Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• bendybadgerbendybadger 127.0.0.1 ::1Member Posts: 1,141
    @VorpalRyu your designs are good and I love your micro fighters designs. Don't let the doubts set in. Lego is all about creativity and as long as you are pleased with your designs ( and you should be) then all is good.
    I am not sure how many on here could design better ones. It makes me think I should run a comp for it rather than doing the lottery freebie giveaways 

keep up the good work 

LegoboyGothamConstructionCo
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,385

I think it's more about popularity than the quality of the design, even though both are important. for the exact same model, someone like Alatariel will have no trouble gathering thousands of votes whereas a newbie will struggle to get a few hundreds.

your disadvantage is that your project is drown among hundreds of other projects, whereas it's not the case for someone like Alatariel.

though, I doubt it's worth being upset about it. does it really matter if other people admire your work or not? it's more like a way to torture yourself.

• VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,303
    @bendybadger thanks for that, I'm glad hear that you like them. Guess its more of a case of finding the right places to advertise my project, not so much my designs that are the issue.

As for your lotteries, I wouldn't change it. It was fun managing to get involved in one & it gives most the members of Brickset equal chance of getting involved. With competitions, they're dependent on criteria & most people are creative in different ways, besides, competitions come around from time to time.

@Fauch I understand that, I was just hoping that I might manage something a little closer to the target numbers needed to reach the 10k within the year. Stupid, I know, with the fact that they've added the extra time for hitting 1k & 5k of supporters.
    xiahna
  • EluneElune QuébecMember Posts: 99
    @VorpalRyu : Just because your designs don't get many votes on Ideas, it doesn't mean they're bad... There are a lot of really nice models on there that I don't support because I would not care to buy them as sets (most vehicules, for example, being more fantasy-oriented), but I appreciate them as original creations. Have you put them on MOC pages?

~*~

All of my Lego sets are now packed and ready to be moved to the new house in 3 weeks. Finally! ^_^
    @Elune I support mostly projects I would want, but if I think a project is really worthwhile, I will sometimes support them even if I wouldn't be likely to purchase.

In the last twenty four hours, I've been trying to get more Lego sites & FB pages (as going for Marvel/S.H.I.E.L.D ones got little response) to tweet, post, etc, but most have given me nothing but excuses (doing the Marvel/S.H.I.E.L.D stuff did more)...

So far, BrickUltra ran an article, but one of my supporters got that to happen (crediting him with the project, not a big issue, at least they got it out there). Seems like a part from BrickUltra & Ming-Na Wen, no-one wants to give me the time of day.

The last few days, been feeling like calling T.O.D & walking away from Lego altogether. I know I shouldn't let it get to me, but knowing something & doing it are two different things...
    xiahna
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    edited June 2015
    "I just want to sort Lego tonight" - my wife who has never participated in anything Lego with me before.  I think that might be even better than the damaged box-bonus VIP points Tower Bridge I secured yesterday.
    Well, that depends on what you asked her first. ;oP
    GuroooBumblepantskmc
  • rdflegordflego in a world of his ownMember Posts: 324
    The release date of the Mercedes Arcos truck could prove interesting; do I use the money I've been saving for a new computer or Lego...it's been on my Brickset wanted list for a while.......
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,161
    @VorpalRyu please don't let other people on the internet decide how much you can enjoy your Lego hobby. Build for yourself, build with your kids, have fun. Don't let Ideas votes or not votes take your joy.
    binaryeyehkcrazy88
  • mikedotcamikedotca Winnipeg, CAMember Posts: 14
    Sorry from the start... my status today is mostly a rant and I see this topic has been covered earlier in this thread, namely how awful Yodel is at delivering [email protected] orders in the UK. 

I am trying to get my PAB order delivered but the local courier is quite simply omnishambles. I'm re-living what some other people have had where the parcel gets stuck going in circles between two depots and never gets delivered. After 2 days with their twitter rep offering to help but not actually doing anything, I went on livechat with an CSR who finally informed me that I need to contact LEGO because only they can do anything. Seems my address being correct doesn't actually guarantee the courier is capable of fixing their own mistake.

I did contact LEGO, the problem was apparently 'fixed' and I was given some VIP points for my trouble, but now two days later the courier is still investigating the problem and not actually doing anything to correct the problem. Today they told me to once again contact LEGO to get them to chase the parcel.

(Honestly I probably should start another thread just to discuss putting pressure on LEGO [email protected] to drop Yodel as a courier. But I also understand DHL US also uses a third party courier that's quite slow and terrible too.)
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,401
    I was in my office this morning and I was looking at my lineup of Star Wars minifigures and Count Dooku caught my eye and I adjusted his place in the lineup. Little did I know, Christopher Lee passed away today at the age of 93. Weird.I loved Christopher Lee, he was great. Rest in Peace :(
    plasmodiumVorpalRyuAdzbadboyrancorbait
  • SuperTrampSuperTramp City 17Member Posts: 1,021
    ^Not that it makes a difference but he died on the 7th.

He was a great actor who will be greatly missed.
    Christopher Lee is dead!? That's so sad! D= I had no idea he was 93. I thought he was 20 years younger than that... Well, I hope he passed away in peace. Requiescat in pace.
  • WatfordScottyMWatfordScottyM Member Posts: 402
    On the hunt for Batman.  I've made the decision (good or bad) to try and collect all 24 Batman minifigures.  It might not seem like many, but there are a few expensive ones in there.

And so the quest for Batman Begins .... (see what I did there!)  :smile: 

hkcrazy88snowhitie

didn't know dooku was that old. 80 years old sith?

• binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
    Pitfall69 said:
    I was in my office this morning and I was looking at my lineup of Star Wars minifigures and Count Dooku caught my eye and I adjusted his place in the lineup. Little did I know, Christopher Lee passed away today at the age of 93. Weird.I loved Christopher Lee, he was great. Rest in Peace :(
    I was listening to my iPod while reading headlines on Google News, and about two seconds after I saw the news about him, shuffle served up a song from LOTR. Coincidence, of course, but it's a bit surreal when things like that happen.
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,939
    mikedotca said:
    Sorry from the start... my status today is mostly a rant and I see this topic has been covered earlier in this thread, namely how awful Yodel is.
    There. I fixed it for you. Yodel are almost always rubbish. I've never had a PaB order from Yodel, but I've had 3 or so other things, usually expensive, too. My £70 mechanical keyboard was left at the neighbours' because I was too slow opening the door. I opened it just as the bloke was walking from my neighbours to the van and he told me to go and get it myself. Not only that, but it was the third delivery attempt - I had been home all day the two days before and they'd put on the tracking info that no-one was at home both days, so I know they didn't even try. I had another horror story that I've forgotten, as well as one that was absolutely fine.

Also, very sad to hear about Christopher Lee. I knew he was getting on a bit, but it's still sad. Such an icon!
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,518
    Staring at Saruman minifigs and wondering if TLG will do a UCS Saruman in tribute to a great actor.

No more film Saruman.... Dracula or Dooku.
    Sad but expected. The result of life is always death. 

At least Christopher Lee had a very long life and made lots of great films.

LostInTranslationVorpalRyu
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,547
    Sandra Bullock just said "Legos" in an interview on BBC News  :#
  • hkcrazy88hkcrazy88 USA/ItalyMember Posts: 163
    Just got back from a 3 week vacation to the states, and am thrilled that we were able to bring most of the Lego we had mailed there back with us! Excited for new sets!
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,630
    edited June 2015
    LEGO Marvel Super Heroes - Ant-Man Final Battle (76039) Review

Imagine A Soldier The Size Of An Insect

You can find the full album of pictures here:
  • MrGudzMrGudz U.KMember Posts: 195
    Latest Bricks magazine and a cuppa. A great combination.
    matticus_bricks
  • eggsheneggshen Middleton, WIMember Posts: 552
    edited June 2015
    Today is an awesome day. Received my last bricklink order for #10228 Haunted House. The #10228 disappeared rather quickly when they went EOL. My wife and I didn't catch one so decided we would bricklink one since we already had quite a few of the pieces in our collection (sand green, black, and bley blocks, various other bits like brown bushes, robot arms, etc).

After five bricklink orders, one lucky ebay order (for one of the # 1 bags which included a lot of hard to find/expensive pieces and figures), one LEGO customer service order, and very careful planning I have spent right around $130 to get the complete Haunted House. Not bad for something that is now going for more than $350 on ebay and keeps going up.

And by golly I sure did click the "owned" button in my collection. I put in a lot of labor for this set. It's easy to pay for one in a box, it's a lot harder to hunt down all the pieces and manual to put one together. It is also much more fun! 
    aimlesspursuitshkcrazy88JenniThanos75Goldchainssnowhitie
    those winter village sets look nice, but don't they look a bit small? for example it says the cottage is like1.8 kg for 1400 bricks, which is the more the weight of a 1000 pieces set (though I guess it fits with the price)
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    Feeling a little panicked. Prepping for a final insane night of building and packing, so I can leave for BrickWorld first thing in the morning. So much still to do!
    CapnRex101
  • SuperTrampSuperTramp City 17Member Posts: 1,021
    Good luck @Shib
    ShibLostInTranslationSirKevbagsGothamConstructionCoGoldchains
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,287
    Cheers guys. The sun is shining on the island today...approx 30 hours of walking ahead of me over the weekend...fortunately i thought to take Monday off work to recover!
    EluneGothamConstructionCoLostInTranslationPitfall69Legoboyhkcrazy88SirKevbagsLego_StarGoldchains
    That sounds like a super cool challenge! And the Isle of Wight looks very pretty. ^_^ Enjoy!
    Shib
  • dragon114dragon114 United StatesMember Posts: 632
    waiting till monday to get my metroliner from ups.
  • readersamreadersam USAMember Posts: 62
    My LEGO status is cheerful today. My final LEGO Friends order arrived and I now have all of the sets, except for the advent calendars, the magazine gifts, a few early small promotional sets and the desk supplies (organizer, pencil holder, etc). Now I need to really focus on putting them together and creating Heartlake City in my LEGO room.
    hkcrazy88
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,727
    edited June 2015
    Good luck Jack. Just signed up for something similar (100km non-stop) and understandably a little anxious about it. Thinking of you and looking forward to receiving tips after the event. :)
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    Having a blast at Brickworld. Won a Fairground Mixer in the raffle, so I'm pretty pleased with my trip so far.
    BrickDancerkhmellymelhkcrazy88
    edited June 2015
    Decided that I'm not writing enough of late, so I've started a few Tumblr blogs to help change that, including a Lego blog, awesomestlego.tumblr.com and a Marvel blog, yamfb.tumblr.com

Not much there yet for either, but that will hopefully change quickly.

Elunesnowhitiexiahna
    @VorpalRyu followed. And on a similar note I post all my mocs to my tumblr rdflego.tumblr.com
    Legoboy said:
    Good luck Jack. Just signed up for something similar (100km non-stop) and understandably a little anxious about it. Thinking of you and looking forward to receiving tips after the event. :)

@Legoboy do you want the helpful answer or the honest answer?

LostInTranslationLegoboy
    Well it's too late now. Honest will have to do. Hope it's going okay.
    ^100k? That's it? I'm sure you will be walking downhill correct? ;)
    I pieced togther a #6080 King's Castle from my stash of bricks and pieces for my daughter. I even have the horses and most of the minifigures. Since I pieced it together and I do not have the original instructions; I will NOT be checking the "I Own" box ;) My daughter loved it, but has taken most of it apart already. Such as life, but that is what Father's Day is all about :)
    GothamConstructionCoVorpalRyuhkcrazy88piratemania7
    Legoboy said:
    Prepare for pain! 

In the more helpfull line, make sure you have some painkillers in your pack. Aside from that train, train, train some more!
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,282
    edited June 2015
    ^ You mean 'aside from that take the train, train, train' :)
    legomattGoldchains
    @rdflego, awesome, following. My wife wants to know which of the mixels was your favourite (she spotted them as I was taking a look).
    xiahna
    Shib said:
    Legoboy said:
    Prepare for pain! 

In the more helpfull line, make sure you have some painkillers in your pack. Aside from that train, train, train some more!
    How are you this morning?
    Well due to a massive blister on the underside of my right foot and my knees being stiff to the point of reducing how much i can move I've decided to move the goalposts a little. 
    Going to be coming back in a couple of weeks to finish rather than do the last 1/4 of the loop today and risking permenant injury.
    LegoboyEluneLego_Star
    @Shib You should be proud of what you have accomplished this weekend, congratulations on everything you have achieved by walking 9.9% of a Proclaimers song ;)

@VorpalRyu Yay, thanks and hello to your wife. Whilst I love Burnard's name Wizwuz easily takes my top spot. How about you?
    ShibVorpalRyu
    @rdflego I bought a few for parts & my wife fell in love with Footi, she now has all three of the Spikels... I don't really have a favourite myself, but Footi & Hoogi are kind of amusing.
    xiahna

I dunno why people feel proud about torturing themselves

• legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    edited June 2015
    Well, if torturing oneself for a good cause isn't your thing, there's always Karaoke - torturing others for a good cause. ;o)
    JenniplasmodiumVorpalRyuPitfall69hkcrazy88
    Very smart move @shib.  I don't think I'd be smart or strong enough to make that kind of decision.  I take my hat off to you.  Well done.
    Pitfall69Lego_Star