bilbo" lol
    VorpalRyusnowhitie
    Just finishing up a part order for a fellow Bricksetter. Does anyone know what set he's trying to complete?
    piratemania7
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,439
    Vindic8ed said:
    Pitfall69 said:

The grays blacks and whites I separated are in the three bins in the right corner; there's tons of Lego in the bags.  I stopped sorting to work on the Statue, went at it for 14 hours straight and got that far.
    That STATUE tho!

Looks great!

Did some Lego scrounging today.

Found at TRU. Picked up a few. They have them in a box under the CS counter along with other polys.

Saw #70170 and #70165 at a nearby Target and knew they were supposed to be clearanced (but they had no stickers). Sure enough they were 50%.
    The Mission HQ was opened and had packaging tape holding it down.
    Took it to CS and went through the box. EVERYTHING was there. (Target must have resealed it after verifying the contents.) Kind dude knocked off another 10%.
    Tempted to build it but everything sans wheels are still sealed. :)

Settling on building the Mystery Machine instead!
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    edited August 2015
    Pitfall69 said:
    Just finishing up a part order for a fellow Bricksetter. Does anyone know what set he's trying to complete?
    @Pitfall69 Ooh, is this a quiz?

It looks like it might be #6276 Eldorado Fortress.
    Pitfall69
    legomatt said:
    Pitfall69 said:
    @Pitfall69 Ooh, is this a quiz?

It looks like it might be #6276 Eldorado Fortress.
    Ding!! Ding!! :)
    SumoLego
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    @Pitfall69 if you need any classic pirate figures to go with it I have about 200.
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    @cheshirecat d'you still have all those pirate sets you were sorting (or am i remembering a different thread... hmm, not sure now...). I had assumed they'd all sold way back when. If not, remind me what you still have/condition, as I might be interested in a few odds and ends.
  • GeddesGeddes Member Posts: 574
    Enjoy @samiam391 ;